Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

March 27 -- What have you done to prep today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOPEFLOATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:14am
Purchased 5 bottles of shampoo
2 bottles of liquid laundry soap
box of ramean noodles.
Will do more tomorrow when hubby gets paid.
 We cleaned out our shed for more storage.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:36am

I'm not in the office right now, but when  I can dig up the receipt, I'll let you know who it was.

Tulip View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 12:08pm
Thanks,

I forgot to add that I got 15 more rolls of paper towels, a solar light, childrens vitamins and more cat food.

Evergreen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 12:47pm

Greetings!  Got some fabulous solar lights from QVC shopping channel. They are a set of six lanterns with 6 shephards hooks and 2 table stands that hold 3 lights each.  They hang. Come in stainless and clear glass.  Very classy and just the thing for our purposes.  www.qvc.com

235365 - Energy follows thought.   As you think, so you are.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 12:47pm
I heard sugar might go up in price soon because of political reasons.

I will buy ten bags of sugar tommorow. 
Thank you for the idea of solar lights .  I am so afraid of fires from candles
really bless you
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 2:32pm

I ordered a gun safe and a Remington 870 Tactical Shotgun.  I feel much better now! Wink

Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 4:26pm
Bought baking pans and a rolling pin to make bread.  Still waiting on my mail orders.
prepmeister View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prepmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 6:03pm
Picked up two kinds of solar lights today, will keep the brightest.
Got an adapter for coleman stove to fit bulk propane tank
Got another case of masks
Got another large gas can
Got a black & decker jumpstart DC battery source with 400 watt inverter, flashlight, and tire pump built in.
Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 6:14pm
I picked up two large boxes of Minute Rice for short term storage. Also picked up 2 #10 cans of potato flakes. 15 emergency candles, 2 shake flashlights and we purchased a used Coleman lantern at a flea market but it didn't work so we are returning it tomorrow.
Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
Hydrangea View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydrangea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:57pm
I'll put solar lights on next week's list for sure. This week's budget was spent on a $$$ trip to the emergency vet clinic on Sunday and follow up work at my regular vets'. The sick kitty is fine now but my plan to finish my canned food shopping was trashed. With very little to spend I bought small snack-size resealable plastic bags to store staples like rice, potato flakes and pancake mix. Instead of shelving cans I'll be scooping and sealing single serve portions. It's better to accomplish a little something than nothing at all.

I buy water every time I go to the store now and was surprised to find only three 1-gallon jugs. The bottled water multipacks were all gone except for a few that were overpriced trendy brand names. Interesting.
Mississipp Mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:56pm
  Today  bought 6 jars of wheat germ, 6 boxes of cereal, 7,five gal gas cans.  3 tubes of dental cream.  Just in case any temporary crowns come off.  my dentist said he stuff the come in the dental kit is to thick to put the crown back in place properly. He said you can use just plain vaseline to hold it back in place.  I also bought another 7 storage boxes and 7 large scrapebooks  to organize my photos if we are confined for any a time.
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 1:42am
I am making short daily menus to figure out if I can for sure live for three months off my preps.  That way, I can find out where the holes are and prep accordingly. 

Okay, so I got my meal plans done.  I have enough food to last me for 56 days and then I'd be living on condiments.  So I have another month's worth of stuff to buy, and definitely more canned veggies/fruits because I ran out of them quickly in my virtual scenario.

I ordered a can of Mountain House and a sanitation kit with a portable box toilet from an emergency preparedness company.  I can cross an emergency toilet off my list now.  ;)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:54am
canned 10 more lbs of butter

bought:
4 lg cans stew
4 lg cans chicken and dumplings
4 cans chicken breast
4 cans refried beans
beef and chicken soup base (ethnic section)
8 cans condensed milk
Close out on Safflower oil - 4 lg bottles less than 1/2 price!
4 cans shrimp
4 cans pie fillings
5 boxes rice a roni

I estimate I'm about 70% ready on food for 1 year.  Everything else is finished (OTC"s, cooking, light, water, electric etc).
I'm almost at the point that everything left will have to be last min. due to short shelf life (my definition less than 1 1/2 year.).

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:59am
Originally posted by red wolf red wolf wrote:

Smile Hi. I bought a 400 watt converter for the car, cd shave cream in the tube and cs razor blades. I plan to look good when the SHTF!
hmmm.... should check my makeup! LOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:02am
Originally posted by sweetpea sweetpea wrote:

prepmeister ... check at the sears garden section as well.  I looked over some yesterday that had 3 sets of lights (looked like LEDs) and a separate panel.  You would probably find a way to remove the stakes as they were for the garden or walkway, or improvise them somehow?!  About $60 for 3 lights and a small solar panel.
What about using a plant pot w/ some styrafoam  (like when you make artificail flower arrangements) and putting the steak in the pot.  Looks nice -- like a lamp. You can alway put some stones in the bottom, if you think it's going to be 'top heavy'.  -k
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:14am

I bought my oldest son some underwear the next sizes up (the other two can inherit all the "older" ones). I had my dental check up this week (my teeth have always needed a lot of work), so I purchased a dental emergency kit. It contains among others temporary filling paste, crown glue, dental mirror, dental spatula, clove oil and sterile syringe and needle for anaestetic.

Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 4:29pm
Today i noticed a product made by (Campbell's UK) i do not know if it is available in the USA  the item is called "V8" its a vegetable concentrate 1 litre made with 8 vegetable juices ,seeing how veg will be hard to find this seems a good option it can be added to rice,stews ,broths etc,it has a shelf life of 1 year to .
HOPEFLOATS View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOPEFLOATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 4:42pm
I went and picked up a few things today. But will need to get more done tomorrow.
Today I got
Another pack of paper plates
2 chocolate pudding
2 jello
can of evaporated milk
6 boxes of matches
bbq sauce
2 pineapple juice in cans
2 huge boxes of spaghetti
4 cans spaghetti sauce
2 jars grape jam
2 jars peanut butter
1 bottle honey
1 can spam
bag of sugar
2 ranch party dip
bag of dog food
bottle of apple juice
Tomorrow I will go and get 6 months of rice and 2 cases of veggies.
Scott View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 4:46pm
Finally got around to cleaning the 55 gallon drums I purchased.
Purchased more vitamins
Re-organized go pack
Purchased next size up sneakers for each of our three boys.
Looking good for food. about 6 months worth. Rotating constantly. Eat what you stock and stock what you eat!
That is it for today.

Scott
As the Dark Horse Approaches.
Improvise Adapt and Overcome!
Amethyst View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amethyst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Ravendawn Ravendawn wrote:

Today i noticed a product made by (Campbell's UK) i do not know if it is available in the USA  the item is called "V8" its a vegetable concentrate 1 litre made with 8 vegetable juices ,seeing how veg will be hard to find this seems a good option it can be added to rice,stews ,broths etc,it has a shelf life of 1 year to .

I love V8 juice!  It's healthy and tasty.  They have a variety of flavors here, and they also have regular juice in addition to tomato.
Elizabeth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 5:58pm
I know this is almost a week old, but I was busy this week and couldn't really post much.  Last weekend we got a gun!  Well, we don't actually have it yet, because of the waiting period, but we pick it  up Tuesday.   I also got collidal silver, Sambuccol, a bottle of skullcap, a solar shower thing you use for camping, and 4 bottles of water purification tablets.  I also went to Costco and spent another $250 on various preps that don't need refrigeration.  Today I got more cat litter and cat food.  So I had a pretty productive week.  I won't be able to say so much for next weeks "What have you done to prep today" s question, because the husband is ragging on me bigtime about money.
Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 6:04pm
Hubby and I went to the store today and the only preps I bought were socks and undies for both of us to get us through the next year or two. I forgot how much that stuff costs. I just about fell over when the cashier gave me the total.
Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:19pm

I am focusing on water rice and canned goods for now and I am prepping for ten months (closer to the truth Iam buying as much as I can for as long as I can.)  .

1  .20 cans tuna  (I buy 20 every week )
2  .2 ten lb bags of rice ( I buy 2 every week)
3. 15 cans of canned apple pie filing    (new item for me)
4. 5 cans of milk ( New item)
5   6, 5 gallon bottles water   (  I am obsessed with water )    
6    2 cases apple juice 
7   twenty packs of batteries for son CD player
8.  ten bags of sugar
 9.   2 coofee whitners (so I dont get tempted to touch my son milk stash) 
I have tons of peanut butter and too much pudding and not enough cans of fruit   and canned milk . 

I now will focas on coffee, can fruit and canned milk and seeds
I am thinking of getting a green house too.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:20pm
 This morning  I stored more pasta and rice, cookies and instant cereal.  This afternoon i organized our runaway bags and took some emergency stuff to the storage shed I rent.ed I'm only keeping the basic stuff in there that would get us by for a while during any emergency in the event we couldn't make it home.  Later we went out and bought 16-15gal. plastic drumbs that can be used for gasoline or water storage.  this evening we went to Sam's club.  Bought some last minute preps that consisted mostly of comfort foods  candy cookies chips and ect.   
dustyboots View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustyboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:59pm
My first post, thanks for all the great info everyone.

I have seen several posts about CANNING BUTTER. Could someone please tell me how to do that?   
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:29pm
Hi dustyboots, Welcome! there is alot of information here so help yourself. I think the info on canning butter is in the food thread in preps. Try there, if you still cant find it I'm sure someone here can help you with that. It is a little involved and I was just talking to someone about that very thing just earlier today.
Enjoy yourself. g'night  :>}
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
FakinBacon View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FakinBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:35pm
4 cans lysol disinfectant
6 containers lysol disinfectant wipes
2 bottles lysol disinfectant toilet cleaner
2 spray bottles lysol disinfectant all purpose cleaner
2 refill bottles lysol disinfectant all purpose cleaner
2 large boxes benadryl severe sinus allergy headache reliever
40 cans chef boyardee beef ravioli
3 cans condensed milk
10 boxes Quaker oatmeal breakfast cookies
6 boxes cornflakes cereal

$42 spent - have more things to get (water purification, practical needs and such).

~A
Stay At Home Mom, Book Addict
fritz View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:39pm
Actually dustyboots, it was reposted by me under "store butter" in the priority preps room!! I just saw it there but there is some concern on whether this is a good idea to do or not so you might want to consider reading the entire thread before going ahead with this.
Be careful out there people!!! :>} fritz
You can also buy shelf-stable canned butter if having butter is extremely important to you. I don't know exactly where to find that info but I bet it's in priority preps as well. Happy hunting! :>}
"I am only one; but still I am one, I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Hellen Keller
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:22pm
For canned butter and canned cheese:

I ordered a case of each from them.
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:25pm
Also -- today did another run to Target. Got next size underwear for kid (assuming he gets potty trained). Plus more first aid supplies. Kiddo fell out of tree this week and got scraped up. It's amazing how much first aid stuff you can end up using on one incident.

Ordered a solar battery charger, rechargeable batteries and also a solar lantern. Plus some kid stories about dragons. Tomorrow morning am going to a yard sale put on by a local nursery school.
KatDoe67 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatDoe67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 5:40am
Hubby got his bimonthly check. I've been shopping nonstop. Too much to list.

I did learn one little trick :-) I usually use BJs warehouse, but a Sam's Club just moved in and isn't doing all that well. At the local Walmart, they sometimes give out passes where you can go to Sam's Club once and pay a 10 % surcharge.

I went to Sam's looking for Tone's dried mushrooms I'd heard about, but they didn't have them. I started looking around and they had some AMAZING prices on a few things to try and draw people away from BJs and to convince people they needed Walmart AND Sam's. For those items a 10% surcharge is worth it. I'll be looking for those passes from now on!

I bought BIG bags of Instant potatoes while there. A cup of soup can be made with little more than 1 cup boiling water and 1/4 cup each dry milk and instant potatoes. I add salt, pepper, dried chives, dried parsley, and parmesan cheese to mine. Yummy and low fuel.

I also bought BIG bags of Kr... complete pancake mix that has dried eggs in it, to bake with. When I have time, I need to do some more of my mayo and pancake mix baking experiments.

I drove out to the health food store. They sell some good bulk dried goods that are worth the trip. When stocking up, I'm finding it's DEFINATELY worth traveling for!

I'm definately switching back to a more grains based vegetarian diet. It's easier to store. I'm no longer keeping my freezer stocked with more than 2 weeks worth of food. When I first started stocking up, it was more of what we had already been eating. That is doing a MAJOR change. Now I'm eating what stores well :-)

And my stomach is doing better than it has in over 2 years :-) I'm up to 101 pounds :-) I'm taking advantage of this to try and build myself back up, so really doing a lot of reading on nutrition and making sure I'm getting enough complemented proteins and such, while I'm able to tolerate the fiber.

I've also stocked a lot of white flour and white rice and such, in case I go sour again and have to just focus on consuming as many calories as I can without being doubled over all day. Also hubby and son will eat mostly that stuff.

Asked hubby about shelves again. He said he heard me the second time :-)
strwberry View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strwberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 6:07am
Today I'm doing another Costco run.  I want to check out canned meat...chicken, ham.  I have never bought before so want to try and see if my family likes it, then stock up on those. 

Order a few things off line this week.  Another Aqua Tank (150 gallon), dried eggs, which the company says is on back order, and 2 - 25# bags of Rice.

Also bought the items to make a solar oven....now I'm just waiting for the sun to come back out and will be testing to see how well it works.Thumbs Up
I'm having my son help me with this, get him involved with the preps.
HOPEFLOATS View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOPEFLOATS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 7:32am
I ran in and picked up 3 bags of rice
case of corn
case of green beans
case of tomato soup
brown gravy mix (4)
turkey gravy mix(2)
2 boxes of pancake mix
bottle of pancake syrup
box of instant potatoes
2 cans of spam
can of beef stew
2 bags of noodles
box of trash bags
bottle of tylenol
bottle of ibuprophen
I think that was it for the day. I have to go back through everything because I have already lost track of what I have.
cheryl-tx View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheryl-tx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 11:14am

If you have a H.E.B grocery store, they have Knorr Beef/Chicken/Tomato Bouillon 2/3.00 and each jar you get a free 2lb bag of long grain rice with each purchase. I needed to stock up on Bouillon so, got 4 jars and 8 more lbs rice. Great price on boullon, free rice even better. Also case of water is 2.99 (24ct)

Also, Brookshire Bros grocery store has Hy-Top brand mustard and mayo for .88 and sugar .88. And 24 ct toilet paper is 3.99.

So there is my preps this week. Getting ready to go ebay shopping for my solar battery charger.

Keep prepping folks and have a good one!
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 7:20pm
Went to yard sale:
Got some more larger size clothes for the little guy.
Bought a book on dinosaurs and a book called "Raising a Spirited Child"

Went to Goodwill:
Bought some more larger size clothes for little guy
Bought 2 more books on dinosaurs, a christmas book, a kids' book on germs, a Dinosaur video, and a Winnie the Pooh video.

Guess there's a theme to the day.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 7:25pm
Went to WalMart:
Bought 2 gas cans, more rice, more beans, smoked oysters, more canned fruit and veggies, more toilet paper and some normal groceries.
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississipp Mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 8:55pm
  Hi Libbalex, will you let me know where you ordered your solar battery charger from,the rechargable batteries and the solar latern from?  I have the regluar laterns and batteries but, would like to add the solars to my prep.  Did you order rechargable batteries in each size?  How many of each size do i need to buy.  I don't have any expereince with the solar products.  I would reall appreciate your help and any suggestion.  thanks a bunch
flowerchild View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowerchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 5:14am
i bought 30 jars of ragu spegatti sauce, 3 large bottles of barbeque sauce, molasses, found 5 1 pound cans of sardines on clearance for 1 dollar each(don't expire until 2009), 4 flea collars for cats, 1oo pounds of kitty litter, 2 large boxes of garbage bags, 60 cans of beans, large box of instant rice, 10 cans of mandarin oranges, box of instant oatmeal, large can of instant breakfast drink on clearance, large bag of charcoal, small propane grill, 2 small cans of propane, regular groceries.  I am stocking up on easter candy after easter.
KatDoe67 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatDoe67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 12:32pm
Look for easter candy that can be chopped up and used in baking. I bought a ton of peanutbutter filled chocoloate from Walmart 33 cents/11 ounces after valentines day. It makes yummy cookies!
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 3:56pm
Hi all ,can anyone give me a link to follow or some advice on" hidden doors" or how to conceal food on your property above and below ground thanks.
Thordawggy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thordawggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 4:54pm
Katdoe67 - I found the mushrooms at Sam's on the very bottom shelf below the spices.  I looked and looked, but it was my husband that pointed them out.  I thinkt that it was the bland color that I missed or something.  They are in a large, square, plastic jug.
libbyalex View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbyalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Mississipp Mama Mississipp Mama wrote:

Hi Libbalex, will you let me know where you ordered your solar battery charger from,the rechargable batteries and the solar latern from?  I have the regluar laterns and batteries but, would like to add the solars to my prep.  Did you order rechargable batteries in each size?  How many of each size do i need to buy.  I don't have any expereince with the solar products.  I would reall appreciate your help and any suggestion.  thanks a bunch

Hi mississippi mama --

I ordered my solar stuff from Sundance Solar. Here's the link:

I just googled for solar stuff and found them. Haven't received stuff yet. I ordered the solar battery charger, 8 AAAs, 8 AAs, 4 Cs, and 4 Ds. I would have ordered more batteries, but couldn't afford it. Also ordered that solar powered lantern which looked pretty cool. We already have a wind-up/solar radio which we like. Good luck. Let me know what you find.
Breeze26 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeze26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 6:40pm
I saw those dried mushrooms at Sams too.  It was also near the bottom below the spices. 

I went there on Friday picked up 2 25# bags of rice, around $6.00 each, 6 6lb bags of pasta, only $3 each, 36 count ramen noodles, cornstarch, 2 4lb boxes of salt, and I can't remember what else.

Went to Meijer and picked up 10 gallons of water, flour, sugar, pepper, the green onions to keep growing in the house (tip from a different poster)

I noticed alot of the staple goods are running low at Meijer.
Human beings can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, their God-given right to be stupid. Dean Koontz
Cassie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 7:42pm
Hi all!  I am new at this "prepping", but I got started 2 weeks ago.

This week, I bought 48 rolls of Toilet Paper, 48 Cans of tuna, and 48 cans of soup from buybythecase.net.  I also bought a case of fruit, a case of green beans, some bottled water, ramen noodles, and bleach.  Oh, I am also filling up 2 liter pop bottles with water, just in case.  Last week, I bought 3 jars of peanut butter, 2 cases of water, 6 jugs of water, ramen noodles, fruit snacks, granola bars, cereal bars, beans (small 1lb bag), hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, hand soap, baby wipes, lots of crackers....I think that's about it so far.  As I said, I am new to this, and I am prepping for 8 people, so I am doing the best I can.  Afraid it's going to take awhile, but I plan to spend $120 every 2 weeks if I can afford it.  Hope I can get it done.
roxy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 10:46pm
 i went walgreens in ct,  took along my future daughterlaw, had spam, 1lb can hams, corn beef , roast beef in cans 2/4$ limit of 2 each, we each got the limit, also pick up seeds to store for next year 5/1oo$, and scot tp 2'1$ limit 4 tp, and then after work tonight went back and pick up 2 hams,2roast beefs,   only thing , what do you do with can roast beef????, went  to homels web site not on there, looked at can made in argentina , maybe try to make stew out of it     lol roxy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic