Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Flu Widespread in U.S. 2017-2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2018 at 1:39pm
Just got a text from my HMO to say that their urgent care clinics and ERs are experiencing long delays due to the number of flu cases.

Now here's the thing. This is just a bad flu season - imagine how a truly nasty pandemic strain would bring healthcare systems to a standstill globally.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2018 at 12:04pm
My daughter is an x-ray tech at one of the hospitals in Jacksonville, FL.  She said the ED is full today with ILI cases.  Surprised there isn't more media coverage of this.  This year's flu vaccine is such a big miss - and so many are ill.  I suspect there may be more coverage once it's officially declared a Pandemic?
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 10:08pm
But the (P&I) mortality rates are just tracing the seasonal base line....http://https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/

INFLUENZA Virus Isolated
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 6:44pm
It is getting a lot worse. I don't remember it this bad before. It is all over the U.S. - and widespread except in 3 states. Many people I know have had this since early December and still have it. The arctic temperatures are making things a lot worse.

The geographic spread of influenza in 46 states was reported as widespread; four states reported regional activity; the District of Columbia reported local activity; and Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands did not report.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 6:32am
It has happened. There is no coverage at all in the mainstream media and the new and deadly Flu has reached most of the U.S. and is widespread in most of America.

H3N2 652 (88.1%) 5,169 (90.2%)

We have a serious problem here. It is possible the vaccine has very little effect on most people with the flu and this is only what CDC is reporting. It could be much worse.  The first numbers are for week 51 and the second cumulative.

People are sick here in California it is widespread. As the temperatures continue to drop to record lows across much of the United States things may get a lot worse.

Our media and politicians simply are not paying attention to the health of our country.  If any are reading my posts, understand that Kim Jong-un may be involved in this. The first area to have widespread flu this season was Guam.  The District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam did not report. Why not?

They did at the beginning of the season. So what is happening there now? And not in D.C. either.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic