Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Clorox response please note!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sierra779 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clorox response please note!
    Posted: April 01 2006 at 3:46pm
Reading a post, I saw someone recommend the color safe Clorox and from what I remembered, it was NOT a disinfectant. I'd hate to have anyone have a false sense of security on this...

I emailed Clorox and here is the reply"

QUOTE:

Thank you for contacting us about Clorox 2 Liquid Bleach For Colors - Original Scent. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We do apologize for the inconvenience, however this product is not a disinfectant. The Clorox Regular Scented Bleach is the one EPA approved to be a disinfectant. However they both still whiten and brighten your clothes if used as recommended per label. Please contact us at any time if you have additional questions.
Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Michelle Steele

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

END OF QUOTE:

I asked for further information on scented Clorox which seems to do the trick. Here is the response for that question:

QUOTE:

Clorox Regular Scented Bleach is approved by the EPA to be a disinfectant. Please contact us at any time if you have additional questions.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Michelle Steele

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

END OF QUOTE:

So, it would seem to me, using regular clorox and the regular scented clorox is going to do the trick but NOT the color safe.

PLEASE contact companies if in doubt, don't assume things will work if you  haven't verified it.

Let's all be safe and healthy!

Daydreamer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daydreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 4:54pm

To me this reads that only the regular Clorox bleach is approved. Not the scented. When I call something regular scent, it means the original scent. I know Clorox has come out with all the different fragrances and I'm just not trusting those. For my house it will only be the original Clorox. I'm not taking any chances.

Don't put off tomorrow what you can PREP today
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 5:20pm
I agree with the both of you. I'm only buying the Clorox (Regular) unscented that can be used for cleaning my clothes and as a disinfectant - multipurposes.
Sierra779 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sierra779 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 8:49am
GOOD! glad to see you two agree...it's scary and I think we need to make sure that what we are counting on to kill this virus will actually do it...when in doubt CHECK IT OUT....I also read it is recommended to buy and use pool chlorine...easy to store and longer shelf life? We have both here cause we have a pool and they are the same but for water, make sure you know the right combo. I've seen wrong information on how many drops etc. PLEASE, it's too easy to find online or call the manufacturer if you don't know for sure. Someone is going to either poison themself or not use enough to sanitize water. Living in earthquake country on the San Andreas, we have for years kept water. Hubby has the  eye dropper connected to  the 5 gal. bottles taped in a bag with the formula on the bottles.  All the preps in the world aren't going to save you if you don't follow the correct formulas for these disinfectants. I've always been crazy when it comes to this...must be related to Howard Hughes LOL....I haven't allowed shoes in my house since the PARVO virus  was found. We have used bleach or lysol on shoes for years...I even carry lysol spray in the car to spray shoes if we go somewhere there will be animals to protect ours. It's just a matter or training yourself and now is the time to train, not wait till this BF mutates.
Be safe and survive everyone. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic