Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

August Prepping 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August Prepping 2019
    Posted: November 03 2019 at 2:53pm
Ok that was a cool useful YouTube! I would never thought to use concrete to open a can!!
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2019 at 7:48pm
We are saving seeds from our tomato plants this year too and will try to plant them next year and see if they will grow.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 10:09pm
Just started harvesting tomatoes.

This year I tried using some seeds that I saved last year (from someone who, as a hobby grows, about 26 sorts of heirloom tomatoes every year).

Maybe I need to work on how to save other seeds!

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2019 at 2:28am
You learn something new every day!

https://youtu.be/oH2NahLjx-Y
CRS, DrPH
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2019 at 8:30pm
I was thinking about trying to grow a little herb garden in the house this winter.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2019 at 7:20pm
I am drying my herbs. Dill, Thyme, Tarragon, Parsley, Rosemary this are my herbs of choice. Next year we will see what I plant.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2019 at 9:16pm
What is everyone working on this month? Our garden has been going great! We have had tons of squash, tomatoes and jalapenos. We did have a lot of lettuce and spinach but it got really hot and they are not doing well at all now, I have never grown either before and I understand they do better in cooler weather and not the 100+ temps we have been getting, so I plan on replanting again in the fall. I was reading you can plant again in the fall in cooler weather. We were enjoying the daily salads so much. As far as my pantry items go, I have been trying to do some more stocking up on canned goods, when I realized I was totally out of canned corn the other day, I used to have so many cases of canned corn and green beans and now I am running out, lol. It's time to stock up. I did just stock up on 40+ rolls of toilet paper and 8 boxes of Kleenex when Amazon had their Prime day July sale. It's time to get things in order!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic