Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Ice Age is Still Coming - 2017-2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Ice Age is Still Coming - 2017-2018
    Posted: October 21 2017 at 8:15am
For several years I have been posting the Ice Age prediction and will eventually put out a book on it.

http://avianflutalk.com/topic35172_post257011.html#257011

The threat is as great as it was and once more I will play the clip that puts us in the proper mode to begin our discussion - now years later. We are on the verge of a mini-ice age in the United States and Europe which will freeze most of the northern areas in the U.S. including Seattle, Chicago, New York and shut down the airports, destroy the power grid and whatever warming may be happening globally- the diluted gulf stream will end life as we knew in the U.S.

Medclinician

The academic, from Perth, Australia, who has passed six degrees in applied mathematics, has analysed complex mathematical assumptions widely used to predict climate change and is predicting world temperature will stagnate until 2017 before cooling, with a ‘mini ice age’ by 2030.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2017 at 6:14am
So now it has become a battle and no small battle indeed. Those prophesying doom by ice and those by fire move to center stage as the U.S. moves away from the Paris Climate Accord.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/01/531048986/so-what-exactly-is-in-the-paris-climate-accord

Sometimes we watch the weather people fumble about predicting 86 degrees like yesterday where I live it being 95 and heat for a few days turning into a week.  Standing outside a Radio Station KSJO with my then significant other DJ listening to the broadcast of clear skies when it was pouring rain.

We hear scary stories about earthquakes with hundreds of small ones in California and we still don't have beach front property in Death Valley (below sea level and destined to become an inland ocean). Yet, still with the melting icecaps and continued dilution of huge chunks of ice, some state size which are breaking off, we are in trouble.

It is unlikely that any prep or  people planning trips to climb the new walls to get into Mexico (now wouldn't that be ironic) would be enough. Cutting the emissions from industry when the largest nations would be unlikely to do so in our lifetime is really not a solution.

But since humans did survive the last Ice Age (actually we are in one) while Mastodons were quick frozen (this could happen) it is likely we would survive the worst - at least some would.

Of course the new move Geostorm which was created by those who did Independence Day is not that popular. It will lose $100 million dollars and actually has some interesting special effects.

I continue to plow through the data on the dilutions occurring to the south of Greenland and how quickly this could happen. But beneath all of this, sometimes I wonder as the sky goes from nasty to clear on days of public events is someone pulling the strings and controlling the weather.

HAARP is rather famous
https://www.wanttoknow.info/war/haarp_weather_modification_electromagnetic_warfare_weapons

I recently posted "I'm Ready for the Storm" a  song and I wonder - are we - ready?

Medclinician

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 6:54am
Haven't posted on this in a bit but we are getting record coldness across the U.S.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/02/04/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-soon-says-math-professors-solar-cycle-model-thats-97-accurate/

The most recent research to examine this topic comes from the National Astronomy Meeting in Wales, where Valentina Zharkova, a mathematics professor from Northumbria University (UK), presented a model that can predict what solar cycles will look like far more accurately than was previously possible. She states that the model can predict their influence with an accuracy of 97 percent, and says it is showing that Earth is heading for a “mini ice age” in approximately fifteen years.

According to the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS):

A new model of the Sun’s solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun’s 11-year heartbeat. The model draws on dynamo effects in two layers of the Sun, one close to the surface and one deep within its convection zone. Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the ‘mini ice age’ that began in 1645

comment: Is there anything we can do to prepare for this or any change to industry that will make a difference?  We can prepare, unfortunately one of the most effective methods if moving south when norther America become buried in snow and ice and the cities and transportation to these areas shuts down.

Wouldn't take long - perhaps a few weeks.

It is less likely looters will be prowling the streets at 30 below - and when areas now heavily populated become unfit for human habitation.

Do not feel exclude U.K. and Europe. The whole system of the Gulf Stream keeps you warm as well and when the dilution of it is bad enough by  melting ice, England will have a lot more to worry about than rain.

Medclinician

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 7:12am
It is unseasonably warm over here, Med.  We have had two cold snaps, one in November and one which is currently thawing. 

15 years ago it grew cold in October, and stayed frozen all through from the end of that month until at least March.  Back then we lived at sea level on the coast, which remains several degrees warmer in winter than where we are now. 

From 10 - 5 Years ago the pattern changed to allow a brief thaw for about 2 weeks in November and again in March.  By then we had moved inland to live 600ft higher uphill.  Between those two mini thaws it still got pretty cold.  By the end of February, our underground pipes used to freeze up and the snow at the top of our land built up to about 8 feet thick.

These past 5 years the snow has not lasted for even a whole week.  At the deepest point on our land it was only about 2 inches thick.

Currently it is thawing at a "watch out for the flooding" rate.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 11:08am
http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/12/its-weather-madness-on-both-sides-of.html?spref=fb

While parts of the US are colder than Mars and are expected to have the coldest new years eve in living memoryHolland is enjoying it's warmest new years eve in living memory as the Limburg town of Ell recorded a temperature of 14 deg C (57. 2 deg F).
The previous record was established in 2006 when it was 13.3 degrees in Woensdrecht.
Holland is currently warmer than parts of Spain, Greece and parts of Italy.
Southern UK is also witnessing record warm temperatures but Scotland is expected to plunge to -2 deg C.
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 12:25pm
-2 Pah!  Nothing!

We have had local temperatures here of as low as - 27* during the last 30 years.  (My sister-in-law lived here before we did.)

Happy new year all!  Hope the US warms up soon.

*Celsius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

It is unseasonably warm over here, Med.  We have had two cold snaps, one in November and one which is currently thawing. 

15 years ago it grew cold in October, and stayed frozen all through from the end of that month until at least March.  Back then we lived at sea level on the coast, which remains several degrees warmer in winter than where we are now. 

From 10 - 5 Years ago the pattern changed to allow a brief thaw for about 2 weeks in November and again in March.  By then we had moved inland to live 600ft higher uphill.  Between those two mini thaws it still got pretty cold.  By the end of February, our underground pipes used to freeze up and the snow at the top of our land built up to about 8 feet thick.

These past 5 years the snow has not lasted for even a whole week.  At the deepest point on our land it was only about 2 inches thick.

Currently it is thawing at a "watch out for the flooding" rate.

It's not unseasonably warm here in the U.S.. People in most of our northern states would not be hard to convince an Ice Age is coming.

https://www.onenewsnow.com/ap/united-states/bone-chilling-cold-grips-wide-swath-of-us-at-least-2-deaths

Temperatures plunged below zero elsewhere in the Midwest, including in Aberdeen, South Dakota, where the mercury dropped to a record-breaking minus 32 (-36 Celsius). The city's previous New Year's Day record had stood for 99 years.

In Nebraska, temperatures hit 15 below zero (-26 Celsius) before midnight Sunday in Omaha, breaking a record low dating to 1884. Omaha officials cited the forecast in postponing the 18th annual New Year's Eve Fireworks Spectacular that draws around 30,000 people.

It was colder in Des Moines, Iowa, where city officials closed a downtown outdoor ice skating plaza and said it wouldn't reopen until the city emerged from sub-zero temperatures. The temperature hit 20 below zero (-29 Celsius) early Monday, with the wind chill dipping to negative 31 degrees (-35 Celsius).

comment: These are record low temps and one in South Dakota was the coldest it has been in 99 years on New Year's day.

There is quite an underground on new research on the Gulf Stream and despite what is being held as scientific givens - the ice is melting and the Gulf Stream is diluting and soon winter is not going away either in the northern U.S. or most of Europe.

It's even cold in the Deep South, as temperatures plummeted early Tuesday to 14 (-10 Celsius) in Atlanta and 26 (-3 Celsius) as far south as New Orleans. Temperatures fell to 8 degrees near Cullman, Alabama, and 20 degrees in Mobile, Alabama. Georgia saw one of its coldest temperatures of the winter: 2 degrees shortly before dawn at a U.S. Forest Service weather station at Toccoa, Georgia. Warming shelters were opened across the South as freeze watches and warnings blanketed the region, including hard freeze warnings for much of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

comment: Deep South - 14 degrees in Atlanta, Georgia and New Orleans.

The Ice Age cometh. Prepare.

Medclinician

Niagra Falls frozen in 1911 and 2014 - this is a rare picture of it in 1911. Perhaps Scotland will be spared. I doubt the East Coast will.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 6:37am
Nasty for you over there!  Keep warm, Med.

Although this is far colder than normal, it is evidence of warming - globally.  The weather evtremes, both hotter and colder, are a product of a wavy jet stream.  That is produced by an exceptionally warm arctic. 

Worryingly, that means that at any given time, any area could become unseasonably warm or cold (or wet or dry or any other strange deviation from the climate norm) with only a few days reliable warning.

So, whilst probably not an ice age, hold on to your hats; this could be an interesting ride.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Nasty for you over there!  Keep warm, Med.

Although this is far colder than normal, it is evidence of warming - globally.  The weather evtremes, both hotter and colder, are a product of a wavy jet stream.  That is produced by an exceptionally warm arctic. 

Worryingly, that means that at any given time, any area could become unseasonably warm or cold (or wet or dry or any other strange deviation from the climate norm) with only a few days reliable warning.

So, whilst probably not an ice age, hold on to your hats; this could be an interesting ride.

Here is some serious data supporting my Ice Age thinking. Look at the sun spot activity. Some records being broken set 131 years ago - in 1887.

Medclinician

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 4:02pm
I hear it's warmer in Alaska than Florida this week....., Climate change is real....
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 8:34am
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/01/04/bomb-cyclone-see-nasas-incredible-temperature-anomaly-pictures-us-deep-freeze.html

Bomb Cyclone - January 4, 2018 - the storm has hit Florida and the south and has started in New York

Ankle deep snow and wind gusts approaching 50 mph (80 kph) covered Maryland's Ocean City Boardwalk, which was under a blizzard warning Thursday. In New Jersey, 4 inches (10 centimeters) of snow had fallen in Margate.

The massive storm began two days ago in the Gulf of Mexico, first hitting the Florida Panhandle. It has prompted thousands of canceled flights, shuttered schools and businesses and sparked fears of coastal flooding and power outages.

The Day After Tomorrow

Twitter

Ian @Ian_Md11

Preview of New York Tomorrow #BombCyclone

Replying to @Ian_Md11

Yeah, that movie doesn't look so stupid now

Are you ready for the storm?  It is definitely coming.

Medclinician

Kilt5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilt5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 2:41pm
With global warming the ice on the land and the snow melts and runs into the seas and oceans.

This is all fresh water and it interferes with the circulation of the currents in the Oceans which act as a heat exchange system

this is the Halothermal Circulation or the Thermohaline circulation and when it stops you get giant artic and antartic pules that cause freezing 

and

you get an ice age

Twice in the history of this planet the Earth was a frozen snowball - "Snowball Earth"

It looks like we have killed this planet and ourselves

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic