Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are we about to dislike the person we will become.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Are we about to dislike the person we will become.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are we about to dislike the person we will become.
    Posted: March 17 2020 at 9:58am

I was reading this article that during natural disasters people tend to come together but history shows us during pandemics we end up tearing each other apart....I am no psychologist...however got me thinking.

...are we about  to dislike the person we are about to become during this outbreak.

Anyone feeling they have changed.

Confession...the other day I went to shops when it was very quiet.  Went to self checkout and had managed to not be near anyone.  Suddenly other shoppers began to appear and they were getting quite  close ...I didnt want to leave my stuff but it was getting a bit crowded...I totally panicked  inside and then an idea came, I deliberately  began to cough loudly and put on a "I am sick" face...absolutely nothing wrong with me...well talk about the parting of the waves, everyone scarpered up aisles pretending to have forgotten something. I could hear the unclicking of mini alcohol  gel bottles all around me. Had entire area to myself.

Now I know it was VERY BAD of me, but confession 2, I did it again.  At petrol pump, a car drew up to use pump right beside me, I let out a wee cough and pulled the sick face again, car took off and went to pump furthest away from me.

Just as well for peoples mental health I am retreating to SIP.  

I am ashamed. Anyone else feeling they are changing. 

Hz x

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:04am

Don't feel bad for that Hazelpad.  You may have saved their lives by making them think better of their behaviour next time.

YCFS, but sometimes you can help a bit!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:06am

Well my hearing has gotten way better, I can hear a person cough from 500 feet away.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:08am

Originally posted by Hazelpad Hazelpad wrote:

I was reading this article that during natural disasters people tend to come together but history shows us during pandemics we end up tearing each other apart....I am no psychologist...however got me thinking.

...are we about  to dislike the person we are about to become during this outbreak.

Confession...the other day I went to shops when it was very quiet.  Went to self checkout and had managed to not be near anyone.  Suddenly other shoppers began to appear and they were getting quite  close ...I didnt want to leave my stuff but it was getting a bit crowded...I totally panicked  inside and then an idea came, I deliberately  began to cough loudly and put on a "I am sick" face...absolutely nothing wrong with me...well talk about the parting of the waves, everyone scarpered up aisles pretending to have forgotten something. I could hear the unclicking of mini alcohol  gel bottles all around me. Had entire area to myself.

Now I know it was VERY BAD of me, but confession 2, I did it again.  At petrol pump, a car drew up to use pump right beside me, I let out a wee cough and pulled the sick face again, car took off and went to pump furthest away from me.

Hz x

No harm no foul !! Carry on Hazelpad.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:21am

Good idea!   I would have done that if I was smart enough to do that but I am not that smart....but I learned and will use if I need to now!   LOL!   

I am not going out at all... called my accountant and I am mailing a copy of all my stuff and he can call with any questions.  He will mail it back to me. I am now going through all of it and mailing it tomorrow in the outside mailbox I can drive to and put mail in without seeing anyone!   I am really totally in SIP now and I am very happy!

Turboguy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turboguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 10:40am

Hz x

You shouldn't feel ashamed in the slightest. People need to stay away from each other. All you did was remind them of that. 

If anything you did them a favor.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views. - William F. Buckley
Flubergasted View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flubergasted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 5:23pm

I really needed that belly laugh today.  Totally going to use that if something like that happens to me.  I hope it won't, because I am trying not to go anywhere besides work.  Still, it was very instructive.  Still laughing...

WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2020 at 5:59pm

Don't feel bad at all.  A dear long time friend of mine living in rural South Carolina took a long trip to Target, found it impossibly crowded.  Started coughing into her sleeve and whatever aisle she was in cleared out.  

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 6:41pm

Thanks for your replies.  I guess I was feeling bad in case I sent someone home worrying.

You are all right though, its pretty minor crap for me to be getting upset with myself.  Not like I stabbed someone for the last packet of loo roll.

Hz x

EdwinSm, View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdwinSm, Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2020 at 11:24pm

Not like I stabbed someone for the last packet of loo roll.

Hz x

You mean something like this:-

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 3:00am

Now that's funny ....made me smile on a shit day ( excuse pun of shit day).

Hz x

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:32am

Best joke yet!  I'm crying.

I'm learning from our mice, who can steal cheese without setting traps off.

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:28am

Yes...but that toilet paper does look tempting, like the Hunger Games.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:30am

Yep!     

Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:37am

Do you think that's one of those quilted "I have people coming so will buy nice toilet roll" type or  "just the kids who will go through hundreds of it anyway so chuck out the sandpaper stuff" kind of TP.

Feel like a cat looking at a big chicken just out the oven.  Oh how we the human race are falling.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:56am

It is probably value range as it is just bait after all.  But in my mind it is luxury quilted, with aloe vera.

I've just been out and shut our gate.  I came in and washed my hands, then used sanitizer.   Then I sterilized all doorknobs I had touched and the edge of the door in case I had touched that.

Back in the living room, I held my double scrubbed hands up and said to Hubby with a wry smile:  This is the new normal isn't it?

I'm not sure what I am becoming, but paranoid is definitely part of it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic