Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

FOODSAVERS / VACUUM SEALERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2006 at 10:23pm
mamasjob, with respect to the universal jar sealer, yes you have to make a small puncture on the jar lid.You then seal it with a check valve exactly like the ones on the pump n' seal. I use a Tilia brand and frankly my life isn't worth living without it lol! As for bag sources I recommend the Yahoo group FoodSaver, they always have links for cheap bag material. Hopes this helps you out!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 4:50pm
Storage space is an issue with me and I am down looking desperately for space.  Is there any reason why I can't take the pudding & pie filling out of its box and little waxy sealed bag-thingy and use my vacuum sealer to repackage just the powder?  Because I am trying to lose weight and sometimes only something sweet will do, I often mix non-fat dry milk and a hefty tablespoon of non-fat dry pudding & pie filling.  It is sort of like a milkshake if you let it sit for a about five minutes in the frig.  I use a lot of it and will continue to during a pandemic but those darned boxes are two times the size they need to be plus it would be trash I would have to get rid of later. They would be in a very dark location and cool.  I must have a hundred of those boxes and if I opened say 10 chocolates and put it all in one bag, and then 10 vanillas and so on and so on making sure that the bags all contain product with the same expiration dates would that be okay?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 9:27am
Cabinlass:No reason why you can't do that.I do something similar with my Hamburger Helper.I package the noodles that take roughly the same amount of time to cook together with the little packets of sauce and seasonings.I use the manual seal button and I'm good to go.
abbay View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abbay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2010 at 12:27am
I supposed that you can use foodsaver....and can preserve the food....I have a food-saver that I could not live without. I rarely use it to vacuum seal items, however, I ALWAYS use it to reseal potato chip bags, frozen food bags, etc...for more detail...

http://www.foodsaverblog.com/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic