Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mulitple Earthquakes hit California-Big One Coming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Mulitple Earthquakes hit California-Big One Coming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mulitple Earthquakes hit California-Big One Coming
    Posted: September 23 2017 at 3:51am
Just got a call from my cousin there have been dozens of Earthquake up and down the state of California in the last few weeks.

Will be coming out with more data.

Med
"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2017 at 4:37am
More quakes in this few days up and down California.

Medclinician

"not whether but when" i.e. my "not if, but when" - The Big One is coming.

note: This is suppression of information. People are worried.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2017 at 4:50am
SRC Location UTC Date/time M D INFO
USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 21:53 2.9 16 MAP I Felt It
  • Noida - TEST.
  • Noida - TESTTTT
  • USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 20:33 3.1 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Off Coast Of N. California Sep 22 19:50 5.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 19:50 5.7 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 19:50 5.7 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Redding,ca - On heavy equipment...ground felt like jello shaking. No damage.
  • EMSC Offshore Northern California Sep 22 16:54 3.3 15 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 16:54 3.0 25 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Ferndale - Sharp bang over very quick only felt it for 3 seconds or so
  • USGS Ferndale, California Sep 22 16:14 3.1 16 MAP I Felt It INFO

comment: Take a look at the activity in Ferndale, California. This was yesterday. 5.6, 5.7,5.7

This is a fairly significant quake - over 100 times more powerful than the one in San Jose recently.

Medclinician
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2017 at 2:40am

As World Turns More Slowly, We Face Earthquake Boom, Scientists Warn

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/slow-earth-earthquake-boom_us_5a12624be4b0dd63b1ab3cef

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member
    Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2017 at 8:31am
    https://www.dutchsinse.com/11152017-west-coast-usa-california-earthquake-swarm-san-andreas-creeping-section-in-flux/

Earthquake Swarm in California -

Above: November 15, 2017 – The West coast was impacted a day ago by a M4.6 + swarm. The next day, the midwest began to move with larger earthquake activity at the fracking operations as pressure transfers across the North American Plate. Texas, and Oklahoma being the points of pressure release at the drilling operations.

Clearly the West coast has moved over the past 2 days, and now it is apparent that the midwest fracking operations (Oklahoma + Texas) are being impacted as expected.

A swarm of new M3.0+ earthquakes has developed at the oil / gas pumping operations in Western Oklahoma near the panhandle by the border of Colorado.

New swarms of earthquakes have broken out to the East of California as pressure transfers across the USA from the West coast towards the East coast.

The craton is pushed by seismic pressure coming from the West coast, and is pushing towards the East Coast.

Medclinician

arirish View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2017 at 12:10pm
    Someone should tell the USGS about this! They seem to have missed it!
    Buy more ammo!
    Satori View Drop Down
    Valued Member
    Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2017 at 2:26pm

Pacific Northwest May Be at Most Risk for the 'Big One' Because of Seafloor Sediments

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pacific-northwest-may-most-risk-101002700.html

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
    Guests View Drop Down
    Guest Group
    Guest Group
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 10:06am
    Why I do not live in California: Earthquakes, Fire, Mud Slides, Smog, and Liberals!
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member
    Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 12:14pm
    Someone is on holiday. The earthquakes aren't.

8 minutes ago 1.6 magnitude, 0 km depth
    Girdwood, Alaska, United States
    23 minutes ago 1.5 magnitude, 39 km depth
    Sutton-Alpine, Alaska, United States
    about 2 hours ago 4.3 magnitude, 49 km depth
    Akutan, Alaska, United States
    about 4 hours ago 2.2 magnitude, 22 km depth
    Enetai, Washington, United States
    about 5 hours ago 2.0 magnitude, 4 km depth

There was a 4.4 in Alaska 2 hours ago.

United States has had: (M1.5 or greater)

• 57 earthquakes in the past 24 hours
    • 374 earthquakes in the past 7 days
    • 1,743 earthquakes in the past 30 days
    • 20,948 earthquakes in the past 365 days

The largest earthquake in United States:

comment: We are long overdue for the big one - and the real problem is if the upper large fault which goes all the way to Washington State ruptures the entire length to LA - we are going to see a 10. They don't go any higher than a 10.

source
    https://earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/recent

What would a 10 Earthquake be like?

https://www.quora.com/What-would-a-Richter-scale-10-earthquake-feel-like

Note that the total energy of a M10.0 quake would be distributed along and radiate from the entire length of the fault rupture and so someone located a distance from the fault could feel only a portion of that energy. When the fault is rupturing near the person’s location, the shaking would be most intense. As the rupture unzips along at greater distances from the observer, the shaking would be less intense with increasing distance. However, the total time of the shaking would be very long (up to 30 minutes?). This is just speculation, because a fault rupture of that length has never been observed. Also, as many Quoran answers to related questions have detailed, shaking intensity varies considerably with the geological structure both near and at the observer’s location. Solid bedrock doesn’t shake as intensely, while sedimentary basins can shake wildly as energy waves reverberate and resonate. Instances of vertical ground motions exceeding 1.0 G in sedimentary basins do occur with large quakes. During a M10.0 quake, an observer at such a site could be thrown into the air repeatedly for some time. The ground motions might be quite complex, so one probably could not stay on one's feet for long.

comment: I was in Morgan Hill (south of San Jose) nearly on top of the fault
    when
    the magnitude 6.9 Loma Prieta quake hit in 1989. Most of the water flew in the air from our swimming pool and it lasted at least 40 seconds as we could not even stand on our feet but crawled out of the house. Everything in the cupboards was on the floor. A half hour before all of our cats (12 of them) freaked out and ran off. The horses were also trying to get out. The ground looked like the waves of the ocean rolling. We were told we were lucky because below us was a huge empty place and house and us could have simply been swallowed up.

During an aftershock I was on the 7th floor at Kaiser taking care of patients and saw the floor ripple. Most of the patients screamed, jumped up (those who could) and ran down the hall tearing out IVs, feeding tubes, Gomco tubes, and ever a few main lines. It was chaos. The female coming out of the elevator ran up to me and could not stop hugging me - she was shaking all over. and said she thought the elevator was falling and she was going to die.  There was a crack near the elevator which went from the bottom of the foundation all the way up to us. If it had been an 8 - the entire hospital would have been ripped apart.

I doubt many structures could stand up to an 8. And there were hundreds of after-shocks.

Time to leave California. Between the coming nukes from North Korea and the quakes - and a state which probably has more crazies than most - time to head back to West Virginia.

Medclinician

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
    Adviser Group
    Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 12:41pm
    https://earthscience.stackexchange.com/questions/875/are-richter-magnitude-10-earthquakes-possible There is some discussion on the maximum magnitude for earthquakes and the frequency of them. Some estimates go to a M10 quake every 100-400 years. We may not have enough data on such quakes. But there is technical a limit in what strenght of magnitude a faultline can produce. Some people believe that a M10+ (max 10.5 ? 11? ) is possible. 

A meteorstrike could cause larger "quakes" a M15 "quake" would be the collapse of this planet. 

Med, yes we are long overdue for several major earthquakes (and supervolcanic eruptions) but maybe the data we have gives wrong expectations/calculations ? (A bit like the discussion on life on other planets.  Has life to be carbon-based ? If not do models than change dramaticly ? We may not know enough to answer that kind of questions.
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    ~Albert Einstein
    carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 1:53pm
    we are overdue for alot  of disaters,

here's  hoping they all happen at once ,

save the planet from the humans.........lol
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
    V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member
    Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2017 at 9:43am
    Okay - now they are using my words - "not if but when" - the big one is coming.

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
    V.I.P. Member
    Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 4:54am
    It's not over. Expect something serious soon. When it is very cold and then warmer things tend to shake. Especially very cold.

San Francisco (CNN)A 4.4 magnitude earthquake struck early Thursday in Berkeley, California, according to a preliminary report from the US Geological Survey, jolting some residents of the densely populated San Francisco Bay area awake in their beds.

The earthquake hit at 2:39 a.m. local time (5:39 a.m. ET), centered near the Berkeley-Oakland boundary.
    There were no immediate reports of damage in the area, the state Governor's Office of Emergency Services said.

This was closer to me than they have been. The San Andreas fault is stirring.

Medclinician

Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic