Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Post What You Are Finding GONE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 1:29pm
Last Sunday I was in the ER at a Kaiser hospital in Southern California. Overheard nurses talking about people stealing their boxes of N95 masks right from the ER. Also Kaiser usually has masks available in every waiting room. None were there when we were there.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2020 at 1:48pm
I was reading a piece this am that Vancouver BC hospitals have reminded staff to use properly (quantity wise was impression) and have put all under central lock/key. So guessing this is a problem everywhere?
If it's to be - it's up to me!
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2020 at 8:05pm
I didn't see any masks at Kaiser neither in SoCal when I went for my imaging appointment a couple days ago. I was thinking people probably did that.
Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2020 at 6:55am
When I went to the pharmacy yesterday at the hospital I go to, there were no masks in the stands. They are usually available with the hand sanitizer, barf bags and tissue.
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:31pm
I went to the local CVS this morning and was struck by how much of their Tylenol/Advil/other section had empty spaces on the shelves. It is cold and flu season...and the flu B has been going around here, so maybe that is why. Or maybe folks are starting to prep.
quietprepr View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quietprepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:43pm
My local pharmacy is out of cold/flu remedies for over the counter purchase. I drove 45 minutes to the closest Walmart and stocked up. Hope I don't need it, but the last cold I had flattened me for weeks and I had medicine and a doctor available. If it gets bad, having a few medicines could make a difference.

QP
"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival." - W. Edwards Deming
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2020 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by quietprepr quietprepr wrote:

My local pharmacy is out of cold/flu remedies for over the counter purchase. I drove 45 minutes to the closest Walmart and stocked up. Hope I don't need it, but the last cold I had flattened me for weeks and I had medicine and a doctor available. If it gets bad, having a few medicines could make a difference.

QP

Dang, thanks for that. I have what I need, but my folks rely on Dayquil/Nyquil, so I'd better get some for them.

Also, came here to post that I just had to hunt online for Excedrin at decent prices.

Excedrin has temporarily discontinued Extra Strength Excedrin and Excedrin Migraine (same formula) due to quality problems. Any of the generics made by them are also gone.

Finally found regular strength (what I wanted) on Amazon by Major, a brand I've had good luck with.

socalmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 1:22pm
Not sure how long these will last. They dont show up in search results if you search for N95 but the product specifications do state that they're N95. They are currently available for shipping (all their other N95 products state "in store only").

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SAS-Safety-20-Pack-Disposable-Sanding-and-Fiberglass-Disposable-Respirator/1002439068

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SAS-Safety-20-Pack-Disposable-Sanding-and-Fiberglass-Valved-Disposable-Respirator/1002439046
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Make your own hand sanitizer. Simple recipe is:

2/3 isopropyl alcohol
1/3 aloe vera gel

a few drops of essential oil to make it smell nice is optional. But I'd go with Tea Tree oil or Lavendar.

Good advice. I remember the shelves clearing of hand sanitizer during the Swine Flu outbreak, while there was an endless supply of rubbing alcohol only a few feet away. Get the 90% if you can find it.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 3:03pm
Walmart has a ton of 90% rubbing alcohol. No shortages at Walmart yesterday.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 4:08pm
Daiso is now selling face masks with a mouth filter attachment. I've never really seen these particular masks before and I'm always at Daiso.

Update: They also have this sign

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 4:29pm
I was in Walgreens this weekend and noticed a lot of facing in the cold and flu remedy area. Flu is widespread here, so no surprise that they are selling a lot. It is the lack of replacement stock I am noting. I keep remembering the story of a Wuhan resident describing his inability to acquire cough medicine anywhere because it was sold out. How much worse might it be here?
socalmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2020 at 11:20am
Costco is completely wiped out of thermometers, in store and online.
https://www.costco.com/exergen-temporal-artery-thermometer.product.10038059.html

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 1:16pm
I was in a Costco in JAX today and everything seemed normal from a stock-perspective.  Plenty of OTC meds, gloves, bleach, Lysol, Clorox wipes, etc. Looking at everyone's buggies, it appeared to be a normal weekend Costco run...no one seemed to have a noticeable SIP shopping plan going on.  I picked up a couple of cases of protein shakes (I like them anyway) and some more canned meats (tuna, salmon and vienna sausages).  The hubby and I were walking through the aisles and talking through what we'd be getting if it were the last trip before a SIP situation.  There were things like cereal - which we seldom eat, mac-n-cheese and other things like these but the dates on all were through late summer.  There's no way we'd eat 18 boxes of mac-n-cheese by August.  Cereal bars also had close expiration dates.  They did have good prices on cases of canned veggies.  
SchrödingersCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SchrödingersCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 5:40pm
We had the SIP talk with our two college kids today (early 20s, grad students)- they both have apartments near their campuses; we discussed the need to have stocked pantry “ just in case” they need to stay home. they both ‘got it’ immediately’ as they’ve been eyeing the news. Part of the plan was for their dad and I to send them an Amazon Pantry box of shelf stable items get them through a few months of SIP, if needed - holy cow, so much was sold out or limited quantity on Amazon today- they even limited the number of Tuna cases we could purchase to 2! (said customers were only allowed to buy 2), sold out items across the grocery pantry were crazy- “delivery date by March 12...”. was able to switch things up and get them each an ample pantry box - buys time to get them home.

My visit to Walmart this afternoon for batteries scared me -was going to pick up a few extra things should the kids come home (daughter went vegetarian a few months ago).. ALL dry soup mixes sold out, and the rest of their soup, rice, pasta, canned goods was heavily shopped with 1/2 empty shelves in past and rice - maybe that’s normal???? It didn’t seem normal. to me - it felt a little scary - I shop here all the time.
socalmom View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socalmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2020 at 5:51pm
Panic buying in Italy has begun. I saw someone post pictures that their local grocery store in Italy was wiped out in less than 12 hours.

https://imgur.com/gallery/KSXCZXq

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 3:50am
Originally posted by SchrödingersCat SchrödingersCat wrote:

My visit to Walmart this afternoon for batteries scared me -was going to pick up a few extra things should the kids come home (daughter went vegetarian a few months ago).. ALL dry soup mixes sold out, and the rest of their soup, rice, pasta, canned goods was heavily shopped with 1/2 empty shelves in past and rice - maybe that’s normal???? It didn’t seem normal. to me - it felt a little scary - I shop here all the time.

I don't think its normal either. I had a similar experience at my local market and with Amazon limiting goods. Things you mentioned were heavily picked over. There was no evaporated or powdered milk. The chips section was decimated, might I add... When I was talking with a neighbor later yesterday morning and she said the local Costco was sold out of many things like rice, soup, pasta, peanut butter, no evaporated or powdered milk at all and other items. A friend in another state said the same thing about her supermarkets and Sam's Club. Both of them said there were no popular sized batteries to be had in either box store. I think the situation in Italy woke a lot of people up. In an odd way that gives me hope.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 3:54am
Can you guys list where?

Just the geographic area will due.
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 4:53am
Originally posted by pheasant pheasant wrote:

Can you guys list where?

Just the geographic area will due.

One of the Costcos in Jacksonville, FL had good supplies of OTC meds, gloves, rice, canned goods, and just general stock.  I forgot to check if they had thermometers. 

A local Winn Dixie has been having pretty empty shelves where rice should be - but tons of pasta. 
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 10:42am
I live in hometown USA. Two high schools three hardware stores. Buy away from any virus. None confirmed in state yet. Everthing is still on sheves
The attitude here seems to be no one really cares yet but if it gets announced that cases are localizedtthe closer it gets the more we would worry and possibly get the masks and gloves we need but Everything is in stock.
Just waiting and not worrying too much about ot in small hometown america
Everything is still in stock here.
Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2020 at 12:40pm
If you have an Aldi store, they have big packs of batteries at a great price. Right by the registers. They are highly rated also.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2020 at 7:05am
Here in Florida, home depot has a orange banner on the respirator, page that says "Due to current events supplies are limited"

All the masks are gone from Miami to Georgia on their web sight.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Safety-Equipment-Respirator-Masks/Mold/N-5yc1vZc25kZ1z18up9
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2020 at 4:27pm
A couple of weeks ago our Walmart had a large stock of Mr. Heater propane heaters and 4 packs of propane canisters. Today, that stock is wiped out. Does that sound normal to you? Sounds like someone is worried about the grid to me.
CST View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 2:29pm

I live in a County of approximately 65,000.  Walgreens, Walmart and CVS out of masks and gloves.  Low on cold meds.  Haven't checked some of the local pharmacies.  Was in CVS today and cashier had on a cloth mask.  Nobody else working did so could be totally unrelated.  She kept having to move her mask so that people could understand what she was saying.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 3:05pm

Not gone, but an odd conversation with a customer service representative at Chewy.com.  An item came to me damaged and she asked me if I wanted a replacement or a refund.  We got on the subject of Covid-19 as I mentioned I was just ordering in extra.  She said she's in Dallas and folks are worried there too.  She asked if I wanted to order extra pet food while we were on the phone and intimated there has been talk.  Although she wouldn't say supply chain might fail, she didn't have to.  I have to say, she was very good at making herself clear while talking around a subject!

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 5:57pm

Sam's club here almost fully stocked. Maybe a bit less than when I was in last week. The only thing I really noticed was that almost every cart had a big package of toilet paper. Could have been a coincidence.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 6:57pm

Costco, San Jose, this morning from a Twitter feed

It's begun. I was nearly completed preparing, ran out of time on some things. But, in the safety hiearchy, my best, most effective, simplest response would have been to leave California entirely. I've said it before, this is going to be Ground Zero of the US COVID-19 pandemic, hopefully not the next Wuhan.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 6:58pm

Tomorrow is going to be absolutely crazy. It's nearby. Maybe I'll swing by for a few pics (and stay in my car wearing a mask ;)

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 7:16pm

BabyCat, go in wearing a mask and see how people react!!! 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 7:22pm
Some other people are already wearing masks (half a dozen, mostly Asians). Ventured in a few days ago, thought it was too crazy, walked out. Got scared. I just felt the virus circulating, but hey, now it's confirmed. Circulating right here!!
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 7:23pm

I bet there will be a lot more people wearing masks now. 

I won't risk going in. It's unnecessary at this point. Ordering everything online, disinfecting all packages left at the door. 

BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 7:43pm

I’m glad that people there are starting to take it seriously. Where I live — not so much. Only a few here and there. 

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 9:29pm
Costco at Livermore, CA last night. This guy must be a HKer.

https://twitter.com/Barton_options/status/1233618473080610816 

Mountain view Costco near closing time tonight Bread isle.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2020 at 10:15pm
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 12:34am
Regarding the link Newbie posted:- 

One of the basic rules of prepping is not to tell other people. So DO NOT post twitter pictures of your basement "supermarket".!
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 1:56am

Image Caption

Nothing to see here folks, growing up my brother always said (in a cheeky way) "if you have nothing they can't take it"

His other favorite saying was "You always have to leave something out for the scab-monsters"

hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 4:37am
hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 5:08am

Sorry guys this post isn’t letting me preview or edit from my phone for some reason. Could be total bunk give the “vote for” in the link. Mods- feel free to delete.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 7:45am

Makes me glad I have everything I need and quite a few things I want, Newbie1A

Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 7:51am

Right, you don't want all your friends and neighbors knowing who to come to for food and supplies. You will be wanting to act like everyone else. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 8:45am

Everyone knows that if they come to my house in bad times they will get a gun meeting them.  Sorry but I have two friends who I have told to prep...one is going a great job the other laughingly says I will just come to your house to get what I need.  I have told her I will have to shoot you if you try to get into my house.  She knows I will!  

Some people just ignore what is going on and think this will never happen in my area.  Food will always be in the grocery store, They will never want for anything.  Sorry but I have worked long and hard for my family to try and be safe I am not giving it up to a lazy a$$ that did not listen to me.

Now that being said I do have beans and rice put away for close friends on my cul de sac they will be a line of defense for my family, 2 nurses, one cop, and my minister to bury me and close friends who have been there for me.  So yes I will help all of them. 

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:48am

LOL, I thought that too, when I saw that picture... "You just told all the lazy butt's out there where the 'neighbourhood' convenience store is!" - complete madness!  Jealous of how much they've put away - but craziness to do that!!!

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 9:49am

Oh, looks like Quote tab not working either - I quoted the post re: don't show your basement 'grocery store' online...  

cindylouflu View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindylouflu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 4:23pm

I'm finding that Amazon is limiting my purchases, is ok as am pretty much done.  Loaded up my pantry and closets and also my ex's.  Went to his home to unload, and in his loudest voice, "look at all this pasta"!  I ask him to just be quiet about it.  

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 4:28pm

Originally posted by cindylouflu cindylouflu wrote:

I'm finding that Amazon is limiting my purchases, is ok as am pretty much done.  Loaded up my pantry and closets and also my ex's.  Went to his home to unload, and in his loudest voice, "look at all this pasta"!  I ask him to just be quiet about it.  

You are a kinder woman then I... my ex can buy his own pasta - not that he'd bother because to him this is all 'bunk'...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic