Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Post What You Are Finding GONE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 4:53am

Cotton wool!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 6:39am

Or list the package as containing crafting beads.

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 6:47am

I have actually sent liquid medicine on a regular basis to someone across the states that couldn't afford it. You know how they ask "any liquids" in here, I would say "nope" and off it went. Of course I packed it really well in a smallish box.

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 7:37am

Technophobe, you're right.  I'm wrong.  I rechecked that recipe and it states alcohol 90% or more.  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 9:49am

Well went to the grocery store at 7 AM to aviod people and the place was a MESS.  They were restocking and there was a lot to restock.  People are paying attention.  They had TP and PT but I went to look for Toilet Bowl Cleaner and the place was almost empty.  They had what I needed but there were a lot of shelves almost empty.  But they did have the stock to fill the store.  

I think big chains like Kroger, Kings, Safeway have large warehouses they are pulling items from.  When you go to Sams or Costco you see what they have available everywhere their warehouse is their store.  

Keep posting folks on what you see!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 11:41am

edit

LCfromFL View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LCfromFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 11:57am

I went to the local CVS in my small town and there were bare spots in some of the OTC cold and fever meds.  I picked up some more Coricidin HBP stuff for chest congestion for the hubster and me (we both have hypertension).  The one thing that was completely gone was the hand sanitizer. I was able to get some 90% alcohol and aloe gel (being in FL we have this stuff year round) so I can make some if we run out.  

****Question for those in the know:  Does hand sanitizer 'go bad'? I found a big jug of really old stuff that had been stored in a dark closet.  It is still clear and smells like normal...the texture is unchanged.  But the expiration date is 2007 (yep...thirteen years old!   ) I know that soap and water is best...but do I hang on to this and use it as well? 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 12:10pm

Not usually if sealed.  If open, the alcohol could evaporate, slowly losing effectiveness.  But if the seals are unbroken - no.

Many use-by dates are for the packaging.  Zero sum gain until opened.  Ibuprofen,  for instance, in a blister pack stays fine. But puncture the blisters and it will deliquesce.

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 12:11pm

If the alcohol is still in it I would imagine it is...?

Btw: NO rubbing alcohol in Walmart or CVS within 30 miles of where i am. 

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

Not usually if sealed.  If open, the alcohol could evaporate, slowly losing effectiveness.  But if the seals are unbroken - no.

Many use-by dates are for the packaging.  Zero sum gain until opened.  Ibuprofen,  for instance, in a blister pack stays fine. But puncture the blisters and it will deliquesce.

so, if I took a bunch of (some opened) expired hand sanitizer bottles and just filled them to the top with 91% alcohol, that should be okay?

Or would a 50/50 mix be better? Or some variation in between?

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 3:46pm

I can't judge how fast the alcohol has evaporated, I only know it will have.  So, I would refil the opened ones 2/3 with 90% and 1/3 old mix (to be safe as this will give you a minimum of 60%)  and just use the unopened ones as they are - (no adjustment necessary).

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by Technophobe Technophobe wrote:

I can't judge how fast the alcohol has evaporated, I only know it will have.  So, I would refil the opened ones 2/3 with 90% and 1/3 old mix (to be safe as this will give you a minimum of 60%)  and just use the unopened ones as they are - (no adjustment necessary).

That's the percentage I was planning on in the first place, was hoping I could get away with less. lol Thank you!!! 

hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2020 at 4:48pm

Costco end of the day today 4:00pm ish...sanitizing the cart handles for customers if they prefer. Normally toilet paper  top scaffolding to ceiling full, today just floor skids. Signs for “limit 2 per member” for all toilet paper, paper towels, diapers and bottled water, overall adequate stock. One fellow shopping cart definitely prepping- coffee, large cans, paper products. I had just a few random items including bag of potting soil “it’s nice to see someone will survive and plant flowers” (to her checkout person coworker. Me “so you’ve been busy selling toilet paper, 2 per person?” Worker “Yes, they couldn’t keep it on the shelves last night, as soon as the truck emptied it was gone, we were limiting 5 per person then corporate said “only 2 per person.” (I did not look for hand sanitizer, did see disposable gloves). Looked as though some of the larger bags of rice had been hit fairly hard, few bags left. Didn’t buy toilet paper, if she only knew I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Lol.

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2020 at 11:21am

No hand sanitizer at Meijers, Bath and Body Works, Target or Staples. None online either at any of those stores. 

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2020 at 11:34am

Wow....so people caught on to Bath and Body Works I see! My brother in law up in Boston couldn't find any either, although he did get 4 bottles of Seagram's (for his nightly Manhattans!) 4 pkags. Clorox wipes and 4 bottles of bleach. He made his own sanitzer today, since he did find rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel!!

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2020 at 12:48pm

90% I hope!  As I said earlier, I looked at the hand santizer recipe again and it specified 90% or above.  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2020 at 6:05pm
CRS, DrPH
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 6:54am

Dear brother couldn't find 90% alcohol (or hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes or chlorine bleach)  I asked him if he had 90% (not 90 proof) alcohol.  He didn't but went to the local liquor store and found grain alcohol which is generally 95% alcohol.  Hey.. it'll do in a pinch!

I also told him I couldn't believe he got caught with his proverbial pants down and he's related to me.  It's not like we haven't talked about it... 

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 7:12am

Drinking alcohol is measured in %proof.  %proof is 1/2 standard measure.  So 95%proof is actually 47.5% alcohol.

Put the bottle upside down in the freezer. The water will freeze (above the alcohol in the bottom of the bottle), the alcohol will not. Simply pour this off and use.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 7:26am

Yes.  Good tip for anything less than grain alcohol or less than 180 proof!

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 10:43am

Do not forget about peroxide, all the isopropyl alcohol is gone, peroxide still in good supply. Does anyone recall seeing guidance in peroxide for disinfecting surfaces? Maybe I dreamt it.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 12:33pm

Nope.. sorry... posted a link but it was only about vinegar and bleach.  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 12:52pm

I went to Costco to buy some of our usual supplies (peanut butter, soy milk etc.) and looked for paper products....NOPE! 

Somebody told me that you had to get there early in the morning to get them!!  

We do have a supply, but I wanted to extend it.  I don't see the virus impacting production, but it may impact shipping and distribution.  

My choices for survival food include peanuts, salami, tree nuts (almonds, walnuts) etc. = nutrient dense foods.  

CRS, DrPH
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 3:22pm

Meijer grocery- no bananas, no bread, few eggs, no TP. Lines 10-15 carts deep every register. Indianapolis Indiana 

KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 3:51pm

Originally posted by hoosiermom22 hoosiermom22 wrote:

Do not forget about peroxide, all the isopropyl alcohol is gone, peroxide still in good supply. Does anyone recall seeing guidance in peroxide for disinfecting surfaces? Maybe I dreamt it.

Yes, saw it 7ish weeks ago. (HOW has it been that long???) Just the normal .03 solution is enough. I think leave on surface and dry.  

arirish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2020 at 8:47pm

The Governor of our state announced 6 cases in the state today! I realized this afternoon we were low on real cheese. ( I have a bunch of Velveeta in the pantry) Went to our small town Harps grocery and the shelves were bare!  No meat, no milk, no cheese, no bread, no flour! It's like the National Weather Service predicted a month long blizzard! All I can say is that if you need anything from here on out (at least until daily deliveries brake down) shop early in the day!

Buy more ammo!
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 5:23am

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Well went to the grocery store at 7 AM to aviod people and the place was a MESS.  They were restocking and there was a lot to restock.  People are paying attention.  They had TP and PT but I went to look for Toilet Bowl Cleaner and the place was almost empty.  They had what I needed but there were a lot of shelves almost empty.  But they did have the stock to fill the store.  

I think big chains like Kroger, Kings, Safeway have large warehouses they are pulling items from.  When you go to Sams or Costco you see what they have available everywhere their warehouse is their store.  

Keep posting folks on what you see!

Hey mom, 

I'm in Bethany, I assume a bit North of you, and the Sam's club here at MacArthur and 40 is fully stocked as of this morning with everything other than hand sanitizer, it looks like. They've got the huge oranges, too. Things are the size of grapefruit. If you don't mind a drive up, you can at least get what you need here. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 5:31am

Originally posted by hoosiermom22 hoosiermom22 wrote:

Costco end of the day today 4:00pm ish...sanitizing the cart handles for customers if they prefer. Normally toilet paper  top scaffolding to ceiling full, today just floor skids. Signs for “limit 2 per member” for all toilet paper, paper towels, diapers and bottled water, overall adequate stock. One fellow shopping cart definitely prepping- coffee, large cans, paper products. I had just a few random items including bag of potting soil “it’s nice to see someone will survive and plant flowers” (to her checkout person coworker. Me “so you’ve been busy selling toilet paper, 2 per person?” Worker “Yes, they couldn’t keep it on the shelves last night, as soon as the truck emptied it was gone, we were limiting 5 per person then corporate said “only 2 per person.” (I did not look for hand sanitizer, did see disposable gloves). Looked as though some of the larger bags of rice had been hit fairly hard, few bags left. Didn’t buy toilet paper, if she only knew I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Lol.

For rice, go to the Asian markets. 40/50 pound bags cheap. I went to OK-KO groceries yesterday after work to get some kimchi and they had all the rice you could possibly ask for. 

I am already stocked up on that with three bags and don't want to have to buy more oxygen absorbers and diatomaceous earth to pack MORE away. 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 7:55am

Went back to the store this morning 3/13/20 at 6:30 AM  well a lot of shelves were very empty and not much was being stocked back in.  I think their delivery comes tonight from what the meat man said.  God love the man there was no prepacked hamburger meat so I asked if he had in in the back.  He said no but he had some ground chuck he was putting out in the "meat display" to sell. I took the whole thing.  Got some country ribs love those.  Have to do vacuum packing of that stuff tomorrow and freeze on Sunday.

OH, frozen veggies was really empty too.  But got mostly what I need.  I am going back on Monday early morning to see what I can finish getting.

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 10:06am

Village life here.  Not cleared out, but almost was wheat flour.  I suppose people are planning on more baking than before.  Good supply of toilet paper, so priorities are different from in the cities!

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 10:08am

Amazon Fresh for my area is completely out of fresh meats, toilet paper, tissues, all canned soup (except cream of mushroom) and otc cold and flu remedies except Zicam.    I think people here in Southeast NY are paying attention...

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2020 at 10:48pm

Rice, eggs, frozen veggies. These were things that were all readily available two days ago. I'm glad I already had them. People are picking through bulk dried beans and oats now.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:55am

Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

Amazon Fresh for my area is completely out of fresh meats, toilet paper, tissues, all canned soup (except cream of mushroom) 

That's my favourite canned soup. It's delicious.  

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 2:18am

Did a pickup order at wally world Ocala Florida, rice, tuna in water, canned pasta, bottled water are mostly gone....toilet paper is decimated everything looks the same for when a hurricane is coming.

For you animal people (we have a small farm)...were going to do our feed run today, but omw home Friday, i passed the feed store, and the pickup trucks were filled to the brim leaving. I'll ask about the traffic when i go, and look at the pallet inventory later today.

P.S. I don't need more stuff, but was just being a bit of a piggy   

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 4:55am

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

Amazon Fresh for my area is completely out of fresh meats, toilet paper, tissues, all canned soup (except cream of mushroom) 

I have only used it once or twice for a recipe that calls for it.  And it seems almost all Instant Pot recipes call for it.  

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 5:33am

Was at Walmart yesterday.  Found out that people are jerks.  College kids were hording everything and leaving nothing for older people.  Had a talk with the manager.  he  admitted that a group of college students have brought sruff only to sell it on ebay later. I helped an 85 year old lady get stuff in her cart.  She looked confused as she talked to me.  I was very upset . We needed a few items and she was not able to buy them.  Tracked down one of the ebay students and demanded the toilet paper and coffee.  He had six cans of coffee and 8 huge packages of TP.  told him that if he didn't hand over the stuff, I would take his picture and shame him on the internet.  Found out that he had illegally parked in a handicap parking space.  Blocked him In to prevent him from driving off.  Cops came by and fined him 500 dollars and took all of his preps and gave them to three old vets who were shopping with me. Got to meet with a really neat guy  who flew p 51's  in Korea.  K 9 was there too.  gave him a doggie treat.   

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 6:13am

Bravo, for having the brass to confront them.....right is right, and wrong is wrong.

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 6:25am

On a lark, I searched ebay for toilet paper.  This is just one of many I found:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scott-1000-Sheets-Per-Roll-Toilet-Paper-Bathroom-Tissue-4-Rolls-4000-Sheets/402160060677?epid=1582761636&hash=item5da29b8905:g:z0QAAOSw1~tea6rf

I'm glad you did what you did ME.  Good on you!  

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 6:43am

I had a bit of help with the bratty student. My brother from another mother shows up.  He's 6 foot 4, 340 pounds of pure terror if you get on the wrong side of him. The guy is a monster.  Twerp Student was 5 foot 11 inches, maybe 180 on a good day.  Big guy is a really nice guy.  he helps us when he can.  He Is a bouncer and security guard. I am 5'6" and GF is 4 foot .   I have cerebral palsy and GF has a long list of issues.  K 9 loved GF and would not stop leaning into her. Cops laughed at Twerp and told him to hand over his stuff.  They also found weed in his vehicle.   Turned into a fun day for 3 vets and us. Twerp, not so much.  

Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 6:51am

ME163, that's the best pandemic story bar none!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 7:42am

ME163 You are my hero!!  

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 9:36am

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

Was at Walmart yesterday.  Found out that people are jerks.  College kids were hording everything and leaving nothing for older people.  Had a talk with the manager.  he  admitted that a group of college students have brought sruff only to sell it on ebay later. I helped an 85 year old lady get stuff in her cart.  She looked confused as she talked to me.  I was very upset . We needed a few items and she was not able to buy them.  Tracked down one of the ebay students and demanded the toilet paper and coffee.  He had six cans of coffee and 8 huge packages of TP.  told him that if he didn't hand over the stuff, I would take his picture and shame him on the internet.  Found out that he had illegally parked in a handicap parking space.  Blocked him In to prevent him from driving off.  Cops came by and fined him 500 dollars and took all of his preps and gave them to three old vets who were shopping with me. Got to meet with a really neat guy  who flew p 51's  in Korea.  K 9 was there too.  gave him a doggie treat.   

BRAVO! AWESOME. Thank you!!!

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 9:38am

Good for you.  God smiles on you for helping these people and getting that greedy kid!

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 2:17pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

I have only used it once or twice for a recipe that calls for it.  And it seems almost all Instant Pot recipes call for it.  

Next time, make it up as a soup and be sure to add at least one can full of milk. I think the instructions call for one can of milk and one of water, but it's extra creamy if you do two of milk. Enjoy it's lovely. And now it's making me hungry!!

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by ME163 ME163 wrote:

Good on you. I guess to some people this is just a joke at the moment. I don't know how stores can prevent this kind of behaviour. If they limit purchases to one per person, what's to stop people coming straight back in and doing another shop? You did the right thing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic