Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do some Big Congested Cities Help Breed a High ROM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Do some Big Congested Cities Help Breed a High ROM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do some Big Congested Cities Help Breed a High ROM
    Posted: February 16 2020 at 3:08pm
Do some big congested cities help breed some disease death and pandemics?

This goes back to a discussion I had earlier with techno here. on. the coronavirus, pneumonia, ace2,  the human lungs, asians, virus deaths, smokers and post med treatment symptom. All found. In various medical journals. 
(personal disclaimer)
  This is not fake news nor propaganda, it is simply an idea on a train of thought I had and nothing more. 
  But. . . Since in the published medical studies it was evident that chronic smokers were more suseptable pneumonia death after coronavirus infection. And in a seperate study on asian%50.  vs white% 5?  . was it possiblethat in the study amongst the asians they smoked more amd came from congested asian high smog cities. And the smog and ctamped quarters may have also like smokets affected the ace2 lumg count convetsely showing more sever symtoms and less immume defence becaise not of yje genetics but because of the environment
   If this is a correct possibility 
    This would mean we would see a higher death rate per population in congested cities rather than outlying areas  which less poulated areas would still be contracting the illness but recovery rate of these outlying areas would be slightly better in the statistics (all medical availabilty held constant)
  I am wondering of we can see the effect of pollution on the immune system by looking at population motality rates on a given disease. 
  Wacthing say california vs nackwoods minnesota. And even cities outside the US like wuhan and hong kong bs others 
  If you look at the highest city pollution rates here in tje US on the EPA  website california rums at the top of the list in the US. greatly i n polluting cities. Or at least they ised to have that list. It was quite impressive O havet gone nack but ot was easily in the top 10 polluting US Cities.  
  Those cities should be correlated with ROM. to show the effects on the immune system. 
   Just wonderimg if this would hold true

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 4:09pm
When I went to Paris and saw how packed in they are I thought wow a pandemic will kill most everyone here...just like NY City.   That is why I am social distancing as much as I can now to see how this will all work.
Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 4:18pm
I had raised the question of environmental factors (smog mostly) causing the higher death rates there/China as well.   I haven't had a lot of time to look to see if any studies done on this - but I do feel there is a likely link between air pollution and more serious cases, after all it's just another form of predisposition (or illness/weakness in lungs) in a sense, right? I brought it up as worried my (somewhat compromised lungs) predisposes me...

Closeness of population is to me a 'given' for causing spread - just like kids in a classroom or people on an airplane - the more sardine like you are...the worse it bodes for you is my take on this.
If it's to be - it's up to me!
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 5:21pm
Yes Newbie. I remember during the afore mentioned genetic ace2 discussion someone else asking about culteral/environmental possibilities with targeted selection but wasnt sure to whom it was referenced. I take it it was you?
Anyways the current numbers coming in regards to geographical locationing could be possibly revealing about those questions of culteral and environmental targeting including city smog and population density vs rural and even more isolated communities. Also nutrition, water quality, in regards not to total virus immunity. but in survivability and ROM.

Glupa View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Long term valued member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glupa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 5:50pm
Completely anecdotal and evidence of nothing.

My wife grew up in Krakow (and no, I didn’t order her from an ad in a magazine. :-) and at that time the small valley where the city is located was ringed by soviet era heavy polluting industries. Respiratory diseases and pneumonia were fairly common, my wife had at least 4 bouts of pneumonia herself.

This is one of the reasons why this virus scares me so. I love the woman dearly and am worried for her future if this becomes a full blown pandemic.
Lonewolf View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2020 at 7:01pm
Anecdotal yes, and looking for the evidence as we speak.
And if the virus hits Krakow. I will watch those numbets as well
I am hoping it doesnt hit Krakow or anywhere else new. and if it does my prayets are with you and yours Glupa. I mean no ill will
Only solutuons that are good for us all. Such as lowerimg those local pollutuon numners to better help those people in those areas better overcome sickness naturally.
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 5:49am
I think we just need to look at the number of people in a limited space of a cruise ship infection rate to see the potential of an infection rate in densely packed cities.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by WitchMisspelled WitchMisspelled wrote:

I think we just need to look at the number of people in a limited space of a cruise ship infection rate to see the potential of an infection rate in densely packed cities.

YES, we can see how bad this will be in cities. Babycat can you do a graph on the cruise ship number we will see what happens in close quarters.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic