Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Publix Supermarket Prepping Openly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicheeRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Publix Supermarket Prepping Openly
    Posted: March 19 2006 at 9:20am

I went to Publix this morning to buy some groceries, and a few preps, and when checking out, I noticed that the girl at the checkout pulled out an antibacterial wipe and wiped her hands before and after our transaction.

Then, as I was leaving, I looked at the other register areas, and all of the other checkers were doing the same thing.

I about had a cow when I saw this!

What a BOLD move!  The implications for these actions are immense:

-- They care about the health of their employees (or, they want it to look that way)

-- They care about the health of the general public (or, they want it look that way)

-- They are getting pressure about prepping from somewhere, perhaps from upper management, (or perhaps it's just something our particular store manager decided to do)

-- If they are thinking about BF, then perhaps they will stockpile extra stuff on our behalf.

-- As more businesses follow suit, WE CAN COME OUT OF THE CLOSET and talk openly about BF with other people, without appearing kooky.

-- The person checking out your groceries is less likely to look at you funny when you purchase large quantities of strange items, you know, like those crazy survivalists might buy.

-- Publix is now ONE step away from having their employees wear protective masks. Once we get used to the hand-wiping, it would be a smaller step in the eyes of their customers.

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED A GROCERY CHAIN DOING THIS, OR A PUBLIX STORE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA ????

Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 9:22am

I've noticed that the local stores are starting to carry wipes for the carts, but I haven't seen any checkout people using wipes.  At least they are training people well in your area.

I've been careful not to buy a lot of dried foods from any one place.  Buy some stuff from one store, then a couple of days later, go to another store.  Plus if one store has a recall, you don't have to throw out everything.

If grocery stores notice that staples like rice, pasta, beans and flour are getting to be popular, perhaps they will stock more.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 9:56am
Stock more - and/or increase the prices!
RicheeRich View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicheeRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 10:17am
Good thought, I might track certain prices and see if they start gouging.
Angel View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 10:20am
Be watchful of the shopping carts once H5N1 is in the US.  I've noticed birds perched on the carts when they are in the outside corral.  Also, bird poop on the carts.  They need to come up with a system that once a person places their groceries inside there car the cart goes back into the store.  
Angel
omega View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Amethyst Amethyst wrote:

I've noticed that the local stores are starting to carry wipes for the carts, but I haven't seen any checkout people using wipes.  At least they are training people well in your area.

I've been careful not to buy a lot of dried foods from any one place.  Buy some stuff from one store, then a couple of days later, go to another store.  Plus if one store has a recall, you don't have to throw out everything.

If grocery stores notice that staples like rice, pasta, beans and flour are getting to be popular, perhaps they will stock more.

Yes, like you, I buy only small quantities, but I buy frequently, and go to several stores -- mainly because like you, I worry about having a RECALL on my survival supplies.

I have noticed, over the last two weeks, that MANY more trial-sized items are being stocked by my stores and I was surprised to see that BOUNTY now has a product called, "Bounty TO GO" which is a small roll of 22 paper towels in its own small plastic case - no tube, so it's quite compact. The price, however, is NOT. Two DOLLARS for 22 paper towels!! LOL

I'm seeing a much larger number of different canned beans and dried foods on the supermarket shelves -- so I presume that the government MUST have gone to the major manufacturers......
asatrape View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asatrape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 11:53am
There was a talk radio show I was listening to earlier this week and they were talking about unsanitary surfaces.  Grocery store carts were the #1 dirtiest object containing the most bacterial than any other item tested... and they tested all kinds of stuff.  If you carry antibacterial wipes with you, you may want to give the cart handle a good going over if this thing actually starts to happen..... and don't let your toddlers chew on them... yuk!
pola33193 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pola33193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:14pm
Publix is setting up  huge generators for all their stores in Florida , supposedly for hurricane season .
pola
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:26pm
When I go to the store I'm always checking out the other shoppers to see
if perhaps they are "preppers" but really haven't seen any until I went to
Costco last week. A man had a HUGE amount of food and supplies and
the cashier asked who all the food was for. He said "me". I wanted to ask
him about it but I was on the other side of the line. I will bring wipes with
me next time for the carts. Good advice.
peace
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:30pm
Pola really? When? -Kev
pola33193 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pola33193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:37pm

stormriderfla  , here is some information

Publix Purchases Generators as Part of Business Recovery Plan

LAKELAND, Fla., March 13, 2006 – Publix Super Markets plans to install 400 stationary and mobile generators to hurricane-prone store locations as well as 175 quick-connecting docking stations to stores in lower-probability hurricane areas.

The installs, currently in progress, focus on stores in the southeast and southwest coasts of Florida, the Florida panhandle, coastal Georgia and South Carolina and will occur in two waves: Wave one, to be completed by July 1, 2006, encompasses approximately 1/3 of the generators, and wave two is anticipated to conclude in July 2007. This massive generator project is expected to protect Publix stores in approximately 575 communities at an estimated investment of $100 million.  

"The time to reinvest in our communities is now," said Maria Brous, Publix director of media and community relations. "Our customers depend on Publix to be open and operational directly following a hurricane. While we all know we should be prepared for the first 72 hours following a storm, the ability to provide fundamental, basic needs to the communities we serve is essential. We are grateful to our partners in Miami-Dade County for their commitment to the citizens and communities of Miami-Dade in their efforts to expedite the permitting process for the generators. In the upcoming weeks, we will be working to secure similar commitments from our partners in other municipal and county government offices. Our ability to meet our projected timelines is dependent upon our partners in local government."

"The private sector is an important element of Florida's State Emergency Response Team, and I applaud Publix's leadership as we work to instill a 'culture of preparedness' in Florida," said Governor Jeb Bush. "As we prepare for the 2006 Hurricane Season, I urge local officials across Florida to expedite permitting processes for generators, enabling businesses to better serve the needs of their customers while alleviating dependence on state and federal resources."

The permanent generators are 500 kW generators supplied by PowerSecure. They have automated turn-on sensors and contain a double-lined fuel tank, with a bi-fuel option, that holds 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel. The mobile generators are trailer mounted and will be transported by Publix tractors. They have a self-contained, double-lined fuel tank that holds 860 gallons of diesel fuel. Publix stores in lower-probability hurricane areas will be pre-wired with quick-connects.

pola
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 12:54pm

Originally posted by crystal crystal wrote:

When I go to the store I'm always checking out the other shoppers to see if perhaps they are "preppers" but really haven't seen any until I went to Costco last week. A man had a HUGE amount of food and supplies and the cashier asked who all the food was for. He said "me". I wanted to ask him about it but I was on the other side of the line. I will bring wipes with me next time for the carts. Good advice.

Hmm.  If someone asked me and they were a total stranger, I'd just say it was for a planned camping trip later this spring or something.  I personally wouldn't say "the bird flu." 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:06pm
I always tell them I have 4 kids what do you expect... 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:19pm
Cashier said "Don't tell me - its for a Bed and Breakfast?  I just said "youve guessed".
stardust View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:51pm

I'm embarrased to admit this. I went to Costco yesterday to help a friend with first time preps. Anyway, you know how they have samples of stuff to eat? After the second sample, I realized that I had been pushing the cart and then the food sample. Yuck!!!!!!! No more samples for me at the stores.

"Prepping is Power"!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 2:04pm
I tell people it for a block party.  I noticed my neighborhood grocery store is set up fro prepers water, juice canned beans and stew and fruit   soup  and speg sauce  and peanut butter crackers jam all on the center aisle and all on half price .  they normally have a dolor sale but this has been for a month. No one says anything about me buying a case of soup At time.  I t s kind of creepy the way none of the staff say anything about it .  I asked how come the sale is still on and the comment was they have a surplus of this at the warehouse 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Muskrat Muskrat wrote:

I always tell them I have 4 kids what do you expect...  

Originally posted by Beth Beth wrote:

Cashier said "Don't tell me - its for a Bed and Breakfast?  I just said "youve guessed".

Originally posted by RBARNES55 RBARNES55 wrote:

I tell people it for a block party

No one says anything about me buying a case of soup At time.  I t s kind of creepy the way none of the staff say anything about it .  I asked how come the sale is still on and the comment was they have a surplus of this at the warehouse.

Hmm.  If someone asked me and they were a total stranger, I'd just say it was for a planned camping trip later this spring or something.  I personally wouldn't say "the bird flu."

Why not just tell them it's for the bird flu?

It makes sense that the store would have a surplus. 

Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:26pm

Honestly, I don't want my neighbors thinking I'm "kooky". 

Also, if the situation with a pandemic were to get really bad, they'd come to my door asking for supplies.  Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy to help them, but not if there is a pandemic going on.  Plus, for safety reasons, I don't want them coming to my door if the situation is really bad because they might be carrying the virus and not showing any symptoms. 

TJ108 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 3:45pm
I believe grocery store chain executives are already very aware of bird flu and the threat of a pandemic. When the government is saying to stock up on powered milk and tuna I am sure that perks up their ears. Just like everything else it will probably take some time to adjust their inventories and suppliers but within the next couple of months you will be seeing "stock up specials" openly advertised.

I was at my favorite stock up store today (Aldi's), two people had overflowing grocery carts but I know they were not prepping, just the next two weeks worth of groceries. I know there are millions of others like them who will have  a week or two worth of grocerys on hand but will continue to be oblivious to what is going on around them.
crystal View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 4:23pm
I noticed at Costco there were a lot of surgical gloves on one shelf and
quite a few boxes were gone. First of all I've never noticed the gloves
there before but maybe because I was oblivious to them. Maybe now I'm
being a little nit picky - looking for too many clues to preppers!
peace
Tansau View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tansau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 4:49pm
Publix here has added masks to their first aid section for the first time. Not
N95, just standard dust-type health masks, but interesting to see
nontheless. Full range of gloves as well.
Kirby View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 7:09pm
I noticed the local CVS pharmacy also had surgical-type masks.   Never noticed them there before, either.
grey_whiskers View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey_whiskers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 7:21pm
To: Tansau, Kirby.
I was at a local Walgreens, and a local Safeway today doing prep.
Both of them were now stocking masks (particulate, not N95 that I could see), and gloves.

So maybe they are getting inquiries from customers about this?

The opinions are solely those of the author and are subject to change without notice.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 7:41pm

Honestly, I don't want my neighbors thinking I'm "kooky". 

Also, if the situation with a pandemic were to get really bad, they'd come to my door asking for supplies.  Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy to help them, but not if there is a pandemic going on.  Plus, for safety reasons, I don't want them coming to my door if the situation is really bad because they might be carrying the virus and not showing any symptoms. 

I've told everyone I know about my concerns regarding the BF. I think it is the right thing to do. If people want to think that I'm crazy, it's their problem.

I can understand your concern about others possibly carrying the virus and coming to your door. 

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicheeRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:15am
I think that as more and more businesses start to deal with this thing openly, it will become much easier for us to talk to others about it.

So far, I never volunteer information about stockpiles that I have, but once a great number of people are prepping, the secrecy probably won't be necessary anymore.

Also, the high visibility of what Publix is doing should provide a support mechanism for people who haven't started prepping yet because they feared being called "kooky".
araywood View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote araywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:32am
I was at sam ash the music store. The cashier was wearing rubber gloves..   (florida)
sheilad1 View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheilad1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:40am
I don't think Publix is prepping for the flu.  Hurricanes have had serious effects on Floridians and Publix is installing generators for hurricanes, not the flu.   My friends who have done nothing about BF prepping, do a good deal of hurricane prepping.
As far as the wipes go - Publix has been following the Whole Foods lead (Whole Foods have had wipes for years) by installing wipes for shoppers to use on the carts and to wipe down the check out area.  Many of us have been using wipes and Purell as a normal precaution against germs in general, not for the BF.  We have kept a bottle of generic Purell in every room for at least 2+ years now.  I also always have one in my purse at all times.  There are lots of bacteria out there, in addition to H5N1, that I am not interested in introducing into my body.

-Sheila

Kirby View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 10:57am
 I had a lady at Walmart look at my preps when I checked out and said, "Gosh, ma'am, do you run a store?"  I just said, "No, I'm buying a beach house!"  Problem is I live 3 hours from the coast.....LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 11:00am
I didn't know you could get gloves at Costco I will go there this friday nite. I hope there is still some left.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by RicheeRich RicheeRich wrote:

I went to Publix this morning to buy some groceries, and a few preps, and when checking out, I noticed that the girl at the checkout pulled out an antibacterial wipe and wiped her hands before and after our transaction.

Then, as I was leaving, I looked at the other register areas, and all of the other checkers were doing the same thing.

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED A GROCERY CHAIN DOING THIS, OR A PUBLIX STORE LOCATED OUTSIDE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA ????

I'm in that general area and have not noticed any checkers wiping their hands (this past Saturday was the latest I was in a store here).  All the stores do have the wipes by the grocery carts when you enter the store, however.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 1:47pm
You guys might want to read the following analysis by the food industry:

Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Femvet Femvet wrote:

I can't get to that link for some reason, nor can I find anything about avian flu on the main site.  Do you have another link?
TJ108 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:02pm

Originally posted by Femvet Femvet wrote:

I can't get to that link for some reason, nor can I find anything about avian flu on the main site.  Do you have another link?

www.amrresearch.com/avianflu/H5N1PotentialImpact.pdf

I changed the dashes to slashes and it works. This is an excellent article outlining the grocery execs where thinking last year! MUST READ!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 5:05pm
 I can't get it yet. Thumbs Down
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 6:38pm
I still can't get to it.  I have the latest and greatest version of Adobe Acrobat, too.

Edit:  I think the problem is that you have the site typed right but the url part isn't right, because when you click on it, it still goes to the wrong url.  Copying and pasting the text works, though.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicheeRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 4:50am
lil View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:17am
I am also in the central florida area and haven't noticed the clerks with wipes yet - what part of town is that Publix?
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicheeRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 5:51am
Tampa - Town & Country area
lil View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 11:06am
nothing like that yet in orlando area(clerks and carts with wipes) and it's nothing but a sneeze-fest here with all the pollen!
have noticed alot more "buy one, get one free" items that fall in the prepping category.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 11:37am
Got it today and printed it off Thank you for the post
TERMS 1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERMS 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 12:21pm
Regarding the above URL (pertaining to the Food Industry), under the heading of Product Suppliers, and on page 24 of the document, under Item 4- "When the trigger point hits, have proceedures developed to greatly restrict the amount of product that a customer can draw from the warehouse."  Translation>Rationing?

Credibility is like virginity, once it is gone- it is gone forever.
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 1:16pm

I read rationing into that, too.  That does not sound good at all.  Better to stock up now, it sounds like.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 6:18pm

It is logical to expect rashing.  Supplies will only go so far when TSHIF.  This is exactly and precisely why we are all prepping now..before that occurs.  Get it while the getting is good. 

I picked up more disinfectant wipes today, myself.  Haven't noticed clerks using them and not on carts, but I did notice that our grocery store was stocked with ecomony size (50 count) toilet paper today.  I've never seen that before.  Sales on can goods are still going on but not as much now.  More towards fresh foods..including turkey and chicken..not a surprise. 

Peace. 

TJ108 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJ108 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 2:28pm
I was at my local home building center yesterday and noticed they have a large stock of propane tanks, not just the smaller ones you would expect with BBQ season coming up but larger tanks as well. Maybe they found out people may need to cook with gas.
kymom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2006 at 10:26pm
   I have noticed the prices at wal mart for the soups have gone up by thirty cents, for the big cans. Yes I have noticed on certain items.Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic