Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Coronavirus Pandemic: Prepping Forums > General Prepping Tips > Initial Prepping List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

HBA items to have on hand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HBA items to have on hand
    Posted: February 10 2009 at 2:21pm
These are some HBA (health and beauty items) to have on hand. Your list will vary according to the items you use.

Shampoo
Conditioner
Soap
Body wash
Deodorant
Lotion
Sanitary pads
Tampons
Condoms
Toothpaste
Hand sanitizer
Mouthwash
Dental floss
Extra toothbrushes (to replace your after a bad illness or if your kid drops yours in the toilet or something, LOL)
Diaper wipes or the shower wipes they use in hospitals
Powder/foot powder

I might need help it's been a long time since I had babies, but a list for babies:
Diaper wipes
Diapers
Baby shampoo
Baby lotion
Teething gel/ointment
Baby Tylenol or Motrin

SusanT View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SusanT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2009 at 8:02am
For women, I suggest looking into a DIVA CUP as an alternative for tampons. I have also stocked a couple Monostats, just in case.
catmommie View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catmommie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 11:51am

If you wear dentures, don't forget adhesive and cleaner.  Also, purchase a denture repair kit to have on hand.

If you wear contacts or glasses, be sure to have extra contacts on hand, and maybe a spare pair of glasses and don't forget sunglasses.  An eyeglass repair kit would be a good idea too.

If anyone you will be sheltered with wears hearing aides, then be sure to have enough batteries on hand.  It would be terrible to have to go several weeks shouting!

And, don't forget your pets.  If they take any kind of medication, stock up.  Also, don't forget flea and tick meds to keep them comfortable. 

doomsmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomsmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 10:13am
catmommie - good suggestions --denture adhesive is very important.  Not much good to have all that food and no teeth to eat it with.
mercurymom View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercurymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 10:58pm
That is very true. My hubby just got dentures in Dec., and I have been trying to buy extra adhesive here and there. It is quite expensive, but I'm working on stocking up. I don't believe I've seen any denture repair kits, though. I might have to look into that. Thanks for the idea!
There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings. ~ Dorothy Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic