Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

March 27 -- What have you done to prep today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: March 27 -- What have you done to prep today?
    Posted: March 27 2006 at 6:07am
New thread for a new week!
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:33am
Ordered some herbal medicine guides.  I really want to read up on that stuff before the time comes when I will need the knowledge.
Deej View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:58am
spent the weekend cleaning & organizing pantry.  shopped to fill in the gaps, some are still gaping, but alas, ran out of $.. 
dee
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 8:04am
Good morning: going to finish up some of the little things that need to be completed...
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 8:06am
 planted some  fenel,tomatoe,seeds in plastic bottle cut in 1/2 ,that i would have recyled and copying stuff  off the computer for a binder, tips,how tos,   ran out of money lol  no shopping for me   good luck  roxy
phoenixrising View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 8:39am
Sunday I...

Purchased:
One 20lb propane tank $19.99
one table top, foldable gas grill $42.99
one 8 foot connector $14.99 
Six 5 gallon foldable water carriers  (30 gallons) $31.44
Four  cases of bottled water  (17.5 gallons) $15.52
Mop bucket to wash/ring out clothes $28.94
six bottles syrup w/50% free ozs.  $8.52
Four bottles 70%  Alcohol  $2.00
Three Gallon & half bottles Clorox regular bleach $7.48
ten 3M-N95 rated masks $19.20
Five 50 count boxes of fire place matches $5.00
Two LED flash lights $39.98
Two 100 count boxes medical grade gloves $8.18
6 boxes bandaids   $3.00
32 rolls Scott paper towels $9.54
500 forks $7.12
700 coffee filters $2.18
10 lbs complete pancake mix $5.37
Five 5-gallon buckets & lids $25
Ten cans solid white tuna $10
Ten 12 oz cans Kosher chicken $40.00
Ten boxes Quaker Breakfast Cookies $6.70
20 Protein bars $10.00
Ten cans corn $3.33
Ten cans green beans $3.33
Ten- 16 oz creamers $9.99
Twelve rolls store brand paper towels $4.00
4 cans disinfectant spray $1.00
Twenty 29 oz cans strawberries $20.00
Ten pounds various small/thin whole wheat pasta $5.20
Five 100 count bottles of Enchinacea $5.00
Five 120 count Bottles Vitamin C $5.00
Three Bottles Children vitamins $2.35
Ten pounds various small/thin whole wheat pasta $5.20
150  one-gallon hefty freezer bags  $12.50
250 quart sized hefty freezer bags $12.50 
100 gallon sized hefty storage bags $12.50
bottles dawn w/bleach dish soap $2.40
12 bars tone bath soap $1.20
6 bottles Dial anti-bacterial hand soap $1.50
10 pkgs instant potatos --free
10 pkgs pasta side dish--free 
6 pkgs Huggies wipes $ 2.10
6 pkgs Huggies wash clothes $7.50
30 disposable razors free 
10 bottles cajun seasoning free 
2 free razors given to me at Sam's Club
2 tomato plants $1.66
2 bell pepper plants $1.66
onion bulbs $.79
2 cucumber plants $1.66
2 yellow squash plants $1.66
2 egg plant $1.66
1 watermelon $.88

Looked at batteries & inverters at Walmart & Sam's Club
Cleaned  out 1 walk-in closet
bagged up clothes to donate
Cleaned out & organized food pantry & kitchen cabinets
inventoried all non-perishable food in house
inventoried personal hygiene items
inventoried cleaning products
marked items on hand & amonts on master list
printed a few recipes off Internet
Began our "WTSHTF" binder
researched using our fireplace for cooking/heating
Researched using an inverter/battery set up
researched solar battery chargers & batteries
printed information regarding solar cookers
Went to Goodwill looking for pressure cooker & other items

For the first time in years, I slept past 7 a.m.   I'm setting my alarm clock for tomorrow morning.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 10:58am
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
KatDoe67 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatDoe67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 1:55pm
WOW!!! :-)

I bought a pressure cooker and a propane burner.

Now am researching pressure cooking.

Oh, yeah, also bought some frozen veggies to dry.
Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 2:13pm
wow is right! How can we compete with that phoenixrising? Great list, by the way. I found stuff on your list that I didn't have on mine. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have been bagging up rice, beans and pasta. I put quite a bit of dry products in glass jars. I am recycling pasta sauce jars and using them for dried goods. Bugs can't get in the glass so I think this will work out well.

I did make a run to town today. I put a Coleman Dual Fuel Campstove on layaway at Wal-Mart. We didn't have the cash to buy it outright and sure didn't want it to dissapear before we could get it purchased.
While I was at Wal-Mart I purchased a solar shower bag for $6.96 and a kerosene lantern by Ozark Trails for $4.62.
I stopped by the $1 Store and purchased 300 plastic forks and 300 plastic spoons. They were a $1 per 100.

I'm broke now so I'm going back to printing info from here and getting it put in binders. I'm also working on my preps inventory.
Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
phoenixrising View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phoenixrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Daydreamer Daydreamer wrote:

wow is right! How can we compete with that phoenixrising? Great list, by the way. I found stuff on your list that I didn't have on mine. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have been bagging up rice, beans and pasta. I put quite a bit of dry products in glass jars. I am recycling pasta sauce jars and using them for dried goods. Bugs can't get in the glass so I think this will work out well.

I did make a run to town today. I put a Coleman Dual Fuel Campstove on layaway at Wal-Mart. We didn't have the cash to buy it outright and sure didn't want it to dissapear before we could get it purchased.
While I was at Wal-Mart I purchased a solar shower bag for $6.96 and a kerosene lantern by Ozark Trails for $4.62.
I stopped by the $1 Store and purchased 300 plastic forks and 300 plastic spoons. They were a $1 per 100.

I'm broke now so I'm going back to printing info from here and getting it put in binders. I'm also working on my preps inventory.

I'm just beginning, so my list looks llike a lot compared to what you all already have on hand.   That list, plus a shopping spree from last weekend is all we have so farConfused .

I have a LONG ways to go in order to get at least 3 months worth of essentials into the house.  We're okay on cooking fuel & food, but need other stuff.

I started at Wal-Mart yesterday @ 6 a.m., and finished at a different Wal-mart at 1:30 this morning.  in between I hit Target, 2 grocery stores, Sam's club, Home Depot,  Dollar Tree, and Lowes. 

The shelf was empty at THREE wal-marts for the solar shower & Ozark lamps.Ouch
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by phoenixrising phoenixrising wrote:

The shelf was empty at THREE wal-marts for the solar shower & Ozark lamps.Ouch

That is why I put my Coleman Stove on layaway and started picking up the solar shower bag and lanterns now.
As people start figuring this thing out and taking it seriously, we'll be lucky to find the things we need. Best to get them when you see them.

And by the way, you are doing an excellent job on getting stocked up quickly. Just keep plugging away at it and you'll get there. Wink
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 4:36pm
Went grocery shopping today.  Among other preps, I bought some baking supplies.  Might as well learn how to bake bread now while I have time to learn. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 6:49pm

I cleaned out a closet for food storage and then cleaned out under my bed for food storage .  

I went to my doctor for a bone density test and a Mammogram .   I injured my foot last month last month and will get that xrayed

I challenge all women to go for your pap smears and your mammograms
Good luck to all those who take the tests.

fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:08pm
Deanna, you are so..... right. I went for my gynno check-up and had a very scary couple of weeks ago when he found a lump he didn't like. I went for the mamo & sono grams and they said everything looked great. Went back to my gyno and he still didn't like what he was feeling so he sent me for a needle biopsy and then I had to wait close to a week for those results which came back benign(sp?) - thank g-d. I was still prepping the entire time b/c  I was doing it for my son and husband even in the event I wouldn't be around to benefit from it. I'm really happy I don't have to deal with an illness of great magnitude right now and my heart goes out to all that do. There is only so much stress that one person can take! Good luck and good health to all!! fritz :>}
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
andrew p View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 7:55pm
Picked up the some of the medical supplies suggest by Dr. Woodson for treating a flu patient at home.

Salt - 1lb/person
Sugar 10lb/person
Baking Soda 6 oz/person
Tums EX 500/person
Acetaminophen 100/person (500 mg)
Ibuprofen 100/person (200mg)
Benadryl 60/person (25mg)

Held a Mossberg 500 ("the persuader") and learned a little about shotguns. Seems like a good investment. The thought of having it scares me a little, but not as much as the thought of not having it if needed.

Many will say I should just buy it, with lots of ammo, but I am trying to figure out what will be my trigger to arm myself. It will be easy to be too late on that if a big piece of news breaks and people really pay attention.

I wonder if the background check system will get seriously slowed down if all of a sudden everyone wants to buy a gun.
It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:48pm
  Today I organized and made a couple of emergeny kits to store away from the house .  This is just in case for any reason I just can't get back home or have to absoutely leave.  Otherwise we will be staying put.  I bought 2 used porta potties that they use at the construction sites.  One was $100 dollars the 2nd one was $50 and the guy gave me a third one because he siad it was a hassel for him to keep moving it all the time it didn't have any handles on it.  He rents them out have have to move them around a lot.  for us it's ok once we set it down it won't be much moving.  We brought one home and will pick the others up tomorrow.
HOPEFLOATS View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOPEFLOATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 10:03pm
I reorganized and regrouped myself today. I was going about it all wrong. I was in a panic since I could not figure out how to get 6 months of supplies now! So I sat and redid my list for 1 month of supplies. I have gathered 2 weeks on top of our normal usage and now have a list made out for an additional month. I have extra beans and rice added to the list which will push those items over 3 months but it has relaxed me a bit by breaking it down more. In 3 weeks I will have about 6 weeks of preps and then will start on the next month. I filled a few more bottles of water and put them up. And I have spent the day working on organizing the house better. I have 1 full closet for preps now and half of another then we have a ton of cabinet space we do not use. I will be going on Wednesday to buy some more items then again on Friday. I will feel better once I have a months worth of preps.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 11:21pm
All -- I spent my weekend walking friends through the whole situation and even created a draft matrix of "if this happens, you should do this".  Even had visual aids courtesy a National Geographic map.  Didn't get anything done for myself but I got two families to start prepping I think.  Wore me out a bit.
prepmeister View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:32am

bought 3 months of carnation instant breakfast with powdered milk for our breakfasts.

Also, bought lots of postal stamps (assuming postal service is still running). 
KatDoe67 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatDoe67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:34am
Yes, gun permits will get backlogged. Hubby had to renew his permit right after 9/11 and the police were laughing and overwhelmed and not making any push to put guns in the hands of paniced people :-0 They pushed through hubby's for him because of his experience and backround...but were more amused and worried about the other permits, than trying to put them through quickly.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 6:13am

I'

Amethyst View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 7:29am
Postal stamps -- that's a great idea.  I doubt they will stop charging us bills for things like cable TV and phone service if a pandemic hits, even if electricity is sporadic.

Shoot, I need to log in.  Can't there be a pop-up warning before posting if you're not logged in?  Other sites do that.
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:55am
Ordered a couple books of stamps from the US postal service web site so I won't have to worry about running out of them during a pandemic.  If nothing else, I'll use them up anyway. 
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 1:12pm
Yesterday my husband got our two 55 gallon water barrels cleaned out and filled up so we have 110 gallons of water. Plus we have five 5 gallon water jugs full. I filled three 2 liter soda bottles with water.

Today I had to stop by the store for some everyday things and I managed to add some preps in as well. I picked up 25 emergency candles at 19 cents a piece. 6 cans of fruit, 2 containers of bread crumbs, 6 packages of jello, and 200 disposable drinking cups.
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 1:54pm
Family finished with Doctor and Dental appointments today. Last appointment was finished! Finally! Family of Five.....
More organizing. Also walked a buddy through some news websites. I think he is going to start prepping now.  Purchased a stock pack pack for my .308, and wife is buying more canned foods tonight. We should be at about 6 months now. Shooting for 10.
-Scott
As the Dark Horse Approaches.
Improvise Adapt and Overcome!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 2:03pm
 today I got a propane stove and 6 small  propane cylinders and a set of the solar lights 4 of them) they are cool...did a dollar store trip and purshaed to more oil lamps and 4 more bottles of the lamp oil..
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:04pm
Muskrat,
Do the lawn solar lights really work well indoors? And can you recommend a brand better than another?
Thanks,
Scott
sweetpea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:27pm
Google and check with "Gardener's Supply" - they have solar lights for gardens.  I've seen some on that site that were like "security" spot lights, so I figure they emit a stronger light.  Price wasn't too bad either.
"When an emergency arises, the time for preparation is past."
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:31pm
Solar Security lights.....I had no idea. I will check that out tonight.
Thanks for the idea.

Scott
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:37pm
I picked up the Westinghouse set of four...clear ones...and lol they are glowing like Christmas tree,s out on my freezer...in about half hour it will be real dark and I am going to test them out....I think they are awesome....
sweetpea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 5:34pm
Here's the site for those security lights ... guess this makes it easier to find ..

Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 5:51pm
Well what a great idea using garden solar lights indoors i shall try that myself .  Clap  
HOPEFLOATS View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOPEFLOATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:50am
I am going in today for my tetnus shot and my youngest was missing a shot in her immun. so we are going to take care of that also. I will be doing a little prep today at the store mostly rice and beans.
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 6:53am
I ordered a book on solar cooking.  I noticed on B&N.com there's a new solar cooking recipe book that's supposed to come out in May.

Still haven't gotten my herbal guides yet.  Looking forward to reading them.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:17pm
Bought more propane tanks
Bought power inverter and vector jumpstart power source
Got lots of camping equipment, lanterns etc.
More paper towels
Another case of water bottles
Received order of powdered eggs in the mail
Received case of N95 masks in the mail

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:38pm
Had my youngest cat neutered - he's walking VERY gingerly today. We had a death in the family, so we'll be heading down to Orange County for the funeral this weekend. Don't know if I'll have the opportunity to seriously talk to them about BF (not really a good time for this, but then, time may be running out). This part of the family I'm the most worried about, as much as I love them, but they are so concerned about keeping up with the Joneses, that they are always broke. They have two girls, 15 and 9, and hardly ever any food in the house. Tons of junk!!! They live on fast food, nobody cooks except BBQ and they think I'm nuts!
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 5:43pm
Just curious,
Do the solar lights work out good?  Do you have to position them next to the windows for charging or run wires outside to the solar cells?
TNbebo408 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TNbebo408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 6:38pm
prepmeister, solar lights work OK but do need a LOT of sun to charge. I have some driveway marker solars, and two shed lights from northern tools, the shed light has a panel that is mounted outside, a power cable comes in the house from it. Pretty neat gadget.

The others, just sit them out to charge, bring in at night to use.
Don't blow your kids lunch money for things they may never need.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 7:22pm
TNbebo408,

Thanks, I've got a northern tools right next to my office.  I'll stop by tomarrow to see if I can find the shed lights.  They sound really good.

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:29am
Canned 15 lbs of butter.  Made 36 1/2 pint wide mouth jars.

Bought 10 sets of mantels for the coleman lantern

2 more 5 gal gas jugs

About 20 lbs of Beans

10 lbs of rice.

Received 36 cans of  meats from Interned Grocer (yeah, 5 cans dented but not bad).

Received 90 Tamiflu  pills.

TERMS 1 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERMS 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:53am
Honey 5 pds
Raisins 4.5 pds
Hard candy 10 pds
Tussin (cough syrup) 4-12 oz bottles
Neosporin 2 ozs
Anti-diarrheal 700 caplets
Black Pepper 5 pds
Crisco 6 pds
Minced garlic 1.5 pds
Steak seasoning 1.75 pds
Lipton Onion soup mix (dry) 12 2-packs
Sauerkraut 10 cans
White Hominy 6 cans
Beans & Franks 20 cans
Blueberry Pie filling
Cherry Pie filling
Sweet Potatoes 6 cans
Baked Beans 10 cans
Hot peppers 4 12 oz jars
Peanut butter Cookie mix 3 bags

While I was at Sam's Club I "bumped" into 2 senior command officers from our city's P.D..  After them looking over my cart, and me their flatbed I asked what brought them out shopping on such a fine morning, to which they replied "we're laying is supplies for the department and stocking up for when  the bird flu comes".  WOW!  Somebody is  actually listening?  I also heard that at a departmental "heads" staff meeting that the subject was finally brought up about getting prepared.
Credibility is like virginity, once it is gone- it is gone forever.
sweetpea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:11am
prepmeister ... check at the sears garden section as well.  I looked over some yesterday that had 3 sets of lights (looked like LEDs) and a separate panel.  You would probably find a way to remove the stakes as they were for the garden or walkway, or improvise them somehow?!  About $60 for 3 lights and a small solar panel.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 9:27am
Done with preps, except for topping off propane tanks, gas storage, and last minute run to the store for 1000 bags of sunflower seeds.
Good for three years if I go easy on propane, but have kerosine heater and wood stove as backup.
Tho when it does hit, I will be a part of the hordes buying extra stuff.
Tulip View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:04am
twoolf,

My husband asked me to get us tamilfu, but I'm not sure of a reputable site.  It is alot of money and don't want to get taken.  Where did you get yours and have you used them for any other medication? And did they tell you the expiration dates? 

Thanks.

red wolf View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:04am
Smile Hi. I bought a 400 watt converter for the car, cd shave cream in the tube and cs razor blades. I plan to look good when the SHTF!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic