Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Two more Turks beat the bird flu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ps36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two more Turks beat the bird flu
    Posted: January 22 2006 at 6:31pm

..."In my opinion, the virus is probably mutating in a manner favourable to humans," said Van hospital's chief physician, Huseyin Avni Sahin....

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Bird_flu/0,,2-10-1959_186 7413,00.html

Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:11am
That is such good news that those two youngsters survived BF!!!

Better to be safe than sorry....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:22am

I would not stop doing the preps..even in 1918 some beat it some did,nt...and for every good story lately there is 5 bad ones..the scales are still not in our favour..

I understand this is good news especially for the families involved, must have been horrifying for them..

Boozy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:03pm
good news but muskrat iz right................
i'm soory 4 what i've did and 2 say i love everybody n the world............

make your peace now with people u love or know
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 12:53pm

ty boozy..about someone voted in my favour about this..lol...just kidding..

spread_fear View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spread_fear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:04pm
yeah, they beat it.  They must have sought medical help before too much damage was done. still not uplifting for me.  Sign me up for another vote for Muskrat---
Tired View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:25pm
I personally dont like hearing about kids getting sick and dying...so I was just glad to hear that two kids that young survived it. Am I going to start eating my preps...NO!!!!

Just nice to hear about young kids surviving this for a change!!!!

Better to be safe than sorry....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 1:31pm

Here's the key:

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Bird_flu/0,,2-10-1959_186 7413,00.html

[snip]

They Canak brothers owe their recovery partly to their parents, who immediately took the children to a hospital two weeks ago as soon as they saw them playing with a discarded pair of gloves an uncle had worn to handle a brace of ducks dead of avian influenza.

These kids got treatment BEFORE symptoms set in.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic