Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Water - why not set up a small Pool - indoors?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water - why not set up a small Pool - indoors?
    Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:23pm
I am considering setting up one of those smaller inflatable pools indoors for holding water. not a kiddie pool - but one of those blue ones with the air tube on the top - they sell covers for them and they can be as high as three feet. If trouble hits - fill it up and keep enough water treatment to keep it clean for months - use it for the shower - toliet - drinking - just take a small amount when needed.

I keep hearing people talk about using 7 gallon buckets to go out and get water - and bath tubs are kinda small for long term - why not a pool.

Thoughts?

Input welcomed.

NV
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:34pm
what indoor area are you thinking?
how about water beds?

who knows?
we have a water tower in the center of our house with pantry beneath. no power? water runs down hill and on gravity. still have water and pressure.

its all enclosed and part of design off kitchen. can't see it unles you enter pantry on the lower level.

neighbors don't laugh anymore when powers out or well breaks and they come over to get water for coffee etc.
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:43pm
This might be a workable idea if the floor is a concrete slab, typical of ranch-style homes.  A wooden floor could not be trusted to support such weight.

Has anyone who is waiting to the last minute given any thought to the hundreds, thousands or millions of people on the same water system who are also waiting until the last minute to lay in supplies of water?  I can imagine someone turning on the hose thinking "I've got my 1,000 gallon pool all set up, I'm good to go... " and then only a pencil thin stream of water comes out the hose because there is no water pressure... why? because every other hose in town is on at the same time.  Huh, never thought of that one, I guess...
floridagirl View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floridagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 2:02pm
that's a great idea, is there a link to the type of pool you had in mind?  Also, does anyone know what the danger is with using just regular plastic for storing water versus food grade plastic?    I've heard that toxins get released into the water, but...I still really don;t understand what that means.
NV View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 5:44pm
nice posts.

Florida almost always has concrete slab - thus setting up in a bedroom
is idea - I am going to have one room setup just for supplies - including the pool - anytime water is needed - just get a bucket. three foot pool and perhaps 12 foot round I assume will last quite some time. No sun and with a cover limited evaporation - my outdoor pool will be green in no time so not much use.

With my luck the bath tub will slowely leak and using containers is just not enough - perhaps for some drinking - but with a septic tank and a pool filled it would be nice to use the existing toliet and shower and just grab a bucket to go (no pun intended).

NV
tazman View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:36pm
I have bought 16'by 4' pool from samsclub. I placed it in my basement. I have 16lbs of shock to treat water. one pound of shock will treat 10000gallons of water. The pool can hold about 5600 gallons of water. I bought 6 32 gallon garbage bins (home depot) and will use them as Rain barrels. I bought two water filters (total cost $350 for both) and can filter water from pool for drinking. I have on order four 55gallon potable water containers with siphon pumps. I bought four 7gallon potabel water containers and some buckets.
What else can I do to?
Email me your favorite links:My Email
Corn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 5:11am
make beer !
Speculation is the only tool we have with a threat that can circle the globe in 30 days. Test results&news is slow.Factor in human conditions,politics, money&bingo!The truth!Facts come after the fact.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 3:48pm

If you are going to use a plastic pool for water storage, don't set it directly on concrete:

http://www.avianflutalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2091
Karianne View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 8:41am
Wow NV, now THAT is thinking outside the box! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic