Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

PREPPING ON A BUDGET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 4:10pm
For those who sew: (not hard to learn the basics...)

When you are at these places (and clothes go for next to nothing at garage sales):  Baby clothes are abundant. 

But for the older child, purchase adult shirts, pants, etc in good condition. You will be certain to have enough material to downsize it, along with the buttons, zipper, etc for very little expense and you can custom fit it instead of waiting for them to grow into it. Don't forget to buy thread!
Honeybee
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 8:23pm
hi i was wondering if anyone has a used generator they want to sell. as i'm having no luck finding one. i haven't given up yet so please be on the look out for me one
honeybee View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2006 at 9:06pm

have you tried craigslist?

pick you city when you get to that page...

Honeybee
Pegasus View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pegasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2006 at 6:19am
Had great luck at Walgreens (pharmacy) this week.  10-pack of toothbrushes, White Rain shampoo, conditioner, styling gel & body wash all only $1 each.  Vitamin supplements B1G1 (a lot of stores seemed to be doing this the last couple weeks).  Be sure to check out the clearance bins.  You never know what will show up from time to time.  One trip to WalMart had 2-packs of hair color for $6.  You can't get one box for that price without a coupon!  I LOVE a bargain! 
     "We do not know the true value of moments until they have undergone the test of memory."   unknown author
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic