Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracking the next pandemic: Avian Flu Talk

The truth of Trumps FAILURE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carbon20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The truth of Trumps FAILURE
    Posted: March 18 2020 at 4:27pm
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.🖖

Marcus Aurelius
Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 3:00pm

Of all the countries in the world only two responded quick enough. We elected a president and not an expert on pandemics. He can only do what his advisorsvtell him. And no he never said it was a hoax. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 3:05pm

What you want Dementia BIDEN running the country!  Give me a break!  We would not know WHO was making decisions that guy can't put two sentences together unless it is written for him.  So you better feel lucky Trump running the country now!  You can put Dementia Biden in office next year if you want! 

QUOTE=carbon20]

Reuters: Special Report: How Korea trounced U.S. in race to test people for coronavirus.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-testing-specialrep/special-report-how-korea-trounced-u-s-in-race-to-test-people-for-coronavirus-idUSKBN2153BW?feedType=mktg&feedName=topNews&WT.mc_id=Partner-Google

[/QUOTE]

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 3:52pm

'What we're talking about is rationing'

But Metro North, which runs five hospitals including the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, has adopted even stricter testing criteria than that spelled out by Australia's chief medical officer.

"Unfortunately, the extreme pressure on our personal protective equipment stocks continues, and the situation regarding pathology test kits, reagents and swabs [which] is deteriorating rapidly, with kits no longer being available in some regions of the country," Dr Brendan Murphy wrote in a letter to GPs last Friday.

Until then, Metro North staff were under instructions to "consider testing any person, including healthcare workers, with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19".

This meant testing people with close and casual (less than 15 minutes) contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases who had fever or other symptoms, healthcare workers with fever and symptoms irrespective of travelling and contact history, overseas travellers with fever and symptoms, and people with severe pneumonia.

But just one day after Dr Murphy's letter, Metro North changed its criteria to stop testing people who had been in casual contact with those infected, and to only test healthcare workers with a history of direct contact with COVID-19 patients.

Hours later that same day, it changed the criteria again — to remove direct reference to healthcare workers.

Instead, it specified testing for overseas travellers with fever and symptoms, those in close contact with COVID-19 cases, and those with severe pneumonia.

"What you're talking about is rationing," Dr Dwyer said.

"That's perfectly logical. But it's regrettable because the point is that we are handicapped in our fight against this virus by not being able to do more tests.

"I don't think we're doing anything like enough testing."

keep the joy
WitchMisspelled View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WitchMisspelled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by Lakeman5 Lakeman5 wrote:

Of all the countries in the world only two responded quick enough. We elected a president and not an expert on pandemics. He can only do what his advisorsvtell him. And no he never said it was a hoax. 

“This is their new hoax,” Trump continued,

Video doesn't lie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 4:24pm

From SNOPES...owned by the left:

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Origin

On the last Friday of February 2020, U.S. President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in South Carolina and made comments during a speech in which he accused Democrats of “politicizing” the coronavirus outbreak that left many with the impression that he had referred to the virus itself as a “hoax.”

Various news media outlets and personalities reported that he did so, including syndicated columnist Dana Milbank, who tweeted:

Likewise, Politico ran a story headlined “Trump rallies his base to treat coronavirus as a ‘hoax.'” And in an article headlined “Trump calls coronavirus Democrats’ ‘new hoax,'” NBC News correspondent Lauren Egan wrote: “President Donald Trump accused Democrats of ‘politicizing’ the deadly coronavirus during a campaign rally here on Friday, claiming that the outbreak is ‘their new hoax’ as he continued to downplay the risk in the U.S.” 

These prompted inquiries from Snopes readers who asked us to verify the accuracy of the claim.

Trump held the rally on Feb. 28 on the eve of the South Carolina Democratic primary, which former Vice President Joe Biden ultimately won. During his roughly one-hour, 20-minute commentary, Trump hit back at his political opponents in the Democratic Party for their critiques of his administration’s handling of a potential pandemic.

Here are Trump’s exact words on the topic at the South Carolina rally:

Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.

In context, Trump did not say in the passage above that the virus itself was a hoax. He instead said that Democrats’ criticism of his administration’s response to it was a hoax. He muddied the waters a few minutes later, however, by comparing the number of coronavirus fatalities in the U.S. (none, at that point in time) to the number of fatalities during an average flu season, and accusing the press of being in “hysteria mode”:

So a number that nobody heard of that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000. That’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000, they say usually a minimum of 27, it goes up to 100,000 people a year who die, and so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t, and we are totally prepared, it doesn’t mean we won’t. But think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people, and we’ve lost nobody, and you wonder, the press is in hysteria mode.

For his part, Trump later defended his comments by stating he was indeed calling out the Democrats’ efforts to blame him and his administration for what they have characterized as an inadequate response “because we’ve done such a good job.”

Trump did however downplay the scale of the virus and the danger it posed to the public. At the time he made his remarks, the U.S. had 57 confirmed coronavirus cases, 40 of which came from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which experienced an outbreak of the virus. And health officials were warning that the spread of the virus domestically was “inevitable.”

The novel coronavirus infection has been a fast-moving crisis. Just hours after Trump’s rally in South Carolina, the U.S. had its first coronavirus death. As of this writing, six people in the U.S. have died from the COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus. Globally, more than 80,000 cases have been identified and 3,000 people have died, while experts have warned the outbreak of the virus could become a pandemic.

Although Trump made a reference to seasonal flu death rates, COVID-19, which was first detected in the winter of 2019 in Wuhan, China, appears so far to be more lethal. And because the virus is new, no vaccine or treatment exists for it.

SNOPES.COM
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 4:43pm

But that’s just the problem - he has consistently positioned himself as the expert, and second guessed the medical and scientific community at every turn. We’ve been talking about this outbreak since January, and many of us have been finishing up our preps while he constantly downplayed it as no big deal, and something that would go away by April as if “by a miracle”. Then he said that nobody could have known it was going to be a problem a month ago (clearly not true), and now he’s the one that knew it would be a pandemic (again, not true). This is not normal behavior for an adult, and his flip flopping and delaying have done nobody any favors. We undoubtedly have massive numbers of cases that are going undetected now because we haven’t had test kits in any meaningful numbers. When we start locking down cities, it will have the opposite effect as those infected, but as yet untested, will be quarantined with the healthy - like millions of tiny cruise ships. Our Expert-in-Chief has created a far bigger problem and made it much harder to tackle at this point. I have coworkers that claimed all along that it was a hoax and nothing to worry about because the President said so. They consequently  have nothing extra stored because they took Trump at his word.

"Buy it cheap. Stack it deep"
"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 4:50pm

Look he has been President for just 3 years and it was ONLY HIM that did not make reserves for this Pandemic...it has been all of the Presidents since 9/11 that did not make reserves.  Give me a break it is all Trumps fault!  I do not think so!

Yes they screwed up the test kits but that was the CDC and FDA using old regs that do not apply to this situation yes it will cost lives but again old regs and past Presidents did not change that either.  Still not all Trumps fault!  Why try an blame one man is what I do not understand!

CRS, DrPH View Drop Down
Expert Level Adviser
Expert Level Adviser

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRS, DrPH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 4:51pm

There are many in the US Republican party that seriously downplay this pandemic:

https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/03/19/rep-don-young-tells-alaska-seniors-beer-virus-fears-are-overblown-skips-vote-on-covid-19-relief/

Sorry, folks....I've worked on more than a few outbreaks and even pandemics, dating back to the earliest days of HIV AIDS.  The Trump administration was fully warned about this, and they treated the possibility of a pandemic like a big joke (and many on the Right still do). 

They will end up costing the US millions of lives (2 million predicted) and trillions of dollars. 

There used to be some folks in the Republican party (or Tories etc.) that I admired in the old days....Bob Dole, John McCain, Ronald Reagan, Maggie Thatcher, etc.  They would have been mortified at what has become of their nations.   

Oh well.  See you on the other side, if it comes to that.  The only thing that might halt this is Chinese-style force, and US citizens won't like that type of action.  Sad but true.  The Italians recently published this:  "The lesson we learned is that isolating all positive cases, whether they were sick or not, we were able to reduce transmission by 90 percent," Andrea Cristani, a professor of microbiology at the University of Padua in Italy who helped carry out the testing, told RFI.

CRS, DrPH
jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:01pm

I’m not claiming that, FluMom - I’m saying that instead of deferring to the experts, he took the reins and set the tone of the entire administration by downplaying it, even as it was spreading around the global and crippling countries like China, Iran and Italy.  Let me just ask all the Trump supporters a serious question - when he was saying it was nothing to worry about, why didn’t you stop prepping? Why didn’t you take him at his word? I don’t get how you can mistrust him on something as fundamental as that, and yet say he’s doing a good job.

*Hit the italics icon by mistake and I don’t feel like fighting my phone/forum again by retyping it. Oops...

"Any community that fails to prepare, with the expectation that the federal government will come to the rescue, will be tragically wrong." Michael Leavitt, HHS Secretary.
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:26pm

I too have been watching.  You are BOTH right.  Yep BOTH!

At the start he at least intimated it was a hoax and would go away in the Summer.  The CDC had already been gutted and test kits from the WHO were refused, yet the CDC's ones were faulty.  This was a disasterous start!  The virus got a good foothold.

Then (presumably, I don't know) he saw the numbers rise and started to understand the whole concept of exponential.  Everything changed and he started coughing up money, organising things and undoing as much of the damage as was possible.

I can't defend his start, but I can't fault his later stuff - I wish my government followed suit.

He is trying to claim America was the saviour of the world by pointing out the use of chloroquine - actually it was the French, Chinese and Koreans that found that out.  As to Bayer donating 3 million doses - That quantity is like trying to sheer a large flock of sheep with a pair of nail scisors.  Chloroquine is not a particularily expensive drug either - it is out of patient and available as a generic.  This arrogant behaviour is annoying!  But not really terrible, just annoying.  Would that my government would licence its use faster. He shamed them with that bit!

So quit the fighting.  We are family here!

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:46pm

AP fact checks Democrats’ claims Donald Trump gutted the CDC

FEBRUARY 27, 2020

We have not seen the mainstream media and the Democrats try to drum up so much pandemic fear since George W Bush was running for reelection in 2004. But they are dipping back into the playbook and they are hoping that this time around they will be able to scare Americans into voting for the Democrats by claiming the country is not ready for a pandemic because Donald Trump has already failed to protect us.

It did not work against George Bush but they are hoping this time around the second time will be a charm, there really is nothing new under the sun when it comes to the Democratic playbook. We have heard several Democratic leaders come out trashing the President for his lack of response to the coronavirus outbreak and during the debate the other night several candidates claimed that the President gutted the CDC and this has left the United States vulnerable. The Associated Press actually decided to do some investigative journalism and fact-checked this claim.

Here is what a couple of the candidates said during the debate:

MIKE BLOOMBERG: “There’s nobody here to figure out what the hell we should be doing. And he’s defunded — he’s defunded Centers for Disease Control, CDC, so we don’t have the organization we need. This is a very serious thing.” — debate Tuesday night.

JOE BIDEN, comparing the Obama-Biden administration with now: “We increased the budget of the CDC. We increased the NIH budget. … He’s wiped all that out. … He cut the funding for the entire effort.”

Here is what the AP found:

They’re both wrong to say the agencies have seen their money cut. Bloomberg is repeating the false allegation in a new ad that states the U.S. is unprepared for the virus because of “reckless cuts” to the CDC. Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased.

The Congress has actually increased the funding for the CDC and while Donald Trump might have proposed cuts to the agency he signed an increase CDC spending into law.

As far as Michael Bloomberg’s claim that there is nobody at the CDC to oversea outbreak response here is what the AP found:

The broader point about there being “nobody here” to coordinate the response sells short what’s in place to handle an outbreak.

The public health system has a playbook to follow for pandemic preparation — regardless of who’s president or whether specific instructions are coming from the White House. Those plans were put into place in anticipation of another flu pandemic, but are designed to work for any respiratory-borne disease.

Among the health authorities overseeing the work are Dr. Anne Schuchat, CDC’s principal deputy director and a veteran of previous outbreaks, and Dr. Anthony Fauci, NIH’s infectious disease chief who has advised six presidents.

Another lie, here is the AP summary on these claims:

Democratic presidential contenders are describing the federal infectious-disease bureaucracy as rudderless and ill-prepared for the coronavirus threat because of budget cuts and ham-handed leadership by President Donald Trump. That’s a distorted picture.

In others words the Democrats are lying and twisting the truth to suit their personal agenda and even the Associated Press could not run cover for the Democrats on this issue. However the Democrats are shameless and they will continue to promote the big lie knowing that for the most part the mainstream media will swear to it.

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Advertisements
keep the joy
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:52pm

Pleeeeese, this is not a Forum to BASH TRUMP!

Newbie1A View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newbie1A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:53pm

know this thread is about Trump, but here is a politician who took some action (even if not enough)...sorry don't know all your state leaders etc - I don't follow politics much...just another way to create division in the masses....!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/senate-intel-chair-in-february-privately-warned-coronavirus-was-akin-to-1918-pandemic/ar-BB11qDkS?ocid=spartanntp

If it's to be - it's up to me!
Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:57pm

You are correct,  You sent me off checking.  Aparently every Trump budget has attempted to cut CDC funds, but every one was blocked by congress.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:27pm

Yes but the Trump haters will not stop even when they are proved wrong!   And despite the fact the money was not cut we are still here in this situation!

JellyMama View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JellyMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:27pm

Let’s get real here. Trump was buying time in order to get better prepared. The media was just as guilty in saying it was just the flu. Trump was trying to keep things calm as you see what happened when they told people to prepare. Can you imagine the panic we would have had a month ago with no tests? And for the pandemic planning which Trump is not responsible for, those agencies did a terrible job. All the roadblocks should have been identified in a plan, masks should have been stockpiled, all the stuff they are doing now should have been in a plan before this. Quit blaming Trump, he can only get advice from his experts. This is what happens when you let government run things. We should be focusing on the unprepared CDC, FDA and W.H.O.  So Chuck, if you helped write preparedness plans for these agencies, what can you tell us about those plans?

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:31pm

And All The Liberals want the Government to Run our HEALTH CARE...this is what will happen!  They will let people die!  Don't believe the Liberals it is private industry that will pull our butts out of the Covid19 and if we did not have private Hospitals, private insurance the Liberals will screw it up so bad we will wish we were dead!

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:59pm

Originally posted by CRS, DrPH CRS, DrPH wrote:

There are many in the US Republican party that seriously downplay this pandemic:

https://www.adn.com/politics/2020/03/19/rep-don-young-tells-alaska-seniors-beer-virus-fears-are-overblown-skips-vote-on-covid-19-relief/

Sorry, folks....I've worked on more than a few outbreaks and even pandemics, dating back to the earliest days of HIV AIDS.  The Trump administration was fully warned about this, and they treated the possibility of a pandemic like a big joke (and many on the Right still do). 

They will end up costing the US millions of lives (2 million predicted) and trillions of dollars. 

There used to be some folks in the Republican party (or Tories etc.) that I admired in the old days....Bob Dole, John McCain, Ronald Reagan, Maggie Thatcher, etc.  They would have been mortified at what has become of their nations.   

Oh well.  See you on the other side, if it comes to that.  The only thing that might halt this is Chinese-style force, and US citizens won't like that type of action.  Sad but true.  The Italians recently published this:  "The lesson we learned is that isolating all positive cases, whether they were sick or not, we were able to reduce transmission by 90 percent," Andrea Cristani, a professor of microbiology at the University of Padua in Italy who helped carry out the testing, told RFI.

Thanks for your thoughts, CRS. I believe we'll see a number like this as well, but I sometimes hesitate expressing it because well, denial is a powerful force. I've been advocating for TOTAL shutdown, but sadly, we won't do it, and our measures may not be enough. 

I AM encouraged by the testing advances. We simply need to test EVERYONE, sick or not, to see if they need to quarantine, and develop an antibody test to determine incidence to see if our quarantines/isolations are working or not. 

If we can test everyone,sympotmatic or not, quickly, we may have a fighting chance.  Then lift shelter in place orders and limit entry/exit on a town by town, county by county, state by state basis.

KiwiMum View Drop Down
Chief Moderator
Chief Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KiwiMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 9:04pm

Originally posted by jacksdad jacksdad wrote:

I’m not claiming that, FluMom - I’m saying that instead of deferring to the experts, he took the reins and set the tone of the entire administration by downplaying it, even as it was spreading around the global and crippling countries like China, Iran and Italy.  Let me just ask all the Trump supporters a serious question - when he was saying it was nothing to worry about, why didn’t you stop prepping? Why didn’t you take him at his word? I don’t get how you can mistrust him on something as fundamental as that, and yet say he’s doing a good job.

I notice not one of the Trump supporters on here have answered your question. They are all ignoring it. I guess you hit the nail on the head.

Those who got it wrong, for whatever reason, may feel defensive and retrench into a position that doesn’t accord with the facts.
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 9:18pm

I can tell you why KiwiMum, Trump's job was to keep people calm while they got a plan together...this Virus exploded 12 weeks ago and most including all of Europe did not think it would happen to them.  At least Trump closed the borders to China...Europe did not and they are paying the price.  It is not easy to get 300 million people ready to SIP especially ones who don't even know what SIP means.   So do I fault him for trying at the start to keep things calm NO, because most people have to ease into the fact a bunch of people 1 Million or more will die and they may have to stay in their house for 8 weeks or more with their kids no less.   

I did not stop prepping because I knew what was coming I have been planning since 2006.  I knew what he was doing, I am smarter than most maybe but it does not take a brain surgeon to figure out what Trump was doing.   So NO I do not mistrust him!  He did the job I hired him to do!

jacksdad View Drop Down
Executive Admin
Executive Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jacksdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 6:52am

Buying time to get better prepared? What exactly did he do while he was buying time? That’s a genuine question. Give me examples of what you guys know was going on in the background while he was publicly denying it was a problem, because I didn’t see anything happening to soften the blow. It’s not a trick question. And what possible advantage could there be in waiting until the last minute to tell people to get ready? All that happened was people were alerted late and started panic buying with a much smaller window of opportunity to get prepared. That line of reasoning makes no sense whatsoever. That’s like the National Weather Service not telling the residents of Florida about an impending hurricane so they could be better prepared themselves. We know the cornerstone of prepping is personal responsibility to lighten the load on the federal government. This was the complete opposite and it’s shameful. 

We’re not questioning him because we’re Trump haters. We’re questioning his response as Commander in Chief to the first major pandemic in a century. His feelings should play no part in how he handles this. He gets it wrong, we have every right to question it. Obama was under the microscope for everything he did - why did the right to criticize the President stop in 2016?

kaye kaye View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaye kaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 1:38pm

The timeline of the two developments — impeachment and coronavirus — is shocking, and reveals the true cost of hyper-partisanship.

• January 11: Chinese state media report the first known death from an illness originating in the Wuhan market.
  • January 15: Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) holds a vote to send articles of impeachment to the Senate. Pelosi and House Democrats celebrate the “solemn” occasion with a signing ceremony, using commemorative pens.
  • January 21: The first person with coronavirus arrives in the United States from China, where he had been in Wuhan.
  • January 23: The House impeachment managers make their opening arguments for removing President Trump.
  • January 23: China closes off the city of Wuhan completely to slow the spread of coronavirus to the rest of China.
  • January 30: Senators begin asking two days of questions of both sides in the president’s impeachment trial.
  • January 30: The World Health Organization declares a global health emergency as coronavirus continues to spread.
  • January 31: The Senate holds a vote on whether to allow further witnesses and documents in the impeachment trial.
  • January 31: President Trump declares a national health emergency and imposes a ban on travel to and from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden calls Trump’s decision “hysterical xenophobia … and fear-mongering.”
  • February 2: The first death from coronavirus outside China is reported in the Philippines.
  • February 3: House impeachment managers begin closing arguments, calling Trump a threat to national security.
  • February 4: President Trump talks about coronavirus in his State of the Union address; Pelosi rips up every page.
  • February 5: The Senate votes to acquit President Trump on both articles of impeachment, 52-48 and 53-47.
  • February 5: House Democrats finally take up coronavirus in the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Asia.

For twenty days, from the day the first death from coronavirus was known, Democrats did nothing about it. They were too busy with the president’s impeachment trial — a trial Pelosi had delayed unnecessarily for several weeks.

To the extent that they commented on coronavirus at all, it was only to tear up the president’s remarks or to call him a racist. They told the nation that he, not coronavirus, was a threat to the national security of the United States.

/www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/13/pollak-democrats-pushed-impeachment-while-coronavirus-spread/

keep the joy
pheasant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pheasant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2020 at 1:49pm

Oh my gosh.....time for sanitary pads here.

How about moving to the children corner >>>>>>>>>>>>

Cant argue stupid folks.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself......FDR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic