Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

The Coming of the Ice Age 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Coming of the Ice Age 2019
    Posted: December 29 2018 at 11:27am
Despite continuous misinformation about global warming, we still are headed for another Ice Age in the next 20 years. Currently in the U.S. we are being hit by yet another Polar Vortex.

Medclinician

"not if but when" the original Medclinician
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2018 at 5:42pm
An abnormal polar vortex is consistent with global warming. The science is difficult and complicated but fully understood - by the experts and most interested amateurs.

I don't want to explain it, as it IS complicated, but will if asked.

Over here temperatures are in + double figures. Usually they are sub-zero this time of year. Our 8 feet of snow has been replaced by green shoots and buds. FREAKY!!
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 4:09am
If climate change causes the "Global Conveyor,"to stop ,we could see an ice age within 10years of it stopping,it has happened before,and the resulting ice age lasted. 1000 years
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Medclinician View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2019 at 5:26am
As I predicted and many other scientists have backed up, we are on the very brink of at least a small Ice Age which could last a hundred years or more. I am still working on my book for 2019 - The Coming of the Ice Age and basically all the global warming crowd are badly mistaken. The icecaps are melting diluting our Gulf Stream and the decreased saline is cooling that at a deep level and that is what keeps the U.S. and Europe warm where they usually would be buried in snow and ice. The polar vortexes are a warning. All the emission control and attempts to lower C02 could not change things, if at all, more than a few degrees over hundreds of years. What we do need to do is figure out how to deal with a frozen northern America which shuts down New York, Chicago, and most of New England.
The Ice Age is coming - and perhaps Mexico will be building a wall - not to keep people in - but to keep us from migrating by the millions south and demanding help. They have predicted temperatures as low as -60 with wind chill in parts of the U.S. within a few days - that is a reality.

Ironic isn't it? J.B. Michaels - An Ice Age - with 20 years - not if - but when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_xwj9bHZm4
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 7:20am
It is -66 F in Chicago with many homeless who will not survive this.

CWN - Crystal World News - 7 a.m. 1-30-19

Brutal cold is hitting the U.S. with temperatures hitting as low as -66 F/ -54.4 C with the windchill factor in some areas of Chicago. Despite a political barrage of false information about global warming, the melting of the ice caps at a rapid rate is diluting the gulf stream upon which the northern U.S. and Europe rely on to keep their countries at a climate above the blasting arctic vortex hitting them now. This is no surprise. It has been known for more than a decade sun cycles and magnetic influence affect our weather.

Such low solar activity has not been seen since the last mini ice age, called the Maunder Minimum, which plunged the northern hemisphere in particular into a series of bitterly cold winters between 1645 and 1715. During this the River Thames in London froze.

The prediction is based on whatโ€™s known as the Sunโ€™s '11-year heartbeat'. The Sunโ€™s magnetic activity is not the same year in year out, it fluctuates over a cycle that lasts between 10 and 12 years. Ever since this was discovered 172 years ago, scientists have struggled to predict what each cycle will look like.

But just last week at the National Astronomy Meeting in Wales, mathematics professor Valentina Zharkova from Northumbria University in the UK has presented a new model that can forecast what these solar cycles will look like based on the dynamo effects at play in two layers of the Sun. Zharkova says she can predict their influence with an accuracy of 97 percent.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releasโ€ฆ/2015/โ€ฆ/150709092955.htm

I have begun working on one of my new books The Coming of the Ice Age. J.B. Michaels / Medclinician

Hundreds of flights have been cancelled an mail delivery stopped in 7 states - maybe more to come. There will be more polar vortexes coming and a mini-ice age soon and probably within the next 20-30 years ... not if - but when.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 9:29am
Really? http://www.avianflutalk.com/midwestern-us-due-polar-vortex_topic38766.html

and more to the point:   http://www.avianflutalk.com/edukation_topic38769_post275412.html?KW=#275412

I don't mind you re-reporting information I have already posted (although I understand it is considered rude by some). I undertstand you either fail to understand the science or believe instead some of the 'fringe' stuff (very occasionally proven right, by the way - just look at Tesla, so that is ok too). I even get that you want to promote your book. But there has been a great deal posted on this subject here recently either reporting on this vortex or debunking the pseudoscience.

So why now? Why this? The polar vortex BACKS UP global warming science. I previously explained how the science works (I think more than once) and only recently gave up then put it in kindergarden terminology. There is one of them here: http://www.avianflutalk.com/coming-of-the-ice-age-2015_topic33424_post251091.html?KW=jetstream#251091

Tesla's science was simply too advanced for the majority to understand and he was only interested in being of benefit to humanity. Valentina Zharkova on the other hand is still spouting debunked myths (more in keeping with Lamark, Reich and Papa Schimmelhorn than a genius before his time) https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/09/the-imminent-mini-ice-age-myth-is-back-and-its-still-wrong

Our duty as members is to inform each other of threats to life and limb, not to continue repeating them until people stop reading the posts on our site, or using them as supposed 'proof' of clearly discredited theories.
WillobyBrat View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillobyBrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 10:33am
With all due respect to my wife's comments and the Guardian's (which is of course a fantastically brilliant source of scientific information sich). In my lifetime I have enjoyed the friendship, at different times, of some very learned and famous scientists. They ranged from physicists to biologists. All scientists are very learned and educated people, however, appart from a half dozen of such people in the history of our civilization, most are not renowned for the level of their IQ. Which is why we have the stupid arguements as to whether global warming is due to us burning coal and driving SUVs or the sun heating up - or little green men invading from outerspace. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arrival_(1996_film)

The fact is that we have had at least 8 ice-ages since life has been on this planet none of which have been caused by the sun, or (for the benefit of the disbelievers) secret American military personnel going back in time and driving tanks or flying helicopters around Egypt and persuading the Pharos to have pictures of them carved on the walls of the piramids. It appears, although the evidence is not complete, that the ice ages were caused by impacts by asteroids, errupting bassalt traps and other terrestrial upheavals. Minor events have occured at intervals of approximately 26 thousand years. These have produced minor ELE events.

Now it is true to say that every ice age was preceded by global warming, but these were not sudden events (with the exception of the asteroid impacts) and there is no proof that one cased the other. Most interglacial periods lasted a few thousand years, as did the galatial ones. The warm ages certainly were not all caused by human beings as we have only been on this planet for approximately 300,00 years in our present form, and around 5M years in other varieties thereof, from neanderthalers to australopithicus.

However, concerning the coming events, whether we heat up or cool down, which I have personally discussed with the late Fred Hoyle, Professor Nigel Holder and many others (I mention those 2 in particular as they were far more open minded and intellectually rounded than many of their peers, then and now.) in my opinion (for what it's worth) you should worry more about the rise in geological activity and both oceanic +sub-tundra gas releases (released by the rising temperatures) as these gasses will accelerate global warming far faster than anything the human race can achieve - short of setting off a few thousand hydrogen bombs.

The only thing you can do to mitigate the circumstances is reduce carbon based fuel use and massively increase forestation. If we fail to do this and let things run, the only real alternative is to place your head betrween yowr knees and........................
I like Ike
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Really? http://www.avianflutalk.com/midwestern-us-due-polar-vortex_topic38766.html

and more to the point:   http://www.avianflutalk.com/edukation_topic38769_post275412.html?KW=#275412

I don't mind you re-reporting information I have already posted (although I understand it is considered rude by some). I undertstand you either fail to understand the science or believe instead some of the 'fringe' stuff (very occasionally proven right, by the way - just look at Tesla, so that is ok too). I even get that you want to promote your book. But there has been a great deal posted on this subject here recently either reporting on this vortex or debunking the pseudoscience.

So why now? Why this? The polar vortex BACKS UP global warming science. I previously explained how the science works (I think more than once) and only recently gave up then put it in kindergarden terminology. There is one of them here: http://www.avianflutalk.com/coming-of-the-ice-age-2015_topic33424_post251091.html?KW=jetstream#251091

Tesla's science was simply too advanced for the majority to understand and he was only interested in being of benefit to humanity. Valentina Zharkova on the other hand is still spouting debunked myths (more in keeping with Lamark, Reich and Papa Schimmelhorn than a genius before his time) https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/jan/09/the-imminent-mini-ice-age-myth-is-back-and-its-still-wrong

Our duty as members is to inform each other of threats to life and limb, not to continue repeating them until people stop reading the posts on our site, or using them as supposed 'proof' of clearly discredited theories.

I have been reporting on this for years. I have personally spoken to some of the people, scientists involved in this, and these are far more than "spouting debunked myths".

Medclinician:

Although I have been busy today posting links for people to find shelter in Chicago who are homeless, I will go over what I have said and have covered. Putting up a new thread on something I have been following for years - well - that is up to you.

https://mashable.com/2015/03/24/gulf-stream-slowdown-study-tipping-point/#SeOmWyyaDZqG

The Northern Hemisphere winter of 2014-15 was the warmest on record globally, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. But if you look closely at global temperature maps, it becomes clear that one area of the North Atlantic conspicuously bucked the trend, as it has during many years since 1970.

That region was, in fact, the coldest it has been since the dawn of instrument records, at up to 3.6 degrees Fahrenheit colder than average. According to a new study, this cold pool may be an indicator of a dramatic slowdown in the Gulf Stream, which transports vast amounts of heat north from the equator to the pole, passing off the East Coast of the U.S. and into the North Atlantic.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2015/03/whats-going-on-in-the-north-atlantic/

Also in 2014 we again find a remarkable cold bubble over the northern Atlantic โ€“ as a look at the NASA website shows. 2014 was globally the warmest year on record, 1 ยฐC warmer than the average for 1880-1920. But the subpolar Atlantic was 1-2 ยฐC colder than that baseline. And even more recently, NOAA last week released the stunning temperature analysis for the past winter shown in Fig. 4. That winter was globally the warmest since records began in 1880. But in the subpolar North Atlantic, it was the coldest on record! That suggests the decline of the circulation has progressed even further now than we documented in the paper.

comment: I have gigs of this stuff and a lot more I am pulling together. You are welcome to read the book when it comes out and you can meet me on it's Facebook page to continue the discussion.

Who is putting out real fake news is the people about ready to make global warming into an industry, while we are going to see more and more cold weather.

It is a lot more complex in view of recent discoveries within the last six months concerning the sun's sunspot activity and how the real reason for NASA going to the moon and Mars was largely to find evidence of a solar flare event which actually took part of the matter around the sun and shot it into space. They have found particles of a crystalline substance which would indicate this may have been what toasted Mars.

It is good to be back and the book will be a lot of work. But besides just posting for 10 years I have more than 6 books out now and this one is long overdue.

Medclinician - J.B. Michaels
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by WillobyBrat WillobyBrat wrote:

With all due respect to my wife's comments and the Guardian's (which is of course a fantastically brilliant source of scientific information sich). In my lifetime I have enjoyed the friendship, at different times, of some very learned and famous scientists. They ranged from physicists to biologists. All scientists are very learned and educated people, however, appart from a half dozen of such people in the history of our civilization, most are not renowned for the level of their IQ. Which is why we have the stupid arguements as to whether global warming is due to us burning coal and driving SUVs or the sun heating up - or little green men invading from outerspace. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arrival_(1996_film)

The fact is that we have had at least 8 ice-ages since life has been on this planet none of which have been caused by the sun, or (for the benefit of the disbelievers) secret American military personnel going back in time and driving tanks or flying helicopters around Egypt and persuading the Pharos to have pictures of them carved on the walls of the piramids. It appears, although the evidence is not complete, that the ice ages were caused by impacts by asteroids, errupting bassalt traps and other terrestrial upheavals. Minor events have occured at intervals of approximately 26 thousand years. These have produced minor ELE events.

Now it is true to say that every ice age was preceded by global warming, but these were not sudden events (with the exception of the asteroid impacts) and there is no proof that one cased the other. Most interglacial periods lasted a few thousand years, as did the galatial ones. The warm ages certainly were not all caused by human beings as we have only been on this planet for approximately 300,00 years in our present form, and around 5M years in other varieties thereof, from neanderthalers to australopithicus.

However, concerning the coming events, whether we heat up or cool down, which I have personally discussed with the late Fred Hoyle, Professor Nigel Holder and many others (I mention those 2 in particular as they were far more open minded and intellectually rounded than many of their peers, then and now.) in my opinion (for what it's worth) you should worry more about the rise in geological activity and both oceanic +sub-tundra gas releases (released by the rising temperatures) as these gasses will accelerate global warming far faster than anything the human race can achieve - short of setting off a few thousand hydrogen bombs.

The only thing you can do to mitigate the circumstances is reduce carbon based fuel use and massively increase forestation. If we fail to do this and let things run, the only real alternative is to place your head betrween yowr knees and........................

Thank you for posting. And yes we are in an Ice Age currently. By the way, an engineer told me the "put your head between your knees thing" just a few hours ago as he explained that we overdue for a magnetic pole flip. No, there is not a lot we can do. The tidal wave - would be more than 2 miles high and sweep across all of the U.S. Multiple eruptions along the plate edges and Hawaii would be toast in a few hours - would occur. The planet has always done this and you don't find dinosaurs or mastodons frozen standing up for no reason.

Some type of massive sun discharge deposited material on one side of the planets close in - this would have to happen over hours - not even time for them to have a "day". It is true on Mars - it is true on the moon.

I know that I am going to get static on this. Some people daring to question the global warming thing disappear.

C02 Myths on Global Warming

From Steward's book and our interview, here are Steward's top 10 global warming "myths."

Steward's Myth 1: The planet Earth will be healthier with lower CO2 levels.

He says: More CO 2 is needed to bolster plant life, which turns the gas into oxygen while also providing food. Steward's Myth 2: Rising CO2 levels cause temperatures to rise.

He says: Temperatures over time have fluctuated while CO 2 levels have remained steady. What's more, temperature increases have historically led increases in CO 2 levels. Steward's Myth 3: Sea levels will rise 20 feet by the end of the century.

He says: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts only a 17-inch rise, and "most climatologists predict a rise of only 7 or 8 inches." Steward's Myth 4: Scientists unanimously say that CO2 caused by humans is the dominant cause of global warming.

He says: Not so. "Many, many reputable scientists believe that natural factors overpower the current influence of CO 2 on global warming." Steward's Myth 5: The United States is the largest contributor of human-caused CO2.

He says: China, which has no CO 2 restrictions, has recently exceeded the United States. Plus, it is "opening a new coal-fired power plant every week, and its production of automobiles is growing at a much more rapid rate." Steward's Myth 6: Storms are more frequent and intense because of global warming.

He says: "According to the National Hurricane Center, storms are no more intense or frequent worldwide than they have been since 1850. Temperatures were high in the 1920s and 1930s when there was much less CO 2 in the atmosphere. Constant 24-7 media coverage of every significant storm worldwide just makes it seem that way. Insist on the facts, not just what some individuals or reporters say to support their cause." Steward's Myth 7: Polar bears will go extinct if this warm period continues through the 21st century.

He says: "A jawbone of a polar bear has been found that is 120,000 years old, a time during the previous interglacial when temperatures were 5 degrees Celsius warmer and sea level 19 feet higher than today. They adapted then; why not now?" Steward's Myth 8: CO2 is a pollutant.

He says: "CO 2 is a great airborne fertilizer, which, as its concentrations rise, causes additional plant growth and causes plants to need less water." Steward's Myth 9: As Earth warms, the climate will become much drier and windier.

He says: Ice cores prove the opposite. The colder times were both windier and drier. Steward's Myth 10: Higher levels of CO2 than the current 385 parts per million in the atmosphere are harmful to humans.

He says: The warning level of CO 2 in submarines isn't reached until the atmosphere has 8,000 parts per million of CO 2. So who is Steward? Below is the biography he supplied.

H. Leighton Steward

Leighton Steward is a geologist, environmentalist, author, and retired energy industry executive. He has written about the reasons for the loss of much of the Mississippi River Delta (Louisiana's national treasure) and has given advice on how the nation can achieve "no net loss" of wetlands in the future, advice that has been accepted by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers. He was lead author on a book about nutrition and health ( Sugar Busters) that gave advice on how to lose weight and prevent and or treat diabetes. The book became a No. 1 New York Times bestseller for 16 weeks and made a significant contribution to the changes that have occurred regarding the availability of no-sugar-added, higher fiber, and low-glycemic products in the supermarkets. More recently, Steward has written a book ( Fire, Ice and Paradise) that is an endeavor to educate the nonscientist about the many causes of global climate change so that readers will be better prepared to understand what they hear, see, and read about in the media and from the politicians. He has received numerous environmental awards, including the regional EPA Administrator's Award for environmental excellence. He is chairman of the board of the Institute for the Study of Earth and Man at Southern Methodist University, was chairman of the National Wetlands Coalition, and was twice chairman of the Audubon Nature Institute. He currently serves on the boards or boards of visitors of the M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, EOG Resources, the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, and the Southwest Research Institute and is an emeritus member of the Tulane University board. His current interest lies in helping to educate the public and politicians about the benefits of carbon dioxide (CO 2) as it relates to the plant and animal kingdoms and their related ecosystems and habitats and to the general health of humanity. Do you agree with Steward or with Al Gore? Weigh in below with your comments.

comment: This is only the tip of the Ice Age Iceberg...

Med
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 2:00pm
here here WillobyBrat ,

you do omit the Pandemic option,

as for an Ice Age ,

greenland is melting,

this could cause the "Global Conveyer" to stop .......

Image result for global conveyorenviroliteracy.org
The global ocean conveyor belt is a constantly moving system of deep-ocean circulation driven by temperature and salinity. The great ocean conveyor moves water around the globe. The ocean is not a still body of water.Jun 25, 2018
What is the global ocean conveyor belt?
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/conveyor.html
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.๐Ÿ––

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 3:25pm
Debunked is debunked, Med. You are as entitled to your beliefs as anyone, but I seriously disagree on the science. I read the fringe stuff too; Nexus is my favourite magazine. But reading this stuff is one thing, believing it another entirely.

As to the conveyor, it has already slowed. Mother nature however is a stubborn cow. Systems automatically descend towards equillibrium, all systems, even climate. If one source of heat transference fails, another will take over. Europe and the Eastern US may chill slightly for a decade or so, till the heat dam breaks, but this is unlikely to do more than buy us lucky ones a few extra years before baking with the rest.

There is (despite the mainstream view) a soupcon of a chance the system could flip into a galatial period, but no sensible person would bet on those odds.

You could be on to something with the magnetic pole flip. The top scientists are mostly guessing the next step for that one. All their projections for the destination of the pole year by year are way off, so the mathematical models must be flawed.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2019 at 2:33am

Marcus Aurelius
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2019 at 5:45am
My belief is we are on the verge of an Ice Age. Daily people are talking to me from Canada and in cities that are in bad shape from this. Even in the Sierras we save 8 feet of snow in 24 hours.

This is not a bunch of crazy people with conspiracy theories. The Gulf Stream is messed up and it has nothing to do with C02. We are seeing the effects of a solar cycle which is effecting the earth and I am following through with a book on this.

I will not be popular. Too many people have hitched their wagons to the global warming hysteria. What is keeping people alive in many of the hard hit areas if fossil fuel - coal and oil. Place where the wind is crazy and there is little sunlight cannot use clean energy - they must stay alive as well as using heat to keep work places going. We have save the whale people 30 years behind the time.

People will come out and write books soon copying my ideas and even the name of my book. I will get mine out in time and after all.. I am a decent author. Temperatures are dropping even here next to the ocean and we may see snow yet where there hasn't been snow in 50 years.
The Coming of the Ice Age - maybe a short one- 20 - 100 years but soon and it would shut down most of New England, Chicago, and the northern United States. It is happening.

Medclinician - J.B. Michaels - not if but when

(all of my posted videos will no longer play on AvianFluTalk for the first time in ten years)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EakURLxYow
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 7:47am
We are in one of the worst storms in California history and my friends in Canada are freezing. There is some reporting in the mainstream about savage snow which made Nancy Pelosi's plane have to return unable to land on the way to a funeral of the longest member of congress to ever serve. The Ice Age is coming. There is very little mention by the Global Warming messiahs as they try to take away our jets, our cars, and our fossil fuels which is now keeping many people alive northern America. The word vortex is now eliminated from most media reports.

[URL=https://usanewssite.com/world/lawmakers-honor-dingell-at-30k-feet-after-plane-turns-back/%5d%5d%5d]https://usanewssite.com/world/lawmakers-honor-dingell-at-30k-feet-after-plane-turns-back/%5d%5d][/URL]https://usanewssite.com/world/lawmakers-honor-dingell-at-30k-feet-after-plane-turns-back/

My cousin in Sierra, the skeptic of all skeptics and an engineer and CEO of a computer company said to me yesterday as snow continued to pile up outside "John, the ice age is here."

Stay tuned.

Medclinician - not if but when (Pandemic prediction 2008 of the 2009 Flu Pandemic)
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 10:15pm
meanwhile things are moving in the opposite direction:
Quote Less snow cover, shorter winters in Finland since 1960s
Finnish Meteorological Institute researchers said the reduction in snow cover was caused by global climate change and is likely to accelerate.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/less_snow_cover_shorter_winters_in_finland_since_1960s/10646324

Our children when they come to visit at Christmas time often miss out on the snow.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2019 at 4:05am
Currently we are having yet another unseasonably warm spell over here, all over Scandanavia and the summer heat in Australia is breaking records and hearts.

OK, so North America is having an unusually cold spell. It is simply the unlucky one at the moment. Over the whole world the trend is warmer. Hot air and hot water move faster. This creates vortices (eddy currents in a loop) and one of these dragged some cold air down from the Arctic onto the folks in the USA. It took heat up to the Arctic in exchange. To make the effects of this vortex worse, larger continental masses are more vulnerable to the effects of such things than islands and smaller land masses. The sea acts as an hot water bottle in winter and a cold one in summer.

'The Day After Tomorrow' was just a film, Med. There is a 'global warming can trigger an ice age' hypothesis around, but in scientific circles its accuracy is considered far less likely than a lottery win, it even raises a few sniggers. It does not qualify for the title of 'A Theory'; an hypothesis has to be widely accepted among scientists and/or intellectuals to be classed as one of those. This isn't! (I do buy a lottery ticket though when there is a double rollover or more, you never know.)

If you want to stop the extreme weather from increasing, join the climate change activists. It is probably too late to do anything now but it is worth a try.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2019 at 2:09pm

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2019 at 2:12pm

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2019 at 3:28pm
[To quote the last of those articles:]

Though Amoc may contribute to a slight dip in temperatures, he added this should not be seen as some kind of antidote for human-induced global warming.

"The most likely scenario is that the Northern Hemisphere and the UK will continue to warm," he said.

[They also mentioned how unlikely the cooling senario is.

In other words, there is a slight risk of a small localised cooling.

Physics and chemistry have revealed the three laws of thermodynamics (or four if you follow more recent stuff). The first law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. This is not a law you can appeal; it is absolute. The energy from the sun is absorbed by the Earth and radiated out into space again. The only things that can change the amount of heat here on Earth, are increasing or decreasing absorbtion of solar radiation, or increasing or decreasing the loss of heat into space (as we are not able to influence the sun - yet). CO2 is a very efficient blanket. Heat in = heat out, means equillibrium. Heat in > heat out, means temperature increase.

All other effects (like the polar vortices) are simply local phenomena.]
Yeung View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2019 at 3:56am

Wasn't the Earth warmer 2 degrees on average a mere 100 years ago by the way?

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2019 at 11:18am
No.

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures have warmed roughly 1.33ยฐF (0.74ยบC) over the last century, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (see page 2 of the IPCC's Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report Summary for Policymakers (PDF)). More than half of this warmingโ€”about 0.72ยฐF (0.4ยฐC)โ€”has occurred since 1979. Because oceans tend to warm and cool more slowly than land areas, continents have warmed the most (about 1.26ยฐF or 0.7ยบC since 1979), especially over the Northern Hemisphere.

Source:   https://globalclimate.ucr.edu/resources.html#q3
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2019 at 11:35am
In fact, the whole site at https://globalclimate.ucr.edu/index.html, which is a colaboration between NASA and the University of California, is well worth a visit.

Pertinent to this whole thread, it debunks several myths about climate change such as:

The difference between climate and weather: https://globalclimate.ucr.edu/resources.html#q1 which seems to be completely misunderstood on this thread,

The fact that the majority of scientists accept man-made-global-warming as a fact and only debate a few fine details:   https://globalclimate.ucr.edu/resources.html#q8 also either ignored or disbelieved on this thread,

'And, of course, The whole explanation of the way it happens: https://globalclimate.ucr.edu/resources.html#q2. No one is guilty of having a poor education; the only guilt comes from not trying to rectify that situation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NASA has some more information for the interested here: https://climate.nasa.gov/effects/ but even though that is fascinating, it does not explain the connection between climate change and the recent polar vortex.

So, here is another scientifically respected site to explain things:   https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180112091209.htm

Belief is irrelevant, this is scientific consensus. True, the cutting edge of science can sometimes be found in the fringe, but for every Tessla there are a thousand reincarnations of Napoleon. Most real science just plods slowly along.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2019 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Yeung Yeung wrote:

Wasn't the Earth warmer 2 degrees on average a mere 100 years ago by the way?

No links to articles to back that up?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2019 at 3:39am
Originally posted by WillobyBrat WillobyBrat wrote:

...The only thing you can do to mitigate the circumstances is reduce carbon based fuel use and massively increase forestation...

Exactly. We keep hearing of emerging technologies that might be able to sequester atmospheric CO2, and everyone's still missing the point - we already have trees that will do just that. How do people think carbon ended up in the ground in the first place?

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2019 at 4:04am
Steward is hardly the guy I'd go to for environmental advice. He's one of a number of crazies that are trying to promote rising CO2 levels as a good thing. Here's his resume, by the way,

Chief exploration operations, Shell Oil Corporation, Houston, 1977-1979; vice president energy and minerals, Burlington Northern Inc., Billings, Montana, 1979-1981; executive vice president, chief operations office, Kilroy Company of Texas, Houston, 1981-1982; senior vice president, then executive vice president, Louisiana Land & Exploration Company, New Orleans, 1982-1984; president, chief operating officer, Louisiana Land & Exploration Company, New Orleans, 1984-1988; chairman Chief Executive Officer, Louisiana Land & Exploration Company, New Orleans, since 1989. Chairman LL&E Petroleum Marketing Inc., LL&E Pipeline Corporation, LL&E (United Kingdom) Inc.

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2019 at 4:18am
To all....I am enjoying reading every post, thank you!

I recently moved from the Chicago, Illinois USA region to Arizona. When we left Chicago, the temperature the night before we left was -23ยบF (-30ยบC), which was a record for my own suburb of Aurora, Illinois! Parts of Illinois were colder than Point Barrow, Alaska or regions of the Antarctic!   It was grim moving.

One thing that throws everyone off is the sheer scale of the situation....we are dealing with a planetary scale, something that we rarely have to deal with in our everyday lives. Earth is impacted by our own dumping of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere (yes, they trap heat and no, they are NOT good "plant food"). This is compounded by a lull in solar activity, which has been linked in the past to minima such as the Maunder Minimum.

What the heck is going on? There are a number of factors that combined, result in what we now call "climate disruption" -

a) the planet is still coming out of its previous major ice age, which takes millennia. Chicago used to be covered by over 1 mile of ice sheet, which is a staggering thought....our Great Lakes in the USA (Michigan, Superior etc.) are the result of the retreat of this massive ice sheet.

b) our planet is impacted by cosmic radiation, which causes cloud nuclei to form and results in cloudier skies. Clouds are extremely complex and hard to model - they both reflect sunlight as albedo, cooling the planet, but can also trap heat. The Danish astronomer Svensmark has written about "the chilling stars," please seek these readings out online, they are very controversial but fascinating reading!

c) There is a theory called "Milankovitch cycles" which states that long-term climate change is partly the result of orbital variation of the Earth in relation to the sun. Please see: http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/student/howard2/theory.htm

d) On top of all of this, the Earth's position in the galaxy may be a factor!! Our solar system moves throughout our galaxy (Milky Way), and this causes variation in the amount of cosmic radiation impacting out atmosphere, resulting in variation in cloudiness (Svensmark).   However, it is a controversial (and fascinating) theory: https://physicsworld.com/a/galactic-link-to-climate-change-in-doubt/

SUMMARY: We are dealing with a massive planetary system, going through many changes on a relatively short time frame. There is some regional heating and cooling observed, but overall, the mean temperature of the planet notches upward ever higher. There are some winners and losers in a global warming scenario, but overall, it appears that many/most of us will be losers.

Greetings from "warm and sunny" Arizona USA!!

https://kvoa.com/weather/2019/02/21/storm-of-the-century-historic-snowfall-in-the-cards-for-mount-lemmon/

TUCSON โ€“ A strong area of low-pressure west of Las Vegas will slide to the southeast Thursday evening and hammer southeastern Arizona with a heavy dose of winter.

http://academic.emporia.edu/aberjame/student/howard2/theory.htm

https://physicsworld.com/a/galactic-link-to-climate-change-in-doubt/

https://kvoa.com/weather/2019/02/21/storm-of-the-century-historic-snowfall-in-the-cards-for-mount-lemmon/
CRS, DrPH
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2019 at 6:52am
Thanks Chuck! You reminded me of one of the points I meant to make before; I must be getting senile.

CO2 as 'plant food'

CO2 is a waste product of respiration (breathing) which ALL life does, from the smallest bacterium to the giant blue whale. Even those life forms which do not use oxygen (like yeast) produce it (that is why the 'home brew' bubbles). Too much poisons and kills ALL life.

When they are photosynthesising, plants use CO2 and release oxygen. But they do not release all the oxygen made, or get all their CO2 from the atmosphere; some of it comes from their own respiration. In the dark there is only respiration, because CO2 is a poison to them too. That is why you get tree die-offs around hot springs with CO2 vents.

All plants except unicellular ones breathe through tiny pores on their leaves called stomatophores. They use these to take in CO2 in sunlight too. As CO2 levels rise, plants cut down the number of these pores on each leaf, BECAUSE OTHERWISE THE RAISED CO2 LEVELS WOULD SICKEN OR KILL THEM. This can actually SLOW DOWN photosynthesis.

Some CO2 is necessary, too much is very bad. Many plant species are already showing a significant statistical reduction in the number of stomatophores per leaf.

So, even if you insist on misunderstanding CO2 as a food, they are dying from gluttonus indegestion already.

My silviculturist Hubby informs me that this poisoning weakens the plant (especially if it is a tree) and can make them vulnerable to other attacks like fungi and insects. This is happening now and worsening. Beech trees are particularily vulnerable as are olives and elms. The last of those species are now critically endangered; when I was a child, they were common.
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 2:40pm
The recent polar vortex we've been experiencing is precisely because of global warming. It's believed that unusually high temperatures in the arctic have allowed areas of ocean that were normally covered by sea ice to release stored energy, disrupting the localized rotational flow of cold stratospheric air and driving it much further south than normal. It's not an indicator of an impending ice age - it's the result of a warming climate, initially driven by out of control CO2 emissions, and now augmented by water vapor and methane.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 2:55pm
'And it has its winners too:

The temperature here in February is usually anywhere from -5*C to -25*C. Today it was +14*C
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 3:03pm
We've had horrible weather in San Diego - a stretch of the 8 freeway a few miles east was actually closed because of black ice and snow, which is unheard of here. We even had a few hail storms a few days ago - enough to leave a layer on the ground that made walking tricky, and big enough to hurt
For the first time since I moved here 27 years ago, I have views of the local mountains covered with snow on my morning commute. And we've had so much rain in the past few weeks that severely drought stricken areas are already approaching normal annual rainfall. On the plus side, the desert is blooming, and we finally have clear blue skies today. Still awful chilly at night, but at least it's dry.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2019 at 3:51pm
Look on the bright side. The cold kills all sorts of nasties: biting, stinging and food-crop eating ones.
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medclinician Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 8:12am

The Coming of the Ice Age by J.B. Michaels

For years I have been posting about the complete inaccuracy of the mythological global warming which would make it warmer in the U.S. and Europe. This is false. The melting of the Ice caps has diluted our Gulf Stream lessening the warming effect it has upon America and Europe. Also the Sun's activity is at an all time low - ever more so then its normal cycles - which are bringing about a period of cold which may last a hundred years.

The reason we are no longer in agreements which would not even effect China or many of the major producers of C02 is that a rise in C02 is actually causing plants to thrive and whatever measure we took would only effect the climate by a few degrees for centuries.

A mini-ice age is coming - and my friends in Canada daily tell me it has never been this bad in their life - with temperatures continuing to drop. They must heat their car motors for them even to start and we are seeing a devastating effect in the Great Lakes and East as Ice Tsunamis hit.

Of course it is beyond crazy to call for an end of the use of fossil fuels. For the first time in years, the U.S. is a major, the major exporter of oil, and as we are hit with this, it is coal that is keeping many people alive. Get a clue. Many politicians are only interested in power, and could care less about racism, sexual preference, violence, poverty,or real issues - especially climate. Cold is like a virus - it doesn't care who it hurts, how it shuts down airports or ruins the cell ability of electric cars like Tesla. Jack Webb, Dragnet said "Just the facts, ma'am." The modern techno and economy illiterate newbie congress people now say "don't confuse me with the facts. I just go by my feelings - reality be damned. If it feels good - do it and if it feels bad destroy it." So most of our national holidays have been ruined and most of the ideas and morality American was based on destroyed. And God - is an embarrassing word they still can't get off our money, the family and the institution of marriage, failing. The road to socialism would lead to economic chaos and America, finally to the joy of our enemies and billionaires financing a revolution, would become Third World and never be great again.

John Bell - Medclinician - "not if, but when"

It is snowing in Hawaii

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:37pm
so adding 5.5 billion people to this planet over the last 150 years,

plus adding all the CO2 from Cars ,Boats and Planes

that has been stored for billions of years,in the form of COAL, OIL and GAS

has done Nothing to alter the the chemical balance of this planet,

you have to have your chemical balances in your Head checked to believe that this hasnt had an effect on this planet,

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi7u_Db6NfgAhUCcCsKHaiYA2gQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fglobalchange.uw.edu%2Fclimate-change-and-health%2F&psig=AOvVaw32uVR0SgF-10lPIPQ_VnEQ&ust=1551216104944992

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:43pm
Beyond crazy is confusing local with global, weather with climate and science with faith.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just a woman after all. (I have a science background and an IQ in the top 2 or 3% of the world's population. I confess my science training was not in climate, but the physical chemistry tallies with current climate models, as does the mathematical modelling.)

I know the US is experiencing exceptionally cold weather at the moment, but the US is only 9.834 million square kilometers in area: whereas the earth's surgace is 510.1 million square kilometers in area. That means that the US is just under 1.93% of the Earth's surface. The local cold is very nasty but hardly proof of Global cooling.

Over here and across Scandanavia we are breaking temperature records for February, as is Australia, The poles are even more unusually warm.

Beyond crazy also describes Trump's total lack of scientific acceptance. Sadly, he will probably have finished his term(s) before this one comes back to haunt you.

The world is in big trouble, but with rising temperatures not falling ones. It is probably too late to stop it now but we have to try, or die before trying. I want my children to have a future.

This might be a hazard encountered by all technological civilizations. That would explain why, despite the Drake equations, CETI has only heard one signal and that unrepeated.

Quoted References:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=us+land+area,
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=earth%27s+surface+area,
https://www.accuweather.com/en/aq/amundsen-scott-south-pole-station/2258520/february-weather/2258520
and https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/north-pole-ak/99705/february-weather/336714
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:46pm
so far we here in Perth have had the MILDEST summer i can remember in the 30 years i have been here,

the rest of Australia has had and is still having Drought,Floods, Extreme heat,

my brother in law in Queensland is having to have Water carried in to fill his water tank ,No rain.......

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:51pm
a lesson in Coal production......

Coal was Made........

300 million years ago
Most of the coal we use now was formed about 300 million years ago, when much of the earth was covered by steamy swamps. As plants and trees died, their remains sank to the bottom of the swampy areas, making layers and layers of plant material and eventually forming a soggy, thick material called PEAT.

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:54pm
a lesson in Oil production.....

Crude oil was made over millions of years from tiny plants and animals, called plankton. The plankton on the left would form oil in about 150 million years time if the sea bed is not disturbed. The plankton that lived in the Jurassic period made our crude oil. This was the time of the dinosaurs.
Origins of oil - School Science
resources.schoolscience.co.uk/ExxonMobil/infobank/4/origin.html

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:56pm
a lesson in Gas production.....

How long does it take for natural gas to form?
Like oil, natural gas is a product of decomposed organic matter, typically from ancient marine microorganisms, deposited over the past 550 million years.

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 1:58pm
and we are burning this "STUFF "

OVERNIGHT .......

IN GEOLOGICAL TERMS..................

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 2:08pm
In a word, Carbon, INSANITY, but not as nuts as ignoiring the science. Using the fossil stuff when we did not know what it was doing made sense. Refusing to believe the science does not.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 4:11pm
Imagine the Earth as a spaceship with it's exhaust system plugged into the Air supply.....

Coz that's what we have, We need to vent the CO2 into Space.....

Marcus Aurelius
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 7:21pm
SBS News: Evidence for man-made global warming hits 'gold standard' according to scientists.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/evidence-for-man-made-global-warming-hits-gold-standard-according-to-scientists

Marcus Aurelius
Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2019 at 9:43pm
Oh-I get so tired of this....here in the Netherlands today we may get close to 20C-65F-in february ! All longer term statistics indicate the opposite of an ice-age !

In geological terms we most likely could expect a "colder period" wich makes the fact that we do not have that "cold" even (far) worse !

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Wutip-Hits-160-mph-First-Category-5-Typhoon-Ever-Recorded-February

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217739033325082&set=a.1873759521225&type=3&theater
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2019 at 5:14am

Marcus Aurelius
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2019 at 5:55am
Oh and another thing, Med, no one is suggesting that the people experiencing a big freeze have to stop heating their homes. How stupid do you think we are?* The suggestion is that over a few years the METHOD of heating their houses needs to change.

The alternative is more of the same and worse too.

โ˜
                                                                                       ::
                                                                                       ::
*Oh I forgot, I am female my brain must overheat.   ((()))
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic