Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forum > Political Discussion > Politics - Political Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - charges filed in Robert Mueller's investigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

charges filed in Robert Mueller's investigation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: charges filed in Robert Mueller's investigation
    Posted: November 04 2017 at 11:18am
I would rather go to battle with Satan, armed with a stick of butter, than face Mueller and his team of prosecutors.  

Why these idiots think they can lie or hide anything is beyond me....the FBI collected TONS of intel with their wiretapping and surveillance, and Mueller's team are supreme experts in tracking down Mafia conspiracies and terrorists. 

The Trump administration is, for all intents and purposes, a family mob operation, and Mueller is investigating it as such. 

Who will be the next one to fall?  I'm guessing that Gen. Flynn has already "flipped" and is singing like a canary.  

If Mueller wants to be really nasty, he could indict Don Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner, to see what Trump's reaction would be (likely a knee-jerk pardon that wouldn't matter if State of NY charges are involved).  
CRS, DrPH
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2017 at 1:26pm
More Explosive Russia News Breaks, SESSIONS IS GOING DOWN the Trump Swamp Drains: Friday's Good News

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/3/1712110/-More-Explosive-Russia-News-Breaks-SESSIONS-IS-GOING-DOWN-the-Trump-Swamp-Drains-Friday-s-Good-News

gonna be a bad weekend for Donnie
hope it doesn't mess with day of golf
what is he up to now ?
#80 or so LOL

Sessions LYING
Page withholding evidence
Clovis tied to Russia
Manafort linked to organized crime

they been some buzy boyz LOL
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2017 at 1:14pm
Carter Page is withholding documents ... all the documents

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/11/3/1712285/-Carter-Page-is-withholding-documents-all-the-documents

yeah
cause' this is what innocent people do ???LOL

and now Attorney General Jeff Sessions has been caught in multiple LIES
he could be going down
nothing like having a LIAR for an Attorney General

DRAIN THE SWAMP LOL
“The point of modern propaganda isn’t only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.” Gary Kasparov
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 9:16pm

Papadopoulos Emails Claim Approval for Foreign Meetings from the Top of Trump Campaign

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/31/papadopoulos-emails-claim-approval-foreign-meetings-top-trump-campaign/

hmmm

TOP of the TRUMP campaign

wonder what that means ?LOL

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 4:49pm
I was watching a local marathon taking place just the other day, and trying to imagine the logistical nightmare involved in protecting large crowds in open spaces from something like this. How do you stop someone intent on hurting others with a truck? Truly shocking footage being shown of the aftermath on TV Unhappy

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 4:31pm
Yes sad times, unfortunately this is the world we live in,

Another nutter taking it out on the innocent.....
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2017 at 4:00pm
I just paid one of my occasional visits to Fox.  They actually had some real news:

At least 8 dead after suspect crashes truck in NYC; killer apparently caught on video

A driver barreled into a bike path and crashed a rental pickup truck into a crowd in Lower Manhattan, shouting 'Allahu Akbar,' law enforcement sources have revealed.

I suppose they have not had time to twist the story yet.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 5:00pm
If Chump was innocent, he would just sit back and say,"bring it on " MrMueller has my FULL support,but he hasn't,speaks volumes to me......
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 4:53pm
Okay - I'll bite. How is Mueller corrupt? Seems to me that he's just doing the job he was brought in to do.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 4:39pm
I was going to mention the "Barbie"doll presenters,but being the Gentleman I am, I refained,

if that's "news"im Walter Mitty....not

Walter Kronkite.....

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 3:03pm
I think it behoves me to look at both sides, especially as i advocate such a position all the time.  So, I do look at Fox from time to time.  They do tell of things the other sides do not, but I confess they do bend the truth rather more than I like.  The cartoon-like presenting offends me as well, so I can't keep it on for long.  How regular viewers are able to tolerate the dumbing-down amazes me.  Just how stupid do they think their audience are?  

I find the barbie-doll, plastic-enhanced, Perfect-"big"-hair, makeup-on-with-a-trowel women especially irritating.  Knowing that their jobs depend upon maintaining such an image, degrades us ladies.  Make no mistake;  I will wear high heels, makeup and occasionally resort to fashion.  It is the: "You have to do this to keep your job." attitude that offends so deeply.  Worse is the: "Get a facelift or a dole cheque." discarding of the fair sex, just as they are developing some wisdom to analyse the news they disseminate.

Still, it has to be done.  If you only look at one side you only see one side.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 2:55pm
Maybe Mueller wiil

DRAIN THE SWAMP, he can take our bunch of fools with them,

they couldnt run a p..s up in a Brewery

Marcus Aurelius
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 2:42pm

“Banned by Putin, Fired by Trump” Reacts to Mueller Probe

https://www.redstate.com/smoosieq/2017/10/30/former-federal-prosecutor-banned-putin-fired-trump-reacts-mueller-probe/

Former US Attorney Preet Bharara, who made headlines in March of this year, when he was canned by President Trump, had an interesting response to news that the Mueller probe appears to be hitting Democratic powerhouses, too:

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 2:34pm
Cant take credit for that ,Technophobe,that was the BBC,

maybe Med should view other news ,

but he only gets Murdochs Fake FOX  "news" where he lives..............

i mean i put on FOX Fake news the other day ,it lasted about 3 mins its compleate

GARBAGE

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 1:31pm
Papadopoulos pleaded guilty, so it is beyond "innocent until proven guilty."   The guy has been cooperating for a while, so he probably has stuff that is now in Mueller's hands.  

George Papadopoulos, a former campaign adviser to President Trump, pleaded guilty earlier this month to lying to federal officials about contacts he had with people he believed had ties to the Russian government while he was affiliated with Trump’s campaign.

Papadopoulos, who was named by Trump in March 2016 as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign, was first charged under seal in July and ultimately pleaded guilty in October to lying to federal agents investigating Russian interference in the presidential election.

CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 9:04am
Innocent until proven guilty applies to everyone- even Trump.  Make no mistake, the wheels of the judiciary grind extremely slowly, but they do grind exceedingly small,  if there is further guilt to be found it will come out.  Just don't expect it tomorrow.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 8:55am
So far the charges against Manafort are not related to the election but earlier allegations of money laundering and fraud related to Pro-Moscow groups in the Ukraine.   So far Trump is not implicated.

This will get interesting if Manafort wants to do a deal to lighten his possible sentences and if that deal includes details of election interfering. 

What I find sad in all this is the large amount of money that came from a very poor country to allegedly support a lavish lifestyle in America.  Is that a version of Making America Great?
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

If America cannot remove a man who was elected under manipulated election results, it is a poor excuse for a democracy.
So, I admit it is troubling, but surely that is what impeachment is for; crimes of national importance.  Despite my opinion of him, it is far too early yet to call for the impeachment of Trump.  I believe him to be a despicable excuse for a human being, but he still is, like everyone else, innocent until proven guilty and he has not even been charged personally.  Should suspicion turn to him personally, then impeachment is an option and if Manafort is found guilty, then the beam of inquiry will widen to include him.

Clinton was impeached for a sex act for goodness sake!  Manafort's financial dodgy dealings, whilst not done by Trump directly, are so much more damaging to American interests.  Don't tell me he was completely unaware of Manafort's acts, the man is not blind!  If he was unaware, then he is incompetent instead of untrustworthy.  Either choice is unfit for office.  So, if Manafort is guilty, Impeach Trump.

There were no manipulated election results. None of what Russia may or may not have done effected the outcome of any district in the U.S. On the other hand Hillary's phantom voters in New Hampshire tipped the scale for her to win the state.  The bottom line is actual effect on vote counts and even voters was more threatened by a false released report on Trump than anything the Russian did anywhere. It is all smoke and mirrors.  Reality is - it is not Trump that is on trial today - or in the sights to be terminated - it is Robert Mueller.  He is under investigation and should be removed altogether.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 8:18am
If America cannot remove a man who was elected under manipulated election results, it is a poor excuse for a democracy.
So, I admit it is troubling, but surely that is what impeachment is for; crimes of national importance.  Despite my opinion of him, it is far too early yet to call for the impeachment of Trump.  I believe him to be a despicable excuse for a human being, but he still is, like everyone else, innocent until proven guilty and he has not even been charged personally.  Should suspicion turn to him personally, then impeachment is an option and if Manafort is found guilty, then the beam of inquiry will widen to include him.

Clinton was impeached for a sex act for goodness sake!  Manafort's financial dodgy dealings, whilst not done by Trump directly, are so much more damaging to American interests.  Don't tell me he was completely unaware of Manafort's acts, the man is not blind!  If he was unaware, then he is incompetent instead of untrustworthy.  Either choice is unfit for office.  So, if Manafort is guilty, Impeach Trump.
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

I make no secret of it; I detest Trump.  But, everyone is entitled to a fair trial.  So, if he is charged, let's not judge until he is tried.  The same applies if a member of his team is arrested.  Then let us at least try to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Guilt by association is not guilt.  It is only a perception of it.

I can't stand Hilary either, but that is every bit as irrelevant (if not more so).  As far as I can tell, the investigations already carried out have exonerated her, the claims of a few far-right nut-jobs and the current claims of her corruption are even less likely to be true than those about Trump.  The vast majority of the highest echelons of the judiciary are Republican,  They are not going to just let a Democrat's guilt go unpunished.  

Donnie's noisy condemnation of Hilary, coupled with his sudden dropping of his campaign promise to prosecute her, go a long way to making me think her the victim of a witch hunt.  From Trump's viewpoint she must look like a great smoke screen.  No doubt Trump intended to use her to draw attention away from himself.  Although that should backfire in the minds of anyone with even half of a brain, again, in defense of the truth regarding Trump, his wanting to make Hilary take the heat, only makes him look guilty.  It does not necessarily mean that he is.

So, as the machinations of the legal system slowly grind away the rubbish, lies and personal opinions, let's just wait for the truth to come out.

Trump has not been charged nor is he likely to be. Just because a fired head of his campaign was let go, does not mean as much as they are putting out there.  You cannot criminally charge a sitting President and guilt by association are not grounds for impeachment.

Mueller is a crook and corrupt and should be removed from the investigation no matter what can charge people with.  Charges are not convictions. Democrats think stating something makes it so.  Our president's name is not Donnie - and this continued disrespect is unreal. Why not call Hillary Hilly? What is beyond my understanding is how people who are not American and apparently oblivious to the reality of a country they do not even live in continue to attack when there a huge other issues to deal with now.

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 7:53am
Techno - If only we could CALL for a new election! Problem is our elections are set in stone. "In the United States, Election Day is the day set by law for the general elections of federal public officials. It is statutorily set as "the Tuesday next after the first Monday in the month of November" or "the first Tuesday after November 1". The presidents term is set for four years and once elected it's hard to remove them without proving "high crimes or misdemeanors"!
Buy more ammo!
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 6:16am
Not yet, but should Manafort be found guilty, then a new election should be called.  

Don't get over excited Democrats!  It has to be proven first and Trump could always win again.  But, at that point, it will be definitely time to throw out the election results and start again.

There is the small matter of a guilty verdict of course,  Manafort has the same rights as anyone else. He is innocent until proven guilty.  My, or anyone else's, opinion of him is just that; opinion.
Satori View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Satori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 5:14am
Paul Manafort, Donald Trump's former campaign manager, indicted

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/30/1710888/-Paul-Manafort-Donald-Trump-s-former-campaign-manager-indicted

the first and no doubt not the last of the corrupt Trump regime to be indicted
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2017 at 4:38am
Thank you Carbon.  That is informative and amusing.

I can hear the old "Dallas" theme tune in the background.             With Trump as JR, Hilary as Sue-Ellen etc. ...............
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 11:53pm

Russia-Trump: Who's who in the drama to end all dramas?

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin

It's more gripping than any box set we can get our hands on right now.

The investigations into Russian interference in the US election, and whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin, continue to deliver daily developments and drama worthy of anything seen in House of Cards.

There are several ongoing investigations into the Trump campaign's ties with Russia, and reports of imminent arrests.

Here is your viewer's guide to the main characters in the first three seasons of the only political drama that matters.

(Note: links to the key players do not work in the BBC News app)

Season One - The Election

This is the season in which Donald Trump, the reality TV star, takes centre stage in his own political drama by launching a presidential campaign. He's supported by his family and gets the attention of the Russians. The season ends with a cliffhanger - could Trump the outsider actually win?!

It's been a while since all of this happened, so let's remind you of the key players in this season.

Donald Trump - The boss

Who is he? Donald Trump, the billionaire candidate (who by Season Three is the 45th president of the United States). If you really need a refresher, here's his life story.

Key plot line As Donald Trump was busy traversing the country canvassing for votes, US intelligence officials said Russia hacked into the emails of his Democratic rivals.

The question is why? Was the Kremlin trying to alter the outcome of the election, and what did Trump and his campaign know?

What, if anything, did Donald Trump do to try to cover things up in the ongoing Russia investigation?

Paul Manafort - The manager

Who is he? He was Trump's campaign chairman before being forced to quit over his ties to Russian oligarchs and Ukraine.

Key plot line Paul Manafort spent more than a decade as a political consultant in Ukraine. He resigned from the campaign in August 2016, after he was accused of having links to pro-Russian groups there. He also sat in on a crucial meeting with a Russian lawyer who may have been trying to feed the Trump team classified information (more on that later).

We'll meet him again in Season Three, when the FBI raids his house as part of its investigations.

Donald Trump Jr - The boss boy

Who is he? The president's eldest child. The Trump who we know did meet the Russians - the big question is why.

Key plot line The role of Donald Trump Jr in this unfolding saga all comes down to a meeting he had with a Russian lawyer, which was set up by a music publicist (the full details of which come out in Season Three). If it sounds random, then in many ways it is.

In June 2016, the publicist, Rob Goldstone▼, offered him a meeting with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya▼ promising Trump Jr dirt on Hillary Clinton. "This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr Trump," Goldstone wrote. "I love it" Trump Jr replied, and so he invited the pair to Trump Tower, where they met Trump staff Jared Kushner▼ and Paul Manafort

This meeting is the key to much of our plot line because it raises several key questions. Did this amount to the campaign colluding with a foreign government? Why did he agree to the meeting? Don Jr says the meeting was about Russian adoption policy, and Veselnitskaya says she's not an agent of the Russian government. But it's the scene investigators will be playing over and over again as they try to work out if there was any impropriety.

Read more: Trump Jr's habit for making headlines

Season Two - The Transition

Donald Trump confounds his critics by winning the presidency. But the transition is as gripping as the season before it as Trump picks his cabinet, introducing key characters to the mix. The season ends with Trump taking the oath of office on a cold January morning - but there are more twists to come.

Michael Flynn - The General

Who is he? The granite-faced former general who later became the shortest-serving member of Donald Trump's cabinet. He was forced to resign after not being honest about his contact with a Russian official - what did he know and who did he tell?

Key plot line Michael Flynn was appointed national security adviser just days after the election, against the advice of then-President Obama, who warned Trump not to hire him. Flynn's starring role came in December 2016, when he spoke to the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak▼.

The Washington Post and New York Times said the men discussed Russian sanctions, and that Flynn later lied to the Vice President Mike Pence about the conversation (Kislyak said the men discussed only "simple things").

The FBI is now investigating Flynn. And here's where the president comes in - the agency is also looking at whether Trump tried to get it to back off this inquiry.

Read more: Out after 23 days - who is Michael Flynn?

Sergei Kislyak - the ambassador

Who is he? Many roads in this drama lead back to Sergei Kislyak, the jolly and charismatic figure, who up until July 2017 was the Russian ambassador to Washington.

Key plot line Kislyak's role in this drama is unclear - but he makes several appearances as the man many of our cast have had meetings with. The key questions for investigators are - why were they drawn to him, and what was said? The Russian ambassador spoke to both Flynn▼ and Sessions▼ - meetings which both Trump officials didn't initially acknowledge took place.

Anything else we should know? Well, Russia fiercely fought back against claims on CNN that Kislyak was a "top spy and recruiter of spies".

Jeff Sessions - Americas top lawyer

Who is he? Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III hovered in the background during Season One, when he was an Alabama senator and a trusted Trump adviser, but we really got to know him during Season Two, when he became Trump's nominee for attorney general.

Key plot line Sessions is one of a number of Trump's team to meet the Russian ambassador, Sergei Kislyak▼ and there are question marks over the nature of those meetings.

Since the FBI investigation focused on the Trump campaign, Sessions stood down from the inquiry. That decision led to plenty of tension, with Trump taking potshot after potshot at Sessions on Twitter.

Sessions has said any suggestion he colluded with Russia is "an appalling and detestable lie".

Read more: An attorney general dogged by scandal

Season Three - The Presidency

This is where the drama really picked up and all the plot lines came together. A lot of the background characters we saw in Season One came back with a vengeance and the infighting got nasty - and, don't look now, but the police are circling.

Natalia Veselnitskaya - The go-between

Who is she? A Russian lawyer who has fought against US restrictions on Russia, with a fearsome reputation and a propensity for drama. But is she a Kremlin stooge? She says no.

Key plot line Hers is a small but crucial role - she's the one who Trump Jr▼, Kushner▼ and Manafort▼ met in June 2016, the details of which were disclosed a year later once Trump became president. She says the meeting was to discuss adoptions - but those who helped set it up said she was offering dirt on the Democrats and Hillary Clinton's campaign. That meeting would never have happened without...

The Agalarovs - the pop star and his dad

Who are they? Emin Agalarov is Azerbaijan's biggest pop star, of course. Have you not heard Love is a Deadly Game? Emin helped bring Donald Trump's Miss Universe competition to Russia and the two are close enough to send each other birthday messages. His dad, Aras, is a billionaire who mixes in the highest circles of influence in Moscow.

Key plot line Emin is the man who set the wheels in motion on that Trump Jr▼meeting. An email sent to Trump Jr suggests Emin was offering information on the Democrats (Emin says he didn't). The email also says Aras Agalarov had apparently met the "crown prosecutor" of Russia - a role that weirdly doesn't exist - and got information on Hillary Clinton. Are you keeping up?

Read more: The tough-talking networker

Sally Yates - The defiant lawyer

Who is she? One of those supporting characters who came from nowhere to play a massive role in the rest of the season. She was the acting attorney general, until Sessions▼ was confirmed in his role. And then she was fired...

Key plot line She's the one who informed the White House that Flynn▼ had not been truthful about his meetings with the Russians. She argued that the fact the Russians knew about these meetings, and that the White House didn't, made Flynn vulnerable to blackmail. Her reward? Donald Trump▼ fired her over an unrelated matter weeks later. She's been a persistent critic of the president ever since.

Rod Rosenstein - The deputy

Who is he? He became deputy attorney general under Jeff Sessions▼ In the TV drama of the Russia scandal, this is the sort of role that would go to a solid Broadway actor you recognise but can't put a name to.

Key plot line Given Sessions stood down from leading the main investigation into the Trump-Russia ties, it fell to Rosenstein to do that job. In a major plot development, he appointed a special investigator▼ - not a popular move with the White House. He's also the guy who recommended in a letter that FBI chief Comey▼ be fired. That move proved to be a bit more popular with the president.

Read more:The man at the centre of Comey sacking

Jared Kushner - The son-in-law

Who is he? Married to Trump's daughter, Ivanka, Kushner is the character who is seen but very rarely heard.

Key plot line Amid cries of nepotism, he was given a plum White House job as senior adviser to the president with a wide-ranging portfolio. It's his contacts with the Russians during the election campaign and beyond that have led to investigators circling him. In June 2016, Kushner attended THAT meeting with Donald Trump Jr▼ and the Russian lawyer▼. He says he was so bored he messaged his assistant to call him so he could leave.

Kushner is also another cast member who had contact with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak▼ - including, reportedly, phone calls (he denies this), and a December 2016 meeting, where it's claimed he discussed setting up a secret back channel with Moscow. He denies this too - but investigators want to know why he failed to disclose these meetings initially.

Read more: The son-in-law with Trump's ear

Jay Sekulow - The presidents lawyer

Who is he? When the White House says "we refer all your questions to Mr Trump's lawyer", this is the guy they mean.

Key plot line Washington DC is a city full of lawyers, but none is as important as Jay Sekulow, the president's personal counsel. Like many political types, he also has a talk show on the side, but is often seen on the airwaves defending the White House from the latest revelations in this ongoing investigation.

Rob Goldstone - The music man

Who is he? A British former tabloid journalist, with a penchant for selfies in silly hats, is perhaps an unlikely addition to the cast, but in most good dramas there's always room for the slightly out-of-place eccentric.

Key plot line Rob Goldstone finds his way into Donald Trump's circle of trust thanks to his connections with Russian pop star Emin Agalarov▼.

Goldstone manages the pop star, and it was he who contacted Donald Trump Jr▼on behalf of his client to set up that now-infamous meeting at Trump Tower in June 2016. Goldstone sent an email to Trump Jr promising dirt on Hillary Clinton, in an email exchange that is a key piece of evidence in this inquiry.

Another highlight on Goldstone's CV is his work bringing the Miss Universe contest to Russia, and it is through these connections he once met Donald Trump himself.

Read more:The Music Man with a love for hats

James Comey - The (former) FBI boss

Who is he? At 6ft 8in (just over two metres), James Comey is a towering figure, the character who gives little away about himself personally, but has a huge personal role in this story.

Key plot line He first entered this drama in Season One, when as head of the FBI he reopened the investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails - just weeks before the election. Democrats blamed him for her loss, Republicans hailed him a hero. That, we thought, was the last we'd seen of him.

Cue Season Three, when months into the Trump presidency, Comey was fired by the new president. In true television drama style, he learned of his sacking as he was watching TV news during a trip to LA. By this point, Comey was heading up an investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Was this why he was given the heave-ho?

His testimony to the Senate was one of the most gripping scenes in this drama so far, as - under oath - he told politicians he was asked to pledge loyalty to the president - but refused. He also said he was told by Trump to "let go" of the investigation into Michael Flynn▼. A character whose stock is still high - it's unclear when he'll next make an appearance.

Read more: The FBI director who took centre stage

Robert Mueller - The investigator

Who is he? The man who could decide the fate of the Trump presidency.

Key plot line Some characters wield a lot of power, but don't have a starring role, such as Robert Mueller, the tall chiselled figure who was appointed as "special counsel" to take over the Russia investigation in the wake of the dismissal of James Comey▼. Mueller comes from the same stock as Comey - both are former heads of the FBI. It's led some to accuse Mueller of not being impartial.

There have been reports that the president has considered firing Mueller - but he's still in the job. With a team of more than 15 lawyers, and a staff of more than three dozen, he's working quietly behind the scenes amassing evidence. There are now reports criminal charges have been filed and arrests will take place soon.

Mueller's inquiry runs alongside similar ones being conducted by politicians in Congress - but he's the only one who can press charges against anyone.

He could play a big part in Season Four onward.

Text by Rajini Vaidyanathan and Roland Hughes; illustrations by Gerry Fletcher

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 5:49pm
Mmmmm truth......now that I have to see....😂 😂lol

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 5:42pm
I make no secret of it; I detest Trump.  But, everyone is entitled to a fair trial.  So, if he is charged, let's not judge until he is tried.  The same applies if a member of his team is arrested.  Then let us at least try to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Guilt by association is not guilt.  It is only a perception of it.

I can't stand Hilary either, but that is every bit as irrelevant (if not more so).  As far as I can tell, the investigations already carried out have exonerated her, the claims of a few far-right nut-jobs and the current claims of her corruption are even less likely to be true than those about Trump.  The vast majority of the highest echelons of the judiciary are Republican,  They are not going to just let a Democrat's guilt go unpunished.  

Donnie's noisy condemnation of Hilary, coupled with his sudden dropping of his campaign promise to prosecute her, go a long way to making me think her the victim of a witch hunt.  From Trump's viewpoint she must look like a great smoke screen.  No doubt Trump intended to use her to draw attention away from himself.  Although that should backfire in the minds of anyone with even half of a brain, again, in defense of the truth regarding Trump, his wanting to make Hilary take the heat, only makes him look guilty.  It does not necessarily mean that he is.

So, as the machinations of the legal system slowly grind away the rubbish, lies and personal opinions, let's just wait for the truth to come out.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 5:07pm
By the look of the polls, only 38% of Americans approve of Chump,so maybe his "mates"might look forward to getting rid of the encumbrance..!!!!!

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

it will be Manafort ,followed by Flynn, 

Mueller is trying to get Chump to SACK him,

so triggering  a THIRD,OBSTRUCTION OF jUSTICE .

this i believe is a trigger for IMPEACHMENT,

i stand to be corrected on the Legal issues,as i  dont know much about your system

Friend, it doesn't appear that many Yanks know much about our system either!!  

Firing Mueller MIGHT trigger a move for impeachment....however, if our House of Representatives (dominated by Trump's Republican party) doesn't move to impeach, nothing happens, and the results will have to wait until the next federal elections in 2018.  

This is one bloody mess!! 
CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 2:20pm
it will be Manafort ,followed by Flynn, 

Mueller is trying to get Chump to SACK him,

so triggering  a THIRD,OBSTRUCTION OF jUSTICE .

this i believe is a trigger for IMPEACHMENT,

i stand to be corrected on the Legal issues,as i  dont know much about your system

Marcus Aurelius
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 1:02pm
...get the popcorn!  LOL

Conventional wisdom says Manafort (he was told he was going to be indicted) or Flynn. 

In truth, there might be several indictments handed out.  This is a "target rich" environment.  

If it is someone close to Trump (Kushner) or even Trump himself, I hope they can cut the wires on his nuclear trigger! 
CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2017 at 1:17am
I doubt it is anyone "major".  Both Trump and Hilary are far too canny to be the authors or their own successes.  It will be some middle guy.  One of those too powerful to do the job him/herself and not powerful enough to say "Sorry boss.  I can't do that, it's illegal."

In theory, it should be someone in Trump's campaign, as that is the one currently under investigation, but in reality, it could be on any side.   They are all so bent (corrupt) the corkscrew is ashamed.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2017 at 5:33pm
Hillary? She and hubby took huge amounts of money from Russia to get our Uranium.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2017 at 5:08pm
i wonder who it is  ????

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2017 at 5:04pm

First charges filed in Robert Mueller's investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the Trump campaign

Agrand jury in Washington has approved the first charges in the probe led by independent prosecutor Robert Mueller, who is investigating any links between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and Russia.

Details of the charges, and who will face them, were not known, but the fact they have been made marked a major step forward in the sweeping investigation into Kremlin interference in last year's US election.

The existence of the charges was first reported by CNN which said a federal judge had ordered that they remain sealed.

Any person charged could be taken into custody as early as Monday.

The Department of Justice, and Mr Mueller's office, declined to comment.

Investigative leads Mr Mueller and his team have looked at include lobbying activities for foreign clients done by Mr Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and his former national security adviser Michael Flynn. FBI agents raided Mr Manafort's home in July.

Mr Mueller, a former Director of the FBI, was appointed in May to lead the Russia investigation after Mr Trump fired James Comey as FBI director.

US intelligence agencies concluded in January that Russia interfered in the election to try to help Mr Trump defeat Democrat candidate Hillary Clinton.

That included hacking and releasing embarrassing Democrat emails and disseminating propaganda on social media to discredit her campaign.

Mr Trump has denied allegations that his campaign colluded with Russia and condemned the Mueller investigation as "a witch hunt".

Marcus Aurelius
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic