Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WORST President EVER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 3:33pm

Donald Trump's UK visit draws thousands of protesters and supporters in London

By Jack Hawke in London and wires

Posted 56 minutes ago

Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

< ="jw-icon jw-nextup- jw-" aria-label="Next Up " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 13px; font-family: jw-icons; color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0.6; : none; line-height: 1em; list-style: none; text-align: left; vertical-align: line; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; direction: ltr; font-stretch: inherit; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; -sizing: inherit; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; opacity: 0; : ; right: 5px; top: 6px; transition: color 0.15s ease, opacity 0.15s ease, visibility 0.15s ease; visibility: ;">
VIDEO: Tens of thousands line London's streets to protest Trump visit (ABC News)

Tens of thousands of people have filled the streets of London to protest Donald Trump's first visit to the UK.

An estimated 100,000 people marched through the British capital under sunny skies to make their voices heard.

Earlier on Friday, a balloon depicting Mr Trump as a snarling baby took flight for two hours in Parliament Square right next to Westminster.

Nearly $20,000 was raised via crowdfunding to get the six-metre-tall inflatable into the air in what kicked off a day of protest.

Other protests included a Women's March on London and one organised by the Stop Trump Coalition, with both forming to meet up in London's iconic Trafalgar Square.

Anti-Trump protester Elizabeth Sharma said she was marching because she was "fed up" with the way Mr Trump was trying to manipulate the world to fit his views.

< ="jw-icon jw-nextup- jw-" aria-label="Next Up " style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 13px; font-family: jw-icons; color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0.6; : none; line-height: 1em; list-style: none; text-align: left; vertical-align: line; border-width: initial; border-style: none; border-color: initial; direction: ltr; font-stretch: inherit; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba255, 255, 255, 0; -sizing: inherit; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; opacity: 0; : ; right: 5px; top: 6px; transition: color 0.15s ease, opacity 0.15s ease, visibility 0.15s ease; visibility: ;">
VIDEO: Trump baby blimp lifts off over London (ABC News)

"He thinks he is right on everything," she said.

"He has no understanding of the science of climate change, he is going to destroy the planet, he divides people.

"I mean, I could go on for hours."

Outside of London, similar protests were held across Britain in cities such as Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow.

VIDEO: UK opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn leads anti-Trump protest (ABC News)

Huge police numbers were on hand to manage the crowds in London, with only small flare-ups occurring when the demonstrators clashed with pro-Trump counter-protesters outside a pub on Whitehall.

Wearing Make America Great Again hats, the small group chanted "USA" and also voiced their support for English far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

One Trump supporter, who gave his name as Saul Goodman (the same name as a fictional lawyer in a TV series Breaking Bad), said he made the 350-kilometre trek down from Manchester solo to "welcome" Mr Trump.

"I have a lot of respect for the man, he's the kind of person America, and the West in general, needs these days," the 30-year-old said.

"He's standing up to the people that need to be stood up to, and he's putting his country first, as all leaders should be."

Michael, who did not want to provide his surname, happened across the march and was given a MAGA hat by an American friend.

"To say that he [Mr Trump] shouldn't visit other countries or that he's not welcome when he represents one of the biggest superpowers in the world seems crazy to me," he said.

The 32-year-old Londoner said he liked Mr Trump because of his policies.

"I think a country like America should attempt to be exceptional and build exceptional companies and establish global leadership," he said.

"It has the possibility to achieve a lot and I think our country has kind of lost its way — I don't even know what the point of this country is anymore."

Mr Trump is expected to face more protests in Scotland as he embarks on a two-day trip to his Tunberry golf course.

But supporters of Mr Trump will be out in force in London on Saturday, with a rally planned at the new US Embassy in London with speakers from UKIP, the Football Lads Alliance and For Britain.

Topics: activism-and-lobbyinggovernment-and-politicsworld-politicsforeign-affairsunited-kingdomunited-states

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 3:48pm

below  is a quote from Piers Morgan,

if its true ,then we "Chump bashers" are only doing what the Chump admires ,admire about Chump ,

so toughen up princesses.......

this is the world you wanted and got 

"President Donald Trump is the kind of guy who comes to your house for dinner and then half way through the meal says he hates your food.

Oh, and as he leaves, adds for good measure that he’s not very keen on your curtains either.

He wouldn’t see that as being rude so much as being brutally honest.

Plain, blunt speaking has been the hallmark of his bombastic, in-your-face behaviour throughout his 50-year career as a billionaire real estate tycoon.

I’ve known President Trump a long time and he’s always called things exactly how he sees them in the moment, regardless of any offence they may cause."

see what i mean.............Wink

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 4:14pm
One other thing,

I'm not a leftie or leftist.  I believe any form of political extremism is dangerous.

I voted Conservative (Right wing) in our last election.  I think the current Labour (Left wing) leader a well meaning but dangerous idiot.  Bush Senior and Ronald Regan (both Republican) were heroes of mine, McCain (Republican) still is. 

My loathing of Trump is driven by his bombastic, divisive, profoundly dangerous, unethical, callous and deceitful policies, not by my overall ideology.  I don't hate Republicans - just this one.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2018 at 5:21am
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/7/25/1783539/-Keep-China-Great-Hey-guess-where-Trump-is-making-his-2020-campaign-flags

SUCKERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
Trump=GREATEST flim flam scam artist in AMuriKAn historeeeeeee......................

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic