Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

What do you want that you can’t get?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thordawggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you want that you can’t get?
    Posted: May 03 2006 at 5:32pm

I feel like I am not ready for whatever disaster comes our way.  There are things that I don't have and will probably never be able to get.  I answered a Fluwikie thread about a wish list and thought that I would start one here.  If someone already has, then please delete.

I want a wood stove that I can cook on with a basement full of wood for the winter.    I want a zillion bottles of propane for cooking in the summer.  I want a well with a hand pump.  Also, an outhouse near the back door.  Hey, I would be the only person in Minneapolis with an outhouse! LOL  Oh, yeah....and a couple of more firearms with tons of rounds of ammo.

Is that enough whining?  Cry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 7:30pm
I want my husband to call the company that sell hand pumps that go inside the house instead of out side...

I want to afford the generator at Sam's club that will power up my whole house.  900.00 plus tax

I want 3 more 100 tanks of propane...I now have 220 pounds..

I want two more Coleman Lanterns...I only have 1
I want 30 more gallons of Coleman fuel.

Oh and I want (2)  55 gallon tanks full of gas  1 have one tank with no gas.

I want to be able to buy meat in a can.  Its 12 cans for 86.00 plus 20.00 shipping charge.  Give me a break.

AND MOST OF ALL I WANT THEM TO COME OUT WITH A FULL PROFF VACCINE THAT WILL SAVE US ALL AND THEY'LL MAKE IT ON TIME FOR EVERY ONE......or Just have God make it all go away...

Thats what I want...Thumbs Up
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 8:17pm
Happy Camper:

Go to WWW.GFS.Com  See if they have a store in your area.  They have great caned meat #10 cans for only 6.75 a can that is 81 a case and almost double in size of the ones for 86 plus shipping.
Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
Brad View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 9:32pm
The top item on my wish list would be a generator.  I haven't bought one because:  (1) a decent model will run $600 or more, which is do-able but unpleasant, (2) most important, I don't have anywhere to store enough gasoline to make a generator last for more than a week of very intermittent use without exceeding my comfort level and probably voiding the home insurance policy and breaking a zoning ordinance or two, and (3) a generator would draw unwanted attention if the power were out for a prolonged time.

Still, I want one.

A better alternative would be a bunch of solar panels, a charging system, a bank of deep cycle batteries, and some inverters and thick gauge wires (or 12-volt appliances and components), but that ain't gonna happen either, at least as long as we're living in the city, in a northern climate, with trees shading most of the house, and without an extra $15-20K or more laying around.

Still, a guy can dream.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2006 at 9:56pm

4 pair of Gen III NVG'S

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 8:10am
I also want a solar Attic Fan.....

Big smile

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 3:58pm
Eighty Mark XII Tactical Nukes with GPS & Heat tracking systems with lasers and everything.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 4:04pm
Just Kidding. Something I would want is a log cabin at our humongous property with a big concrete bunker or just a big basement made with cinder blocks underneath. Also, I would want tons of canned and dried food. Several 55 gallon drums of gas and several 55 gallons of water. Another thing that would be awesome is several firearms and lots of ammo. Including a custom SKS and a colt 1911.
JaxMax View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaxMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 5:17pm
I have always wanted my own 2,000 gallon concealed gasoline storage tank.
He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.Proverbs 13:20, The Bible
Valgard View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valgard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 6:00pm
A night vision scope

more solar panels

more propane

more money for preps

more time...
Do Right and Fear Not
Thordawggy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thordawggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 6:30pm
Jaxmax - what is 2,000 gallons times $3 a gallon?  Yikes!!!
If the pandemic hits, maybe you can find a trucker with a full tanker load and invite him/her to stay at your house for the duration.  But how would you hide that truck?  I know, just a fantasy.  sigh.

I also would love a generator but alas, no where to store the gas and I can't afford one anyway.  Too afraid of home invasion because of it too.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 7:13pm
Honestly, just a good anxiety free nights sleep.
Stogieguy View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stogieguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 7:52pm
claymores
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 8:05pm
Ok, since we are wishing: I wish I had a solar powered house, night vision equipment, a well, a basement and a garage to store things in. These are things I wanted before H5N1, so I'm not sure this counts.
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 3:32am
I'm with Penham. I've wanted all of those things for years too, except the night vision equipment.

Grew up with basements and there aren't many where I live now.
montanamoose View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montanamoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 11:04am
I wish for a hand-pump for the well.

I wish for more gas cans with gas for generator.
janetn View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janetn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 6:59pm
Windmill [ solar wont work in my area]

bigger propane tank.

More time to prepare

More storage area

nettie4263 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2006 at 9:01pm
Parmalat.  Finally found some at Wal-Mart and all but one were already expired.  Obviosly not a fast seller yet.  I'll keep checking in hopes of getting a good supply.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2006 at 7:12pm
I want a stun Gun...You know those electric ones that make you freak out and pass out...

See the thought of killing anyone just because there hungry would kill me, but with a stun gun I could stun them... Pin a note to there chest...

Staying next time you won't wake up.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 12:59am
Originally posted by HappyCamper HappyCamper wrote:

I also want a solar Attic Fan.....

Big smile

go to www.lehmans.com they have one!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2006 at 1:02am
What do I want that I can't get? that's easy!

I want this BF to GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic