Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

London Terror Attack Again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: London Terror Attack Again?
    Posted: June 18 2017 at 5:46pm
I am about to go to bed, it is nearly 2 am here.  But there appears to be breaking news on the main news channel (BBC) that there is yet another pedestrian V vehicle on a bridge incident/attack in London.

It is a mainstay of who we are, that we welcome refugees with open arms.  We might just be starting to regret that.  I hope not.  Being part of a caring nation lets me sleep at night.  

It seems to me that the ultimate expression of nastiness is to bite the hand that feeds you.  I have always believed in religious freedom.  But now I think Margaret Thatcher had it right:  "You can have a Mosque in London when we can have a church in Saudi Arabia."

What a sh!tty world it is we have made.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 9:58pm
This one seems to be a revenge attack with a van plowing into a crowd coming out of a mosque. The latest reports are showing 1 dead and 8 injured.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40322960
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 12:00am
Worshipers leaving a mosque in Finsbury Park mowed down by a white male in a van. 1 dead, and now 10 reported injured.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/18/world/europe/london-britain-vehicle-collision-.html?_r=0

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 4:13am
Expect more revenge attacks,not surprising really
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 7:13am
Unsurprising, yes.  But, disappointing most of all.

This not only does what the terrorists want, by increasing their recruitment.  But it also lowers us to their level.  The Muslims attending the Mosque were most probably entirely innocent.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth just results in a lot of blind toothless people, and revenge attacks just spark more revenge.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 8:33am
It is likely this was staged. It would not be beneath certain groups to hire someone to do this to turn things around.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 8:38am
This one may be fake.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic