Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Is Parmalat Boxed Milk Still Available?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Never2late Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is Parmalat Boxed Milk Still Available?
    Posted: January 23 2007 at 2:12pm
    I bought, I think at Wal-Mart, a few boxed, non-refrigerated, liquid Parmalat milk a year ago and used them recently. Now I can't find them. The company had some problems and maybe its no longer made. Anybody know? I can still get lots of the soymilk in boxes for about a buck a box but prefer the cow juice even though its twice as much.   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 2:17pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 2:20pm
I saw some at walmart last week.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 3:03pm
Walmart still carries it, it's in the baking aisle.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 3:05pm
    Both Costco and Bj's has parmalat boxed milk
Or something very simular to it Cause my mother inlaw drinks it and my husband and we buy it there
July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 4:14pm
    what is the exp date on these when you purchase.
Just wondering how long they can be stored
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 4:18pm
Bought some Sunday at Walmart in baking Isle for 1.28 cents a quart...

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2007 at 4:51pm
    Hi Never2late!! I purchase it at our local supermarket usually 2 for $3.00. The store is Market Basket or Damoulos. PLEASE check your expiration dates!! When I buy them, the shelf life is usually only about 2-3 months out here. I prefer regular ole' 2% fresh but hate to waste it so I'll often mix it 1/2 and 1/2 fresh. Gotta keep rotating and replacing. Ask your local store manager if they will consider stocking it - they usually will without a problem. Just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find it. The best, Pam
Never2late View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Never2late Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 1:14pm
On the expiration date...the stuff I bought was good for over 6 months, as I recall, but I did refrigerate it and I am certain it would last a lot longer if kept cool. I keep a lot of my preps in a spare frig and in the cool basement and I figure that the expiration date is a lot longer out.   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 2:32pm
    I hadn't thought of how refridgerating it to extend life; It's probably just the nutrients that lose their value after the expiration date anyway. I'll have to try it! Thanks!
Judy View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 3:44pm
You might also try checking Winn-Dixie on the same aisle as the canned milk. The one I found was 2% and it is very convenient to keep on hand in any case especially if you run out of milk and can't possibly get to the store.
If ignorance is bliss, what is chocolate?

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 5:47pm
I've been in two grocery stores (Publix and Winn Dixie) and a Wal Mart lately - and ALL of the Parmalat milk containers were about to expire!! In Publix tonight (the 24th) the expiration was for the 26th (heck - the 'cold' milk expires 2/6!!!).

I then checked the Rice Milk (non-refridgerated) and the expiration dates were about 6 months out. I'm not sure the girls would really like rice milk, but I think it'd work in cereal.

I have a big box of Carnation powdered milk from Sam's. I guess if things look like their are really REALLY getting close, then I'll go make a run on the Rice Milk (and hopefully get some newly stocked Parmalat).
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 9:47pm
I have always kept extra (several gallons) milk in the freezer-then shelf life doesn't apply. Once thawed I can't tell any difference. The trick is to let it completely thaw and shake to mix good or else part will be stronger than other. If I knew the power would stay on I'd freeze more.
Good luck.
mamooo View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamooo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2007 at 1:38am
i use the not fat milk in #10 cans fromm emerancy esstails .com( spell wrong) great taste .have sale on now
carol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic