Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Costco has dehydrated food kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrenpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Costco has dehydrated food kits
    Posted: June 11 2006 at 9:07pm
My wife just went to Costco the other day in Clearwater, Florida and saw that they are now stocking dehydrated food kits.  I believe she said the kits were for 3 months/1 person and were about $120 more or less.  If I get more details, I'll pass them on. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 6:16am
Great, I'd like more info if you canget it. Jo
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 7:50am
Any details as to what is in the kit? TIA
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 7:30pm
To see the 44.99 kit - American Preparedness First Responder Emergency Fanny Pack / 1-person, 3-day go to:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11100526&whse=&topnav=&cat=28299&hierPath=589*28288*28299*

To see the $124.99 - American Preparedness Emergency Backpack Kit Crew / 4 Person, 3-day kit go to:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11100551&whse=&topnav=&cat=28299&hierPath=589*28288*28299*

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2006 at 7:38pm
Info listed for the $44.99 kit:

American Preparedness is a Service Disabled Veterans supported business that has designed the 7203 –“First Responder” – emergency preparedness kit to sustain an individual for 72 hours (three days) and allow them to respond and comfort those in need in the event of emergency. Built to the highest standards available these kits are used by Professionals who are prepared to respond to help themselves and others. Sleek fanny pack allows for ultimate movement and fast response.

The contents are packed into a sturdy, easily identifiable, fanny-pack. The 7203 contains enough food rations, water and other emergency supplies, such as an emergency space blanket, flashlight, water-resistant radio with batteries, and emergency poncho to provide 1 person with the items needed to assist and survive in a catastrophe. This deluxe first responder kit is used by professionals across the country. This kit is a must for the serious outdoor person as well. It is ideal for storing in an automobile, SUV, camper, or mobile home.

Contents:

10 Datrex Emergency Drinking Water Pouches: 5-year shelf life, approved by U.S. Coast Guard & Canadian Department of Transportation
1 Datrex Food Bar Package: Package is vacuum sealed with 12 individually wrapped bars that contain 200 calories each allowing a person a total of 2,400 calories for 3 days (5-year shelf life, all natural ingredients, approved by USCG & Canadian DOT)
1 Thermal Blanket: Full size 84" x 52" reflects up to 90% of body heat
2 Body/Hand Warmers: Air activated for 12 hours of warmth each)
1 Poncho: Lightweight weather protection with hood
3 Plastic bags
2 Light Sticks: Safe, glowing light lasts up to 12 hours each
1 Flashlight with D cell batteries
1 Whistle
1 Deck Playing Cards
1 Storage Cylinder
1 Dust Mask
1 Pair Leather Palm Gloves
1 Yard Duck Tape
1 AM/FM Radio with AA batteries

Hygiene Supplies:

Tissue packet
Towelettes
Infectious Body Waste bag
Feminine Napkins

First Aid Pack:

Package of 2" x 2" Gauze Pads
Abdominal Pad
Plastic Strips
Roll Tape
Towelettes
Antibiotic ointment
Latex Gloves
Alcohol Wipes
Red Cross Instruction Card

Info listed for the $124.99 kit:

American Preparedness is a Service Disabled Veterans supported business that has designed the 7204 emergency preparedness kit to support four people for 72 hours (three days). This is the ideal backpack for preparing your family for an emergency. Being mobile and able to sustain and comfort your family is essential. It is used by professional crews and work units in mobile groups of four or less.

The contents are packed into a sturdy, easily identifiable, red back-pack. The 7204 contains enough food rations, water and other emergency supplies, such as emergency space blankets, flashlights, water-resistant radio with batteries and emergency ponchos to provide 4 people with the items needed to assist in surviving a natural or man made disaster.

It can also provide comfort and support if your auto breaks down, your stranded, power outages, wind storms etc. It is great support for campers, sports people, hikers and for those engaged in other outdoor activities.

Contents:

40 Datrex Emergency Drinking Water Pouches: 5-year shelf life, approved by U.S. Coast Guard & Canadian Department of Transportation
2 Two-gallon Collapsible Water jug
4 Datrex Food Bars Packages: Each package is vacuum sealed with 12 individually wrapped bars that contain 200 calories each allowing each person a total of 2,400 calories for 3 days (5-year shelf life, all natural ingredients, approved by USCG & Canadian DOT)
4 Emergency Survival Blankets: Full size 84" x 52" reflects up to 90% of body heat
8 Air Activated Body/Hand Warmers
4 Ponchos: Lightweight weather protection with hood
4 Light Sticks: Safe, glowing light lasts up to 12 hours each
2 Flashlights with D cell batteries
2 Whistles
1 Deck Playing Cards
2 Small Storage Cylinders
4 Dust Masks
1 Multi-function Knife
1 Box of Waterproof Matches
2 Pair Leather Palm Gloves
1 Tarpaulin: 5' x 7'
1 Pry Bar
1 AM/FM Radio with AA batteries
1 50-foot rope (2/8 sisal)
1 Children's Coloring Book & Crayons   

Hygiene Supplies:

4 Pocket Tissue packets
12 Wet Wipes
2 Biohazard waste bags
6 Sanitary pads
9 Plastic bags
2 Toothbrushes
2 Toothpastes

First Aid Pack:

Assorted Gauze Pads
Conform Gauze Roll
Abdominal Pad
Telfa Pads
Plastic Strips
Antiseptic Wipes
Antibiotic ointments
Latex Gloves
Scissors
Tweezers
Finger Splints
Eye Pad
Ointment
Cleansing Pads
First Aid Guide
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 12:32am
These kits are like the earthquake preparedness three-day kits that are being sold on the internet.  I got them for all of our family members here in CA.
darrenpb View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrenpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 7:41am

Just got back into town.  I'll stop by Costco and try to get some details this week.

darrenpb View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrenpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 12:26pm
The kits listed above are not what I was talking about.  They just started stocking kits that included only dehydrated food.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2006 at 7:01pm
Sorry, when you mentioned the words "kit", I thought this was what you meant...   
PATB View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PATB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 2:46pm
we bought (2) 25 lb containers at Costco. Each has 275 servings. Each pack serves (5) people. Shelf life is 20years!!  Menu is: Barley vegetables. blueberry pancakes, ala King, cacciatore, cntry noodle, corn chowder, potato-bacon, rice lentil, western stew, whey milk.  It stores great. Yes, at $120 we felt a pinch. But, if you need to grab and run supplies to the car.....
Pat
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2006 at 6:37pm
I shop in a Costco in Delaware (home of tax free shopping! lol). I haven't seen those survival packs, or anything related to dehydrated food or disaster preps. I do plan to go to Delaware this weekend for  a prep run so I'll look and see what they have to offer. What I am seeing locally is good buys you know 10 for &10 sales and so forth. Chiefly things with long storage lives like veggies and stuff like that. That's the odd thing nothing overt.
KwaiChangCaine View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KwaiChangCaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 6:10am

I think the kit in this thread is the subject of this lawsuit, but I have no other info than this link:

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. - Albert Einstein
Hydrangea View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydrangea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 8:15am
There was a discussion about the Costco food packs here in August where the following information was posted:
"If the contents of a bucket of Costco “Emergency Food Supply Three month food supply for one person” are consumed at 3 servings per day over a 91-2/3 day period as directed, a person would receive average daily nutrition of 455 calories, with 18 grams of protein."

Calling it a three month supply is just wrong. One month for one person would be more accurate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic