Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > Latest News
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 25-50 new cases of H5N1 admitted each day in Egypt
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

25-50 new cases of H5N1 admitted each day in Egypt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25-50 new cases of H5N1 admitted each day in Egypt
    Posted: January 12 2008 at 6:51pm
How can there be reports like this on other webpages,however these reports are no where else to be found? Is this a cover up,or an exaggeration,or what? It would seem to me if this was true WHO would be on top of it?President Bush will be in Egypt on his 9th day of his mideast trip. Is this why there is no news? Is this why this news is blacked out?Are they trying to get Bush to come to Egypt anyway? This is wierd?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Suspect H5N1 Patients in Egypt Testing Positive?
                        yesterday detained 15 different health directorates new cases were suspected of being infected with avian influenza to exceed the number of detainees in different governorates 55 cases of suspicion, while tests proved negative 33 others were detained were also monitoring 21 hotbed new in 8 days at the level of the Republic. In Western [Al Gharbiyah] Province, were detained 9 cases of family fully assess the village Alsjaih.

The father Hamada Darwish 45 years and wife Iman Musaad Desouki, 40 years and 20 years Fawzi son, Karim 15, and Muhammad 12 years, in addition to Huda Abd al-aged 28 and 14 years old Fathiya Bakry student Hospital salt and Mahala were detained while Ghada Abdel Ibrahim 30 years, Zeenat 37-year old Mohammad Rifai, hospital salt Tanta.

In Mansoura [Dakahlia] detained by the Directorate of Health both: Abdulaziz Shimaa 10 years, Center Line, Zakia Ibrahim Hamdi 45 years from the village swapbody, and Ibrahim Youssef Mohammed Aezzasenh Center Address, in a hospital Sadr addition to the existence of previous cases of Madiha Ibrahim, aged 55, and Jasmine just Mohamed 3 years, and Mohamed Adel Mohammed year and a half science, Hanan Mahmoud Aelchenaiti 28 years, the quality of Mr. Mohammed, aged 26, and Mahmoud Al quality of Mr. 25, and Abdel-Rahman Mahmoud Abdallah 58 years, Mr. Mahmoud Abdulwahid 49 years old, and Fatma Mohammed Eid 45 years, and insist Safnz Alija 25, and Mohammed Hamdi Muawwad 18, and Reza, Solomon and the `Nora, and the blessing of Muhammad Muhammad Abdul Hamid 35 years.

The central laboratories has shown some positive samples taken from them.

The above translation creates a confusing picture of the situation in Egypt.  The number of admitted patients continue to accelerate (see satellite map) and many of the admissions are clustered, either by geography or family. The translation above has the highest number of negatives, but since the number of hospitalized suspect cases described in local media in the past week is approximately 200, identifying the negatives is difficult.

The family of nine is the largest familial cluster thus far, and the list in Mansoura is the longest list of named patients for a specific region.  A week ago 10-25 patients were being admitted each day.  Now the numbers are closer to 25-50 per day.

The finding of positive(s) by the central lab, raises concerns that the large number of hospitalized patients represents more than an over abundance of caution. 

The number of locations reporting H5N1 positive birds continue to rise (see satellite map), and the hospital admissions follow the bird positives. 

However, prior to the announcement above, there was no indication that the suspect cases were testing positive.

More information on positives at the central lab, as well as transfers to Abbassia Fevers Hospital in Cairo, would be useful.

abc1234 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abc1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2008 at 7:51pm
I thought we were going to stop posting this crap from Ni man?
Levygoddess View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Levygoddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 7:20am
I thought gnfin was going away?
God put us here for a reason
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 8:07am

I'm just glad that we derailed the hoax in Egypt on the first day.  Imagine if AFT would have been sucked into this fake outbreak along with the other sites.  We might all have been thinking that we're in the middle of a panflu right now, lol.  If all of the boards get sucked into a false scenario together, it can be difficult to dig your way out.  These other sites are getting pounded with false translation after translation.  After time, it appears that they almost start believing it's true.  

Like I've said, I've been stuck here for a couple of years now in this crazy bird flu world because of this site, so I have a fairly good pulse of what's happening, and I can also see through the garbage.  I've seen it all at this point.  

If you ever want to know the truth of what's happening, stick with AFT.  We may have our faults, but we will never steer people wrong. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:14am
I dont want gnfin to go away. At least he/she posts a lot of articles. I dont know how he/she has time to surf the net all day/night but at least we are geting news posting. Im also waiting for gnfins next prediction!

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 9:26am
If it was this bad in Egypt we'd hear about it. gnfin - you need to stop reading pandemic into everything. You're concerned and that's good, but when it happens we'll all know. All this does is desensitize us and leave us jaded, and that's dangerous. Continually crying wolf will muddy the water when it does hit. Take a deep breath - it'll be fine. Anyway, if it was this bad no world leader would be going there. Can you imagine Bush heading to someplace in Africa that was in the middle of an ebola outbreak? Wouldn't happen.

web ferret View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Original Join Date: Long Term Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote web ferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2008 at 11:41am
Albert your moderation and knowledge is appreciated. 
Every time I see this thing kicking off following a post by gnfin, I now know to go looking for your voice of reason before I dash off shopping...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic