Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Pandemic Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Diet Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Changes
    Posted: June 18 2006 at 12:21pm

We may need to consider making dietary changes gradually, beginning now. My husband always ends up with gastro-intestinal problems if I make a very high fiber meal like chilli or anything with lots of beans. I don't know whether he is just very sensitive or if this is something we all need to closer examine. I would think that if we eat very differently now and are stocking up  a lot of rice/beans etc. it could cause all kinds of prblems. Would like your input.

purplepanther View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purplepanther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 3:38pm
I agree with you to make changes gradually I have been adding whole wheat  to my diet for ahwile now. I have bottle water which I'm going to start giving to the dogs so they will get use to the water. I like  whole  wheat spaghetti tortilla.Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 4:22pm
It normal, H igh fibre diets make you sick at first but the effect wears off. It better to stay high fibre for the health benifits.

Try doing the diet gradually but dont give up.

Hydrangea View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydrangea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 8:19pm
Years ago I added All-Bran cereal to my diet. There was a warning on the box about the possibility of stomach cramps with a suggestion to start with small portions and increase them gradually over time. I've looked at all the bean products in my pantry and thought about eating high fiber cereal for breakfast to get my body accustomed to all that roughage. Surely at this point there's something high in fiber that's more appealing than All-Bran. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 10:09pm

High Fiber Foods:

Fiber Content of Foods
Food Amount Fiber
(gram)
Apple 1 medium 3
Apple juice 1 cup 0
Apricot 3 dried 4.5
Asparagus 2 spears 1
Avocado 1/2 medium 2
Banana 1 medium 2.4
Barley, raw 40 g 5
Barley, cooked 1 cup, 180 g 6.5
Beans, Black-eyed, cooked 100 g 6.5
Beans. Green, cooked 1 cup 2
Beans, Mung, cooked 100 g 6.5
Beans, Soya, cooked 100 g 7.5
Beet Root, canned 100 g 4
Bitter Melon 100 g 2
Black Berries, fresh 100 g 5
Blue Berries, raw 100 g 5
Bread- Chapati 100 g 3
Bread- Naan 60 g 1.5
Bread- Loaf, Black Rye 1 slice 7
Broccoli, raw 100 g 4
Cabbage 40 g 2
Cantaloupe 1 cup 1
Carrot, raw 70 g 2
Cereal- All Bran 45 g 13
Cereal- Oat Bran 22 g 3.5
Chick Peas, dried, boiled 180 g 20.5
Cucumber, sliced 1/2 cup <1
Figs, dried 75 g 10.5
Flour- Barley 100 g 10
Flour- Besan (Chickpea) 100 g 11
Flour- Soya, low fat 100 g 15.5
Flour- Wholemeal 100 g 11
Flour- Wheat, plain (Maida) 100 g 4
Grapes 1/2 cup <1
Kiwi fruit 1 medium 5
Guava, 100 g 5.5
Lemon 1 g 2.5
Lettuce 1 cup 1
Mango, peeled 150 g 2.5
Nashi Pear, unpeeled 130 g 4.5
Nuts- Almonds, raw 4 numbers 1.5
Nuts- Cashew, raw 75 g 4.5
Orange 1 medium 3
Peach 1 medium 2
Onion 1 large 0.6
Pear with skin 1 medium 4
Peas (cooked) 1 cup 6
Popcorn (air popped) 3.5 cup 4.5
Potato, baked with skin 1 medium 4
Rice 1 cup 1.6
Strawberries 1 cup 4
Spinach (raw) 1 cup 1
Spinach (cooked) 1 cup 4
Sunflower Seeds 1 ounce 4
Tomato 1 medium 2
Whole wheat bread 1 slice 1.3

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 4:46am
Has anyone tried using BEANO? (enzyme supplement to help you digest beans?)  Let me know since I'm thinking of picking up a couple of bottles.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic