Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Trump reassures Americans not to panic - Event Date: February 03 2020 - May 01 2020

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Trump reassures Americans not to panic
    Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:28am

Trump reassures American people. wTF

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:32am

Well not any different message from the Docs or from CRS.  I hope this does not get bad until after school is over.  Panic is not what any of us want.  

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:36am

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Well not any different message from the Docs or from CRS.  I hope this does not get bad until after school is over.  Panic is not what any of us want.  

No need to panic about anything.  THIS IS NOT A VERY LETHAL VIRUS!!  It spreads easily, but most cases are mild. 

I've worked with infectious diseases for over 30 years.  I have been vaccinated against smallpox TWICE for my work in homeland security and bioterrorism.  There are far, far worse infectious agents that could break out, look up Agent X from WHO.  This doesn't count bioengineered agents from places like North Korea.  

Calm down.  You likely won't catch this anytime soon.  It may make its way around society in future months and years, but there will be antivirals available to help.  COVID-19 is a symptom of our inter-connected world, and intrusion into the animal world in remote areas.  

CRS, DrPH
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:46am

Yes if it gets bad we will have schools, churches and other venues close but at this time it is not that bad.  Guys like I said in the thread I started do not feel bad you got prepped early.  Hopefully, like me it is stuff you will use!   I will not have to go the the grocery store except for veggies and milk and fresh meat for a long time.  I have all the canned goods I need for over a year!  CRS is correct we need to CHILL!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:49am

He will do or say ANYTHING to save to stock market lol. It's all he has left going into 2020.   

Saving the stock market will not be possible I'm afraid.   Trump would kill have the planet to save the stock market lol. 

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:51am

Everything about Trump, and what he says, is about saving the stock market.  All are expendable when it comes to the market.  I voted Trump, but have cut bait with him.

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2020 at 11:58am

I don't think anyone can save the stock market you are giving President Trump too much power.  I am sitting this one out, I sold all of my losing stocks in December to offset a winner stock I had too much of.  My portfolio looks fine today...just checked it down some but not that bad.  I buy at times like these when stocks go down and I am waiting for it to go down even more to get more stocks!  

I am sorry you don't like Trump anymore Albert but I would hate to see a stock market under Sanders or Biden!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic