Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

2nd Flu shot - Event Date: January 12 2019 - January 20 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Should over 65 take a second flu shot 6 mos after 1st shot.
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [50.00%]
1 [50.00%]

Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2nd Flu shot
    Posted: January 12 2019 at 6:43pm
took this off sticky
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2019 at 4:21am
I can't see it doing you any harm.

The flu season will be ending by then, so you could probably save the cash - unless there is a local spike in cases around then or you have to do lots of meet-and-greet.

The vaccine's effects do tail off, but you will still have some protection left. I think you are sufficiently well informed to make the best choice. I am unlikely to have as much local info to mix with the medicine.
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2019 at 4:23am
My answer to the poll is: "Sometines - in bad flu years."
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2019 at 1:20pm
I've heard it was good to do. I am considering the same.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2019 at 3:04pm
[I just voted 'yes', here's why:]

Flu may have peaked, but experts eye jump in nastier strain

Last week, about 60 percent of the flu virus samples tested were the more troublesome strain, known as Type A H3N2.

Uncertainty about what kind of H3N2 will be spreading later this year recently led the World Health Organization to postpone its decision on which strains should go into the flu vaccine for next season.

Last season, an estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications, the disease’s highest death toll in at least four decades. In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to 56,000, according to the CDC.

CDC officials estimate there have been somewhere around 20,000 to 30,000 flu-related deaths so far this winter.

They also think there have been around 300,000 flu-related hospitalizations and around 25 million flu illnesses.

Source:   Associated Press https://www.apnews.com/d11e713ca98749219126f6cf4fbf2f43
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 1:15pm
I was just at the doctor today with an upper respiratory infection and I asked about the flu and they said they were still seeing a lot of flu in our area.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic