Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Catching a whiff of something

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Catching a whiff of something
    Posted: June 01 2006 at 8:18pm
Just to say I am catching a whiff of something going on.  Could just be the start of Hurricane season, could be something else.  If it is something else I will be back.
Major Dad hopes you are all alive and well and looking out for each other
gw_doc View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gw_doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 8:21pm
meaning?
NawtyBits View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NawtyBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 8:52pm
Bump for more info.

MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 8:54pm
Seeing some unusual traffic that could be Hurricane preparedness or I don't know.   Just need to watch for a day or two and see if it keeps up. 
gw_doc View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gw_doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 8:54pm
standy by....thanks major dad.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 9:13pm
I'm in NC,....could you be referring to something that has to do with the rather large military caravan I saw today, June 1st?

I wonder where they were going,.... alota trucks, jeeps and some with a large red cross. Hmmmmmmm.

MK

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 10:05pm
I have a friend who is a genuis btw, any way he has this theory about terrorist activity, it has to do with dates that correspond with significant numbers in Islam. He has been correct on something like five out of eight predicitons so far. His latest is 06/06/06. I can't remember now what he said the number 666 represents in Islam, but it doesn't mean the same thing as in the Christian world. In Islam it's a positive number.
Hey, has anyone ever heard that the zip code for the Sear Tower in Chicago is 060606? I could be speaking in code here, maybe. five out of eight isn't bad
Glow View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:09am
Hey rodin, my husband said to me the other day, "did you know we are approaching 06/06/06 in a few days?"....I shrugged it off and said, "so"...but it scared me and made me think.  Then he came back and said,"could it be the day of something big to start?".....he knows I read about the avian flu and I have "made" him read some articles...he thinks it is scary but at the same time he is avoiding the issue....but perhaps all this talk about 06/06/06 has got him thinking. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:26am
It feels like a cover up
Bill 100 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 3:41am
They could be going to the the Mexican border too, Bush deployed a bunch. They said on the news some would spend their weekend drill time down there, and today is Friday.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 4:50am
Thanks Majdad.
Glow - I don't think viruses have calendars.
Beth
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 5:11am
SEARS TOWER
233 S WACKER DR
CHICAGO IL 60606-6306
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 6:54am
I need another cup of coffee ......... Confused
maryk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:04am
"We are concerned that people using poultry sheds as shelter are at risk from avian flu and salmonella," said Dr Bayugo

+

"We're tying to fix this leak in the roof, and there's a storm," World Health Organization spokesman Dick Thompson said. "The storm is that the virus is in animals almost everywhere and the lack of effective attention that's being addressed to the problem."

+

Nurse with bird flu-like symptoms hospitalized in Bandung, W Java

+

Jakarta - The World Health Organisation (WHO) admitted Thursday it was having difficulty identifying the source of bird flu infection in a case where seven people in the same family died of the virus.

I think I smell it too.
Mrs. T View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:07am
We live close to a military base. Almost everyday there are a couple planes and helicopters that fly over, but this past week we have seen helicopters with big red crosses on them.
purplepanther View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplepanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:26am
I live in Columbus which is close to Camp Atterbury in Indiana.There is something going all the time
Linda View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:27am
It would seem to me that military movement from various locations would be expected....We had a lot of movement here at one time....now in North Carolina you say?....hmmmmm could it be because we are at war?
Not meaning to sound so sarcastic but I guess it bothers me that sometimes people in this country seem to forget that we are in the middle of not one but 2 wars.
Insanity is making the same mistakes and expecting different results....therefore...Those who don't learn from history are bound to go insane.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:52am
Maybe Majad should wash his underwear!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:54am
Originally posted by maryk maryk wrote:

"We are concerned that people using poultry sheds as shelter are at risk from avian flu and salmonella," said Dr Bayugo

+

"We're tying to fix this leak in the roof, and there's a storm," World Health Organization spokesman Dick Thompson said. "The storm is that the virus is in animals almost everywhere and the lack of effective attention that's being addressed to the problem."

+

Nurse with bird flu-like symptoms hospitalized in Bandung, W Java

+

Jakarta - The World Health Organisation (WHO) admitted Thursday it was having difficulty identifying the source of bird flu infection in a case where seven people in the same family died of the virus.

I think I smell it too.

Link Please !!
iameuru111 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iameuru111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 9:27am
i was talking to an acquaintance of mine last week, who is in the army reserve. he was excited about his yearly 2 week training that was coming up in  a couple of weeks. could this be what people are seeing. might just be the usual thing happening? just wondering
iameuru111 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iameuru111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 9:28am
oh, by the way, he said he didn't know anything about bird flu.
Bill 100 View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill 100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 9:39am
Indiana Nat Guard
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 10:03am
There is a big 'national FEMA' hurricane preparation conference going on right now to plan for the new hurricane season. All the shoreline states are involved.
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 10:48am
Ok everyone go back to sleep.  The traffic I was see was contingentice planning and not as hot as it appeared at first.

I am sorry to get you all upset will watch it in the future. 
whispering wind View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whispering wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:29pm
Unless the post counter is broken, the above post is from an imposter. Note the first post from MajDad is #191  the above post is also #191 ?????
Should be 192 ????
You must learn the past, in order to understand the future.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:30pm
Also, the impostor can't spell!   
RedTea View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedTea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:51pm
Uh, that's the number of posts that he has total, not the post number... I would suggest learning about the messageboard a little more before you go spouting tripe like this. Sorry for the bluntness, but gracious, it's rather annoying to find a conspiracy theorist in every single thread...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort!
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by whispering wind whispering wind wrote:

Unless the post counter is broken, the above post is from an imposter. Note the first post from MajDad is #191  the above post is also #191 ?????
Should be 192 ????
191 is the total number of post made.  Posts are not numbered here.  Here, watch, I'll double post this.
Dax
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:55pm
You heard of Straight Jackets.

They now have Paranoid Jackets and there coming to take you away ha ha he he to the funny farm where life is wonderful all the time.

DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:56pm
191 is the total number of post made.  Posts are not numbered here.  Here, watch, I'll double post this.
Dax
DAX COM View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAX COM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 1:59pm

See?   You all are really on the edge of your seats here aren't you?  Take a couple deep breaths and relax, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Dax
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 3:32pm
LOLLOLLOLClapClapLOLLOL
MAJDAD View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAJDAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 3:36pm

Ok Folks, just chill the heck out. Let me also say I did not expect the response and I am very sorry if I freaked you way out.

As a way of explaining myself. Over the past three weeks I have been seeing a lot of traffic on Hurricane season. I have also seen some things which could go to other things. Yesterday I saw something come across that was very unusual. Posted that I had a whiff of something and I would get back when I knew for sure. I did not expect the response. It was just a way of giving you a heads up that something unusual was happening.

Spent the morning tracking it down. It is only Contingence planning and putting things in place that can be used IN THE EVENT we have ANY type of disaster in the country.

I now understand why no one wants to put anything out until all of the facts are in. That will not happen again.

To alay a lot of you fears, the Government is leaning very far forward to be there when needed. I think Katrina and Wilma got to them. They are doing every thing they can to not let that happen again.

Two new sites are now up one is www.ready.com and the other is www.citizencorps.gov.

Folks I have been just as spooked as you on the Avian Flu. However this experience has taught me to keep my mouth shut.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 3:39pm
MajDad,
No problems.  We are all just like a bunch of baby chicks.  Momma flies off to get a worm and we are left with our beaks open.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 4:21pm

I’d like to know if you see anything happening.  We’re not going to get an official notice that a pandemic has begun - we have to watch for it.

And to the crowd -  people can disagree with each other without being rude.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 4:38pm

MAJDAD, Please keep brainstorming. That’s what I call a lot of us doing when we put out what we see, hear, suspect, think we’ve observed, overheard someone’s business, etc. Please ignore those who speak so quickly and don’t investigate or question others respectfully.

My comments on the military movements: We are buying a large piece of equipment from another state. Suddenly on Wednesday night 11:15PM our salesman calls, waking us up at home to tell us he’s been activated and gave us his employers’ number to call the next morning to make different delivery arrangements. He’s National Guard. It is that time of year for their two-three week maneuvers; I guess that’s what happened to him. HMMMM????

Please continue to speak with your suspicions and I for one will listen and brainstorm with you. Thanks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by MAJDAD MAJDAD wrote:

However this experience has taught me to keep my mouth shut.

NOOOOOO MAJDAD

I love your posts and really look forward to them. Please keep the info going.
We all seem a bit edgy. There are other potential problems looming. Things are threatening to overwhelm us. IMO we need to know about everything that people are observing.

This could happen to any of us with any thread we start but we can't be silent. No harm, no foul.
Mayy View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 6:52pm
cool MajorDad... your Whiff scared up 1303 reads...

Now if that was folks buying something ... Smile
Doodlebug View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodlebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:35pm
Funny how MAJDAD (a.k.a. MajDad and majdad) is having such a good time running this exact same thread on wiki today.  His posts here can be viewed verbatim over there, and what d'ya know...he's also left all of them hanging in limbo with his cryptic messages throughout this entire day as well.  Oh, whoops, except for when he popped in once or twice to tell them to go "back to sleep," that is.

This guy, whoever he may or may not be, has watched dozens of people beg him all day long for details. He's popped in and out of the message boards for hours and hours without once bothering to clarify himself or to assuage people's concerns.   In fact, he's waited all day long to wrap this ridiculous thread up with nothing but a lame story about hurricane-preparedness.

After reading through MAJDAD's pasts posts I conclude that it's a tough call as to whether or not it's really him.  The syntax is very similar.  I can only hope that it's not him though, because he's never toyed with people nor wasted their time like this before. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:43pm

How do I find this spot on wiki?

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Texasgirl Texasgirl wrote:

MajDad,
No problems.  We are all just like a bunch of baby chicks.  Momma flies off to get a worm and we are left with our beaks open.

Baby stellar's jay        Sorry ... couldn't resist! Wink

Doodlebug View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodlebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:02pm
Annie, you can find deja-vu all over again here:

http://www.*********.com/pmwiki.php?n=Forum.CatchingAWhiffOfSomething
Mayy View Drop Down
advanced Member
advanced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:06pm
Let's not be too hard on our fellow forum members.  We all have something to add...and detract at times.  Some may think a few of my posts far out...  they keep disappearing LOL
Doodlebug View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodlebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:06pm
Oh great. 

Annie, remove my (-) dashes for the correct link.

http://www.f-luwik-ie.com/pmwiki.php?n=Forum.CatchingAWhiffOfSomething

I don't understand why we're censored from mentioning this site if it's relevant to the topic at hand.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2006 at 8:48pm
ReadyMom,
That was great....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic