Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Parmalot milk on sale at walmart 1.28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parmalot milk on sale at walmart 1.28
    Posted: May 22 2006 at 6:07am
I just pick up 20      32 oz container of parmalot milk that was on sale for 1.28 at Walmart...

Because this milk is use mostly for Winter use here in the North it should be going down in price. 

Once it's open it has to be refriderated and will then last 7 to 10 days.  Not that my kids wouldnt drink it in 2 hours.  It taste like milk because it its milk..

My expiration date was Nov.

Parmalot milk is a milk that is kept on the shelves until you need it...It has a shelf like of up to seven month...It's not found everywhere in the U.S. so you may have to look for it on the internet.

It usually is 1.99..  It's available in many countries...
Mrs. T View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:01am
All the Parmalot at my local Walmart expires this month. Is it still good past expiration date? Probably not since it's real milk?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 10:29am
no  I wouldnt trust it...

Ask the manager to order more...
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 7:47pm
Thanks, I will have to check out my Walmart this week.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 9:16pm
Happycamper,

I think you were trying to help me find parmalot previously. While it is not common here I did find it at one local grocery store for $1.79.
Char View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Char Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2006 at 8:55pm
This is great to know, I've been wondering what I was going to buy milkwise...will check out my Wal-Mart asap.  Thumbs Up
Hydrangea View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydrangea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2006 at 6:21am
I was at WM a week ago and bought some Parmalot after reading this. For those who can't tolerate dairy milk I found that all varieties of soy milk, located in a different section of the food department, were also on sale. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 4:44pm

I've used this for vacations, ever since my kids were little.  And I've always kept it on hand in my pantry ever since.  Nice to have on hand when returning home, after being away for a week or so.  I'm thinking that it may also be combined w/ powdered milk to help stretch that and help out with the taste.  What do you think?? Problem is the shelf life is less than a year.  I'm trying to hold out buying a lot till I can see I need to for that reason.  It tastes just like fresh!-k

Never2late View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Never2late Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 6:11pm
I have found Parmalot but also soymilk comes packaged the same way. Long non-refrigerated shelf-life (over a year) and on sale for about a buck. Tastes OK...in vanilla. My wife drinks it regularly anyway, I can tolerate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic