Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Anthony Scaramucci sacked as Trump media chief

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anthony Scaramucci sacked as Trump media chief
    Posted: August 01 2017 at 10:43pm
I Am a supporter of the USA,I just see that it's not seen in a good light,noone sees the good, IE,who is the first nation to send aid ie aircraft carrier,to a disaster area,and how much does it cost per day to have carrier on station per day.....plus all the food and medical supplies donated by the American people,which is usually relabled before it gets to the needy so USA NEVER gets the credit
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by WillobyBrat WillobyBrat wrote:

Personally, I couldn't agree with you more, Chuck.  Whoever does the cleaning in the Whitehouse, it appears, is very good at getting rid of trash.  

Carbon 20 will probably be amused to know: I was in the cafe of our local supermarket yesterday, before Scaramucci's sacking was announced, and I mentioned to a friend that America, at present, holds the western world together.  People at the tables nearby looked at me and began laughing and calling out: "Sack him! Sack him!".  On the understanding that when I have dug a hole for myself I know it is time to stop digginng, I have become very careful about my public support for America.  I hope this is only going to go on to be a small blip in America's world image and not a sign of permanent decline as it has many historical similarities with the fall of Rome and other great empires.

Wait a moment!  Oh, it's all right.  It is only my daughter I can hear fiddling.  For a moment I thought it was Nero.

Don't worry, America will survive this guy Trump and his family.  We continue to lead the world, militarily and economically, and everyone knows it. 

Our friends in Europe, Australia and other places know this. 
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2017 at 8:13pm
β€œThe point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2017 at 11:29am
What you guys do not understand is that President Trump is not a political person and putting Priebus in was a "bow" to the Establishment Republicans just as Obama did with is appointments. Priebus brought along all his friends from the RNC and some of them hate Trump so the leaks.

He made a great call to put Kelly in there and dump the Establishment Repubs. None of you really knows how this all works in the background and I can tell you the Dems are no different.   They do the same thing of putting Establishment Dems in when there is a Dem President.

Trump's problem was and is he wants to drain the swamp and all the Establishment people Repub and Dem do not want it drained so President Trump is fighting both parties! Give the guy a break it is really bad in D.C!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2017 at 1:21am
Soap opera?

I would have said Three Ring Circus, except it is supposed to be the clowns that do pratfallls into the piles of elephant accidents, not the ringmaster.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2017 at 1:14am
Personally, I couldn't agree with you more, Chuck.  Whoever does the cleaning in the Whitehouse, it appears, is very good at getting rid of trash.  

Carbon 20 will probably be amused to know: I was in the cafe of our local supermarket yesterday, before Scaramucci's sacking was announced, and I mentioned to a friend that America, at present, holds the western world together.  People at the tables nearby looked at me and began laughing and calling out: "Sack him! Sack him!".  On the understanding that when I have dug a hole for myself I know it is time to stop digginng, I have become very careful about my public support for America.  I hope this is only going to go on to be a small blip in America's world image and not a sign of permanent decline as it has many historical similarities with the fall of Rome and other great empires.

Wait a moment!  Oh, it's all right.  It is only my daughter I can hear fiddling.  For a moment I thought it was Nero.
I like Ike
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2017 at 5:06pm
Better than a TV soap!!!!!!

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.πŸ––

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2017 at 4:55pm
Good riddance to that POS.  I guess Gen. Kelly will throw some weight around...Bannon next?
CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2017 at 3:18pm

Anthony Scaramucci sacked as Trump media chief

ScaramucciImage copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionMr Scaramucci has not been moved to another White House role

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has been fired after fewer than 10 days in the post.

The former Wall Street financier had drawn criticism after calling a reporter to give a profanity-laced tirade against his colleagues.

Mr Trump's chief of staff Reince Priebus and spokesman Sean Spicer both left their posts with his appointment.

The decision was made by Mr Trump's new chief of staff, Gen John Kelly, who was sworn in on Monday.

The president was also unhappy with Mr Scaramucci's performance, the White House confirmed.

Mr Trump's spokeswoman, Sarah Sanders, said the president thought Mr Scaramucci's comments to the reporter "were inappropriate for a person in that position".

Media captionScaramucci comments "inappropriate" - White House

He has not been moved to another White House role, she added.

Mr Trump had tweeted in the morning about job and wage figures, and insisted there is "No WH chaos", referring to reports about fighting among White House staff.

Mr Scaramucci had boasted of reporting directly to the president, rather than to his chief of staff.

Media captionThe feud between Priebus and Scaramucci decoded

Gen Kelly, who had formerly served as secretary of homeland security, was sworn in on Monday morning at the White House.

The Scaramucci missile did its job

By Anthony Zurcher, BBC News, Washington

Staff in this White House have the job life expectancy of mayflies. Only 10 days ago, Mr Scaramucci burst on to the scene as the fast-talking New Yorker whose fanatical devotion to the president was matched only by his distaste for the established order.

Although his job tenure was short, he managed to do a lot of order-disrupting. Press Secretary Sean Spicer resigned to give Mr Scaramucci a "clean slate". Then, like a heat-seeking missile powered by foul language, Mr Scaramucci went after Reince Priebus, who was unceremoniously cashiered on Friday.

Now it is Mr Scaramucci's turn to wipe down the slate.

If Mr Scaramucci's exit was indeed orchestrated by John Kelly, it could be an indication that the former general is quickly asserting control over what has been a rancorous White House.

Perhaps it is the first sign of order being established, even if the brevity of Mr Scaramucci's tenure - he wasn't officially set to begin until 15 August - will be a short-term embarrassment for the president.

Then again, it could be that the pace of change is quickening as the Trump administration approaches the centre of the vortex. Only time will tell.

Skip Twitter post by @Scaramucci

A great night in W Va. we have great momentum. pic.twitter.com/2Cb4OBhsMf

β€” Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) July 25, 2017

End of Twitter post by @Scaramucci

The resignation of Reince Priebus came on Friday after Mr Scaramucci posted and then deleted a tweet which many interpreted as an accusation and a threat against Mr Priebus.

Mr Scaramucci also called a reporter to attack Mr Priebus as a "paranoid schizophrenic" and accuse him of leaking information to the media.

Media captionScaramucci: "Where I grew up, we're front stabbers"

During the on-the-record phone call, he also made vulgar statements about chief strategist Steve Bannon.

He also pledged to fire every member of the communications team, as part of his crusade against "leakers".

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic