Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Zika is back in the U.S.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zika is back in the U.S.
    Posted: April 28 2017 at 2:55pm
http://www.kristv.com/story/34914677/seven-zika-cases-confirmed-in-2017

The Zika virus is back on the radar of Texas state health officials. Seven cases have already been confirmed in 2017.

As of March 10, Bexar, Brazoria, Collin, Lubbock and Smith counties, each have one confirmed case of Zika. Two cases have been reported in Cameron County.

Corpus Christi Vector Control is already spraying for mosquitoes that may carry Zika and West Nile Virus. Crews are using a solution designed to kill mosquito larvae. The efforts come after recent heavy rains that left standing water in many parts of the area.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2017 at 2:56pm
It is only a matter of time ... before we have a serious problem.

Medclinician

Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 2:56am
http://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates.shtm

Zika is back in Texas.

Zika Virus – May 16, 2017

DSHS provides updates every Tuesday on the number of Zika virus disease cases in Texas by the patient’s county of residence. As of the week ending May 12, 12 Zika cases have been reported for 2017, with 322 cases reported for 2015 and 2016. Full data for previous years is available at TexasZika.org.

Bexar - 1
Brazoria - 1
Brazos - 1
Cameron - 2
Collin - 1 
Dallas - 1
Denton - 1 
Harris - 1 
Lubbock - 1
Smith - 2

comment: This is not one case from 2016 when they were concerned. We now have 12 more.

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic