Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

xx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xx
    Posted: April 18 2006 at 8:25pm
xx
gilmor View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gilmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 8:10pm
Samantha ,

As opposed to being displaced, as US citizens were for Katrina, this most likely will be a quarentine deal. Stay in the home and wait, and wait and wait.

Even with the chance of losing power during an Arizona Summer and its 100 to 110 degree highs, leaving is not in the gamebook. To much stuff, to much "tactical advantage" lost if you go somewhere new. . .

Scout it out now, you won't be the first Canadian who spent a Winter in Pheonix. . .
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 6:29am
xx
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Survivor Survivor wrote:

We are in a rural area, so I do think we will remain safer in our home for much longer than a person in an urban area. But, with time (if this situation is not contained reasonably quickly) I expect that social disorder could spill out into the rural communities.

About 80% of the Canadian population lives within 200 kms of the USA border, so it is fairly easy to find a nice chunk of forest to hunker down in if need be. 

I'm not sure "remote" is safer as far as the flu is concerned. This is what happened in Canada in 1918:

Quote The killer flu struck this country quickly and inexplicably, especially in closed communities. It quickly made its way into even the remotest hamlets of Canada, and struck thousands of people of all ages. Some smaller villages in Quebec were almost wiped out, and one third of the Labrador population died.

One Canadian in five caught the disease.

Edited by Irene - April 20 2006 at 9:09am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 10:46am
xx
Ravendawn View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ravendawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2006 at 5:14pm
Hi Survivor,you have the right idea to prep a bug out kit ,the thing is you may be faced with the possibility of leaving your home at some point so to prep for that is smart,i know a lot of people don't agree with this but thats there choice,if you do a search on the site you should find lots of answers to bugging out . Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic