Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

FOODSAVERS / VACUUM SEALERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOODSAVERS / VACUUM SEALERS
    Posted: May 22 2006 at 11:08am
Hope it's okay to start this thread here.  Since there is one on canning, I thought a thread on vacuum sealing would be great.

I just bought a FoodSaver yesterday.  I really like it, but would like more ideas on how you are using foodsavers in prepping.

For example.  If I buy a box of Cheerios off the shelf at the grocery store and it has an expiration date of November 2006, will vacuuming the product make it last BEYOND it's stated date?

And for something like cereal, would you just vacuum the whole box, or what?  I saw a thread on 1/2 gallon jars...how do you vacuum pack with those?

Thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 9:01am
Hi netti4263!I have had a foodsaver for years now.The best way to preserve cereals is in jars.Any jars that have the pop up button.Just make sure when you open one of these jars is not to crimp the sides.I also suggest that you save jars such as pasta sauce etc.Sanatize them for later use.Yes vacuum sealing cereals will extend the shelf life.Do you have a jar sealer?That is most helpful.There is also something called a univeral jar sealer.It is not made by the Tilia company but some very clever guy.Very inexpensive and works like a charm.I'd also like to suggest that you check out a yahoo group called foodsaver.They have many helpful suggestions and links to inexpensive bag materials and so forth.Its' a very active group and I find that subscribing to the digest cuts down on email.I'll post a link to universal jar sealer.I can't praise it enough. By the way I am in no way with the inventor of the jar sealer, just a very satisfied customer.Hope this helps.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 9:03am

netti4263: Hers is the link to that sealer.www.universaljarsealer.com I forgot to mention that they use pump n' seal check valves.That pump n' seal would useful to have in your preps as well. I own one as well as my food saver.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:34am
Grace your are welcome.Glad to be of help!
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 10:51am
anon54,

That's terrific! I just ordered the gift pack.

Thanks!
Survival does have an 'I'!

Dodging 'canes on Florida's central Gulf Coast
oknut View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oknut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:03am
Originally posted by anon54 anon54 wrote:

<FONT style=": #222222">netti4263: Hers is the link to that sealer.www.universaljarsealer.com I forgot to mention that they use pump n' seal check valves.That pump n' seal would useful to have in your preps as well. I own one as well as my food saver.

Thank you for that tip and link!
I have the jar sealing attachments for regular mouth and wide mouth jars, but they don't work on anything but canning jars. I love using jars instead of bags for many things and just ordered one of these.
sweetpea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 2:27pm
Food savers also work great for items you need to put in your "bug-out" or "go-bags."  Ideal to water proof and prevent spills or leakage with anything that might "spill or leak."  Also a good place to put your "important" copies of your documents, money ... just remember to make a little "V" cut right up next to the seal so you can easily open the bag. 
"When an emergency arises, the time for preparation is past."
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 7:20am
Nettie4263, a vacuum sealer will extend shelf life by a factor of three to five since it completely removes oxygen. I really like the idea of pre-preparing rice dishes that I can boil. Much less mess later when water will most likely be scarce.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 5:47pm
Where is the cheapest place to buy the bags (or containers)? I've seen them at Walmart, and wondered if that's the cheapest or if anyone has another place they get them.

nettie4263 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 2:11pm
Ordering the universal jar sealer...thanks!
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 11:49am
I've read here that the Wal-Mart bags are the cheapest, but I have found some Black & Decker bags at my Wal-Mart that were a better buy.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 7:55pm
Hi,

My local Walmart only carries the quart bags (22 bags for $9.27) however, I really like the pint size bags which Target carries (32 bags for $9.xx)  The pint bags are 6" x  9" and I use them to vac seal individual chicken breasts / fish fillets etc. 

Using the food saver is great.  It extends cheese life (in the fridge) 3 to 6x longer.  Before vac. packing, shredded cheese would go bad in a month.  Now I can hold a package for 6 months without a problem. 

I'm also vac. Packing 5 lb sacks of flour and sugar to keep moisture and bugs out over the summer.  If your tilia came with the canning adapter, you can pack cereal in glass canning jars and vac seal them.  It works great.

Enjoy your new toy!
K.

packrat/mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packrat/mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 3:44pm
DOES ANYONE WHO HAS THE UNIVERSAL JAR SEALER KNOW IF YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN APPLESAUCE AND THEN PUT IT IN WASHED/STERILIZED JARS FROM GROCERY APPLESAUCE?  I SAVE ALL MY JARS AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS WOULD WORK.  IT SOUNDS LIKE EVERYONE IS PUTTING MOSTLY DRY ITEMS INTO THE JARS. 
packrat/mama
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 6:33pm
packrat/mama,as long as you don't crimp the sides of the lid I dont see why it wouldn't work.Just keep it in the fridge.I think its a great idea.Mind sharing your recipe?I love applesauce,I have a great recipe fron cooking with pressure,I think thats' the title.The book was written by Lorna J. Sass.
packrat/mama View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packrat/mama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2006 at 7:36pm
anon54 - Wow - that was my grandmother's name , "Anon".  I don't have an applesauce recipe - I'm one of those " wing-it" cooks, for the most part.
I got rid of my victorio strainer years ago, when we moved into town, thinking I'd never use it again.  Last summer bought all the canning supplies and decided to GO BACK TO BASICS , before I even heard of BF. 
Planning to purchase a pressure cooker, managed to snag a used range that hubby's co-worker was getting rid of for basement use.  Stocking meats in freezer, planning to can those.  Thanks for advice on Jar Sealer - think I may invest in one. 
packrat/mama
BasketCaseDiva View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BasketCaseDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 6:17am
I would be lost without my FoodSaver! I love that thing. We buy in bulk alot since we're feeding a mini basketball team .  I buy the double pack bags at WalMart, they are cheaper and you get more than buying the FoodSaver brand. They work just like the FoodSaver brand also. I think they are $6 and change for the two pack of the gallon size bags compared to almost $9 and change for one roll of the FoodSaver ones. I also use them to marinate beef jerky in, since it basically "fast" marinates the meat when you vac seal it. I just put the meat in the pre portioned cut bag, add my marinade, vac seal, put in fridge for about a couple hours then take out and slap it in the dehydrator. Saves time and actually we think it adds more flavor to the meat since it gets sucked into the grain with the vac sealing process. We've started making jerky to add to our food supply as an alternative meat source in case the power goes, etc. Can't ever go wrong with good ole beef jerky LOL
Attention: Traveling Circus...please keep hands inside car and do not feed the animals

www.basketcasedivas.com
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 6:44am
I wondered who would start this thread. I'm glad someone did :)

We've had a unit for years, but have never used it. Mom got it as a gift, but there was manual...or at least not one that she can find now. I've looked on the net, but have been unlucky. So, anyone with a Kenmore Saver willing to tell me how to even turn this thing on?
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2006 at 7:56am
Originally posted by FictionWriter FictionWriter wrote:

So, anyone with a Kenmore Saver willing to tell me how to even turn this thing on?

There's a good chance that it is a FoodSaver with a Kenmore label. Go here to search for a suitable manual: http://foodsaver.jardendirect.com/productmanuals.ad2 .

TxCowboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxCowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 7:08am
Does anyone know if you need to add an oxygen absorber when vac sealing dry stuff....like rice, beans, etc.???
ToniD.
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2006 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by TxCowboy TxCowboy wrote:

Does anyone know if you need to add an oxygen absorber when vac sealing dry stuff....like rice, beans, etc.???

I haven't and don't plan to. I do freeze for three days prior to vac packing.

ETA FictionWriter, did you have any luck in finding a manual?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2006 at 12:07pm
No luck yet in findinf that manual. It's a Kenmore Seal-n-Save, and it's made in italy. Any suggestions? Sears does not have manuals on-line :(
July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2006 at 3:53pm
what brand of vacuum sealers do you have and do you like it?
lkay View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 6:56am
Nettie, where did you get your FoodSaver. Can you buy it at a store or do you have to order it?  Hubby and I were looking at one at WalMart but was unsure if it was a good one or not.
starfire View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 4:56pm
Fiction Writer..Your Kenmore Seal n save may just be a sealer not a vacuum seal which is what you really need.Because the vacuum sealer sucks the air out.I have both type but the seal n saver just plug in lift lid light comes on wait 3 minutes then put a bag(has to be the type made for sealers) over the heat strip(becareful not to burn yourself)then close lid on the bag only take a second or two,thats it.But A vacuum sealer you'll hear it sucking out the air.Hope this helps.
starfire View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 5:04pm
Vacuum sealers can be found lots of places Walmart,Target(that where I got mine)Kmart,ebay,Amazon,overstock.com.Linen-n-Things,hardware stores,lot of drug stores have them too.Wierd I know but Walgreens,etc. actually have some cool stuff,even for prepping.Just get a middle priced one.Mines a Rival Seal-A-Meal vacuum sealer.I like it.
2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 8:06pm
I've purchased three vacuum sealers here: http://foodsaver.jardendirect.com/products.ad2?CatalogID=1085 . In fact I only paid for two. The third was a freebie special on a top line FoodSaver. Hug

This site always has specials. Keep checking until the unit you want is reduced. Wink

lkay View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 5:19am
I bookmarked that website 2ifbyc. I suppose any of these foodsavers will work with the jar sealer mentioned earlier?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 3:16pm

netti4263: Hers is the link to that sealer.www.universaljarsealer.com I forgot to mention that they use pump n' seal check valves.That pump n' seal would useful to have in your preps as well. I own one as well as my food saver.

Does this jar sealer seem to use as much vacuum as the foodsaver?  Using it on jars and reusing those jars with their check valves, wouldn't that be the cheapest way to vacuum seal food, without using a foodsealer?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 3:45am
I'm making my own Hamburger Helper-style mixes, complete with noodles, and vacuum-sealing them.  Rice-a-Roni-style flavored rice, too.  Much cheaper and better-tasting than store-bought. Big smile

I thought about vacuum-sealing cereal into bags, but the cereal would probably get crushed.  Maybe I should get some jars for that.  Mine has some kind of jar attachment, but I haven't used it.

Our Walmart had some FoodSaver systems on clearance for $60 a couple of weeks ago.  I had an older FreshSaver system, but it bit the dust.  It was a little difficult to use (or perhaps I'm just uncoordinated - LOL!).  It was a 2-piece unit, with a "sucker" and a separate "sealer".   My new one is all one piece ... much easier. Smile

Campers and backpackers might find it handy to vacuum-seal their matches, lantern mantles, etc. to keep them from getting wet.

Lots of uses for these gadgets! LOL

lkay View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 7:14am
Annika, the Hamburger Helper mixes sound like a great idea. Would you mind sharing the recipe?  I went to Walmart yesterday and saw the Foodsaver so decided to buy it there and save the shipping and handling charges. I was excited, like a kid with a new toy. I opened it up and it was dirty!  Scratched up. Someone had returned it and hadn't bothered to clean it up. Something about someone else's dirt (especially someone you don't know) that makes you feel like you've been exposed to all kinds of germs!  Put it back in the box.....and washed my hands reallllly good.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 3:52pm
Eeeww about the used sealer!  Seems like Walmart would've opened it and checked it before putting it back on the shelf.

Here's the link to the Hamburger Helper recipes.  I used the first one to make the basic mix, then added about 1/3 cup of powdered cheddar cheese and two cups of egg noodles to make a "Cheeseburger"-type mix.  I haven't tried any of the variations yet, but they sound really good. Smile

2ifbyC View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ifbyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by lkay lkay wrote:

I bookmarked that website 2ifbyc. I suppose any of these foodsavers will work with the jar sealer mentioned earlier?

You are correct. Thumbs Up

lkay View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lkay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:41am
Thanks annika. I'll check that website out. When I returned the Foodsaver, the sales person said it should never have been put back on the shelf...that if I wanted to get another one I could open it there in the store to make sure it was new. I told her that is what I would do. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 8:26pm

On purchasing a foodsaver -- look for one with a manual seal button (besides the automatic button).  Sometimes the vac just keeps running and doesn't seal - not too often, but enough to need the manual override.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nettie4263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 8:23am
Originally posted by lkay lkay wrote:

Nettie, where did you get your FoodSaver. Can you buy it at a store or do you have to order it?  Hubby and I were looking at one at WalMart but was unsure if it was a good one or not.

I was incorrect when I started this thread and said I had a FoodSaver.  (I was at work when I posted and it wasn't in front of me).  I actually have a Rival Seal-A-Meal.  I bought it at Wal-Mart.  I REALLY like it.  It wasn't expensive and it works very well. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 9:56am
Ok.  I have a FoodSaver and I love that thing.  I love my American Harvest dehydrator, too.  I am looking for those jars you can seal.  I saw them as a set somewhere and you can reseal them.  Know where I can find them?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 3:43pm
Sometimes the seals don't stay sealed.  I started making two seals on them.  Do you first seal, let the unit cool  and them put a second seal.  That way you have a backup.  If using the bags that you cut to size yourself, put a double seal on both ends.  Works great.
ImmuneConcerned View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImmuneConcerned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 11:29pm
 I am looking for those jars you can seal.  I saw them as a set somewhere and you can reseal them.  Know where I can find them?

Farm and Fleet carries Food Savers and has jars right next to them which I think may be what you are referring to.  Saw them on the shelf today at Farm & Fleet in Germantown, WI.   Looking because you guys seemed to talk me into purchasing a Food Saver.  Thanks.  I haven't had anything like it before.
ImmuneConcerned
July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 11:51am
I have been having trouble with my vacuum sealed rice unsealing while in storage. I am thinking the rice may be poking into the bag and making a hole any one else experince this?
So now I am trying putting the rice inside of a plastic bag and then in the vaccum bag,
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:22pm
July, I had that problem as well,I've even had penne pasta pierce the bag too.May I suggest canning jars or something like a spaghettie sauce jar?
July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 11:20am
[QUOTE=anon54]Hi netti4263!I have had a foodsaver for years now.The best way to preserve cereals is in jars.Any jars that have the pop up button.Just make sure when you open one of these jars is not to crimp the sides.I also suggest that you save jars such as pasta sauce etc.Sanatize them for later use.

Are you just storing in the pop top jars such as pasta jars or can you vacuum seal them as well?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2006 at 12:59pm

July, yes I use pasta jars and yes you can vacuum seal them as well. I either use the universal jar sealer, pump'seal or the food saver jar sealer.Sometimes I don't even bother to vacuum seal the jars, depends on how lazy I feel.lol Hope this helps. Take care

July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 3:14pm

July, yes I use pasta jars and yes you can vacuum seal them as well. I either use the universal jar sealer, pump'seal or the food saver jar sealer.Sometimes I don't even bother to vacuum seal the jars, depends on how lazy I feel.lol Hope this helps. Take care

Sorry another question I have the food save jar sealer and it does not fit snug on the pop top jar like it does on the wide mouth canning jar so how do I seal the pop top jar.
thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2006 at 2:47am
July, I'm sorry I misunderstood your question.I think a pump n' seal would work best.I do own one and have had it for years. I have no reservations in recommending it to you. It just may be a boon if we lose power when tshtf! I'd also like to suggest you check out the Foodsaver group at yahoo, they have great tips! Hope this helps.
mamasjob View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasjob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 5:05pm
Ok...couple o' silly questions...

I am new to the whole vacuum sealing of food concept..;)

If I were to purchase a food sealer...which would you recommend?
How expensive are the bags?

Regarding the universal jar sealer (great concept by the way)....don't you have to cover the "punched hole" in the jar lid once you are through removing the oxygen?  Isn't there a remaining hole in the top....or does it seal somehow?

Thanks for any info you can share~ JB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic