Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Bristol Palin breaks engagement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bristol Palin breaks engagement
    Posted: March 12 2009 at 5:53am
Good for her. It was clear that it was NEVER a love relationship. Shotgun weddings are so retro.

From Fox News:

SARAH Palin's teenage daughter, Bristol, has broken off her engagement to Levi Johnston two months after the birth of their child.

The 18-year-old daughter of the Alaskan Governor told the Associated Press (AP) she was "devastated" by the split.

"Unfortunately, my family has seen many people say and do many things to 'cash in' on the Palin name," she said in a statement.

"Sometimes that greed clouds good judgment and the truth."

Mr Johnston, 19, told AP the pair had mutually decided to end their relationship.

Bristol Palin's pregnancy was announced last summer days after her mother was named John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket.

Bristol gave birth to a boy named Tripp on December 27.

Dr.Who View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 9:10am
Everything I have seen indicated that Bristol made a lot of choices all by herself.

She chose to date Levi. She chose to do what it takes to get pregnant. She chose to keep the baby. She chose to get engaged. And she chose to break it off.

She sounds like a mature teen who made a mistake and has been responsible enough to warn other teens about making the same mistake. She has been honest enough to say that teen abstinence is best but not realistic. She sounds very balanced.

And while they look pretty happy here:

Palin%20says%20she%20and%20Johnston%20still%20plan%20to%20wed.

It could be they were not in love with each other (so having sex with a boy you would not be willing to marry just might be a mistake) but I see zero evidence that she was coerced into anything at all through this. What we have seen is numerous statements about how supportive her family has been. We saw that she had hoped she would have had her baby ten years later in a house and after being married to Levi. I wonder if being "devastated" by the split is evidence that she really wanted to start a life with Levi (well she actually said "she could not see life without him" earlier). As Grissom would say: "follow the evidence."

Truth, I don't mean to disagree with you as often as I do, but honestly I just don't know where you get this stuff.
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2009 at 10:05am
Get what stuff?

It's fine to disagree, if we were agreeing all the time then things would get boring. But please dont suggest that youre right about everything because that would be pompous.
Dr.Who View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Truth Truth wrote:

Get what stuff?

It's fine to disagree, if we were agreeing all the time then things would get boring. But please dont suggest that youre right about everything because that would be pompous.

The stuff where you said that a girl who obviously has made all her own choices was engaged as a part of a shotgun wedding. the stuff where you said she was obviously never in love. do you have any statement from her that indicates she was or was not in love with her BF either way or was it all unsubstantiated?

What did she ever do to you and why are you even posting this?
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 1:13pm
SOooooo, you dont even think it a slight possibility that the reason they decided to get married had something to do with her mother running for VP?   really?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2009 at 7:23pm
Hey, it happens in Republican Families and Democrat Families! Leave this poor girl alone! Those without sin cast the first stone.
LaRo View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaRo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 8:54am
This should be deleted, it's common gossip.
r we there yet?
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by LaRo LaRo wrote:

This should be deleted, it's common gossip.

I personally don't consider it "news worthy", to me it ranks right up there with Paris Hilton getting married.
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 10:01am
Paris Hilton got married!?
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 10:08am
Actually it is newsworthy. Why? Because Palin probably had a lot of say in them tying the not in the first place. It was in-line with palin's platform as an ultra conservative right wing christian. It was more likely Palin's choice rather than Bristol's to get married. Having a baby out of wedlock would not have looked good for her constinuancy. So she most likely lied to get ahead and created a false sense of what her morals and beliefs are by bringing her family into it. She proved she cant be trusted.

As for Bristol, I'm happy to hear she's doing what she thinks is right now that the lights of the campaign have left. Of course the reason I posted is nothing against Bristol but with Sarah Palin deceiving america.
abcdefg View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abcdefg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 1:53pm
Avian Flu, worst economic scene since the great depression, terrorism, war in IRaq, war in Afghanistan, will the massive stimulus packages that both Bush and Obama passed work or will they tax us to death, could a depression be looming, drug cartels fighting on our borders, Pheonix AZ second highest  kidnapping area in the world, Chinese harrassing our ships, Russia selling arms to Iran, Israeli Pali conflict, Aids in Africa, Aids around the world, MRSA, Drug resistant TB, massive job layofffs, BRISTOL PALIN BREAKS ENGAGEMENT.

Look at the above and tell me that Sarah Palin did not SCARE the crap out of liberals.

Question to Truth,

I have five children myself, if one messes up does that mean I have to change all my values?

Could Sarah Palin and family not had a quiet abortion and avoided all the small minds from harassing her family as they have? Would that have been more honest?

Surpirsee I married my High School sweetheart, we have been married for 35 years this summer, five children and didnt even have to get married, people can fall in love and oh my Gosh fall out of love at any age.

Would ANYONE ANYWHERE want to flaunt their 18 year old unmarried pregnant child to their boss and the place they work, have their workplace become involved in your family business? What makes you think that politicians need to be any less hurt, less effected, and want less for their children then we all do. Most decent parents would want a child to marry if they chose to have a child if there was a chance that the marriage had love and the grand child could be raised by both parents. Obviousely the boy tatooed her name on his ring finger, they dated for a while, they were happy. In love and possibly in a relationhsip that lasted longer then some adult ones do.

It seems that liberal Palin haters have become so intolerant, they pass JUDGEMENT so easily on others. Have they run out of homosexual causes to champion, are there not any kids to talk into having a abortion, are there no war protests going on now that Obamaa is in power, do all teens have all the condoms they need and the girls have all the pills to keep them protected, is there no one to drive to a abortion clinic, are taxes already high enough so they do not have to work on raising them more, does everyone have a equal playing field, are there no dances to plan at the New Age church you attend, are there no terrorists left who need defending, isnt America violating some enemies human rights, are you not trying to rehab  child molesters or has that program just bit the dust, shouldnt someone be making get well cards for Teddy K, who is babysitting Joe Biden, are all the Iran peace talks cancelled?????

Liberals must have a lot of time on their hands to elevate this NEWS story to the degree they have. Or do all compassionate people hold a teenager and her parents up to constant public scrutiny for every move they make.  Comeon libs, go find another mother with a Down Syndrome kid to harass, this is getting old.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2009 at 10:00pm
Good for you abcedfg! Well said!
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 6:50am
"well said" ??? abcdefg's post was just a diatribe against liberals chuck full of vitriol and nothing else.
Dr.Who View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Truth Truth wrote:

"well said" ??? abcdefg's post was just a diatribe against liberals chuck full of vitriol and nothing else.

A diatribe that was well deserved. You have been justifying your attacks against a seventeen year old girl because she is the daughter of a former running mate and there is a "slight possibility" (your words) that your attack has any merit whatsoever.

There are so many bona fide things to complain about i see no reason to make stuff up that is theoretically possible especially when the obvious motive is to find even the smallest dirty thing to say about the opposition party.
Truth View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 10:06am
Nonsense. I havent attacked Bristol Palin, that's where your lack of reading comprehension comes in. Ive simply stated that during the campaign many felt her MOTHER was involving her family too much for her own political gain.   

But whatever, I'm done with this conversation.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2009 at 6:12pm
GOOD!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic