Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

February Prepping 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 2:49pm
Because of repressive EU law, mineral supplements mostly vanished off of our shelves a couple of years back.

I understand the nutrition, but have no idea of what is available in the USA. Sorry!
How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 4:05pm
Wow!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 5:18pm
One of many good reasons for leaving!
Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 9:54am
Ive just discovered that i can by hand sanitizer liquid online, in bulk. Free delivery. Ive bought 10 litres which is a fraction of the cost, compared to the little bottles; and you can refill the hand bottles for travel, etc.

Always useful. They say they supply hospitals. If you like i can keep you posted about quality, efficacy, etc, when it arrives !!!??
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Pandemic Pandemic wrote:

Ive just discovered that i can by hand sanitizer liquid online, in bulk. Free delivery. Ive bought 10 litres which is a fraction of the cost, compared to the little bottles; and you can refill the hand bottles for travel, etc.

Always useful. They say they supply hospitals. If you like i can keep you posted about quality, efficacy, etc, when it arrives !!!??

Yes please!

There's also this option if anyone runs out: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Gel-Alcohol-Hand-Sanitizer?fbclid=IwAR1RFx55E4CjdOd5lagEbSg8jsN35BtyqmhwYTP9FT3_xGCiRAyJCRqdIcU
Pandemic View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pandemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 10:06am
Thats good. Amazing what you can do at home !.
Penham View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Penham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 10:52am
I got frozen bread dough and canned fruit yesterday.
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2020 at 11:02am
Spent the afternoon making apple chutney out of bought apples. However, this batch should last us until and beyond the next apple harvest at our current usage.

It might not last so long if we are reduced to regular rice meals. With the amount of vinegar I've had some jars that have lasted over a year.
ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 5:42am
Ok, got food, water and fun stuff. Going to get the pantry set up again. Got more canned food and some freeze dried stuff. Need to activate emergency plan and get things moving.

Need to buy coffee and some spirits. got some masks. get some more stuff.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 6:20am
In case sewers or water stops functioning one would need a stack of 5gal buckets with sealable lids.
They actually make toilet seats for these.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 6:22am
Also air fans with hepa filters rolls of black plastic and duct tape can make rooms with positive or negative pressure. To take care of the sick or protect yourself
(Things the readydotgovpamdemic web site doesnt tell you)
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 8:20am
interesting, Lonewolf, one would attach a HEPA filter to the fan, cut a hole for it in the plastic, blow fan outside to create negative pressure (protective for inside) v. inside (protective for those outside, like a caregiver)? What kind of HEPA filters/fan combo could do this?
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Lonewolf Lonewolf wrote:

In case sewers or water stops functioning one would need a stack of 5gal buckets with sealable lids.
They actually make toilet seats for these.

I think you'd be safer digging a long drop if you have a garden. I wouldn't want to be storing bags of human waste under normal circumstances let alone in an emergency situation.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 3:35pm
Deep hole and cat liter. Moveable tent or shed on top.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 4:01pm
I agree with a deep hole and cat liter or ashes from fireplace, what I am planning on using. No one believes that we will be out of water or sanitary facility in our homes I hope!!! I have planned for that but hope it will never happen.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 4:21pm
You can just use earth from the heap next to the hole in the ground. The whole eastern side of Christchurch city did that after the earthquakes in 2011. There were no hygiene issues either, despite it being high summer. Many people here still use long drops at their holiday homes.
Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 4:21pm
Flumom, save your woodashes for making soap or for fertilizing your fruit bushes.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 5:14pm
Deep holes pollute groumd water. If the pamdemic is short lived you only create more problems down the road
Not to mention the well you dug for your drinking water. I wouldnt advise advising people to dig a hole without specifying the requirements at least. And there is nothing wrong with sealable buckets short term. Very sanitary
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 5:22pm
Kiwimum, not fruit bushes still thinking about doing that one. Making soap I have a lot of soap put a way so I do not have to make it!!! LOL, I hope we do not have to SIP that long!
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 8:57pm

Deep holes pollute groumd water. If the pamdemic is short lived you only create more problems down the road
Not to mention the well you dug for your drinking water. I wouldnt advise advising people to dig a hole without specifying the requirements at least. And there is nothing wrong with sealable buckets short term. Very sanitary

We're only talking a long drop to serve you and your immediate family, not the whole town. There really won't be enough in it to pollute anything. Here is a NZ government website telling you how to do it. It's common practice here and we've all survived its effects. In fact one of my children has just returned from a scout camp into the wilds that that's all they used.

https://www.health.govt.nz/your-health/healthy-living/emergency-management/protecting-your-health-emergency/during-emergency/making-temporary-toilet-or-long-drop
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 8:58am
One must be careful not to contaminate groundwater and also here in the u s there may be state and city regulations prohibiting outhouses or outdoor latrines. (I would hate to be pulled from my SIP for building one.) That said if you live in a place where they work and have the ability to dig one its most likely a good solution.
Probably the best solution for the rest of us would be buying a compsting toilet. Many are available amd from what I hear are quite a good option
One thing about it. If this virus peters out by July. I will be well stocked and prepared for the next event.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 9:53am
I really do not think if we have to use outdoor latrines anyone will be pulled from their homes, cops will be too busy with real crimes.

Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 10:32am
I would rather draw the least amount of attention i could if i sip during a time when people are desperate. But thats just me. As i said there are different options for different circumstances. Thats all.

From Wikipedia
Unlike pit latrines, composting toilets convert feces into a dry, odorless material, avoiding the issues surrounding liquid fecal sludge management (e.g. odor, insects and disposal). These toilets minimize the risk of water pollution through the safe containment of feces in above-ground vaults, which allows the toilets to be sited in locations where pit-based systems are not appropriate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composting_toilet

All I am saying is there are different options. If you are only staying in an area for 2 weeks before bugging out to a new location a couple 5 gal sealable buckets will work. If you are in a location that a latrine wont cause problems with city and state groundwater safety regs, (for the health and safety of us all), that will work. If you are staying longer and niether of those options work for obvious health and safety reasons, a composting toilet will work.
Why is this so hard to understand?
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

I really do not think if we have to use outdoor latrines anyone will be pulled from their homes, cops will be too busy with real crimes.

Also you are highly unlikely to build one on your front lawn are you? You'd be discreet about it.

Lonewolf, the people of the Eastern suburbs in Christchurch used them for 7 or 8 months and they were all fine. When we say long drop we're only talking 2 feet deep. At that shallow depth, feces compost naturally. My grandad used to tip their toilet bucket into a long trench in his veg garden that was a foot deep. He start at one end and then cover it with soil and work his way along. The next growing season he put his runner beans over that trench and he always got a good crop.

Compare that to *****ting in a plastic bag in a bucket. The stench will be unbearable about 2 hours in, and it would be an anaerobic sess pit of bacteria and rot. I'm no doctor but opening that bucket to go again would be really hazardous to your health, not least from the wave of ammonia that you'd inhale. I know all the books say double line a bucket with bags etc but how are you going to dispose of it after the event? If you're SIP then you'll have to deal with it at some point. Once society starts to return to normal it'll take time for services to get get up and running properly again and in the meantime you've got a house or yard full of fermenting bags of pee and poop. Not nice.

Btw, we lived with composting toilets for 8 years while we were building out our house and they worked great but we made our own out of buckets with sawdust. We composted it all on site and then used it in our garden. It was a great solution. But if you don't have the materials then the long drop is the next best idea.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:16pm
I agree with you KiwiMum I have always planned on a long drop if needed. I eve purchased a hand post hole digger for this purpose. I have a place in my back yard where I will lift up a 18x18 paver dig the hole use it cover with dirt and paver then go to the next paver do it again. Hope we do not get that bad. Oh I have a sm storage shed to give privacy just have to figure out how to weight it down. Just got an idea.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:29pm
I really dont care what christchurch did. Where i live the water table is about 5ft down. Certain cities have these regulations for health reasons. As i said i don't mind latrines if they are feasable. It all depends on your circumstances 5gal sealable buckets dont smell with the lid on. And you all are just at this point being argumentative without any justifiable reason besides you can because your on the internet and for some reason people get like that when it has no repercussions. Hope people in towns like mine dont take to sh***ing in a hole and contaminating our ground water and surrounding wells . . All i did was mention a toilet. Some found an opporunity to use it in a stinky way. Im done with this subject
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:37pm
FYI... We were taught never to plant things like tubers or carrots in human compost for the first season. Always an above ground crop. Then after that you can plant anything you wish.
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 1:58pm

I really dont care what christchurch did. Where i live the water table is about 5ft down. Certain cities have these regulations for health reasons. As i said i don't mind latrines if they are feasable. It all depends on your circumstances 5gal sealable buckets dont smell with the lid on. And you all are just at this point being argumentative without any justifiable reason besides you can because your on the internet and for some reason people get like that when it has no repercussions. Hope people in towns like mine dont take to sh***ing in a hole and contaminating our ground water and surrounding wells . . All i did was mention a toilet. Some found an opporunity to use it in a stinky way. Im done with this subject

Keep your hair on! this is a discussion forum. I'm not attacking you personally. We all get to discuss stuff on here citing our own experiences and knowledge and that's what make it so interesting and informative. I learn from these people every day. It's great. No offence intended.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 2:08pm
Whatever. I know what was said and im done with it. I know there are good people here. Met a few. Others seem a little over. But thats society anyways. I really doubt this virus will last beyond may or june anyways. No reason for anyone to get stupid about it all. At least not at this point. And if anyone pollutes the groundwater in my home town i will call the police. Im sure my neighbors will as well not to mention holding them responsible for polluted drinking wells in the area. So yes you might want to check with your state and city regulations first before digging a latrine. And digging one regardless of the laws is showing a lack of respect and responsibility for your community and your neighbors. IMHO
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 5:02pm
An interesting study in NZ last year recommended that no one should drink from wells less than 12m deep. Many of the older properties have bores that are quite shallow. They found in the wells (less than 12m) that there was significant traces of nitrates and pollutants from fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides and animal feces, particularly from cows. I don't think drinking shallow ground water is a good idea under any circumstances. We have a well but it's 40m deep and it's been tested and is very pure. I do think you need to go deep with modern agricultural practices.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 7:43pm
With a lot of wells you dig till you hit the groundwater level. If you hit it at 25m. You dont dig to 40 for different water. It doesnt work that way for a lot of areas. Once you hit thw water thats it.
Some geographic areas have water at 25m. All the wells in that area are at that depth. Some area at 17meters. All wells in that area are at that depth
It all depends on where you live which is why one should check local laws and geographies. Some areas have very shallow groundwater. Some of it like in our area is artisian water which is very pure because it comes from high mountain snow melt and then is filtered through the lower umderground landscape and sits in pure underground lakes called aquifers.
Very natural. Very pure. Very good tasting. In loeer levels you dont have to dig far down and those wells are shallower. In higher areas those people have to dig a little farther. Same water. Different distances to hit the underground lake.
I actually own a piece of mountainside where before you put in septic you need to do what os called a perk test. All places towns cities are different according to local laws to protect stream lake and drinking waters
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2020 at 8:05pm

pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 3:40am
I wanted to share a cool little discovery we just made.

If you have access to Walmart, check out the Bumblebee Snack on the run boxes for $1.00 (kind of like the flavored tuna pouches) the ones i found have tins in them with a foil pack of 6 crackers and a tiny spoon over 1 year shelf life on mine.

We opened the boxes, and there is room in the boxes for more stuff, like towelette, tissue, and candy, couple sticks of gum etc:....close up the box and you have a really cool pro packs for kids.

Just thought they were super cool, (we still have kids at home)
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 6:25am
Pheasant. Awesome idea its always nice to have a good variety of items stocked as after time rice and beans get boring. And if you have kids a fee board games are always nice to stock if you are sitting confined to a specific abode.
Try to insert a lot of different food items in stock amd inserting wipes is a very good idea to save space. Something i didnt think about. But now i will thanks
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 6:43am
Another thing i thought about was extra rent mortgage payments put away in case you are out of work. I know the gov may jump in during a crises but that is usually too little to late
It always helps to be prepared. I also know that many people are having a hard time even making their current bills and for some its hard to save money
When I first started doing this (and i am glad i did) i started by taking a small part of my paycheck and going down to the travel agencies and banks and converting it into foriegn currency. I live in the US so I was getting canadian amd german marks mostly. It sometimes cost me a little in the conversion but it took away the temptation to binge and run to the store on the weekends. I also would go to the coin stores and buy silver rounds. This made it harder for me to drain my savings but in an emergency i could convert it back to cash
   If you manage to save a month or two of rent/mortgage up for emergency i would not recomend keeping it in a bank. With the new bail ins and laws anymore in an economic emergency they could take it or freeze it
   But it is nice to stock a few payments ahead if you can. I have found it advantagous on occasion ehen i changed or lost a job and needed to get back on my feet.
   I know foreign money like silver can make or lose value over time but it is less volitile than a lot of other areas.
Its always nice to stock a little cash if you can and anyway you can. Even if its just a little
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 6:53am
Also if you are just starting prepping I would start with the basic necessities first and build from there. Its easy to get started. A little food and and water first. Blankets. Cash. A gun if you are so inclined. Etc
just curious what order on the list of things others would recommend. Just saying i wouldnt start out buying board games. I think water would be first. Then food and first aid.
Where does a beggining prepper start?
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 7:57am
LoneWolf - the board games is bang on, I've got puzzles, lots of books I havent' had time to read, and a couple board games - but sure could use more of those!

One concern I have (was brought up on forum a couple weeks back) is utilities...if things get truly ugly and the grid goes down then there's no wifi etc to keep the kids (& adults!) busy! Which reminds me - oil lamp fuel was on my list and I didn't find it the other day, thanks for reminder!
If it's to be - it's up to me!
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 8:13am
Water, can food, way to cook can food, way to stay warm, way to go to the bathroom, way to wash your clothes, seeing at night with oil lamps forget go to bed when it gets dark get up when it gets light. I would get a gun only if you know how to use it. Gun safety first for you and your family.

If you need light get good flash lights and lots of batteries. I have candles too but get fire extinguishers if you are going to use. Look I hope if we have to SIP we have electricity but this is the U.S. not China where you go to the electric plant or die so many will stay home so the grid could go down.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 8:22am
Water

Food

Heat (this part of world it's critical!) ie. wood or coal stove - something for backup to electric/natural gas furnaces in case of extended power outage, and if wood - chainsaw/spare blades etc to be able to get more wood, if coal or a propane space heater or whatever - fuel... If you are somewhere like Australia - you may just need a few good blankets and a small stove for heating water/food. Here we recently went through a week of truly ugly -40c and -50c with windchills so heat need is relevant to climate.

Light backup - oil lamp, solar garden stakes etc - esp if you have kids - dark is scary...and light blockers (can simply be a couple layers of cardboard on room window where you'll have light) - but you do not want to be only one on block 'lit up'!

Medical Supplies - I still need to find a truly good list of what should be in a 'complete' medical kit...anyone out there have a great list??? Basics are obvious but need much more if things get truly ugly.

Security items (what this entails and where on list - higher or lower will be depending on personal beliefs, location etc)

Then any/all extras (treats, entertainment) I've got lots of extras because of garage sales - Puzzles for $0.25 or books 3/$1 etc - lots without spending hardly anything.

Always buy basics first then add extras as $/time permits
If it's to be - it's up to me!
KiwiMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 3:09pm
I think a few comfort foods are important. This could just be some hard candy, it doesn't have to be much. But in an emergency everyone feels on edge and the odd little sweet treat could really make a difference.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2020 at 3:28pm
Well you convinced me to purchase cookies...if no SIP then put it out for the teachers at school they eat everything...lol.   It is true...lol!
hoosiermom22 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hoosiermom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

I think a few comfort foods are important. This could just be some hard candy, it doesn't have to be much. But in an emergency everyone feels on edge and the odd little sweet treat could really make a difference.

Day after valentine chocolates?! Seal them in a freezer bag and toss in the freezer!
BeachMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Well you convinced me to purchase cookies...if no SIP then put it out for the teachers at school they eat everything...lol.   It is true...lol!

We stress-eat a lot, FluMom. Trust me, every time you bring food for the teachers, they bless you!
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2020 at 4:01pm
Who needs stress?
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2020 at 4:03pm
Lol I always have candy for them to eat and they eat it...lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic