Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Donald Trump and Russia conspiracy theory

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donald Trump and Russia conspiracy theory
    Posted: September 08 2018 at 9:54pm
funny how chump hasn't said a word about the poisoning in the UK.....i stand to be corrected,but I haven't seen anything
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 2:10am
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 4:00pm
Mike Pence,won't ever go to dinner without his wife as chaperone,so why is it OK for the president to have secret talks with the Arch enemy,surely this is a huge mistake,

Power  corrupts,absolute power corrupts absolutely.........

IE ,you wipe my debts I give you the launch codes.......

For goodness sake WAKE UP......

Madness......

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

Not ok for Germany to import Russian gas,

not ok for Hillary to sell Uranium to Russia ,(which was actually a russian company operating a mine no uranium ever went to russia ) 

but OK for Russia to influence an American Election ,for their own gain ..........

this is what i dont get ,

the double standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Germany and West Europe have been buying Russian gas since at least the Reagan years....I remember the controversy back then and had the same concerns, i.e the Soviets might turn the tap etc.  

The Hillary connection with uranium mining was investigated to death, as were other "scandals" ie. Benghazi, emails etc.  They show she is sneaky, calculating, secretive to a fault, but hasn't broken any laws.  

Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate, but I didn't  believe she was under Russia's spell (I bought into that argument long before the election, ie. Trump under Putin's thumb).  

The only good news about Trump being elected is that he flushed the Clinton family out of US politics, hopefully forever.
CRS, DrPH
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Why is no one investigating Hillary for selling our uranium to Russia and her foundation getting millions. Oh, let's forget about that! She sold the United Sates down the road for her financial gain but none of you care about that!

So give me a break!   

They already investigated the heck out of Hillary and the uranium deal, FluMom, and nothing untoward was discovered.  

Sorry, but that is the truth from the investigation. 
CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by DeepThinker DeepThinker wrote:

Don't you guys find it awfully suspicious,  that this happens the day after certain people investigating him in the FBI looked really bad in front of congress and the day before meeting Putin?   Yea nobody has an agenda there. <sigh>

Not really. Mueller is just applying pressure. Given that Trump has yet to agree to sit down with the special counsel, I don't think there's much else that he can do. 

If there's nothing to see, why worry?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 7:24pm
Not ok for Germany to import Russian gas,

not ok for Hillary to sell Uranium to Russia ,(which was actually a russian company operating a mine no uranium ever went to russia ) 

but OK for Russia to influence an American Election ,for their own gain ..........

this is what i dont get ,

the double standards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 4:58pm
A true diplomat might cancel his visit in protest.  But Trump is no diplomat.  Even when I agree with him, I am usually wincing because there are some things you can't say - even if true. (Rocket man, Brexit woes, sexual boasting)

As regards Obama, I am only surprised Trump has not blamed him for world hunger, Russian nuclear stockpiles, climate change and all the hurricanes.  His hatred for his predecessor is not only unseemly and unfair, it is also glaringly obvious.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:48pm

Testing the faith of Trump's supporters at the heart of the US-China trade war

By North America correspondent Stephanie March

Updated about an hour ago

Donald Trump's trade war is on track to cost Iowa's farmers millions of dollars, but many are still backing him — for now.

When the US slapped $34 billion worth of tariffs on goods from China a week ago, Beijing immediately retaliated with 25 per cent tariffs targeting US agriculture.

It's no coincidence that China's tariffs hit America's rural farming communities — they are the ones who voted Donald Trump into the White House.

"We're concerned," fifth-generation Iowa farmer Rick Kimberley told the ABC.

The Kimberley corn and soybean farm in Maxwell in central Iowa sprawls 4,000 acres (1,618 hectares).

One third of his soybean crop is destined for export. The soybean price had already been falling when China imposed its 25 per cent import tax — this week it hit a 10-year low.

"In short, it is going to impact my income and it's going to impact every farmer's income," Mr Kimberley said.

Mr Kimberley voted for Donald Trump. While he does not always like the way the President goes about governing, when it comes to the trade imbalance with China he believes something must be done.

"I'd say we're a very loyal and patriotic people out here in the Midwest and so yes I think we want to see this resolved but I think there are issues that need to be addressed and taken care of so that's what he's doing," Mr Kimberley says.

The Kimberleys have a unique connection with China — now President, Xi Jinping, visited the Kimberley farm in 2012. A photo of Mr Kimberley showing Mr Xi how to drive a John Deere tractor made the front pages of newspapers in both nations.

A working model of the Kimberley's farm is being built in Luanping County in the hope of transforming farming in the Asian nation.

Mr Kimberley knows as well as any politician what is at stake — for both sides.

"If this is long-term tariffs, it could be significant. We're hoping that cooler heads will work together and trade tariffs are not good for anyone — not the United States, not the farmers — but also not China and Chinese people," he says.

"It's going to cost them more to purchase soybeans and so their food costs are going to go higher."

Last week Donald Trump's Treasury Secretary, Steven Mnuchin, said trade talks with China had "broken down", which is not a good sign for Iowan farmers gearing up for a September harvest.

If the tariffs are still in place then, and prices are still low, it could be a big problem.

"I think it could affect some of my smaller growers," says Dave Young, who owns a grain elevator in Aurora and deals with corn and soybean farmers from across the region.

"They might be forced to sell off — you know it's kind of a really competitive market."

Mr Young did not vote for Mr Trump — but he believes something has to be done to sort out America's trade deficit with China.

"Something needs to change, you know? You'd hope it doesn't affect you, but I think it's going to affect everyone actually."

It is not just grain farmers who have been hit — Iowa is America's biggest pork producer.

In the last month, pig farmers have been hit with a 20 per cent tariff from Mexico and a 25 per cent tariff from China.

In Winthrop, just north of Cedar Rapids, Aaron and Trish Cook market about 30,000 pigs per year — one in four is exported. Their break-even price per head is $US140. The fourth-quarter price is now $US110.

Mr Cook says since the trade war began the price per head dropped by $US20 ($26.94).

"The tariffs have definitely scared the markets and the traders," Mr Cook told the ABC.

"Hopefully they're overreacting, but it's definitely pretty scary for this fall."

Time is of the essence for Donald Trump to resolve this trade dispute — farmers will start to feel the pinch in September or October, and in November voters will head to the polls for the mid-term elections.
A Trump supporter, Mr Cook is backing the President's trade tactics, but there may come a time when his faith is tested.

"I think President Trump could really come out of this looking like a hero or it could be something that really dogs him in the future too," Mr Cook says.

"If all this was for nothing, it could be something that he has to deal with in a couple years when he goes for re-election."

Topics: donald-trumpworld-politicsruralgovernment-and-politicstradeunited-stateschinaasia

Marcus Aurelius
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:35pm
Why is no one investigating Hillary for selling our uranium to Russia and her foundation getting millions. Oh, let's forget about that! She sold the United Sates down the road for her financial gain but none of you care about that!

So give me a break!   
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:29pm

Trump criticises Obama over US 2016 election hack

Russias President Vladimir Putin talks to US President Donald Trump during their bilateral meeting at the G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany, July 7, 2017Image copyrightREUTERSImage captionThe leaders will reportedly discuss US-Russia relations and national security issues on Monday

US President Donald Trump has criticised the administration of his predecessor Barack Obama over alleged Russian hacking to help him win the 2016 presidential election.

"Why didn't they do something about it?" he tweeted, adding that Mr Obama had been told about it before the vote.

It follows pressure on Mr Trump to cancel Monday's talks with Russia's Vladimir Putin following the indictment of 12 Russians on Friday.

Russia denies allegations of hacking.

Mr Trump is due to meet Mr Putin in the Finnish capital Helsinki.

Skip Twitter post by @realDonaldTrump

The stories you heard about the 12 Russians yesterday took place during the Obama Administration, not the Trump Administration. Why didn’t they do something about it, especially when it was reported that President Obama was informed by the FBI in September, before the Election?

End of Twitter post by @realDonaldTrump

Russia said it was looking forward to the meeting.

"We consider Trump a negotiating partner," said Kremlin adviser Yuri Ushakov. "The state of bilateral relations is very bad. We have to start to set them right."

However the hacking allegations have sparked a heated war of words between Washington and Moscow.

US Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein insisted that "the goal of the conspirators was to have an impact on the election".

But Russia's foreign ministry said the claims were a "heap of conspiracy schemes" intended to "damage the atmosphere" before Monday's summit.

It said there was no evidence linking any of the dozen officials to hacking or military intelligence.

What are the allegations?

The 11-count indictment names the Russians defendants, alleging they began cyber-attacks in March 2016 on the email accounts of staff for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

They are accused of using keystroke reading software to spy on the chair of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and hack into the party's computers.

Mr Rosenstein said the conspirators used fictitious online personas, including "DCLeaks" and "Guccifer 2.0", to release thousands of stolen emails.

They are also accused of stealing the data of half a million voters from a state election board website.

What pressure is there to cancel the talks?

During a joint news conference with UK Prime Minister Theresa May on Friday, Mr Trump said he would "absolutely" ask the Russian president about alleged election meddling.

But top Democrats have urged him to cancel the planned summit altogether following the indictment.

"President Trump should absolutely cancel this meeting with Putin on Monday," said DNC chairman Tom Perez. "He is not a friend of the United States."

"President Trump should cancel his meeting with Vladimir Putin until Russia takes demonstrable and transparent steps to prove that they won't interfere in future elections," said Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer.

On the Republican side, Senator John McCain said the summit "should not move forward" unless the president "is prepared to hold Putin accountable".

Media captionPutin laughs at political chaos in US

What's the big picture?

Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating US intelligence findings that Russians conspired to sway the 2016 election in Mr Trump's favour.

As of Friday, the inquiry has indicted 32 people - mostly Russian nationals in absentia - as well as three companies and four former Trump advisers.

None of the charges allege Trump advisers colluded with Russia to interfere with the presidential campaign.

Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos, a former foreign policy adviser, have pleaded guilty to making false statements about their contacts with Russians.

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates were charged with money laundering relating to their political consultancy work in Ukraine.

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:25pm

Four intriguing lines in Mueller indictment

Rod Rosenstein unveils the latest round of indictments from the special counsel office.Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES

Call it the Friday the 13th surprise.

In painstaking detail, Robert Mueller's special counsel team laid out what it alleges was a concerted effort by the Russian military to hack the Democratic National Committee and senior-level Clinton campaign officials and disseminate private documents in order to disrupt and influence the 2016 US presidential election.

The Russians also attempted to infiltrate local election systems and software, although Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein says that there is no evidence that they "altered the vote count or changed any election result".

The Trump White House has picked up on this line, issuing a statement reiterating that there have been no allegations of "knowing involvement by anyone on the campaign" or that the hacking "affected the election result".

That isn't what Mr Rosenstein and the special counsel's court filings concluded, however. The deputy attorney general said it was "not our responsibility" to assess to what extent Russian involvement influenced the 2016 election.

In fact, it is hard to deny that the hacks had a clear impact on US politics in 2016 - and exacted a heavy toll on Democrats and the Clinton campaign in particular.

As a result of the hacks, the head of the Democratic National Committee was forced from office on the eve of the party's national convention - a convention whose first few days were marred by protests from Bernie Sanders supporters angry about the contents of some of those Democratic National Committee emails.

John Podesta, the chair of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, had his personal correspondence exposed, including internal debates over political strategy, outlines of Mrs Clinton's greatest weaknesses and transcripts of her private speeches - excerpts of which were cited by Donald Trump in presidential debates and on the campaign stump.

Indeed, Mr Trump celebrated and amplified the revelations in the hacks, which were disseminated through DCLeaks and Guccifer 2.0 - both identified as fronts for Russian military intelligence - as well as Wikileaks, which is alluded to but not named in the Mueller indictment.

The hacks may not have changed the results of the 2016 election, but the effects were very real. It was as though a team's entire playbook was revealed just days before the Super Bowl. While the rules of football weren't changed and the scoreboard wasn't surreptitiously altered, that doesn't mean the outcome of the contest wasn't affected.

That, then, is the big picture revelation from Mr Mueller's most recent indictment - which comes in addition to the already announced indictments and plea agreements from 20 individuals and three Russian companies. The 29-page court filing contains a variety of other details and revelations that add to the growing picture of alleged Russian election meddling which the Mueller team is outlining.

'Russia, if you're listening…"

At a Florida press event on 27 July 2016, candidate Trump issued a now famous request.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," he said. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The line shocked many at the time and has been cited repeatedly since then as evidence that Mr Trump was actively encouraging Russian attempts to acquire and disseminate emails from Mrs Clinton and her team.

Skip Twitter post by @BraddJaffy

VIDEO: Trump: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing..." https://t.co/NEGclzLXtP

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) July 27, 2016

End of Twitter post by @BraddJaffy

The 27 July date makes an appearance in Mr Mueller's most recent indictment document, as well.

"On or about July 27, 2016, the Conspirators attempted after hours to spearphish for the first time email accounts at a domain hosted by a third-party provider and used by Clinton's personal office," the court filing reads. "At or around the same time, they also targeted seventy-six email addresses at the domain for the Clinton campaign."

While this isn't the first time Russians allegedly targeted the Clinton team, after Mr Trump's remarks the hackers escalated their efforts.

"It seems clear that the indictment is trying to make the connection with language like 'after hours' and 'first time'," tweeted conservative commentator - and Trump critic - Ben Shapiro. "But even Trump publicly saying he wants the Russians to do something and them doing it isn't collusion in any real sense."

It is, however, an uncanny coincidence.

A political 'war map'

The indictment sheet also documents a number of interactions between Americans and Russian military operatives, although it stresses that there are no allegations that those Americans knew the true identity behind the internet aliases with whom they were corresponding.

A Florida blogger and state lobbyist - possibly Aaron Nevins - exchanged messages with Guccifer 2.0 and acquired a trove of documents Democrats had compiled outlining the weaknesses of the party's candidates running for congressional office in Florida.

Mr Nevins told the Wall Street Journal that he had told Guccifer 2.0 in an email: "Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed."

Guccifer 2.0 also sent documents to a reporter "pertaining to the Black Lives Matter" movement.

In another paragraph, Mr Mueller's team notes that a congressional candidate directly asked Guccifer 2.0 for stolen documents about his opponent - a request that the hacker accommodated.

A long-time Trump man in the spotlight - but not the charge sheet

The Mueller indictment mentions that Guccifer 2.0 had direct communications with a person "who was in regular contact with senior members of the presidential campaign of Donald J Trump".

It goes on to quote emails that match communications that Roger Stone, a Trump friend and acquaintance for decades, said he had with Guccifer 2.0 in August 2016.

Roger Stone talks to the press after testifying before Congress.Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES

In those communications, Guccifer 2.0 asks Mr Stone to analyse some of his documents and offers to help the man who served as a Trump campaign aide early in his presidential bid.

"It would be a great pleasure to me," the hacker wrote.

In May Mr Stone told a television interviewer that he was "prepared" to be indicted by the special counsel.

"It is not inconceivable now that Mr Mueller and his team may seek to conjure up some extraneous crime pertaining to my business, or maybe not even pertaining to the 2016 election," he said. "I would chalk this up to an effort to silence me."

Mr Stone has denied that he had any knowing contact with Russian agents. That's an assertion that the Mueller team appears to have accepted - at least for now.

A conspiracy theory put to rest?

Back in May former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich suggested that the real source of the DNC hacks was Seth Rich - a former Democratic operative who was murdered in Washington, DC, in July 2016.

"It turns out it wasn't the Russians, it was this young guy who, I suspect, was disgusted by the corruption of the Democratic National Committee," Mr Gingrich said. "He's been killed, and apparently nothing serious has been done to investigate his murder."

It was a theory championed, as well, by conservative commentator and presidential confidante Sean Hannity - even though Washington, DC, police have concluded that the death was the result of a botched robbery.

Mr Trump himself has alluded to the conspiracy theories, frequently tweeting and wondering aloud why the Democratic National Committee did not allow federal investigators to conduct a forensic examination of the hacked email server.

Skip Twitter post by @realDonaldTrump

Russia continues to say they had nothing to do with Meddling in our Election! Where is the DNC Server, and why didn’t Shady James Comey and the now disgraced FBI agents take and closely examine it? Why isn’t Hillary/Russia being looked at? So many questions, so much corruption!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 28, 2018

End of Twitter post by @realDonaldTrump

Just over two weeks after his most recent tweet, the special counsel's office has pointed the finger of responsibility for the DNC hacks directly at the Russian military.

Given that Mr Trump was informed about the indictments earlier this week, but still referred to the Mueller investigation as a "witch hunt" in remarks on Friday, he probably will not tone down his criticisms of the probe or suggestions of Russian innocence - but perhaps he will no longer cite the DNC server hacks quite so frequently.

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 3:12pm
two words

Novichok poisoning

some on here are trying to make out the Russians are the good guys,

dont think they are some how..............

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 2:22pm
Chinese proverb:  "It is better to light a candle than complain about the darkness."
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 2:20pm
Yes suspicious!  Then again, Comey (a Republican) launched a far less believable anti-Hilary investigation's findings just before the election.  That was even more so.

So, is the system totally corrupt or fine?  It does not work one way only.

The truth will out - eventually.  It always does.  What worries me is, with Trump's media control games, will it come out anytime during his presidency, and if it does how few of his supporters will believe it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to the DNC rebuttal?  I can think of several explanations.

1, Something else to hide
2, Lack of belief in the fairness of the whole system
3, Belief that whatever emerges, Trump will find a way to either spin or hide it.

I have no way of knowing the reason, legitimate or otherwise.  It could be something I have not even thought of, or even something else of national security status also stored there (Hilary's staff were a bit lax on such things after all).  Given my previous question, I guess it to be no. 2, but I am just guessing.

Whatever the reason, supoena them!  the same mantra I applied to Trump applies to them as well: "Dirty deeds are done in the dark!"  So turn the bloody light on!
DeepThinker View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 1:53pm
If you doubt me how do you explain:

FBI: DNC rebuffed request to examine computer servers

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/fbi-russia-hacking-dnc-crowdstrike/index.html

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 1:27pm
Don't you guys find it awfully suspicious,  that this happens the day after certain people investigating him in the FBI looked really bad in front of congress and the day before meeting Putin?   Yea nobody has an agenda there. <sigh>

These indictments are JOKES!    You can not hold a Russian national functioning in Russia accountable to US laws.  Dues Mueller think he has international jurisdiction? 

I still think the best evidence suggests that the DNC hack wasn't a hack at all.    It was an inside job by a courageous whistleblower.   We even  have people who have "confessed".     That being said I will actually listen to what Muller has to say if he has anything.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 12:48pm
BUSY BUSY BUSY news day

12 Russians accused of hacking Democrats in 2016 US election

WASHINGTON (AP) — Twelve Russian military intelligence officers hacked into the Clinton presidential campaign and Democratic Party, releasing tens of thousands of stolen communications, in a sweeping effort by a foreign government to meddle in the 2016 U.S. election, according to a grand jury indictment announced days before President Donald Trump's summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The indictment stands as the clearest Justice Department allegation yet of Russian efforts to interfere, through illegal hacking, in the U.S. presidential election before Americans went to the polls — and the first to implicate the Russian government directly. It had been sought by special counsel Robert Mueller.

but but but...

according to Trump

there was no interference on the part of the Russians

Republican/Russian/election stories coming out today

TOO numerous for me to mention

no wonder the Republicans and Trump have so viciously smeared Mueller and did everything they could to shut him down

if I was GUILTY,I would be doing exactly the same thing

and in other news

Wilbur Ross,Trumps handpicked Sec of Commerce

now being implicated in "ethical lapses" and insider trading,which has involved filing FALSE  paperwork with the FEDS

Roger Stone,sleazeball adviser to Trump also being implicated with the Russians directly

like I said

way too many stories of corruption on the part of Trump to even begin to list

“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 5:35pm

Trump-Russia probe expands further as Robert Mueller retains more prosecutors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-russia-probe-expands-further-123500649.html

the Mueller probe is NOWHERE near endingLOL

too many crimes
not enough prosecutors
Mueller gonna fix dat LOL
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2018 at 10:05am

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/19/1773248/-Trump-was-sustained-through-2008-real-estate-crash-by-all-cash-transactions-from-Russian-oligarchs

McClatchy documents a flurry of all-cash sales that Donald Trump made directly to oligarchs, mobsters, and Putin-allies in Russian and former Soviet states while the real estate market was in freefall. That includes deals for people who were heavily involved in the Russian-invaded territory of Crimea. These cash-up-front transactions aren’t a sideline for Trump. They are the core of his business.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 4:24pm
"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 2:35pm
i wonder if thats to keep him out of "Reach"........................

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 9:04am

Judge jails ex-Trump campaign chair Manafort ahead of trial

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-jails-ex-trump-campaign-chair-manafort-ahead-155410775--politics.html

uh oh

hope Manafort likes flip flops and looks good in an orange jump suit
and then there is that whole cavity search thingy LOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 1:28pm
bwa ha ha !!!

Mueller Is Coming For Paul Manafort With 75 Subpoenas

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/06/mueller-coming-paul-manafort-75-subpoenas

only 75 ???

Mueller is getting soft on crime LOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2018 at 9:20am

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/13/1771645/-BREAKING-Cohen-is-BREAKING-Flipping

nothing definite
but should be verified or discredited by end of the day
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 3:35pm
WHY !!!!!! the guys a FOOL ,

draging the American people into His cesspool,

Stand up and get this fool OUT !!!!!!!

SACK HIM ......................

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2018 at 4:40am

Konstantin Kilimnik Indictment Means Mueller has Officially Tied Russian Intelligence to Trump campaign

it is now a proven FACT
that the Russians did everything they could to get Trump elected

now the question is WHY ???
and is Trump personally involved?
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 10:14pm
And don't forget
Originally posted by BBC BBC wrote:

Earlier this week Mr Manafort was accused of witness tampering.

The list just goes on and on and on.

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2018 at 12:54pm

Mueller Indicts Manafort and Associate With 'Ties to Russian Intelligence' on Charges of Obstructing Justice

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2018 at 2:34am
Hilary Clinton did.  I'm just saying.

"Innocent until proven guilty!"  But, I admit it smells fishy in BOTH cases.  However, the two of them could each have legitimate reasons. 

Personally, I doubt it:- either way.  There is a big swamp out there - brimming full of rotten fish.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2018 at 8:01pm
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/6/6/1769978/-Sean-Hannity-Breaks-The-Law-On-TV-Telling-Mueller-Witnesses-to-Destroy-Evidence

yeah
cause INNOCENT people always destroy evidenceLOL

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2018 at 9:58pm

The email Roger Stone didn’t want anyone to see

just MORE lying and obstruction of  justice from a Trumptard

bottom line is
if it wasn't for the Russians
Trump would NOT be President
Putin has his man in the White House

and as for Julian Assange ?

BIGGEST dirt bag ever
that guy has turned out to be a TOTAL fraud
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2018 at 6:17pm

Flight Records: Proof Trump Lied To Comey About His Overnight In Moscow

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/04/trump-lied-comey-about-his-overnight

if your not doing anything wrong

THEN WHY DO YOU KEEP LYING ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2018 at 8:35pm

Trump decided to abandon plans for more Russia sanctions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-decided-to-abandon-plans-for-more-russia-sanctions/ar-AAw2Itf?li=BBnb7Kz

Putin OWNS Trump

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2018 at 6:44am

Trump Pal’s Email Regarding Julian Assange Meeting Leaked

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/04/04/trump-pals-email-regarding-julian-assange-meeting-leaked/

A recent story of interest to the ongoing Russia probe is that of an email from longtime Trump pal and former campaign adviser, Roger Stone, to former Trump campaign aid, Sam Nunberg.

In the email, Stone claims to have had dinner with WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange.

The significance of this is that WikiLeaks has long been believed to be working on behalf of the Kremlin by U.S. intelligence. They released DNC emails obtained from a hacker called Guccifer 2.0, now proven to be a Russian intelligence officer.

Stone has claimed to have been in contact with both, interestingly enough.

There should be no quarter given for those who conspire with enemies of our nation to harm our republic, in any way, and that includes attempting to manipulate the outcome of a lawful investigation.

it it up to their eyeballs

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 3:39pm
every so often the world needs a big shake up to get out of the leathargy that  its in ,

in this case its ......

Chump love him or hate the (pussy grabber)

personally i would not have him feed my Dog,

that said ,

he there and he either going to force everyone to lay down their weapons or WW3 will happen 

just watching and waiting (for the chinese invasion) lol

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 2:03pm
I am not sure Trump is good for America.

I can't argue he is good for business.  He is good at that, very good.  And money has a multitude of uses.

My argument is that Mamon is a false God.  There is far more to life than money.  There are other considerations.  Freedom, friendship, family, honor, happiness, health:  not only is the drive for economic strength over all these a poison to your society, but when the "Leader" worships them and fame and sex so completely, it breeds a totally toxic culture.  For the drug dealer to kill his rivals and deal his poisons, he must first rate dollars above people.  The same miscalculation pervades most of your culture to varying degrees. 

I used to have a very well paid job at which I excelled.  I was miserable, had ulcers and failed utterly to enjoy my money.  I gave it all up for love and have never been happier.  Now I am a pauper (although I share even that most of the time) and the lifestyle of middle class America looks like a fairytale of untold riches.  But, I sleep the peaceful sleep of the just.  My life-expectancy is longer than an American's.  I do not trust our justice system, but I know they will never kill me.  I may never wear a tiara full of diamonds, but I will never wear an early shroud because I can't afford a doctor. 

It is true that the far left of politics is dangerous, it destroys freedom and drags people down to a lower level.  Go too far to the left and your country goes bankrupt.  But, the far right is every bit as bad, It takes from the poorest - as the higher levels must climb on the lower to rise above them and then the successful live in fear of slipping back down.  In addition to spreading this tide of misery, it teaches everyone to adopt such moral bankruptcy - and to hide it from yourselves.  You even think this normal, grown up and the only route to freedom.

Trump is not a right-winger.  He is a far right extremist.  He put on a coat with blue patches - to win more votes - but he means none of it.  His economic policies may make you all a mite more money - for a while, but the true cost to your society is astronomical and you will be paying for decades to come.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 1:19pm
if you want to understand why I am so VERY pessimistic about the future of the U.S.
this sums it up well

Falwell, Jr. Wouldn't Necessarily Reject Trump For Rape: 'I'd Have To See The Circumstances'

https://crooksandliars.com/2018/03/falwell-jr-wouldnt-necessarily-reject

this garbage being spewed out of the mouth of a VERY prominent "Christian evangelical"

so called conservative leader

a fish is said to rot from the head down

how very VERY appropriate

Jesus wept.......

Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 12:18pm
the rise to power of someone like Trump was VERY predictable
actually it was quite expected by many

as predictable as this rise to power was
so to the consequences are predicable and even expected probably unavoidable at this point

HINT:it does NOT end well,people who think things are bad now ain't seen nothing yet
Trump is NOT a savior he is a harbinger of the VERY bad things to come
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 11:40am
I understand why you might not personally like Trump.   However what I think his opponents don't understand is those exact qualities are also enduring to his supporters.   I don't want to explain why... it is complicated.

For me it isn't about the process or wither I personally like him or not.... but by most objective measures he has been good for our country.   I will let history judge him.     That is all I have to say about this... it is worse than arguing religion :)
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 7:20am
Only one argument with that, Satori;

millions of other Americans didn't. 

..................................................... 'And in defense of those that did: - look at the opposition.  I don't think he was the best (or even a fully functioning human being), but those that made the finals did present a rather poor choice to compare him to.  Everything is relative.  Compared to Hitler, Mussolini looked like a nice guy.

I'm sorry America!  For the vanguard of freedom and democracy, you are not rising to the challege.  Things will not improve to any appreciable degree, until it is impossible to buy power.   CAP CAMPAIGN SPENDING!!!
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 7:00am
of course people are out to "get" Trump,just like they were out to "get" Obama
Trump provides a very easy target rich environmentLOL
his WHOLE life is marked by scandal,bankruptcy,lies,adulteries,womanizing etc
and those are the good parts LOL
lets face FACTS,he's a pretty disgusting human being when you come right down to it
when it comes to a persons personal life I'm generally pretty tolerant of "indiscretions"
but when you CHEAT on YOUR wife while she is PREGNANT with YOUR child with a PORN STAR
that says everything you need to know about him and his character and integrity or the lack thereof

and millions of AMuRIkaNS thought he was the best we could do ???????

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 2:13am
When I was young there was a fashionable phrase: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

It seems to me that there is both a crooked President and a pratisan* witchunt.  No one is coming out of this smelling of roses, just the stuff you fertilize them with. 

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................That is the problem with fans, they are indiscriminate.

*I was going to correct my spelling of partisan.  But, then I realised the original was better.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeepThinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2018 at 12:32am
Sataroi  I am not silly enough to refute facts.   However the meaning and significance of said facts are indeed open to debate.    Look you have to admit  there is a very strong conspiracy to politically wound the president.    He has enemies throughout the "deep state" who have strong allies in the media.    This was apparent from even before he was elected.   All I am saying is it is very hard to stay objective with all the mud thrown around.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2018 at 4:24pm

Robert Mueller May Have Found That Witch That Trump Claims He’s Hunting For

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-robert-mueller-witch-hunt_us_5abc050de4b06409775ccf5d

n the final months before the 2016 election, top Trump campaign aide Rick Gates was in contact with a former member of Russian military intelligence whose background he knew about, according to a new court filing by Mueller’s office. “Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agents assisting the Special Counsel’s Office assess that Person A has ties to a Russian intelligence service and had such ties in 2016,” states a sentencing memo in the case of Alex van der Zwaan, a Dutch lawyer who pleaded guilty to lying to federal prosecutors earlier this year

WAIT

SAY WHAT """

"top Trump campaign aide Rick Gates was in contact with a former member of Russian military intelligence whose background he knew about,"

I love Mueller

he doesn't leak things to the press to make his case

when he has ACTIONABLE and reliable information

he "leaks" it to the COURT in the form of a LEGAL filing LOL

keep up the witch hunt Mueller

if you find one in the woodpile you KNOW there are many moreLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic