Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

MASK ISSUES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halogen601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MASK ISSUES
    Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:13am
Is anyone experiencing excessive delays with receiving their nanomask orders from Oregon Digital?  I placed two orders back in October and have had to constantly e-mail copies of my Paypal receipt.  I finally received one order in late December but feel that I'm going to have to prove myself again and go through the same arduous routine for the second order.  Did anyone order from the other distributors?
There is trouble in the forest.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:25am

I have heard via the grapevine that they are months behind.

BTW: Have you tested the fit to your face?  Have also heard there are issues with getting a good/secure fit.

halogen601 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halogen601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:39am
Hi SophiaZoe, I did indeed try a Nanomask on and thought I was just inexperienced.  I did have to adjust the straps frequently but was able to achieve a secure fit even though I had to thread the top strap and park it on top of my head to provide the leverage to get a proper seal.  The plastic cords have to be extremely tight and are uncomfortable if they press over your ears.  One has to exercise caution when tightening the straps as they may break from the clasps if pulled too tight.  I bought some N95 (3M 9211) masks as well and have a feeling I will be wearing these over the Nanomasks in an emergency because of the practicality and comfort level.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 7:55am

Halogen, glad to hear you have the 3M's.  I also brought in a gross of the 9211.

Also 2 boxes of 50 each procedure masks in case there are situations where some protection might be a good idea, but full on 9211's might not be called for.  Or to hand out for anyone who missed the boat on masks.  My 9211's are some of my most prized possessions at this point in time.  I can remember when that position was taken by something with sentimental value.

AnitaRNpulmo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaRNpulmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:15am
Nanomasks are not certified and are built after an old design (plastic body) for common dust masks, as sold by Black and Decker since 70s - useful only for some coarse dusts with tools ...
You better need a N100 respirator, and have to check the perfect fit, either they are useless; besides you need good goggles, or can turn to half  masks/full face, more efficient and cheaper for a long period.
Remember you have to train donning, wearing (for extended period) and putting off your gear.
Please ask more if you wish !
Anita RN pulm nurse
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:26am

AnitaRN,

Thanks for posting about the goggles!  It doesn't get mentioned enough.

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halogen601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:27am
Thanks Anita.  So are the Nanomasks not useful in terms of any protection besides dust?  Was the maximum protection from the "nano coating" just an impression created through their advertising?  Now, I'm wondering if I should rethink my ratio of mask types  in my flu prep box and get back to basics.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 8:41am

AnitaRN was correct about the Nanomask not being NIOSH approved.  Beyond that I only know what has been said anecdotally about them.  While Anita's position is that of a healthcare professional and justifiably concerned with MAXIMUM protection in an up close and personal exposure to an H5N1 patient, I would question the need for an average Joe citizen needing that level of protection.  Now, granted some want to ensure as close to zero risk as can be managed, but if you are quarantining you & yours the high end P100 masks or full face respirators may not be required and the money more usefully spent of food items.

Of course that is just my opinion, worth less than you paid for it.  Some protection is better than no protection and the most protection is best of all.  It's just needs vs perceived needs vs money to spend.  These three items don't always line up in accordance with each other.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaRNpulmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 9:30am
I dont say that nanomasks are against dust, what I say is that 1) the design and concept of the mask itself is not secure 2) I am very sceptic about the nano technology - 3) the design of the mask let the filter too close from the mouth nose, after whatI have seen.
Before buying masks, all of you have to set when, how long and where you will have to use them [at home for nursing a family member, out in town for buying food or common activities, at job place for a full day ...], and then choose the appropriate protection. Sophia is right, there is a difference between caring a suspect or effective patient, being in close contact in public places, and other situations.
But the SARS experience in Toronto is a good reference. Either if we had no cases in France (excepted two from air travelling people), the experience of airport employees having to wear masks is too a refernce for me ... I shall post later about these experiences ...
Besides the shortage of protection was a problem in HK and even Toronto ... and SARS was a little affair, not a pandemic ! Remember that many people had to put on  up to 3 layers of surg masks to get protected (and this even among healthcare staffs!) - and people in HK turn to bra cups to get some protection.
A full protection is in fact less expensive for an extended epidemic situation than many disposable N95 or more half masks ...
Anita
Trigger View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 10:40am
I purchased my nanomasks from www.birdfluprotection.com, has anyone else heard of this site?  How many filters shoud one have for a family of three?

Are there better masks to have?  I'm not sure my daughter could wear a respirator.

Comments please.
Trigger
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 10:53am

Trigger,

I haven't done business with the site you posted, perhaps someone else has.

Masks for children is a HUGE issue.  I can only suggest you Google "N95 Child Mask"  it pulls up stuff, don't know what you are aiming at so I will just leave it at that.

Quantity is dependant on your outside exposure or exposure to someone who is coming in from outside.  Are you going to be employed well into the pandemic?  Many of us won't be so our mask needs would be less than someone who will be out and about on a regular basis.

Sorry, no help, only more questions.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaRNpulmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 10:59am

Hi Trigger

I am not at all convinced by nanomasks; worlwide, they are unknown ... not 3M or other main brands... I have told in previous posts what seems wrong to me in these products - expensive anyway if you buy many filters !!!

Best disposable masks are N99 or N100 of most known brands; they are very similar in filtration and design.

You dont tell when or where you project to use these masks - this can make a big difference !

How old is your daughter ? A child can wear a respirator if it fits well and has valves; before 3-4 years, you need the special hoods with PAPR ventilation (as for the Israeli citizens). More expensive but the safest.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:36am

Fortuitous timing...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/feature/story.cfm?c_id=560&Obj ectID=10364914

Masks at frontline of defence

Face masks are expected to form a key defence against the spread of a bird flu pandemic, although uncertainties remain about their use.

* Human influenza is spread from person to person mainly by large droplets, containing virus, sneezed and coughed out by an infected person.

* Washing hands with soap, alcohol-based or antiseptic cleanser - and drying them - are considered the most important ways of reducing the risk of spreading any infectious organisms between people.

* Various disposable masks are available from pharmacies, hardware stores and medical goods suppliers.

* The World Health Organisation (WHO) recommends use of N95 respiratory masks or well-fitted standard surgical masks.

* N95 masks filter out smaller particles than surgical masks do and can be used for longer, but are harder to breathe through. N95 masks with a exhalation vent are easier to breathe through than those without, but are considered unsuitable for people who have flu.

* One supplier sells surgical masks for just over 20c each ($10.13 for a pack of 50). N95 prices quoted to the Herald range from $1.88 each ($37.75 for a box of 20) at a pharmacy to $5.48 each ($10.95 for a pack of two) at a hardware store.

* The Health Ministry says that in a flu pandemic people with flu symptoms, such as fever, headache and coughing, should consider using a disposable surgical mask to avoid exposing others to flu virus.

* Masks must be appropriately disposed of once wet and hands then washed and dried.

* The ministry recommends increasing levels of protection depending on the risks: from disposable surgical masks for "first responders" like ambulance officers, health workers or support people in the community, to higher-level masks, goggles, gloves and gown for hospital staff performing invasive procedures on flu patients, such as putting them on a ventilator.

* Senior public health adviser Dr Andrea Forde says the role of masks will not be fully known until a pandemic occurs, when the virus' characteristics will be clearer. Sick people will be urged to wear a mask in public but it is unknown if they should do so at home. People with breathing difficulty cannot be left wearing a mask.

* The WHO says mask-wearing by the general population is not expected to have much impact on flu transmission, "but should be permitted, as this is likely to occur spontaneously".

* Cough "etiquette". During a pandemic people should keep a distance of 1m from others, cover their mouth when coughing or sneezing, use disposable tissues over their mouth and nose, put used tissues in a rubbish bin and wash and dry their hands immediately.

* Large public gatherings should be avoided and any social contact with infected people should be avoided if possible.

* Windows should be opened for ventilation or a good air-conditioning system used.

* Employers are urged to put up glass or perspex barriers to protect the likes of supermarket check-out staff and bus drivers.

Rocky View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 12:22pm
Hello everyone,

With the loss of the topic thread comncerning masks, my post
disappeared along with all the other information. I feel obligated to let
you know that we are shipping masks (and indeed have a supply in our
warehouse at this moment).

I am not intending to use this very valuable forum as a way to advertise,
but people are asking for sources of good masks and we do have them, at
least for now. We make very little on these masks and I don't know how
long we will be able to keep getting them from our manufacturer, but
here is the information.

Please don't criticize me for posting this since I am not doing it as an
financial venture but as a possible help to those who have wanted this
information.

I will give you some of the details regarding the mask (more can be found
on our website), then you can go to our site and look for yourself. Our
company offers items for home, work, family emergencies, not pandemics
or terror attacks! But we did want to have available one good mask.

We are a small family company with very narrow profit margins and rely
on computer/electricity, etc. So we will be out of work, just like everyone
else, if the S**T hits the fan. I pray not.

I must add that I have ordered online from another source some isolation
gowns, goggles, hair covering, gloves, shoe covers. If I am caring for an ill
person I have no idea if those items will help or not. Also, due to financial
constrictions, am trying NOT to get things that have no use, other than
in a pandemic. But I felt the items above were an exception.
*+*+*+**+**+
"With flu season arriving and the much talked about threat of a bird flu
pandemic, we have added the best anti-microbe respirator available, the
Triosyn T-3000 shown here. It is a P95 face mask that helps protect
against bacteria, spores, and viruses. Equally important, no emergency
plan can be complete without a good first aid kit. We have featured in this
category three of the most popular kits from Mayday Industries, a leading
provider of emergency first aid kits. First Aid & Survival Kits

Approved by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health,
part of the Center for Disease Control) as a P95 mask, the Triosyn
T-3000™ has the scientifically proven ability throughout its effective life
to trap biological agents with the exclusive anti-microbial action of
Triosyn T50® powder (registered with the EPA).

The CDC recommends a N95 or better mask for anyone exposed to
infectious disease; the Triosyn T-3000 is the ‘or better' mask. With its
higher ‘P95’ designation, the Triosyn has more effective filtration with
neither the aerosol-use nor time-use limitations of the N95......"

www.homeemergencyusa.com       or
www. rockbottomcompany.com   

Rocky
Prepare for the Unexpected!
Rocky
http://www.homeemergencyusa.com
ps36 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 12:38pm

What is the difference between an N95 mask with a valve and without a valve?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:18pm

Rocky,

THANKS!!!

I was hoping you would jump into this.  You aren't "out of line"...we need help with this issue.  I would appreciate any and all pertinent information and help you could/would provide.  And even though you sell masks you provide general information & not with the purpose of "selling" us.

I greatly appreciate your participation!  You are a Gentleman dealing with a touchy issue.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:21pm

ps,

I moved your post because I thought it might provide greater benefit here.  Hope you don't mind.

Debi

lancer View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 4:20pm

Halogen601...

Yes! And More!

You should consider cancellation of your order with Oregon and obtain masks from other distributors. Yes, I have used other distributors and received excellent service and delivery.

www.2hdistributors.com

www.birdfluprotection.com

My order had been placed with Oregon Digital in mid October. Nothing but stall. Finally received a refund after complaints to Pay Pal (do not take "NO" as answer from them since it might be over 45 days). Also the Dept.of Justice and the BBB in Oregon.  Do not place all eggs in one basket with these masks...get a variety.    Good Luck !

lancer
Rocky View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 4:48pm
I believe I read (I am sorry I can't retrace my steps to find the article) that
the difference between mask respirator with valve(s) and without are:

1. possibly keeps fogging of glasses/goggles to a minimum (but with a
good fit you shouldn't have fogging)

2. easier to exhale

However, I stayed away from them because since the airtight properties
and the fit is so important, I didn't want to compromise the effectiveness
of the mask in any way.

I also purchased some layered surgical masks (altho' there are people
who would argue that the amount of layers makes no difference). These
would be used in places of lesser contamination and mostly as a courtesy
to others, rather than protection to the wearer.

Please correct me if my memory didn't serve me well re. pros and cons of
valves. Hope my information is correct.

One last thought: surgical masks are NOT respirator masks. They are
certainly cheaper, but their purposes are very different from a good
respirator mask.

Rocky
Rocky
Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 5:14pm
I was hoping someone could help me out on a few things. I am purchasing my masks and such withing the next 24 hours or so, and I want to make sure I purchase the correct items.

Could someone please tell me which face masks I will need to purchase. I have seen on this site a couple different models/types listed, so I am a bit confused. Also, if anyone has recommendations as to what to use for small children (4 and 6), that would be a great help as well.

Also, I have seen quite a bit of posting about goggles. Could someone please point me in the direction of what I should be purchasing? Do I want Chemical splash goggles, or another type?

The gloves I already have..just plain old latex. Is this correct?

Is there anything else I should be purchasing along those lines? Has anyone bought shoe covers, or gowns, or hair caps?

Thanks in advance!

Better to be safe than sorry....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 5:18pm

look around in this site and read some info..

http://www.bird-flu-influenza.com/how-to-survive-bird-flu.ht m

I have purchased swimming goggles from the dollar store..inexpensive and all the articals I have read so far say they are ok...masks best are n-95..I am using painters masks and will be making coves for our noses and faces...

Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halogen601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 5:34pm
Thanks Lancer.  I did place orders with 2H and Bird Flu Protection (Reynolds) and even though delayed, they kept me up on the progress through e-mails and I eventually received my orders.  I heeded your advice and ordered other N95 varieties.
Rocky View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:19am
Dear Tired and muskrat,

Please look at this forum: go to the Pandemic Survival Tips and Find
Nanomask: Oregon Digital.
Look for the latest postings (at the bottom of the page). There is some
detailed info re respirator masks, etc.

Also, I don't know if swimming goggles would do the job. Does anyone
else have a clue? I know you can get proper protective eyewear at:
http://www.allheart.com/protectiveeyewear.html

I opted for Work Unisex Wrap Around Safety Glass (clear) for $10.

Hope this helps.
Rocky

PS. Perhaps this topic could be moved to a better place?
Rocky
bruss01 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruss01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 7:08am

Health professionals are recommending N95 rated masks.

The mask doesn't necessarily need to filter out particles as small as the virus - the virus will not likely be floating around "free", but will be carried on microscopic droplets of moisture expelled by people who cough or sneeze.  It's these fine, mist-like droplets that are filtered out.  That probably removes 99% of your worries right there.

Some people have expressed concern that the nanomasks will get full too quickly, or too wet from breath condensation.  I've never used them so I can't comment personally.  I have two types of N95 mask, one with a breath valve and one without.  The valve version is for a healthy person who must wear it all day (such as me at work).  The full version is for a sick person who must be tended at home, since it filters their exhaled breath and protects everyone else in the household.  Or for occasional/brief usage by healthy individuals.  The valve helps keep the mask from getting too hot and humid from exhaled breath.

Boozy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:19pm
got bird flu discussion and then got 2 two months into a pandemic 4 some help on certain things................
i'm soory 4 what i've did and 2 say i love everybody n the world............

make your peace now with people u love or know
Boozy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:27pm

goggles wont help u need a gas mask if u go outside,body suits,gloves,

latex is'nt the best i heard get thicker glovers like rubber

nano mask i heard waz good but me i got body duits with the head being covered

things that u know u can't live without having like food,water,light,candels,clothes,etc.............

i'm soory 4 what i've did and 2 say i love everybody n the world............

make your peace now with people u love or know
swankyc View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swankyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:48pm

I have 4 and 6 year old children as well.  I bought the small sized CFR-1 mask for them from here:

http://store.internationalsafetyusa.com/disposable.html

They are N95 masks that seal around a childs face like a nano mask does.

The mask is on the lower left and the replacement filters are 2nd down on the right.  They are very reasonably priced and they came quickly. 

DO NOT purchase nano masks from Oregon Digital.  I've seen too many posts about people asking why they havent gotten their masks.  They are so backlogged as to be unreliable.   Apparently refunds are harder to get than your order.  I got my nano masks from www.2Hdistributors.com.  I went with the 2 mask combo deal and I think you get more filters in the order anyway.  They also came pretty quickly.

Edited by swankyc
I'm not afraid, I'm paranoid. Dont talk too loud, they are listening.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:43pm

This morning I purchased

1 box of 20  - 3M 8110 N95 Particulate Respirators (size small)  - $16 USD

1 box of 20 - 3M 8210 N95 General Use Particulate Respirators (size regular) - $13.75 USD

Priority Shipping - Approx $4.

By the afernoon, the product had been shipped and I received a tracking number to track my package via USPS.

Also, their representative responded to an email question I had asked within 20 minutes.

Great Service.

http://store.pksafety.net/dustmasks.html

Sure2Survive View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sure2Survive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 12:29pm

Here is where you can get Nano masks cheap with free shipping I ordered from them and they are great! Any mask that has a paper or cloth seal cannot completely seal around your face.  The silicone seal around the Nano mask is by far superior to any other mask!  Military approved gas masks do not have a cloth seal!!! they are silicone THINK about it people! I have worn $300 swat team/ Military gas masks they are silicone.  Ask swankyc about what he wore in the Marines for NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) masks! Buy what you want use what you want just remember don't save a buck to loose your life!

http://www.turiyagateway.com/

Sucess requires eye's wide open
jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 3:44pm
Can anyone explain to me a little more about the face masks/respirators? I understand the difference between N95 and N100, but I don't really understand the numbers that come after (ex. 8322, 9211,8210, etc..)

Does it matter which number you get as long as you get at least N95 for your mask???
blackmagicwoman View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackmagicwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2006 at 9:22pm
  I ordered 10 nano mask from  from Oregon Digital  the 1st of Oct.  I recieved One last week.  So now i will be buyin something different.
Mississippi Mama
koolsteve View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koolsteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 11:59pm

Edited by koolsteve
ninjas rule
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaRNpulmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 9:33am
Hi Jackson I shall post everything aboiut these codes in my site  http://avianflu-personal-protection.blogspot.com/.
N95/N99/N100 or
P100 are norms, the other numbers are serial numbers for lineof product, differ from one brand to another.
Anita
jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:21am
Thank you so much Anita. A few months ago, I purchased a few masks (N100, 8322-- i believe--- at the time, i didn't know what kind of purchase so I just picked one type). i have since realized that I didn't have nearly enough masks and I really believe that having masks and other protective gear will help to greatly reduce our chances of infection.
After reading posts on this site, I thougth I would be N95 masks but when I went online I had NO idea which to buy! I saw 8211, 8210, etc.. and I didn't know which kind was best..  I went to your website and learned a lot.

Thanks for much for your help. Your website is great. It's very informative and has helped answer my questions!!!

Millie Jackson
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnitaRNpulmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 11:02am
Hi Jackson please notice that I have not uploaded all page, I have to upload the healtvareparticulate, the gogles, the rubber alf and full face masks, the canistersn the hoods, the PAPR, and leaflets about using .... A lot to be done on adaily basis. So check everyday !
You will fin a lot too in posts by PirateGrl to this forum

jackson View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 11:13am
Thanks, I will check back again soon. I didn't really understand much about the N95 masks, but the pictures on your site  helped. The websites I looked at for ordering the masks all showed pictures, so i thought that was great that you posted pictures as well as descriptions.  I found a few websites that gave recommendations (such as what masks would be bests for people with smaller faces, such as children, which have those exhalation values, etc) and I've used that info, plus  the info on your site, to decide which masks to buy.
I have not gotten any googles yet, other that the ordinary kind for things like chemical splashes, so i will definitely look at  your website when you upload info about googles and other protective equipment.

thanks again!
millie jackson
Rocky View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 4:58pm
Available for IMMEDIATE delivery!

HI again, my hubby and I both tested our Triosyn T-3000™ masks for fit,
ease of putting on, and wearing comfort. We felt we got a good seal for
both of our facial configurations. They were comfortable and quite easy
to breath through, tho as with any mask, it feels good when you take it
off if you have been wearing it quite a while. I was wearing regular glasses
at the time and they did not fog up at all. With the tight fit of goggles I
can't imagine there would be a fogging problem.

Here is some info regarding the masks:

"Approved by NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health, part of the Center for Disease Control) as a P95 mask, the Triosyn
T-3000™ has the scientifically proven ability throughout its effective life
to trap biological agents with the exclusive anti-microbial action of
Triosyn T50® powder (registered with the EPA)...With its higher ‘P95’
designation, the Triosyn has more effective filtration, with neither the
aerosol-use nor time-use limitations of the N95."

NIOSH approved P95 Particulate Respirator
Antimicrobial product protection
Consistent and reliable performance
Carbon layer for relief against nuisance levels of organic vapors
Fluid-resistant outer layer
Secure, comfortable fit w/padding, adjustable nose bridge, low breathing
resistance
Flatfold design for easy storage
At extremely high levels of bacteria and viruses, will perform for a full 8
hours
4 year effective life in the sealed pouch; 8 hrs out of the pouch

Caution: This product contains iodine and should not be used by anyone
allergic or sensitive to iodine, or by anyone pregnant or with a thyroid
condition. All instructions for the use and limitations of the Triosyn
T-3000™ Respirator should be carefully read and understood by the
wearer prior to use.

NOTE: Sold in a box of 10, these T-3000 respirators are individually
packaged in sealed foil pouches. (Color may vary, blue or grey.)

Can be purchased, with immediate delivery, at:
OR
http://www.rockbottomcompany.com

Sure hope this is helpful information. Rocky
Rocky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic