Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Movie - Food, Inc. - Event Date: August 06 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organicnut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Movie - Food, Inc.
    Posted: August 06 2009 at 12:28pm
Has anyone saw this documentary that is slowly traveling the country?  Seems to only be playing in major cities.  We traveled over 80 miles to view this yesterday.  Well worth the drive.  Many things we already knew, some of the new information very scary.  Cargill, the large meat company is now bathing 70% of all beef in groceries they service with ammonia to try and combat E coli !!!!!   It is a known fact that corn fed to cows is what causes E coli.
The cow was meant to eat grass !  Their stomach (s) were meant to digest grass.   If you get the opportunity to view this film, please do.  It will change how you look at a grocery store. 
SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 1:43pm

Hi, Organic Nutt.  What a great movie.  Glad you shared that with us.  The thought of the meat in ammonia is so disgusting.  I saw some trailers on Youtube but it has not made it here yet.  What an eyeopener!!! And to think, the want to give agriculture over to FDA and big business.  Scary thought.  I was just reading about the canned news report over Rbst.  Makes me want to give up drinking milk!!!

SheepLady
SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 1:45pm
Bear with me, sorry I got your name wrong, organicnut1.  Takes me a while.
SheepLady
organicnut1 View Drop Down
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organicnut1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 5:57pm
If you get on the website www.foodinc.com, you can look by state to see which cities it is coming to.  It has been showing since July 4th weekend.  Hope it hasn't missed your area and you get the chance to view it.  One of the producers wrote the book, Fast Food Nation.
This is another real eye opener.  If you can't see the movie, be sure to get the book at your local library. 
Wishbone View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 6:11pm
Shocked

I get my beef directly from the local slaughterhouse.
I can see the cattle brought in in trucks  by the farmer himself.
I can see the hanging carcass. And I can watch the butchering. I don't see any ammonia.
I guess I am lucky to be near a small operation like this.
The place is spotless.
They do not slaughter pigs or chickens. Cattle only.
A small grocery chain near me also buys half a cow. And I can watch the meat being cut up and ground up.
I think I'll stick to buying meat from these small operators.
SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 7:52pm
Thanks, I will see if it coming soon. 

I agree with you, Wishbone.  Stay local and support your community.  The small guys really need yo guys.
SheepLady
SheepLady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 7:54pm
Meant to say you guys, lol. 
SheepLady
Mary008 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2009 at 8:29pm
July View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote July Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2009 at 4:56am
the website listed just took me to a bulk food retailer but I did find a link

http://www.foodincmovie.com/

This movie will be out on dvd in Nov for those who don't get a chance to see it.
http://www.amazon.com/Food-Inc-Eric-Schlosser/dp/B0027BOL4G/ref=pd_sim_b_2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic