Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WORST President EVER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 3:46pm
The mirror of mine.  Dad was Orange, Mother Green.  Interesting times!Ouch
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 8:14pm

carbon20: One man's terrorist is another man's resistant fighter! The term wasn't used at the time but I'm sure the Brits would have used it during our rebellion if it had! Those terrorists at Lexington, Boston Harbor and Bunker Hill! Anyone who wants freedom from oppression today will be labelled a terrorist!    
Buy more ammo!
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2017 at 1:28am
This is a very sobering look back in time to the Nixon meltdown, with comparisons to the current situation. 

And it took “The Final Days” for us to learn what Haig had done in 1974 when he began worrying about Nixon’s “state of mind.” He sent a classified message to Secretary of Defense James Schlesinger that he was to ignore any orders coming from Nixon without Haig’s authorization. Schlesinger forwarded Haig’s message in ultra-top secret “Personal For” format to top American military commanders around the world that any orders from Nixon, including a nuclear strike on Russia or any other nation, were to be ignored.
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2017 at 7:43am
I firmly believe that those close to Trump, almost certainly including senior military officials such as Mattis, have already done something along the same lines. Career soldiers are not going to let a capricious real estate mogul walk all over strategies and policies decades in the making without a back up plan.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2017 at 8:31am
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2017 at 11:11am
America may be galloping toward authoritarian neo-fascism

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/15/1706226/-America-may-be-galloping-toward-authoritarian-neo-fascism

Nina Kruscheva, an international affairs professor at New York’s The New School and granddaughter of Soviet leader Nikita Khruschev, has drawn parallels between President Donald Trump and the USSR’s Joseph Stalin.

“Here, President Trump defined ‘fake news’ the way Joseph Stalin defined ‘enemies of the people’: if they offer a slightest objection to his rule they must be wrong,” Kruscheva told the Washington Examiner. “And they must be silenced.”

take if from someone who would know

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

Some fake news for your consideration...

http://reverepress.com/news/trumps-advisors-reveal-his-unraveling-behavior-recent-days/

Even many Republicans are worried about the president’s condition, fearing it may affect their tax reform agenda, especially after Trump lashed out at powerful Tennessee Senator Bob Corker. Corker himself even said that Trump was unstable and becoming a danger.

(Jesus Christ, the US is falling apart, we are on the brink of at least one war, and the GOP is worried about their stupid tax reform?? )
CRS, DrPH
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 3:52am
My friend dropped in this morning and told me he had found a video of Mike Pence molesting, or at least touching inappropriately, a child of about 8.   After much searching over the internet, the video turned out to be a montage, but several nasty things came to light during my search,

Mike Pence Doesn’t Really Want To Talk About The Accused Sexual Harassers Working For The Campaign.   source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pence-sexual-harassment_us_57cc454de4b0a22de09669cf

and

SHOCKING: Mike Pence Called Serial Child Molester Dennis Hastert “Man Of Integrity” After Allegations Surfaced

Source:https:///gotnews.com/shocking-mike-pence-called-serial-child-molester-dennis-hastert-man-integrity-allegations-surfaced/  which was quite old and I have no idea of the provenance of the site.  So, this may be nothing, or if it is, it is also old news.  

But, there were a profusion of similar articles all over the net.  I may have been wrong about him after all.  Perhaps he is not so much better than his boss.  Nothing is proven (as yet) and I could be completely wrong.  I hope I am.  Still, I thought I would mention it so you can all decide for yourselves.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2017 at 4:28am
Mike Pence is the kinda person who literally takes the CHRIST out of Christian
he talks a  good game
but his actions clearly prove he puts his politics above his so called faith
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2017 at 5:18pm
House Democrat fillets Sessions for his zero-tolerance policy on perjury before he perjured himself

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/14/1715576/-House-Democrat-fillets-Sessions-for-his-zero-tolerance-policy-on-perjury-before-he-perjured-himself

wow
this guy has lied so many times you lose count

Trump regime-most corrupt administration everrrrrrrr,,,,,?

no
not yet
but they sure are working on it LOL
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2017 at 9:52pm
JD said -
I firmly believe that those close to Trump, almost certainly including senior military officials such as Mattis, have already done something along the same lines. Career soldiers are not going to let a capricious real estate mogul walk all over strategies and policies decades in the making without a back up plan.

Journalist Ron Rosenbaum has pointed out that the operational plan for nuclear strike orders is entirely concerned with the identity of the commanding officer and the authenticity of the order, and there are no safeguards to verify that the person issuing the order is actually sane.[10] Notably, Major Harold Hering was discharged from the Air Force in late 1973 for asking the question "How can I know that an order I receive to launch my missiles came from a sane president?" under Richard Nixon.

https://en.w

ikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football
Buy more ammo!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 7:12am
Trump tweets about wrong mass killing!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/15/1715810/-Trump-tweets-about-wrong-mass-killing

copy and paste "thoughts and prayers"   ???
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 8:25am
It would be hilarious , if it were not so tragic.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 9:22pm
Trump Sinks to a New Low--Even For Him.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/15/1716055/-Trump-Sinks-to-a-New-Low-Even-For-Him

thanks Trump voters

good choice Angry
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 12:09am
Climate change denier,
Hurricane destruction abandoner
and now Extinction assistant.

To you who think Trump a Christian, I say:  "Revelations 11:18."   http://biblehub.com/revelation/11-18.htm

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 5:50am
Make sense now?

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 7:19am
dear God
what a sick %^$#*&

the entire Trump family  is  inherently dysfunctional on every level

they are a disease
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 7:41am
WOW !!!

Trump Organization worth one tenth of value previously reported

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-organization-worth-one-tenth-112800182.html

TOTAL failure as President

but at least he is good at LYING

hmmm

maybe not cause he just got caught AGAIN

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 8:22am

Billion-Dollar Landlords: Rental home giant once led by Trump ally is under fire from some tenants, critics

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/billion-dollar-landlords-tenants-rental-home-giant-slow-123705888--abc-news-topstories.html

your known by the company you keep

dirt bags stick together

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 9:10am
I can't decide if that picture is sad or hilarious! It's certainly worth a thousand words.
Buy more ammo!
Diligent View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diligent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 12:44pm
I was reading the newspaper a few days ago, when three UCLA basketball players were arrested in China for shoplifting.

Trump was there in China, and asked President Xi if he could help out with these three players, subsequently the three UCLA players were let off the shoplifting charges. Very lucky for them.

Do I like President Trump? I don't know. I don't believe it matters much who is in office in the grand scheme of things.

But in those three players lives, Trump saved their futures concretely.

Sincerely,

Diligent
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 1:19pm
so it was OK for them the STEAL !!!!!!

Chumps son should have HIS tackle cut off ,

mind you might have trouble finding it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone who kills for SPORT is SICK IN THE HEAD...................

Food ok sport NEVER........................
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 2:56pm
Mmmmm now chump "owes"a favour!!!!!!
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 4:58pm

Don’t look now, but the Republican tax bill will cut $25 billion from Medicare next year

As both candidate and president, Donald Trump promised not to cut either Medicaid or Medicare, the government health-insurance programs for the poor and the elderly. The Republican party’s tax reform proposal, however, looks set to break that promise.

Trump is the pathological LIAR that makes other pathological liars look bad

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 7:41pm
Trump judicial nominee doesn't 'believe the hype' about pay equity or sexual harassment

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/15/1715848/-Trump-judicial-nominee-doesn-t-believe-the-hype-about-pay-equity-or-sexual-harassment

I wonder if Trump supporters are finally realizing the horror they have unleashed ???
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Satori Satori wrote:

I wonder if Trump supporters are finally realizing the horror they have unleashed ???

Not likely, from what I'm reading and hearing from friends who voted for him!! 
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 9:04pm
Trump Turns Miners' Lives into a Game of Russian Roulette
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/16/1716179/-Trump-Turns-Miners-Lives-into-a-Game-of-Russian-Roulette

how very sad
the people who supported Trump the most
WILL SUFFER THE MOST
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2017 at 9:24pm
Overnight News Digest: House raises taxes on households making less than $75,000 a year

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/16/1716378/-Overnight-News-Digest-House-raises-taxes-on-households-making-less-than-75-000-a-year

make less than 75K a year?
SORRY
cough it up $$$$

feel BETRAYED yet ???
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 10:22am

Republicans Tax Plan Gives Tax Break To Private Jet Owners

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/11/republicans-tax-plan-gives-tax-break

boy

I was sweating bullets

just bought a new corporate jet to take me back and forth to my private estate in Jamaica and to make pizza runs to the Windy City

sure glad that the Donald is looking out for the middle classLOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 12:15pm
Taxpayer money is going toward defending Trump's businesses from lawsuits

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/17/1716230/-Taxpayer-money-is-going-toward-defending-Trump-s-businesses-from-lawsuits
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 2:16pm

Average Salary Information for US Workers

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for workers in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2016 was $849 per week or $44,148 per year for a 40-hour work week.

Wages were 2.9 percent higher than at the same date for the previous year, a gain of 1.8 percent.  However, salaries can vary significantly based on both on occupation and location. For example, people working in professional, management and related occupations earned an average of $63,076 annually, while those working in service occupations only earned an average of $28, 080 annually. Jobs in large metropolitan cities which have a higher cost of living tend to pay more than jobs in more rural areas.
Average Salaries for US Men and Women
The BLS reports that for the fourth quarter of 2016, men earned a median average of $927 per week while women earned only $758 or 81.8 percent of what males earned. 
Average Salary Based on Education
Workers age 25 and over without a high school degree had median weekly earnings of $519 at the end of 2016 compared with $698 for high school graduates. College graduates with at least a bachelor's degree earned $1,270 per week.
College graduates with advanced degrees earned a median average of $1476 each week.

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 2:19pm

Full Time Salaries | New South Wales | Victoria | Western Australia | Queensland | South Australia

Wage Facts

Full-time earnings in Australia averaged A$78,832 a year in the second quarter of 2016. (Seasonally adjusted wages – Bureau of Statistics.)

If overtime and bonuses are included, average Australian earnings were A$81,947 per annum.

The average full-time male salary (excluding overtime) in Australia is A$83,902 per annum

The average full-time female salary in Australia (excluding overtime) is A$70,392 per annum.

Workers in Capital Territory are Australia’s highest paid workers while Tasmania has the lowest average salary.

Average Full Time Ordinary Time Earnings Q2 2016

StateAverage Annual Wage
Tasmania$69,477
South Australia$73,757
Victoria$75,634
Queensland$75,936
New South Wales$80,132
Northern Territory$81,624
Western Australia$88,327
Capital Territory$89,846

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 3:27pm

Trump Administration Member Vented About the President’s Intellect at a Private Dinner

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/11/20/trump-administration-member-vented-presidents-intellect-private-dinner/

Over a July dinner with Oracle CEO Safra Catz — who has been mentioned as a candidate for several potential administration jobs — McMaster bluntly trashed his boss, said the sources, four of whom told BuzzFeed News they heard about the exchange directly from Catz. The top national security official dismissed the president variously as an “idiot” and a “dope” with the intelligence of a “kindergartner,” the sources said.

an IDIOT and a DOPE

high information voters figured that out BEFORE the electionLOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 4:12pm

House Republicans have a little-known plan to raise taxes on teachers by $2 billion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/house-republicans-have-a-little-known-plan-to-raise-taxes-on-teachers-by-dollar2-billion/ar-BBFtK0i?li=BBnb7Kz

oh for crying out loud

quit whining teach

after all the Rethugs have included new deductions for your private jets

some people just aren't happy with anything .....

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 6:40pm
Times Square lights up with Trump’s face and a message to the world: IMPEACH!

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/22/1717962/-Time-Square-lights-up-with-Trump-s-face-with-message-IMPEACH-for-millions-around-the-world-to-see

sign the petition
send Trump packing before he completely destroys the nation
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 2:57am
Well, I signed it.   Here folks, have a go:   https://www.needtoimpeach.com  get your country back.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 8:04pm
what Trump said

Trump: I won't have time to play golf when I'm president

what Trump actually does

Trump has likely played more than three times as much golf as President Obama did at this point

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/27/1718816/-Trump-has-likely-played-more-than-three-times-as-much-golf-as-President-Obama-did-at-this-point

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Well, I signed it.   Here folks, have a go:   https://www.needtoimpeach.com  get your country back.

I did as well, a few weeks ago.  Well done, Techno! 

CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 11:32pm
man of the people ???  LOL

President Trump Hired Undocumented Immigrants for $4 An Hour for Demolition Project: Court Docs

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-undocumented-immigrants-tower-demolish-724845

hmm

and now Trump is all anti-immigrant ???

Trump has cheated working people his ENTIRE life

and he's gonna MAGA ???LOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2017 at 2:07pm
Trump comes to Missouri to convince people that tax plan is for the poor—and their massive estates
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/29/1719599/-Trump-comes-to-Missouri-to-convince-people-that-tax-plan-is-for-the-poor-and-their-massive-estates

""The rich people actually don't like me. People who like me best are the workers. Those are the people I grew up with. Those are the people I worked on construction sites with."

ummm
the ones you ripped off by paying $4 an hour to?
those workers??

excuse me
I   need to go throw up nowDead

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 7:41am

Comment: A President who ‘creates his own reality’ scares the hell out of me!

Analysis: Trump ‘creates his own reality’

By Josh Dawsey, Ashley Parker and Philip Rucker | Washington Post

President Donald Trump has expressed certainty that the special-counsel probe into his campaign’s possible collusion with Russia will be finished by the end of the year, complete with an exoneration from Robert Mueller, according to several friends who have spoken with him in recent days.

Trump has dismissed his historically low approval ratings as “fake” and boasted about what he calls the unprecedented achievements of his presidency, even while chatting behind the scenes, saying no president since Harry Truman has accomplished as much at this point.

Trump also has occasionally questioned whether the “Access Hollywood” video of him crowing about assaulting women was doctored or inauthentic, asking confidants whether they think the sexual braggart on tape sounds like him, according to two people who have heard him make the comments.

In all these instances, as well as other setbacks, Trump has sought to paint the rosiest possible picture of his presidency and his character – and has tried to will others to see it his way, like the big-promises salesman he once was.

Sometimes, as with his comments about the “Access Hollywood” tape, which were first reported by the New York Times, Trump simply rejects facts – and his own past admissions – as he spins a new narrative. His critics accuse him of creating an alternative reality, though people close to the president say he is simply a savvy marketer protecting his brand, as any businessman or politician would.

This practice, however, could prove problematic for a president of the United States whose careless tweets or misleading statements can send the globe reeling.

“He creates his own reality and lives in his own reality and tries to bend reality around himself and his own deep narcissistic needs,” said Peter Wehner, a veteran of three Republican administrations and a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. “But, of course, in the end reality wins out, and trying to disfigure it or reinterpret it doesn’t work.”

The first year of Trump’s presidency has brought tumult and chaos, including the expanding Russia probe, an absence of major legislative achievements and instances of self-sabotage by the president himself. But in recent days, Trump has been in an unusually upbeat mood, according to friends who visited with him.

Trump’s lifelong tendency to project supreme confidence has served him well, especially in the worlds of real estate and celebrity, where braggadocio and self-assurance are valuable commodities. And in some cases it has left him vindicated, particularly in a presidential bid the establishment mocked as destined for defeat.

“Trump is a survivor. It’s one of his great skills,” said Tim O’Brien, author of the biography “TrumpNation” and executive editor of Bloomberg View. “When you look back on all the adversity he’s overcome – he’s survived three marriages, a brush with personal bankruptcy, he’s overseen several corporate bankruptcies, he’s been through withering press coverage . . . I think he tells fables to himself, about himself, to create the narrative he wants to see.”

Trump has taken special comfort in the reassurances of White House lawyer Ty Cobb, who has offered Trump an optimistic view of the Russia probe, saying that he expects Mueller’s investigation to wrap up by the end of the year and that the White House has little to fear, said two White House officials with knowledge of the conversations.

After Mueller’s indictment of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, Trump had a number of conversations with his attorneys and asked other advisers whether he was being served well, according to one of the White House officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Cobb – who initially said he hoped the probe would have concluded by Thanksgiving – has told Trump and other White House officials that Mueller’s investigators will have completed all of their interviews within two weeks and that the special counsel’s office is no longer requesting new documents, the White House official said. Then, Trump’s legal team has suggested, Mueller’s office could write a report clearing the White House.

Hanging out at Mar-a-Lago and at his South Florida golf clubs, Trump told friends, “This investigation’s going to be over with pretty soon,” adding that his attorneys, whom he praised as “brilliant,” had assured him of it, according to two people familiar with the conversations.

Cobb declined to detail his counsel to Trump. “At this stage on the investigation, I don’t want to interfere in the process of the special counsel or talk about any specific discussions that I’m having with the president,” Cobb said in an interview.

Barry Bennett, a former Trump campaign adviser, said: “There are plenty of us who believe the Mueller probe is a lot closer to an end than people think. . . . We’ve got a case where some people did some stupid things, and none of them involved anything as sinister as what the president’s been accused of.”

Some Trump aides and confidants worry about the president’s optimistic assessment of the situation, which he has repeated in conversations in recent weeks, waxing enthusiastically about how he’s eager to be out from under the Russia cloud by 2018.

One outside adviser to Trump warned that the president would “blow a gasket” if there was no statement of exoneration by year’s end.

Even when presented with irrefutable evidence, Trump finds a way to question unflattering facts.

Trump has occasionally told senior advisers that the “Access Hollywood” tape could be fabricated or may not be real, according to two people who have heard him make the comments. At various moments – including during huddles with his aides at Trump Tower after he won the election and before taking office – Trump has sought to distance himself from the tape.

Trump has asked others whether they think the voice sounds like him, suggesting that it does not, and has wondered aloud whether perhaps the tape was doctored or edited in an unfair way to villainize him.

“He would just assert it, and people would kind of say, ‘OK, let’s move along,’ ” said one person who had heard the comments. “There’s no point in sitting there and litigating it with him.”

A second person who has discussed the tape with Trump recalled, “He says: ‘It’s really not me. I don’t talk like that.’ ”

After the tape was divulged by The Washington Post in October 2016, Trump acknowledged its authenticity and apologized for his crude comments. Asked Monday about reports of the president’s private remarks, in which he seemed to cast doubt on the tape, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the president addressed the “Access Hollywood” scandal during the campaign and won.

“This was litigated and certainly answered during the election by the overwhelming support for the president and the fact that he’s sitting here in the Oval Office today,” Sanders said Monday. “I think if anything that the president questions the media’s reporting.”

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said Trump’s shifting stories about the “Access Hollywood” incident create whiplash.

“You can’t one minute have an ‘Access Hollywood’ tape and apologize for it and then suddenly send smoke signals that it’s not you,” Brinkley said. “He just makes up his own goal posts and moves them around at will.”

On the campaign trail, aides would often give Trump poll numbers showing him losing to or tied with Hillary Clinton, but when he took the stage at rallies he would pepper his speeches with claims of polls showing him winning.

As president, amid tumult such as the repeated failures to pass a health-care bill, Trump will call advisers and friends to boast about his successes and all but ignore setbacks.

On Tuesday, Trump declared on Twitter that no deal could be reached with congressional Democrats, leading Democratic leaders to pull out of a bipartisan meeting at the White House. Even as a government shutdown appeared more likely, Trump put his own spin on the day’s events, which also included a trip to Capitol to push the GOP tax bill with Republican senators.

“We had a good day today,” Trump told reporters. “We had a phenomenal meeting with the Republican senators. It was very special, that meeting.”

The meeting was, the president insisted, “somewhat of a lovefest.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/29/analysis-trump-creates-his-own-reality/
Buy more ammo!
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 1:10pm
Chump lives in LaLa land along with his Lame supporters,

be interesting to to see Chump in Britain!!!....

if they let the Facist in..............

it is so sad,

he really is a douchbag...............

not a good look for the USA

im very  sorry to say............

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 7:18pm
how so very sad for  Trump

Donald Trump Draws Pathetically Small Audience At The National Christmas Tree Lighting

https://crooksandliars.com/2017/11/donald-trump-has-pathetically-small

small hands

smaller crowdsLOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 8:00pm

White House wanted to publicly shame Tillerson, source says

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/c53b6016-e552-30b9-9921-e47eebcf3c44/ss_white-house-wanted-to.html

can you imagine working for someone as defective as Trump???

he's quite the backstabbing #$^%%$#@

tosses people away like used kleenex

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 8:11pm

The Senate’s tax bill is a sweeping change to every part of federal health care

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/11/29/16712430/senate-tax-bill-change-federal-health-care....please

I certainly hope Trump supporters are happy

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ???

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic