Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

October prepping 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October prepping 2018
    Posted: October 18 2018 at 6:38pm
I almost wasn't going to post the prepping for this month, it's not been a good month for me. Starting with October 1st one of my labs had to be put down, he had cancer and had been sick for several months. This was the day before my birthday, October 2nd, which was the first anniversary of Tom Petty's death who is one of my favorite musicians, I have 2, Tom Petty and Mick Jagger. I feel like I have grown up with these people lol. Work has been horribly busy, although I have had a lot of good news through work, one of the grants I wrote got $140,000 for my program, another grant I wrote got $46,000 and a brand new grant I wrote brought in $614,000 to my program. So along with the money comes more paperwork and more staff, which is awesome. But at the same time more work. So anyway, I have not done much this month.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 12:32am
My sympathy, Penny. I lost a cat a week ago, so the grief is still fresh for me too.

I'm glad the rest is going well.

I want to wish you a happy belated birthday too, but that does seem rather trite. Happy next birthday! Here's hoping the rest of this year is better.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 5:13am
Thank you Technophobe, I have had both my dogs since they were about 12 weeks old and they were both 12-1/2 years old, I still have his sister, but it's still hard. I am sorry about your cat. Our pets become part of the family. Whoever made the link to Mick Jagger, lol, it made me smile! I told people at work when Mick dies I will have to call in sick, cause I won't be able to work, lol.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 5:37am
I had Midnight for 17 years. Unlike most cats, she loved the car. So, she went everywhere with us - even camping. Her nickname was petrol-head. She was born on my Hubby's lap. She died on mine.

I still have one of her sisters. I still miss her mother!

They get deep under your skin, don't they?
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 3:28pm
Pen and Techno - I understand what you're saying! I just lost one of the best friends I have ever had! She was a 14 year old Border Collie/ Australian Sheppard and the smartest dog I've ever had! If we were outside she was always within a few yards of us and if we were apart she followed me but only because I always had treats! They really do become part of the family!
Buy more ammo!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 7:30pm
Sorry Penham, before I got my puppy Abby last year I had to really think hard about the day I will lose her. But I got her despite the pain because of all the good memories I will have and I now have someone to sleep with. So think about all the good times and all the love and cry. We are thinking of you.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 9:28pm
Yes, they do bring a lot of good memories, just as people do, and I would not trade those for anything.
arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2018 at 12:41pm
we've had a bumper crop of persimmons this year! already harvested about 10 lbs.
plan on making a few gallons of wine and jelly!
Buy more ammo!
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2018 at 9:41pm
Not sure if it is prepping as such, but in the normal cycle of the year October is, for me:-
a time to prepare the garden for winter;
a time of raking leaves that in a couple of years will end up as compost (several months of freezing weather does slow down the whole process);
a time to start looking for fallen branches that I can use for firewood for the following winter, ie 2019-20 (smaller branches are good for the kitchen stove, while tree trunks provide the larger pieces that are good for space heating and for the sauna).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic