Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

WEBCAST: March 20, 1pm Feds on B.F.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven.- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEBCAST: March 20, 1pm Feds on B.F.
    Posted: March 18 2006 at 4:51am

Just saw gov warning on channel 4 News (NYC). 7:30AM

It was recommended that we go to web site pandemicflu.gov to see their list for individuals and familys to prep.

Looks like one of our list for sure!

No mention of tuna and powdered milk here- they give the full list.

They are trying to soften it by saying, that to have these things on hand is always a good thing, you know any disaster can happen and you would need them... etc. But the message is clear.

Seems in the Presidents letter to business that they are fearing what we here on the boards have been saying all along, that commerce will be drastically interupted.

We are headed for it.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 4:53am
Sven thank you so much for the update..but I cannot click onto the link
you have so graciously provided....and Welcome aboard...

------------

Sven, thanks very much, Rick

Upcoming

Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns, Secretary of Health & Human Services,
Mike Leavitt, and Secretary of the Interior, Gale Norton, will discuss
preparations for avian influenza in the U.S.

The briefing will include details of the expanded migratory bird
monitoring system, and an update on response plans in the event of an
outbreak among domestic birds. Secretary Leavitt will discuss public
health preparedness.

When:
Monday, March 20, 2006 1:00 p.m. EST

The event will also be available via live web cast from the
PandemicFlu.gov Web site.

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/

Sven.- View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven.- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 4:55am

Sorry, no it is not a link, I just highlighted it so everyone could see it better, just type it in.

Thanks for the welcome!

Sven.-
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 4:56am
okie dokie...and thank you and your very welcome....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 4:57am

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/

lol...took me a few tries this morning I was having a hard time spelling pandemic... but here is the URL...

daddog36 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddog36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 7:29am
I heard 1 person say in their Post out of Atlanta the radio told them to go to www.ready.gov.
daddog36
Gwyphn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyphn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 7:31am
Shouldn't this be posted at every grocery store in the US? Just a thought. Really if they are trying to get the message out they are doing a p*ss poor job of it.
For generations we have lived not wisely but too well. Now we must pay.
Pebbles View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pebbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 8:28am
Gwyphn, I totally agree with you.  I was in Smart and Final yesterday looking at the dried beans.  There was a man looking at the same thing and we got to talking.  I asked him if he was prepping and he said yes, for his daughter's wedding.  He asked what I was talking about so I told him.  He had a look of horror on his face, told me he worked at a hospital and wondered why he knew nothing about this.  It's just very sad that so many people are not informed.
Blackbird singing in the dead of the night. Take these broken wings and learn to fly. All my life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Mr Silkman View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Silkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:04am
I feel that if the federal, and/or the state government is/are getting serious about having people prepare, the message to do so will gradually be ramped up.  If I see that, happening, it will be a greater barometer to me of the seriousness of the pandemic coming soon than waiting for WHO to raise their level to 5.
Mr Silkman
Terri View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 10:54am

"... told me he worked at a hospital and wondered why he knew nothing about this.  It's just very sad that so many people are not informed.
guess the hospital...."

I guess the hospitals don't want to frightened their employees into seeking other employment. My nephew is serving in the Navy as a corpman- did three tours in the Middle East and is now in the states- he had not even heard of bird flu. But,I'm sure the military will be called upon to enforce quarantines, treat the ill and bag the bodies when the time comes.

stardust View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 11:25am

This is going to be survival of the fittest. Just like in nature.

"Prepping is Power"!
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 12:54pm
Don't forget in your handout this site...they can get lots of good info here.
Angel
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by stardust stardust wrote:

This is going to be survival of the fittest. Just like in nature.

Last night I polled five people about emergency preparedness regarding natural disasters and Avian Flu. I handed each of them a short-basic prep list. I asked them if they’d be interested in receiving this type of information. All five said yes. Four out five did not know much about the Avian Flu. None had any preps. All asked if they could keep the preliminary list. I will try and complete a handout this week. I am encouraged that people were interested and willing to comment favorable. I will include the above recommended site. http://www.pandemicflu.gov/

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 1:03pm
Goverment seems more sure its going to happen now.What happend to change there mind so fast?
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 1:21pm

The people I have spoken to seemed more interested in BF when I told them to start prepping a week or 2 ago. I asked them just yesterday,"so what have you gotten so far?" and guess what the answer was......

"Oh, I haven't started doing that yet. What's the rush?"

A friend of my husband's asked (me) for a list of what he should be getting and so I e-mailed him one of MY lists (not like the gov.'s "weekender's" prep list) and the person was completely overwhelmed and just didn't know where to start. So, I guess the general public will need to be force fed this information in baby steps and hopefully they will have enough time to make enough headway to make a difference. I am having serious doubts about it though.

Follow up with your prep students and see if you can make out any better than I did. Good Luck!

"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 1:30pm
sometimes it is easier to play an ostrich..then it is an eagle
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 1:40pm
sad, but true. Just not in my nature. :>{
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 2:36pm

Originally posted by fritz fritz wrote:

sad, but true. Just not in my nature. :>{

fritz you have a nature????

Thomas Angel View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by GrayWolf GrayWolf wrote:

Goverment seems more sure its going to happen now.What happend to change there mind so fast?
They know more than they are telling, that's what is influencing them.
I LIKE SCARY RIDES
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 2:38pm
oh pooh..Thomas sorry push shove excuse me..oh op let me through dang my post bumped ahead of yours again... please forgive me were are my manners
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 5:16pm

At least you are getting messages on the TV radio and in the news.

In the UK there is silence total silence.... Nothing about bird flu at all.

I am putting the word out best I can.

Have a few preppers on board.

Helping those without transport ETC. Best I can do at the moment.

fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 6:14pm

LOL, ok so it's not my nature either!!! thanks for letting me clear that up muskrat!!

go ahead, make fun of the freaked out yankee chick!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 8:36pm
Hey it looks like their site has taken shape. They are not going to get
criticised this time by having no 'instructions'. If it all goes pear-shaped they
can point at the site and say 'we did warn you'!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Thomas Angel Thomas Angel wrote:

Originally posted by GrayWolf GrayWolf wrote:

They know more than they are telling, that's what is influencing them.

Exactly.  Remember, President Bush mentioned, in OCTOBER, suspending Posse Commitatus due to the Avian Flu.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic