Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Doctor thinks I have Covid19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doctor thinks I have Covid19
    Posted: March 14 2020 at 12:36pm

Totally serious. 

My job has me inspecting aircraft from around the world. Last night I started getting a tickle in my throat in Jacksonville, a couple hours later I was lightly coughing in Baltimore, and by the time I got to Minneapolis I was sicker than hell. 

Then I had to drive a rental to Iowa where I was supposed to take a look at a sweet little Citation.

I was getting the spins, feeling feverish, coughing, etc. Went to the ER and they put me in an isolation room and stuck a six inch swab up my nostrils to test for both influenza and Covid19. Influenza came back negative so they think it is indeed the China McChina Kung Wu Flu and put me into home isolation. The .gov is giving me two weeks or more admin leave, which at $52 an hour to sit and watch netflix and get all caught up on my stories 

Honestly i have had worse colds than this. I had the real deal flu a few years ago and it would have killed a lesser man. I had trouble getting INTO bed. This the only thing is I am coughing from time to time, a bit of phlegm and a fever.

Doctor gave me this: 

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 12:46pm

Look after yourself, Pal.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
KiminNM View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiminNM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 12:53pm

Yikes! Are you at your own home now?  

Take care of yourself please, and keep us informed.  Sending healing thoughts.   

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Turboguy Turboguy wrote:

Totally serious. 

My job has me inspecting aircraft from around the world. Last night I started getting a tickle in my throat in Jacksonville, a couple hours later I was lightly coughing in Baltimore, and by the time I got to Minneapolis I was sicker than hell. 

Then I had to drive a rental to Iowa where I was supposed to take a look at a sweet little Citation.

I was getting the spins, feeling feverish, coughing, etc. Went to the ER and they put me in an isolation room and stuck a six inch swab up my nostrils to test for both influenza and Covid19. Influenza came back negative so they think it is indeed the China McChina Kung Wu Flu and put me into home isolation. The .gov is giving me two weeks or more admin leave, which at $52 an hour to sit and watch netflix and get all caught up on my stories 

Honestly i have had worse colds than this. I had the real deal flu a few years ago and it would have killed a lesser man. I had trouble getting INTO bed. This the only thing is I am coughing from time to time, a bit of phlegm and a fever.

Doctor gave me this: 

Thanks, TurboGuy, good update!  Sorry you have this, most cases tend not to be life-threatening....older folks with diabetes, chain-smokers etc. seem to be hit hardest.  

As I've been saying for months, "it is basically a very, very bad cold."  You need to ensure that you are protected for secondary pneumonia (bacterial), and if you haven't been vaccinated for pneumococcal pneumonia, please ask your docs.  

Wear a mask when you are around people so you don't pass it on, and WASH YOUR HANDS, as the virus is also passed along in our poop.  

You have a neat job, tell us some stories if you need to pass the time!  Be safe, Chuck

CRS, DrPH
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:06pm

WOW, Turbo, hope you are home and get better fast.  Like CRS says it most likely will be a bad cold.  Keep us posted with daily updates.  If you are alone please tell a friend near you so that if you get worse they can at least check on you or get your butt to the hospital if you can't breath.  Do you have an Oximeter?    You should you can get one on Amazon.  Get one and check you O2 levels 3 times a day.  If you go below 90 get your butt to the hospital!

ME163 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ME163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:06pm

Dang, that is really scary.  Sending prayers to you and your family.   Turboguy,  hope all goes well.  You need to go to UNL Medical Center and get admitted to infection control unit , ASAP.   

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:09pm

Turbo is a founding member of forum from years ago.  Going to make this a sticky topic for awhile.  

Hang in there Turbo! 

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:30pm

Thanks everyone. 

Yeah, it is really a cold. Not a bad cold, just a cold. I was able to flirt reasonably well with the very attractive nurse who tried four times to get my vein and failed. As the good Dr. said above, and was said to me multiple times at the hospital, if you're a smoker, COPD, etc, this thing could really easily put you in the ground, and they asked me multiple times if I smoked. Or partook in other... more interesting flavors of smoke. I don't, wouldn't want to lose my job.

I will know for sure what I have in the next couple days. Doctors said that if I indeed have it I will get a call from them verifying that it is indeed Covid, and then a call from someone at the CDC saying what I should do next, and that I will be having to call in twice a day so they can make sure that I am not going out and eating brains, licking door handles, farting on pillows. You know, normal me stuff. 

The swabs to the nostrils was interesting. She got so far up there I think she poked my brain and the backs of my eyes... I almost asked her for her phone number after getting that intimate with me.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:34pm

Reminds me of a nursing tale from long ago:

Patient having a catheter fitted speaking to pretty nurse:  "Do you always take the p1ss out of people when you first meet them?"

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:35pm

Wow!  Get well soon, Turbo.  Keep us posted on how you're doing please!

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:39pm

Thanks everyone. 

Yeah, it is really a cold. Not a bad cold, just a cold. I was able to flirt reasonably well with the very attractive nurse who tried four times to get my vein and failed. As the good Dr. said above, and was said to me multiple times at the hospital, if you're a smoker, COPD, etc, this thing could really easily put you in the ground, and they asked me multiple times if I smoked. Or partook in other... more interesting flavors of smoke. I don't, wouldn't want to lose my job.

I will know for sure what I have in the next couple days. Doctors said that if I indeed have it I will get a call from them verifying that it is indeed Covid, and then a call from someone at the CDC saying what I should do next, and that I will be having to call in twice a day so they can make sure that I am not going out and eating brains, licking door handles, farting on pillows. You know, normal me stuff. 

The swabs to the nostrils was interesting. She got so far up there I think she poked my brain and the backs of my eyes... I almost asked her for her phone number after getting that intimate with me.

I'm loving the intimacy of your nose swab!! lol. 

Did you tell the rental company that you are infected? I'm not sure how well they clean those cars at the best of time. I had one in the North Island last month, a real top of the range one, and we found some very expensive skin cream under the front seat - I was delighted, but if they miss that, what else are they missing?

I hope you recover soon. Take care. xx

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 1:42pm

Turbo my late husband made me laugh till I got tears, all the time.  I haven't laughed like that since he was here even at the end he made me laugh.  Well today you made me laugh like that again...sorry it took you getting Covid19 to do that...but I love to laugh.   I have not done that until today!  Stay well Turbo and keep the funny lines coming!!!! LOL!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 2:23pm

Unfortunately we in the U.S. have no rapid testing available, and barely any testing at all.  It has to be sent to the CDC, which takes 2-3 days.  We always hear about the millions of test kits being sent out in the U.S., but literally there are none whatsoever.    

ViQueen24 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViQueen24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 3:31pm

Get well soon TG.  Keep us updated, if you feel up to it.  

Tabitha111 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabitha111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 3:53pm

Hmmm...are you that AA pilot that has Covid 19?

'A man who does not think and plan long ahead will find trouble right at his door.'
--Confucius

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 3:55pm

Stay well TG....

I've had a sore throat for the last 2 days,daughter and grandaughter same, not worried,(not getting a test)

wife had cold last week, over it in a few days, keeping an eye on it though, as I've heard there could be three stages,

We STILL need to know which Strain is circulating where ?

"L" in Europe ? The baddie

"S "here and in the USA, the not so bad? 

Anyone any wiser? 

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 4:14pm

Pretty sure I read US has all the strains.🤒

Feel better soon, Turboguy.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 4:23pm

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

Unfortunately we in the U.S. have no rapid testing available, and barely any testing at all.  It has to be sent to the CDC, which takes 2-3 days.  We always hear about the millions of test kits being sent out in the U.S., but literally there are none whatsoever.    

NOT TRUE...my friends daughter is manning a van in front of the clinic she is working at.  She is a physician's assistant and she is in the front lines.  Today she had 12 people come through from other doctors and ER's not many know her company can test but out of the 12 only 3 had the correct symptoms for Covid19.  So you better know what the symptoms are if you don't have them they will not test you.  BAD as far as I am concerned but those are the rules.

She is fully suited PPE for the testing line but in the clinic to see people NO MASKS!  I told her mother I have some masks if things get really bad or they need them.  She said that her daughter and son in law also in the medical field are not worried because they are in their 30's.  YCFS! 

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by KiwiMum KiwiMum wrote:

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/emojione/2.0.1/assets/svg/1f602.svg);">  I'm loving the intimacy of your nose swab!! lol. 

Did you tell the rental company that you are infected? I'm not sure how well they clean those cars at the best of time. I had one in the North Island last month, a real top of the range one, and we found some very expensive skin cream under the front seat - I was delighted, but if they miss that, what else are they missing?

I hope you recover soon. Take care. xx

No, I did not... not yet anyway. They just gave me the rental and I drove it. I figure that if this is indeed Covid that after the two full weeks of the car sitting in the sun, any possibility of spreading it from there will be moot. I am afraid that if I told them that I have this that they'd make me buy the stupid thing. It is a *VERY* nice truck, however, exactly like my personal truck except dark ocean blue. 

Yeah, she *REALLY* got in there. It was to the point it seemed like she was having fun trying to light a campfire in my head with the spinning stick trick.

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Turbo my late husband made me laugh till I got tears, all the time.  I haven't laughed like that since he was here even at the end he made me laugh.  Well today you made me laugh like that again...sorry it took you getting Covid19 to do that...but I love to laugh.   I have not done that until today!  Stay well Turbo and keep the funny lines coming!!!! LOL!

Haha yeah mom, we have all heard it said that a good laugh is the best medicine. 

The best part of today was the look on the receptionist's face as I left the hospital when I said to her, "Have fun being freaked out over this!!!" She genuinely looked like she picked her nose and found a spider. I personally blame the media for screaming at the tops of their collective lungs that "ZOMG WE ARE ALL GOAN DIE!!!" when that really isn't the case. It is a virus that you only really have to worry about if you do unhealthy stuff or are late in life. Don't get me wrong, it's not all rainbows and sunshine and I am right now trying to figure out how in the hell I'm going to order food here, get Hyvee or Sam's club stuff to make my own, etc when I could give someone potential Covid19 by handing them my credit card, but it isn't any worse than an annoying cold.

Yup, but they told me 24 to 48 hours until they call me to tell me what I have. That's probably best case scenario. 

Originally posted by Tabitha111 Tabitha111 wrote:

Hmmm...are you that AA pilot that has Covid 19?

No, I'm not an airline pilot. I work as an Avionics Airworthiness Safety Inspector for the FAA. I have my private pilot license and instrument rating, but never piloted the big boys. Basically if someone needs to have their aircraft inspected to ensure that it is safe to fly on, they call me and I go do the certification. I have an extensive law enforcement background which has helped me quite a bit as this job can sometimes lead to the enforcement side of ensuring air safety. My other duty is crash investigation, where Law Enforcement comes in handy as I've been to the NHTSA accident investigation school for cars, and weirdly enough many of the principles are exactly the same.

Originally posted by carbon20 carbon20 wrote:

I've had a sore throat for the last 2 days,daughter and grandaughter same, not worried,(not getting a test)

wife had cold last week, over it in a few days, keeping an eye on it though, as I've heard there could be three stages,

We STILL need to know which Strain is circulating where ?

"L" in Europe ? The baddie

"S "here and in the USA, the not so bad? 

Anyone any wiser? 

Mine was in stages over a few hours. Started out as a tickle in my throat like I had a hair way back there where I wanted to cough it out but couldn't and would just clear my throat from time to time to itch it. Then it became a light cough. Never sore, just a tickle and slight productivity. From the time it was a light cough to where I was one sick pup was maybe an hour. I kind of figured it might be allergies or I was super tired or something, because sometimes if I get too tired I'll have an occasional cough or feel sick and I did a lot of flying yesterday. 

The drive from Minneapolis to where I am now in Iowa was about 3.5 hours starting at 0000 and I remember very little of it. Just that if I looked away from the road I would get positional disorientation and look back up and it was like I couldn't remember what the hell I was doing before I looked away. I ended up stopping at a gas station in Albert Lea and drinking a Monster which got me the rest of the way through. Kind of scary now that I think about the drive. 

This morning when I woke up I felt like I had a cold, but noticed that I felt oddly frigid in this apartment. Funny thing is that the apartment here is situated with many East Indian families around and I swear they have to have their heat well over 90! All of them! I have the heat turned off in here and the thermostat still says it is 74 degrees inside. When I saw that I figured I should take a shower and noticed that I was cold in the shower too with hot water hitting me. Went to the hospital after that. 

Now every now and again I get a little twinge in my sinuses and feel like I constantly need to clear my throat. When I cough I really get going and sometimes cough hard enough to gag, but it is a rarity; maybe once every two hours.

NOT TRUE...my friends daughter is manning a van in front of the clinic she is working at.  She is a physician's assistant and she is in the front lines.  Today she had 12 people come through from other doctors and ER's not many know her company can test but out of the 12 only 3 had the correct symptoms for Covid19.  So you better know what the symptoms are if you don't have them they will not test you.  BAD as far as I am concerned but those are the rules.

She is fully suited PPE for the testing line but in the clinic to see people NO MASKS!  I told her mother I have some masks if things get really bad or they need them.  She said that her daughter and son in law also in the medical field are not worried because they are in their 30's.  YCFS! 

Whenever the doctors/nurses came in to see me they would put on a new gown, face mask, gloves, etc. As they walked out, they would toss them in a biohazard wastebasket. They were wearing full faceshields with ther N95's which I belive is why the cute nurse (Rebecca, I might accidentally get "Sick" again at some point in the near future to get some more of her tender ministrations and maybe seven digits) had such a hard time starting the blood draw. You can't see crap through those things.

PrepGirl View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 5:47pm

Hope your well soon

PrepGirl
BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 7:04pm

I hope you recover quickly.

I've spent time in Minnesota so I think you got lucky with Minnesota or Iowa hospitals...very professional and high quality. Perhaps in another place they wouldn't have even tested. 

But Albert Lea.on the road...I have also been on the road and I am absolutely paranoid over gas station food shops and restrooms right now. You've just given me a very good reason to be even more so...;)

roni3470 View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roni3470 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 8:08pm

Get well Turbo!  You have always made me laugh for years and years now.  hope you are well soon and keep us updated!

NOW is the Season to Know

that Everything you Do

is Sacred
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 9:58pm

TG - sorry to hear it found you, but I'm glad it's sounding like a pretty mild case. Rest up and make the most of the unscheduled paid break. Keep us in the loop, yeah?

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 10:00pm

Take care, Turbo! 🌻

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2020 at 11:11pm

Do get lots of rest in these two weeks at home.  Hope it doesn't turn bad enough for you to visit that pretty nurse again  

Dutch Josh View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 1:37am

Turboguy-maybe treat it as Covid19 till you know for sure it is not Covid19-maximum of rest, good food, enough of drinking. If it is "just a cold" it will not harm you-if it turns out to be Covid19 it will help you. 

What I understand is that sometimes-at first-everything sames mild-it can get worse-so be on the safe side !

Get well soon and enjoy good movies and rest !

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
~Albert Einstein
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 5:25am

She is fully suited PPE for the testing line but in the clinic to see people NO MASKS!  I told her mother I have some masks if things get really bad or they need them.  She said that her daughter and son in law also in the medical field are not worried because they are in their 30's.  YCFS! 

I suppose it depends on where you are located.  Turbo is in hospital and still doesn't have results yet and has to wait a couple days.  On the FB groups, hearing a lot of the same, and the lack of ability to test, or they have to wait several days for results. Again, it depends where you are located I suppose. 

Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 5:37am

Wishing you a speedy recovery,!!!!A few weeks ago mine came back as H1N2. Hope yours does too!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 6:44am

Day 2. 

Ugh... Last night was horrible. I have always wondered why all sicknesses are x5 as bad at night than they are during the day. Probably to prevent you from sleeping so you can be even more miserable! My fever was, per this piece of shit Mobi digital thermometer that will read something different every time you stick it in your ear, somewhere around 101.8. I woke up at about 0400 and took two more ibuprophens and drank a liter bottle of water from the fridge. Seemed to give me some relief because I went back to sleep, but being in that state at night like that was surreal. I had the spins and my ears were ringing (They still are) so a secondary ear infection might be a thing, or maybe just me sniffling and coughing and whatnot pressurized/depressurized my ears. Either way I am unable to clear my ears.

My voice now sounds genuinely sick, but I haven't really had to cough anymore, which is an improvement I think. If I make myself cough to get the crud out, it tastes nasty.  Day two is DEFINITELY worse than day one was. Yesterday I was just feeling kind of cruddy. This morning I feel like shit, but not as bad as I felt last night.

Hoping the fever breaks. I sincerely hate fevers. 

This thing isn't really all that bad to be honest, nowhere near the real deal influenza, but the thing is that if everyone got as sick as I am right now at the same time, it would be BAD. I could go outside and work if I really wanted to, but I would have to *REALLY* want to, and there isn't anything all that important at work anyway.

Now I just wish I had some Tylenol...

Originally posted by Usk Usk wrote:

Wishing you a speedy recovery,!!!!A few weeks ago mine came back as H1N2. Hope yours does too!

So they tested for that specifically, (InfluA/B) with the mind probes up my nose and mine came back negative for them. I should hear what it is tonight/tomorrow/Tuesday. Kinda feel that if this was just standard flu they'd have told me right then and there.

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 6:50am

One thing about this one is that the mild cases take 1-2 weeks to recover., similar to the regular flu / cold   The more severe ones take 6 weeks or more.  Let's hope yours isn't on the severe side, as being sick for 6 weeks + doesn't seem like a lot of fun.   The 6-week + recovery time is what sets this aside from the flu / cold, and yes hospitals could easily become overwhelmed with that recovery time.   

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 7:09am

Turbo are you home?  Where are you!  My mother side is coming out!  Fever is good it kills the virus...can you get some Tylenol delivered?  You should be comfortable.

EasyE View Drop Down
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 8:10am

Sorry to hear that...

I don't know if you're a man of faith, but I just said a prayer for you. Please, if your health allows, keep us posted. 

Godspeed. 

"Will wrestle you for food"
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 12:09pm

Turbo are you home?  Where are you!  My mother side is coming out!  Fever is good it kills the virus...can you get some Tylenol delivered?  You should be comfortable.

Hey mom, I'm not at home. I forget if it is you or Penham that lives in Oklahoma, but my house is just Northwest of Bethany OK.

The FAA has contract apartments around the country and they put me in one. I have ibuprofen (Advil liquigels) and a case of water, jug of milk, and cereal and one of the guys I was supposed to work with here has brought me groceries and gave me a rash of crap through the door. Everything he bought came from from Hyvee, but he said that they were conspicuously out of regular Tylenol/acetaminophen. Currently I'm in Cedar Falls Iowa. 

I'm just tired of the fever. It is the part that is kicking my behind. That and the chills.

carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 1:52pm

Hi there, 

My sore throat gone now,seem fine,

I have heard all along it's like a dose of the REAL FLU, which I had the other year knocked me flat for 4 days took a few weeks to recover,

Keep your fluids up TG

Thanks for the update 

Nothing like "local knowlage"

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.đź––

Marcus Aurelius
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 1:59pm

Hey mom, I'm not at home. I forget if it is you or Penham that lives in Oklahoma, but my house is just Northwest of Bethany OK.

The FAA has contract apartments around the country and they put me in one. I have ibuprofen (Advil liquigels) and a case of water, jug of milk, and cereal and one of the guys I was supposed to work with here has brought me groceries and gave me a rash of crap through the door. Everything he bought came from from Hyvee, but he said that they were conspicuously out of regular Tylenol/acetaminophen. Currently I'm in Cedar Falls Iowa. 

I'm just tired of the fever. It is the part that is kicking my behind. That and the chills.

God Love YOU, I am so sorry!  I am in Denver so I am far away too!  I know you will kick this just stay warm take your Advil and drink lots of water.  Please keep writing here so we know you are ok!!!  

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 2:11pm

Day 2. 

I had the spins and my ears were ringing (They still are) so a secondary ear infection might be a thing, or maybe just me sniffling and coughing and whatnot pressurized/depressurized my ears. Either way I am unable to clear my ears.

Poor you. I hope you feel better soon. It's awful being ill, especially on your own. I have a sure fire way of clearing your ears, it always works and it's something my grandmother taught me. You warm up a bit of pure olive oil on a teaspoon. You want it just warmer than blood temperature - certainly not hot. Then you trickle it into your ear. It should feel warm going in. Then stop up your ear with some cotton wool. It relieves earache, and blocked ears and removes all sort of crud from the ear canal. I use this on my whole family. Repeat as often as necessary. Get well soon.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
SwineFlu View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwineFlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2020 at 4:59pm

Good luck Turbo hope it goes well 

I am the Pig man Mixing vessel,I shuffle code like cards!
Usk View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Usk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 5:58am

Turbo USK here. They did sn extended sub type on me because the rapid Flu AB test only looks for flus that were in this years vaccine. H1N2 was not in this years vaccine but is apparently here on the east coast and acts alot like coronavirus. They tested my nose and throat swabs which yes were very invasive were tested for coronavirus and all other types of AAnd B that was not in vaccine. Mine came back H1N2 which last made an appearance in 2009. Hope that helps answer your question

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 10:14am

Originally posted by Usk Usk wrote:

Turbo USK here. They did sn extended sub type on me because the rapid Flu AB test only looks for flus that were in this years vaccine. H1N2 was not in this years vaccine but is apparently here on the east coast and acts alot like coronavirus. They tested my nose and throat swabs which yes were very invasive were tested for coronavirus and all other types of AAnd B that was not in vaccine. Mine came back H1N2 which last made an appearance in 2009. Hope that helps answer your question

So I got the call from the doctor. 

"You have something very similar to covid19."
I said, "What the f*** does that mean?"

"We are going to be doing more testing and will get back to you but in the meantime you have to remain in self isolation until further notice."

He asked me if I was feeling better or needed anything. I am feeling a little better, and I have Netflix, pornhub, and video games.

He laughed at that.                                 

As USK said there could be multiple strains of flu going around at the same time. That would be fun to get multiple viruses at the same time.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 10:25am

WTF...so now we don't know what the H is going around.  This is a CLUSTER F##K.   Take care of yourself Turbo!  Sending prayers you are ok, I just feel bad you are all alone and sick...well I will be all alone if I get sick.  However, I am a woman we do better than men...sorry just a fact!  Despite the fact you are doing the porn sites...LOL!

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 10:28am

Flu would not be "very similar" to covid10 in a PCR test (PCR is the only test at present) - unless the test is a cover for diagnosing by symptom only.  So there are 4 alternatives:

A new strain of the wu - you don't eat pangolin do you?

SARS or MERS - you don't eat camel do you?

A new, new coronavirus - you don't eat bat do you?

A common cold coronavirus - some can be surprisingly nasty.

Get well soon TG, keep up the info. Thanks!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 10:57am

So the tests were sent to a lab, and it's not the flu as the lab would have identified that, but it's a potential variant of COVID-19? 

More testing means they probably needs to send it to the CDC.  

This is getting a little crazy.   Exactly what strain of COVID-19 does Turbo have?  Of course it's not the flu as they just got lab the results and that was definitely ruled out.   

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 11:54am

IMHO MD doublespeak for yes you have it.

Sheep Lady
Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 12:33pm

WTF...so now we don't know what the H is going around.  This is a CLUSTER F##K.   Take care of yourself Turbo!  Sending prayers you are ok, I just feel bad you are all alone and sick...well I will be all alone if I get sick.  However, I am a woman we do better than men...sorry just a fact!  Despite the fact you are doing the porn sites...LOL!

I was kidding about the porn. 

I don't want the Covid19 to jump to the computer and be a....

Computer virus!!!!!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by Sheep Lady Sheep Lady wrote:

IMHO MD doublespeak for yes you have it.

That was kind of my take on it as well, especially when he said that I was to remain isolated. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic