Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Obama Care Implosion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama Care Implosion
    Posted: August 02 2017 at 6:56am

OBAMACARE IMPLOSION?
Congress paralyzed as insurers look for massive premium increases

I used this term yesterday and it amazing how stuff from my posts shows up on the mainstream.

We do have an ostrich with its head in the sand phenomena here. Obama care didn't work, doesn't work and is doomed for extinction. You cannot force insurance companies to take massive losses without due compensation and they won't and are jumping the sinking ship.

.gov is no longer Obama and Democrat land, and the system bad from the outset. Perhaps America is hog tied to pay Social Security which was a Ponzi scheme in the veiled form of a benefit which was a massive tax which go broke and collapse. You cannot make the young take care of the old who now live year pas the days when most died before they even collected it. Now we have the same scenario by expecting the young who hardly use health care to support the old who use up massive amounts in their last years of life.

We would like to think that life is fair and oldster may say "well I paid into to it my whole life and now they are trying to cut it". Insurance is insurance - and my dad was a broker and I his protegee and like gambling at Las Vegas, there has to be more losers than winners. And under the current disaster, there are going to be a lot of losers.

I think of an implosion versus and explosion as something that collapses by its own design. Insurance has always been a scam with higher deductibles and every effort possible to make a profit on the fearsome.  And then putting pressure on the masses - i.e. California driving insurance use to be optional.

Unfortunately the Democrats have never been good with numbers. They basically pass laws to pay benefits and get votes without any idea of how to pay for them. There is so much pork in place in most bills now special interest groups now have attitude and it is critical to them to keep their programs and agendas. No can do.  There must be draconian cuts after Obamaland pushed our debts into the heights of dropping our credit and a shutdown of the government in some states.

What is sad with the handicapped and people who consume massive amount of care is we are reaching a point where more people are collecting than working. At least those paying taxes. In general the massive corporations find loopholes and in Oregon where I once lived, the electric company paid nothing in taxes for years.

Many of us who are elderly we suffer under this. If one has a fixed income let's say as little at $1000 a month and suddenly they take $800 for Medical and make you pay $400 for your drugs, you are finished and will end up homeless as well as your family no matter where you live.

In Oregon as well they simply cut paying for many people's life and death medicine. There is no requirement people receive health care. It is not a constitutional right just like food stamps. People died. Relatives sued and lost. Never rely on the government to take care of you.

We stand at a crossroads. Either the Democrats stop filibustering our entire law system and trying to create a government collapse so they can point the finger at Trump and the Republicans and try to get back in power, or we will see horror stories emerging in the near future. 

Some Senators like John McCain from Arizona are doing critical damage to our infrastructure and as dying act of dedication will ruin America.  This crusade to save Obamacare is a Don Quixote Man of La Mancha crusade with massive consequences.

It is time the Democrats stopped chasing windmills and focus on what is important and handle vital issues. The party is over and it is time to stop bickering and trying to crucify Trump - which is the media and social justice warrior agenda - and get back to representing the American people on issues which are the most important.

imho

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2017 at 7:50am
True, Obamacare is not really fit for purpose, but Trumpcare would be a complete disaster.  However, it is not Democrat fillibustering that is stopping the changeover, but Republican infighting.

Again, I agree, the left is never good with numbers; on the other hand, the right is never good with social justice.  There are exceptions.  George W Bush (not his dad who was worth his weight in gold) massively increased America's international debt, to lower taxes for the very rich.

I totally agree with the Ostrich analogy.  In fact it is even more accurate than you paint it.  There are ostriches on both sides of the fence.

Finally, there are better ways to pay off international debts than killing people - that is what lack of medical aid means.  This is even more undesirable as it helps the debt problem less than you think (Just look at what Carbon 20 had to say about that - no ostrich there.).

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic