Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

Kids In My Area NOT SIP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kids In My Area NOT SIP
    Posted: March 16 2020 at 1:15pm

JSaw two different groups of kids 9- 15 yrs old in groups of 7 -8 hanging out.  Not sure that is what is needed to be done right now considering we have a lot if parents working at Lockheed Martin and there are at least 3 that are confirmed.

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:24pm

There was not one unaccompanied kid and no teenagers out and around that I could see today.   I'm sure that will change.   Maybe police need to do some policing in your neck of the woods, FluMom.  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:25pm

LOL, not the precious children, cops would get their tails beat if they even talked to these kids.   Wealthy and privileged! 

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:35pm

Not so priviliged with dead parents and grandparents.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:37pm

Parents are worse than the kids they think nothing will Happen To THEM!   You can't fix stupid!  We are going to have a lot of dead people in Denver Burbs!  

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:43pm

Heigh, ho!  Stupidity, denial and a sense of invulnerability were never survival traits.

I would say avoid them like the plague, FluMom.  But plague being treatable, avoid them even more!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 3:53pm

Saw video from Italy on one of the news channels this morning,

Showing what looked like a young person on a ventilator

So I don't think the children are safe....

AT ALL......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2020 at 4:43pm

I know but people do not believe it they think only old people get very sick!  As soon as a few kids get on vents people will change!

CST View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 6:43pm

Our kids are of school. Thankfully my youngest is 12 and i have control of her coming and going. I have seen so many teens acting like it is a holiday.  Scares me. Thankfully my older 2 in their 30's are being careful.

hachiban08 View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hachiban08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 11:50pm

I needed to buy butter and more thermacare heating pads for my joint pain - everything is flaring up (kaiser suspended steroids for the time being) and believe me, even college/grad school aged people are treating it like a holiday. The girls behind me bought an ice cube shot glass mold, a bunch of alcohol, and intended to throw a party - they looked about mid 20s. I just turned 30, but I've been with y'all since I was 17. Some just mature slower than others for sure. Glad more of my friends are finally taking it seriously.

Be prepared! It may be time....^_^v
CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:20am

My wife and I live in a 55+ gated community, and the average age is likely more like 75.  

If there were any groups of kids on our streets, some grumpy old codger would likely shoot at them. 

I'm serious!  

CRS, DrPH
carbon20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:08am

Young guy I work with 35 was saying the other Day when it was the oldies getting sick and poping off ,said we should just let it rip through survival of the fittest.

Now he has changed 

Knowing he could get sick, 

arrogant white ex South African.......

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:57am

According to the latest set of age related statistics (that I found) age groups from 10 - 39 had a 0.2% Case Fatality Rate (rising to 0.4% for the 40-49 cohort).

While this is much smaller that the risk we golden oldies face, it is still TWICE THE OVERALL RATE FOR FLU, and note that the overall rate for flu includes the older people as well, so this is much more deadly for the younger people than flu would be.  

So while risks are much lower they still exist for teenagers and young adults, and we ignore at our risk what the statistics have been saying.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic