Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WORST President EVER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST President EVER
    Posted: July 26 2018 at 5:21am
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/25/1783539/-Keep-China-Great-Hey-guess-where-Trump-is-making-his-2020-campaign-flags

SUCKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
Trump=GREATEST flim flam scam artist in AMuriKAn historeeeeeee......................

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:14pm
One other thing,

I'm not a leftie or leftist.  I believe any form of political extremism is dangerous.

I voted Conservative (Right wing) in our last election.  I think the current Labour (Left wing) leader a well meaning but dangerous idiot.  Bush Senior and Ronald Regan (both Republican) were heroes of mine, McCain (Republican) still is. 

My loathing of Trump is driven by his bombastic, divisive, profoundly dangerous, unethical, callous and deceitful policies, not by my overall ideology.  I don't hate Republicans - just this one.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 3:48pm

below  is a quote from Piers Morgan,

if its true ,then we "Chump bashers" are only doing what the Chump admires ,admire about Chump ,

so toughen up princesses.......

this is the world you wanted and got 

"President Donald Trump is the kind of guy who comes to your house for dinner and then half way through the meal says he hates your food.

Oh, and as he leaves, adds for good measure that he’s not very keen on your curtains either.

He wouldn’t see that as being rude so much as being brutally honest.

Plain, blunt speaking has been the hallmark of his bombastic, in-your-face behaviour throughout his 50-year career as a billionaire real estate tycoon.

I’ve known President Trump a long time and he’s always called things exactly how he sees them in the moment, regardless of any offence they may cause."

see what i mean.............Wink

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 3:33pm

Donald Trump's UK visit draws thousands of protesters and supporters in London

By Jack Hawke in London and wires

Posted 56 minutes ago

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

< ="jw-icon jw-nextup- jw-" aria-label="Next Up " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 13px; font-family: jw-icons; color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0.6; : none; line-height: 1em; list-style: none; text-align: left; vertical-align: line; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; direction: ltr; font-stretch: inherit; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; -sizing: inherit; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; opacity: 0; : ; right: 5px; top: 6px; transition: color 0.15s ease, opacity 0.15s ease, visibility 0.15s ease; visibility: ;">
VIDEO: Tens of thousands line London's streets to protest Trump visit (ABC News)

Tens of thousands of people have filled the streets of London to protest Donald Trump's first visit to the UK.

An estimated 100,000 people marched through the British capital under sunny skies to make their voices heard.

Earlier on Friday, a balloon depicting Mr Trump as a snarling baby took flight for two hours in Parliament Square right next to Westminster.

Nearly $20,000 was raised via crowdfunding to get the six-metre-tall inflatable into the air in what kicked off a day of protest.

Other protests included a Women's March on London and one organised by the Stop Trump Coalition, with both forming to meet up in London's iconic Trafalgar Square.

Anti-Trump protester Elizabeth Sharma said she was marching because she was "fed up" with the way Mr Trump was trying to manipulate the world to fit his views.

< ="jw-icon jw-nextup- jw-" aria-label="Next Up " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 13px; font-family: jw-icons; color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0.6; : none; line-height: 1em; list-style: none; text-align: left; vertical-align: line; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; direction: ltr; font-stretch: inherit; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; -sizing: inherit; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; opacity: 0; : ; right: 5px; top: 6px; transition: color 0.15s ease, opacity 0.15s ease, visibility 0.15s ease; visibility: ;">
VIDEO: Trump baby blimp lifts off over London (ABC News)

"He thinks he is right on everything," she said.

"He has no understanding of the science of climate change, he is going to destroy the planet, he divides people.

"I mean, I could go on for hours."

Outside of London, similar protests were held across Britain in cities such as Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow.

VIDEO: UK opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn leads anti-Trump protest (ABC News)

Huge police numbers were on hand to manage the crowds in London, with only small flare-ups occurring when the demonstrators clashed with pro-Trump counter-protesters outside a pub on Whitehall.

Wearing Make America Great Again hats, the small group chanted "USA" and also voiced their support for English far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

One Trump supporter, who gave his name as Saul Goodman (the same name as a fictional lawyer in a TV series Breaking Bad), said he made the 350-kilometre trek down from Manchester solo to "welcome" Mr Trump.

"I have a lot of respect for the man, he's the kind of person America, and the West in general, needs these days," the 30-year-old said.

"He's standing up to the people that need to be stood up to, and he's putting his country first, as all leaders should be."

Michael, who did not want to provide his surname, happened across the march and was given a MAGA hat by an American friend.

"To say that he [Mr Trump] shouldn't visit other countries or that he's not welcome when he represents one of the biggest superpowers in the world seems crazy to me," he said.

The 32-year-old Londoner said he liked Mr Trump because of his policies.

"I think a country like America should attempt to be exceptional and build exceptional companies and establish global leadership," he said.

"It has the possibility to achieve a lot and I think our country has kind of lost its way — I don't even know what the point of this country is anymore."

Mr Trump is expected to face more protests in Scotland as he embarks on a two-day trip to his Tunberry golf course.

But supporters of Mr Trump will be out in force in London on Saturday, with a rally planned at the new US Embassy in London with speakers from UKIP, the Football Lads Alliance and For Britain.

Topics: activism-and-lobbyinggovernment-and-politicsworld-politicsforeign-affairsunited-kingdomunited-states

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 2:53pm
Manners make a MAN .

being civil,is much harder than being nice ,Deplomacy only works if you are civil to one another ,

bad men will do bad things if good men dont call them out ,(good on ya Jacksdad with you all the wayClap Wink)

if any man stood in front of me and said its ok to grab womens Pussies i would SLAP his face 

You earn  respect by the things you say and the MORALS you stand by,

Chump has bought and bullied his way to the top of the DUNG heap,

classic bully tactic and what Chump does all the time BULLY the women pollies aka Merkel and May

by saying something outragious before they meet to GRAB the headlines no matter what he says ,

then being nice to them ,then to grab the headlines again he bullsh..ts  ,

i would like to see one of the Blokes  he meets Knee him right in the b...s when he tries to squeeze their hands ....................LMAO

woudnt work though coz he like Theon Greyjoy..............got none Wink

he is a TOSSA

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Silence in the face of authoritarian acts of discrimination, persecution and injustice is just as complicit as supporting them. I don't intend to allow Trump's most egregious policies to happen without making my disapproval heard loud and clear. 

And as for Trump being civil if everyone else plays nice, he started this with the kind of rhetoric we first saw at his rallies on the campaign trail. It's not our place to make him feel all warm and fuzzy inside in the hope that he'll change his mind about gouging working people, locking up children, or mocking anyone he dislikes. That's not what makes a man like that tick. Sociopaths are completely different animals, and thankfully I don't pretend to understand them.

WELL SAID
there is only one effective way to deal with a BULLY
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:52pm
Yes he is also rude, rude enough to walk in front of The Queen Shocked, but offended though those few of us who understood this were, it is a social gaffe, not a crime.

The rudeness is unpleasant but also unimportant.  What he does is the real crime are the real crimes.

Would support wane without the hate?  I don't know.  I do know I can't stop.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:50pm
Silence in the face of authoritarian acts of discrimination, persecution and injustice is just as complicit as supporting them. I don't intend to allow Trump's most egregious policies to happen without making my disapproval heard loud and clear. 

And as for Trump being civil if everyone else plays nice, he started this with the kind of rhetoric we first saw at his rallies on the campaign trail. It's not our place to make him feel all warm and fuzzy inside in the hope that he'll change his mind about gouging working people, locking up children, or mocking anyone he dislikes. That's not what makes a man like that tick. Sociopaths are completely different animals, and thankfully I don't pretend to understand them.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:44pm
Okay I lied one more point  :)    I think most of you don't know how properly assess Trump.    You take everything he says at face value.   Love it or hate it Trump functions like an internet troll.    You can't take everything he says seriously.    He says stuff that he knows get a reaction from his opponents.   He triggers such crazy reactions in people that it ends of discrediting them and not Trump.  He gets you off your game.    The funny thing is that his opponents walk right into the trap every single time.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:33pm
Ironically I believe that if the hate was turned down... I thnk his support would also wane.   Isn't htat what you want?    Everytime you attack Trump you are triggering the persecution reaction form his supporters.   Quiet down the hate and the supporters would be quieter as well.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:29pm
Okay this is my last point and I think I will let it rest...    The only thing different about Trump is that he doesn't play by your rules of "civility".    It is simply a backlash against all the politically correct bull***** that has been thrust upon my generation.   I find it refreshing.      The process is incredible ugly at the moment because of all the political inertia present in this country.   However I really think Trump is getting momentum and things will be better in the future. Please try and look at results and not at the process. 

If you want more civility in public discourse please turn down the crazy rhetoric against Trump.   He will be civil if he is treated so.   On the other hand he will fight you every single time  he feels he is wronged.   Yes I find it annoying sometimes as well but it is how Trump is and you aren't gonna change him.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 1:16pm
I also beg to differ.

Trump really is different, fundamentally so.

Obama made a hash of Obamacare, but he did care.
Bush (Jnr) failed to make his figures add up, but he was neither enumerate nor lacking a social conscience.
Clinton cheated on his wife disrespectfully, but failed to damage the respect the office of POTUS carries.

I could go on and on, back to the first settlers. 

Trump however removed Obamacare without a valid replacement, because he could not care less about the uninsured. 
Trump has shrunk the jobless figures, but at the expense of wages, worker safeguards and the value of the dollar.  He even claims this a victory, effectively demonstrating what true enumeracy looks like. 
He not only cheated on his pregnant wife, but bragged about his conquests as well.

Once again I could continue the comparisons - right back to Lincoln, who had slaves -  yet championed their rights.  Yet this President accuses those who protest at the treatment of black people as unpatriotic - even decorated heroes and NASA astronauts.  At no point does Trump compare well.  Even Nixon looks good in that grubby mirror.  Trump appears to lack a conscience, only "face" seems to matter.

Worse, so very, very much worse, he is trying to control the media.  The last leader in the Western world to try that was Hitler.  However much the other Presidents were lambasted, they learned from it.  The current POTUS just behaves like a big spoilt baby and screams "Fake news!"  The darkest  deeds are done in darkness.  Those planning to do them turn the lights off and that is what The attacks on the media are doing!!!

I am sorry, but this President is a disgrace to his office, his country and his people.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:29pm

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/13/1780212/-FEMA-admits-the-obvious-in-new-report-that-it-completely-failed-in-its-response-to-Hurricane-Maria

On Thursday, FEMA released its official after-action report about the agency’s response to Hurricane Maria. Surprisingly, they publicly admitted to what Puerto Ricans know all too well—that the agency failed to properly respond to the humanitarian crisis caused by the Category 4 hurricane on the island almost ten months ago.

well  boy am I confused
didn't Donnie say this was the best hurricane response everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ???

of course he did
NUMEROUS times

oh well just more fake news from a fake President
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

Everytime there is a strong conservative.   They are labeled as Sexist, Racist, homophobe and with just about any other "ist or phobe" you can think of.   If the left didn't do ths EVERY single time with strong conservatives mayble I would believe you this time.   In the past conservatives have cowered in fear when attacked on these lines.... Trump dosn't play ball by the lefts rules.

wrong wrong and WRONG

Trump is given certain labels because of what HE SAYS AND DOES
if you treat women the way Trump has his entire life,commit adultery every chance you get,cheat on your pregnant wife with a porn star
guess what
ya get a label attached to that
golly gee whiz???

if you attack immigrants and make continual denigrating remarks about them constantly
guess what
theres a label that goes with that

this is not rocket science

Trump says what he says and does what he does
he convicts himself
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:00pm
We're going to have to agree to differ because I see an bigoted old man yearning for a return to pre-civil rights America that makes no bones about the races, nationalities and demographics he holds in contempt. Oh, and my heart is just fine, but that was a nice try.

Respect is earned. Still waiting for a reason to feel that way about Trump. 

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 10:00am
www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/feds-collect-record-individual-income-taxes-through-june-still-run

"Feds Collect Record Individual Income Taxes Through June; Still Run $607B Deficit"

The tax cuts objectively speaking have in no way objectively hurt us... now lets try and get spending under control.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:37am
Everytime there is a strong conservative.   They are labeled as Sexist, Racist, homophobe and with just about any other "ist or phobe" you can think of.   If the left didn't do ths EVERY single time with strong conservatives mayble I would believe you this time.   In the past conservatives have cowered in fear when attacked on these lines.... Trump dosn't play ball by the lefts rules.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:34am
I say respect your president!   Then you say "well this president is differnet"    To me I don't see this president as being that different from any other.    The difference I see is a much different reaction from the media and activitists on he left.   Yes his personality is odd and hard to like for some.   However I think we should be able to see past it.      Much of what you don't like about Trump comes from how he responds  to being attacked.    If he was actually accepted from the beginning I think he would be a much more likeable person.

Please stop it on the "he hates".   Okay I wll admit there is some evidence of this when it comes to women.... even then I am skeptical.     There is NO evidence of hate anywhere else.   If you keep pushing that narrative it only reveals the content of your own heart and not of Trumps.     "Every thing I say is fact and not oppionion" and "I know the condtion of another mans heart"   No  you don't.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 8:43am
I just (against my better judgement) had a look at Fox news.  I found this:

LONDON –  President Trump began his three-day visit to the United Kingdom on Thursday amid scattered protests and a government deeply divided over Britain’s departure from the European Union. 

Flying into the capital from Brussels, Trump traveled to Winfield House, the U.S. ambassador’s residence in the capital, where Trump is staying Thursday night with first lady Melania Trump.

There, approximately 30 protesters had gathered, where they hope to create enough noise to keep Trump awake at night. As the Trumps departed for Blenheim Palace on Marine One, where they were scheduled to dine with Prime Minister Theresa May, protesters could be heard jeering, drum beating and chanting in the distant background.

But while the major protests were planned for Friday afternoon, when an enormous “baby Trump” balloon is expected to float over Parliament Square, protests on Thursday seemed somewhat muted.

Outside May’s 10 Downing Street residence, roughly a dozen protesters gathered to protest the U.S. president’s arrival -- but some told Fox News they were disappointed as they had heard that as many as 5,000 were expected to protest.

Lucy Wheeler was the first to arrive: “Where the other 4,999 people are I’m not sure, but I’m here,” she said, carrying a sign that said “Trump Not Welcome.”

Wheeler, who is half-American, said she was protesting on behalf of her American family members who she said have had their lives “dismantled by his really degrading policies and I’m also horrified at the way we seem to be blundering into a future where our great British values don’t count anymore.”

Wheeler said immigration, a subject that is frequently cited by both Trump’s supporters and opponents in the U.K. as their reason for their respective support or opposition, was one of her main issues.

What a bunch of liars!

Tens of thousands have gathered!  Fox news calls them scattered rotests.  True, but misleading.  There are dozens of HUGE protests scattered across the country.  I have never seen the like in Britain. 

The protests are orderly, gigantic and profoundly rude!  I have seen the use of language Britons don't usually admit to knowing.  C U Next Tuesday for example.

6:36

'Good chunk of city has been shut down'

Tom Burridge:

Trafalgar Square is pretty full but there is quite a good atmosphere, it's relaxed and fun.

There are some speeches from the TUC and charities such as an organisation against racism.

It's quite remarkable - a good chunk of the city has essentially been shut down.

He is off to see our Queen now.  She is constrained to avoid politics  and be polite to everyone.  She even has to entertain dictators and warlords, poor woman.  I bet Trump claims she was exceptionally nice to him.  Dead
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:29am
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:28am
"Fake News!" says Trump. The interview with The Sun is Fake news he says.

If you don't mean it, Trump, don't say it!

You already insulted our country, Trump!  Don't call our press liars too, unless you can back that up.

Here is the interviev WITH TRUMP SAYING EVERYTHING THE SUN ACCUSED HIM OF ON CAMERA!!!

................................ 'and still half of Americans believe him in face of all the evidence.

Stupid or insane?  This is as deluded as Rishat!
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 6:03am
I can say this for certain.  I hate him. 

I have NEVER felt this way about any American before.  I respected ALL previous Presidents, on both sides of the political divide, even when I disagreed with them.  NONE of them ever gave me the impression that the only thing they cared about was their own popularity.  Even in moments of howling disagreement and obvious errors I could see the humanitarian behind the act.  Not this time.

I still respect the office he holds, the security and administration offices and the American people. 

But not this Man, never him!!!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 5:53am

...Trump doesn't hate anyone...
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Say what?

I can not see inside Trump's head.  I don't know who he hates.  Based on appearances, he gives a strong impression that he hates:

Blacks
Asians (both Sino-Chinese and Indian)
Arabs
Latinos
Germans
Native peoples
Women (except sexually, and that looks like an attack)
Democrats (most Republicans oppose them, only Trump appears to hate them)
Moderate Republicans
The English
Canadians
The sick and disabled including veterans ("Those too stupid to avoid the draft like I did")
Anyone with the oughtright cheek to disagree with him
Anyone unwilling to lie for him
............................................................................................................................................

The list is unfinished.  A full list is beyond my ability to type in one sitting.

We could be wrong - this could just be the impression he gives.

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 5:17am

...Trump doesn't hate anyone...

Say what?

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:16am
Originally posted by EdwinSm, EdwinSm, wrote:

It seems that most Central Banks go for a range around 2% inflation (not high enough to send prices into a rapid cycle of rises and so stoking more inflation; but high enough to allow for some adjustment of 'real' wages downward without the need to actually cut the $/£/€ amount of the salary).
My point exactly, except you put it better. Grrr!
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:01am
I would say inflation is a little like medicine: a little seems to be good, but too much is poisonous.

When I took out my first housing loan I was paying 12.25% interest - that was not a sign of a healthy economy, as anyone who has lived through such times might realise. And at the worst point the apartment/flat lost 50% of its value (rising back to the purchase price after about 14 years).

What is "a little"?  It seems that most Central Banks go for a range around 2% inflation (not high enough to send prices into a rapid cycle of rises and so stoking more inflation; but high enough to allow for some adjustment of 'real' wages downward without the need to actually cut the $/£/€ amount of the salary).

According to the 2% goal, then 2.9% is a little on the high side, but not too much to worry about unless we see an upward tread.  This little trade war, to Make America Isolated Again, should start raising prices so inflation might well pick up.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 2:51am
I don't think it is immigrants per-say he hates, just any with coloured blood.  Melania is obviously white, whereas Mexicans are latino. 

As for inflation, there is a tie to growth, but not an unavoidable one.  Sometimes, inflation increases when the economy is struggling (Germany between the wars and more recently, Zimbabwe).  You certainly can't read it as proof of growth.

Personally, I think: "Growth rate?" is the wrong question; America is already a very rich country.  "Where are you spending what you have?" and "How fairly is it shared out?" are far more relevant.

Giving the incumbent President a chance is a good rule-of-thumb, but in my opinion, Trump is an exception, - for all the wrong reasons.  That starts with the deviation from the norm of failing to strive for inter-camp unity upon gaining office, unlike all his predesessors, left and right. 
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 9:56pm
Then why did Trump mary one?    Trump doesn't hate anyone he is trying to enforce the law.

Personally this is what I would purpose for immigration: Anyone who wants to come here can apply for a work permit.     You can come if you can  support yourself....   (buying your own health insurance may have to be a big part of it).    However you get absolutely NO government assistance bar say a ticket back home if you  fail here.   Otherwise no government help.     If you are a productive member for society for say 5-20 years maybe we may allow you to apply for citizenship.    The rule is EVERYONE working in this country would have to either be a citizen or a member of this program.   Since we are being so generous absolutely NO illegal immigration would be tolerated.

MTA: One more rule you must apply for this privilege from your home country.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:33pm

"I have sit down"

Trumps polices are yet in their infancy....    There is no way you have already objectively weighed them.   They haven't had time to work yet.

All  am saying is try to support your President until you have a chance to replace him with someone you would prefer.

SERIOUSLY??????

Trump is claiming credit for the "booming" economy isn't he
but yet his policies haven't had time to work????

his vitriolic hatred of immigrants hasn't had time to kick in yet????

REALLY ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:31pm
"hide" behind FACTS LOL
are you SERIOUS?

theres NO hiding involved

AGAIN
show ONE thing I have posted about Trump that is not TRUE

thats how I judge and evaluate everything
I use FACTS
what rational,logical person doesn't use FACTS to make decisions ???????????
Trump supporters perhaps ? LOL

I am anti Trump because virtually EVERYTHING he says and does is antithetical to everything I believe

I think Trumps economic policies benefit the 1%
even NUMEROUS Republicans admitted that the tax reform was designed to benefit the wealthy and that the middle class was thrown some crumbs to get the bill passed

Trump has turned hatred of immigrants into an art form

he is rolling back laws that protect workers and the environment

he is a serial adulterer ,he cheated on his pregnant wife with a porn star for crying out loud
those are NOT my moral values

he avoided the draft 5 TIMES by LYING and filing false paperwork with the government and got his doctor to LIE for him,and then he has the gall to attack gold star families

do I need to go on????????????????????????

again
I ask you or any Trump supporter
WHY should I like this guy?
why should I support his policies???

NO ONE everrrrrrrrrrrrrr  answers this question

"hide behind facts " LOLLOLLOL

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:23pm
"I have sit down"

Trumps polices are yet in their infancy....    There is no way you have already objectively weighed them.   They haven't had time to work yet.

All  am saying is try to support your President until you have a chance to replace him with someone you would prefer.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:17pm
Satori...   you like to hide behind "facts"    but you show your true colors through your tone and pure volume of stuff you find.    You don't think that the volume of negative stories you share could be seen bit excessive by others?    How do you possibly have time to do all the research you seem to do?
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:09pm
To me the arguments that go on here are much more akin to a sports forum.... where you have homers and haters.     Both sides blindly supporting their side.   Their side is always right and the other wrong.    It is all about scoring points as to who gets the better dig.   It appears to be a very primal form of tribalism.

Politics should not be about that.   It should be about ideas and and ideals.   We should be able to have objective discussions on Government policies with out even naming public officials by name.    We should just debate the merits of ideas.   For this reason I really try not to post here but you guys seem to suck me back in from time to time LOL.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:52pm

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/12/1780090/-The-GOP-tax-cut-is-flat-lining-when-it-comes-to-raising-wages

pointing out OBVIOUS FAILURES is NOT irrational hate
it is STATING THE FACTS
has ANYTHING I have posted concerning Trump not been the TRUTH ?????????????????????????
anything???
ANYTHING?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Trump does what he does and he says what he says
his OWN actions and words convict him
no one needs to make anything up with this guy

why would a RATIONAL,INFORMED person support policies that are OBVIOUS failures ????????????

you consider that a RATIONAL act ???????????????

the FACTS speak for themselves

and I have literally sat down and looked at my family finances and the effect Trumps policies will have
the numbers don't look good

maybe its cause I havent come across that 4 thousand dollars that Trump promised ????????LOL

IF and when Trump does something positive I'll give him credit
but so far ...............................................................

go ahead and list just how the country is doing better
list promises Trump has kept

here
I'll get you started
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:39pm
All I would suggest to the haters out there is this....    His term is up in two years.    You will not remove him from office before that.   You are delusional if you think otherwise.   Give his policies a chance.   Support him because he is the head of America and the free world.  When  you support him you support America.

If in a year and half candidate Trump reemerges.   And you have actually objectively weighed his presidency's effect on  your life and find it lacking... THEN and only THEN it is time for the vitriol.   Then it is time to remove him from office.  

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:29pm
Also Satori I am not a blind Trump or republican lover.   I know every policy is a mixed bag.   I don't like deficit spending by either democrats or republicans  however I do realize it is a VERY VERY difficult political problem to deal with.   When the right does wrong I will point it out.   However on this subject all I see is  irrational blind hate.   I am trying to be a rational middle road thinker.   If anyone else was president I think most here would share my views, but because many of you don't like Trumps personality, and have bought into the tremendous propaganda against him all I see is an orgy of irrational hate.  Some how Trump has a way of making people go crazy.   I guess now a days if you want to do the American thing and support the President  because he is mine and YOUR president and you want this country to succeed  YOU are the crazy person LOL.

To me saying we had a 75 billion dollar deficit doesn't really tell me much.   I want to know two things.... what is the over all trend?   Is the deficit as a percentage of GDP shrinking over time?   Is the money spend on economically productive projects?
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:26pm
just what about the economy is being strengthened ??????????????????????????????????????????
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 7:16pm
If you understand economics....  Yes inflation IS a sign of a strengthening economy.   It is impossible for prices to rise if people are not able to pay more.

Yes I am skeptical as our long  term economic outlook.    We have major structural issues that may lead to a dramatic collapse at some point....    but apparently it seems like Trump is kicking the can down the road just a bit.    I am being pleasantly surprised.    So far during Trump the economy has been MUCH better than I expected.   Even though I am still skeptical, because of the success he has already had,   we need to cut him some slack and give him some room to operate.    We might ALL be pleasantly surprised.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 3:15pm

US budget deficit totals $74.9 billion in June

REPUBLICAN President
REPUBLICAN Senate
REPUBLICAN House

enough said

if they grab credit for any of the "good" things that happen
then they HAVE to assume responsibility for the BAD
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 2:59pm
"the economy is turning around" ?????????????????????????????????????

Trump claims unemployment is less than 4%

how much "better" can it get ???? LOL

and SERIOUSLY ????

"an increase in inflation means the economy is turning around"  ????

do I REALLY need to explain that fallacy ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

life for the average AMuRIkAn is going to get a lot worse under Trumps bumbling

wages are still flat,have been for decades
pension plans which the middle class depend on are being GUTTED
Rethugs are now going after Social Security and Medicare
gas prices are up 70cents to a dollar a gallon under Trump,
the trade war is forcing the prices of consumer goods UP,for example washing machine prices up 16%
and it is just beginning

and dont get me started on that tax decrease
propagandist Sarah Huckabee Sanders said during a WH press conference,and I quote
"the average American family will get back $4000"
well apparently I am not in an "average" family cause we aren't getting back anywhere near that amoung
and I do not know of one single family that is

accounting for the INCREASE in gas prices
the INCREASE in the cost of consumer goods
and the INCREASE in inflation
the average person is going to get hit HARD
sit down and do the math for your family,I did and the nunbers DON'T LOOK GOOD

Trump is either DEEP STATE in populist clothing
or he is a bumbling,stumbling,incompetent
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 2:20pm
When you take out credit it is as if money was counterfeited and it just materialized.   There is instant inflation even if you don't feel it yet.    When a person or a company takes out credit they will then either pay it off or go bankrupt....both outcomes are very deflationary, so the net resut is close to zero.   This is one of the big reasons why  it is important that we allow failing business to fail.   Creating moral hazard is inflationary.

When Government takes out credit if they EVER pay it off it will be with more debt.   The money is seldom used for economically productive uses.   It is as if they just turn on the printing press and throw it at the people.    The only way government can be deflationary is if the government defaults... but that would be a very bad day and I wouldn't want to be around.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

Inflation jumps 2.9 percent in largest annual gain in 6 years

Okay a bit of perspective to go with that number.  I don't like inflation either but you do know... by historical norms that is a relatively low number.   Also the primary cause of our inflation is irresponsible government spending.   Every dollar they spend that they don't raise in taxes has a direct impact on inflation.    You can blame the last several administrations for this problem.

The fact that that this inflation is kicking in now... is actually a good sign.    It shows that the economy is turning around.   Generally speaking economic growth is the trigger for inflation while deficit spending is the cause.

Would you rather have nominal inflation but an even worse economy?

MTA: Funding personal consumption through credit also contributes to inflation but IMO government debt is a much bigger driver.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 12:07pm
more winning ???

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/12/1779953/-Trump-gulled-by-pharma-Pfizer-but-calls-it-a-win-anyway
As with every "deal" that Trump makes and touts with private industry, this is so much kabuki. He leans on a company publicly, they pretend to react, he tweets out "I WON" and then the next week the company announces that they're going to do what they were going to do before his interference, anyway. He ignores that part. Rinse and repeat.

FAILURE on EVERY level

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 10:15am
Trump's economic policies are starting to kick in

Inflation jumps 2.9 percent in largest annual gain in 6 years

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/inflation-jumps-29-percent-in-largest-annual-gain-in-6-years/ar-AAzYhUl?li=BBnbfcN

and gas is up by almost a buck a gallonDead

that alone is costing me almost $800 extra a year

add to all that the cost of everyday goods going up because of his trade war
and every middle class person will end up in the hole
thanks Trump
great job
but unfortunately the worst is yet to come
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2018 at 12:29pm

Trump's 'Spiritual Advisor' Says Jesus Wasn't 'An Illegal,' Okay?

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/07/trumps-spiritual-advisor-says-jesus-wasnt

yeah,this crooked piece of work is actually who Trump goes to for spiritual guidance
(he'd get better advice from a Ouija board LOL

she is on husband #3
and had an affair with TV "evangelist" Benny HinnDead

but ya know
Trump only picks "the best people" LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic