Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese

Forum Home Forum Home > Home & Family Planning > Extra Planning > Electricity and Solar Energy > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Online Discussion: Tracking new emerging diseases and the next pandemic

Post Reply - WINTER HEAT

Post Reply


Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.04 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: December 01 2006 at 6:16am By Pegasus
anharra,  I can't answer your soot question except to say that if you do not clean the soot from the pipes periodically (depends on how much use it gets) you could have a MAJOR pile of black sticky oily dust all over the room your stove pipe is in - if not thru the rest of the house.   Hard woods tend to burn cleaner/hotter so the flu build-up will be slower - NEVER burn pine in your fireplace.  Yes it's cheap and easliy available but the sap will build up on your chimney liner and can lead to a flu fire
   You NEED to open a window (even just a crack - not wide open) when you have a fuel source burning in your home or garage.  Even my little ceramic heater recommends ventilation of the room.  Keeps the carbon monoxide levels at bay and fresh oxygen coming in (for the heating unit to burn properly and more importantly for you to breathe).  I would also remind everyone to get a Carbon Monoxide detector for their home.  
Keep a fire extiguisher, water (not for electrical sources) or a box/bag of baking soda close by your fire/heat source.  You can't go running to the garage to dig it out in a time of need.  If it's not close by- simply get out and call 911.  Even if it's close by and you use it, call 911 and have the trained firefighters check to be sure there is no fire spreading elsewhere behind your walls.