Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

GENERAL PREP ITEMS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2007 at 8:00pm
    I am looking to purchase a Cobb Camp Oven but can't find a distributor in the U.S. Does anyone have another idea? This oven works using six pieces of coal. You light it outside, but then can bring it in and use it safely inside.
PATB View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PATB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2007 at 1:15pm
We have a "Cob" so I will take a break and look up the information.....
Pat
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:03pm
    Willow41, my daughter's name is Willow also:O) I was in the hospital recently and I used the washcloths which they heated in the microwave(which we won't be able to do if electricity is out) but they had water and soap in it like you said and cleaned great. I just wonder how long they will stay wet before they dry out. Do you know if there is a shelf life? I wonder about regular baby wipes too? We use those in the car regularly to wipe our hands but never had it on the shelf long enough to see if they ever dry out. Anyone know? Thanks.
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
MelodyAtHome View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelodyAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:13pm
   Missippi Momma, we live in the northeast and we have 10 acres of woods and how long the wood last in my experience depends on what kind of wood you use. I know the hardwoods last longer and some of the other don't last long at all. I always make sure my husband cuts as much as he can during the summer and we always seem to be running low by winter. We are in northeast Ohio(snowbelt) gets very cold and wind of the lake so we run the fireplace often to try to keep our propane bill down. I'm guessing with the cost of gasoline going through the roof for some reason propane companies will find a reason to increas the price too
Melody
Emergency Preparedness 911
http://emergencypreparedness911.blogspot.com/
trisharp View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trisharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:01am
 I purchased a Hardy Furnace.  This unit is stainless steel and sits outside of my house.  I load it with wood twice a day and it heats the entire house...2000 sq. ft.  I have cut off my gas and only used the Hardy furnace in the winter....a added bonus is that it also heats my hot water.
I figured for me the pay back time is 3-4 years and I am about to begin my 3rd winter with it.  They have a web site if you are interested. 
trisharp
diego View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 8:26pm
outside wood furnace on the list to buy soon. i plan to put an pipe extension on our 6" water well casing, place a new 400 gal. water cattle tank on ten foot high reinforced platform enclosed,attached to house and fill tank with it with my large well hand pump. water will be heated by tankless coil in wood furnace. this will give us a gravity fed water system, complete with hot shower. all done without electricity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic