Click to Translate to English Click to Translate to French  Click to Translate to Spanish  Click to Translate to German  Click to Translate to Italian  Click to Translate to Japanese  Click to Translate to Chinese Simplified  Click to Translate to Korean  Click to Translate to Arabic  Click to Translate to Russian  Click to Translate to Portuguese  Click to Translate to Myanmar (Burmese)

PANDEMIC ALERT LEVEL
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Forums > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now tracking the new emerging South Africa Omicron Variant

Chloroquine update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chloroquine update
    Posted: March 19 2020 at 10:27am

Well, the Chloroquine will be gone soon.  Trump just endorsed (and annuonced) it today on live television during the WH briefing.   Boy are we ahead of things around here.   I posted about it here a looong time ago.  hehe.   We even went to defcon 6 and delared a pandemic 2 weeks before the WHO.  We have made some lucky calls on this thing.    

https://www.facebook.com/Avianflutalk
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 10:31am

Well I am still waiting for mine did not go to the Dr route...was too nervous for that.  Hope mine got mailed March 2 like they emailed me.

Technophobe View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 10:36am

Not lucky, Boss, SMART!  

I think there is more brains on this site than Cambridge (UK), MIT (US) and Otago (NZ) combined.

How do you tell if a politician is lying?
His lips or pen are moving.
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:09am
Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:11am

lol.... thanks techno.  I agreed that we have some pretty sharp people here.  JD may be the weak link, but it's all gooooood.     

FM - meant to message you and to follow-up.  The other day I disputed the charge, and for the heck of it I tried the tracking # today and mine was sent out two days ago.  It's just now leaving India after 3 weeks.  

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:12am

I will keep you posted if I get mine I am almost at 3 weeks from ship date!!!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:20am

Techno - 

You're right!  You did beat me to it!   lol

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:22am

Originally posted by Albert Albert wrote:

lol.... thanks techno.  I agreed that we have some pretty sharp people here.  JD may be the weak link, but it's all gooooood.     

FM - meant to message you and to follow-up.  The other day I disputed the charge, and for the heck of it I tried the tracking # today and mine was sent out two days ago.  It's just now leaving India after 3 weeks.  

Same here,  was supposed to have been mailed on the 1st,  just mailed 2 days ago. I thought it was coming from Canada, not so. I have very little faith in it getting here before things shut all the way down though.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:23am

Hey, I listen to you when you tell me things Albert!  All my friends will tell you: " I GET'ER DONE"!    That is why they love me at my school I handle any problem they give me and it gets taken care of...right now!

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:25am

Originally posted by FluMom FluMom wrote:

Hey, I listen to you when you tell me things Albert!  All my friends will tell you: " I GET'ER DONE"!    That is why they love me at my school I handle any problem they give me and it gets taken care of...right now!

Good job!  And I can definitely see why they love you at your school. :)

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:26am

Originally posted by AI AI wrote:

Same here,  was supposed to have been mailed on the 1st,  just mailed 2 days ago. I thought it was coming from Canada, not so. I have very little faith in it getting here before things shut all the way down though.

It will be close.  It usually get's held up in customs for a few days at JFK.  It should be another 10 days or so, so it should be ok.  

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:28am

Not me Albert, it was Southeastern who told us about the chloroquine.  I found out about remdesivir the day after.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:29am

It will be close.  It usually get's held up in customs for a few days at JFK.  It should be another 10 days or so, so it should be ok.  

I'm not sure we have ten days. I think within a week possibly less Washington state will be locked down where I am located. Once an entire state locks down the others will quickly follow suit I think.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:34am

Your order has been shipped on the 3rd of March by Registered Air Mail.

Your shipping number is: 123456  (Not the real number guys)

Delivery takes 2-3 weeks.

Enjoy your life!

Smile a lot!

If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us USA +1  (888) 243-74-06 UK  +44 (800) 041-87-44 We always take care for You and Your Family!

We are available for 24/7/365.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Support Manager, Keithy.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:40am

Enjoy your life!

Smile a lot!

If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact us USA +1  (888) 243-74-06 UK  +44 (800) 041-87-44 We always take care for You and Your Family!

Sincerely,

Same one I got FluMom. They lied, it never shipped out when they said it did and they even provided a tracking number for an item they hadn't even mailed yet said they had.  Check your tracking number, it'll either not have any info or it'll say it was mailed a couple days ago I'm betting.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:48am

AI  were do I check the number at USPS.  Where???    USPS does not track from India is what I just got!!!  So where do you check this?

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:57am

AI  were do I check the number at USPS.  Where???    USPS does not track from India is what I just got!!!  So where do you check this?

Email customer service and ask for shipping confirmation and a valid tracking number. 

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:35pm

Well I suspect they were reading this site!

Sheep Lady
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:37pm

Just emailed to the email to sent me and to customer service.  I will tell you if they get back to me!

Sheep Lady View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheep Lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:37pm

Enjoy your life!

Smile a lot!

Sincerely,

Same one I got FluMom. They lied, it never shipped out when they said it did and they even provided a tracking number for an item they hadn't even mailed yet said they had.  Check your tracking number, it'll either not have any info or it'll say it was mailed a couple days ago I'm betting.

Yep, mine was supposedly mailed March 2.  Took them till the past Monday to tell me they canceled the order; I had heard they were not going to ship any more out of country to save it for their own.  That was a news source not HFS.

Sheep Lady
FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:40pm

Well, as soon as I hear back from HFS I will tell you what they say.  Hey look if they did not ship we tried and I will dispute the charge, I put it on American Express so they will return the money.

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:40pm

Well supposedly mine mailed but then again I have heard that before LOL. And like I said I doubt it'll get here before the lock down, possible not probable though.

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:48pm

Perhaps it's been discussed, but it seems hydroxychloroquine is better tolerated than chloroquine, and was especially effective when used with a z-pack (zithromax) from some recent reports I've seen. Thoughts?

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 12:54pm

Received this email just now!  So I am hoping that what he said is true.  If not I will dispute the charge.  At least they emailed me back!   I did change numbers and name to protect the innocent....LOL!

Dear FluMom,

thank you for your email,

your tracking number 123456 is valid unfortunately for the shipping option, you selected online tracking is not available your order was shipped out on 03.03.2020 Due to delays caused by COVID-19 the Estimated date of arrival at the post office for your package is 05 Apr 2020 - 11 Apr 2020.

Sincerely,

Your support manager BEN

BabyCat View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 1:24pm
Hazelpad View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hazelpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:17pm

Chloroquinine is a balance.  It has to be the right dose.

High enough to cause acidification of cell organelles to stop viral replication, BUT not so much as to cause immunosuppression.( remember it is used in autoimmunity especially lupus and RA as a powerful immuno modulator.  At certain doses it dampens down the immunresponse too much).  

So kill virus but dont suppress immune system, because this drug does both.

Hz x

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:24pm

My take on it:  "Oh Doc, Can't you get enough?  Well I have mine, can you monitor the dose for me, please?"

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 2:29pm

Here is what the study said that Kaye Kaye posted:

Antiviral therapies:

Chloroquine phosphate (adult 18-65 years old weighing more than 110 lbs: 500 mg twice daily for 7 days; 

body weight less than 110 lbs: 500 mg twice daily for day 1 and 2, 500 mg once daily for day 3 through 7) …

Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 5:12pm

Well I saw it here first. Was not comfortable buying the bark nor getting anything from an unregulated country. I bought tonic water. Not much quinine in it but it builds up in your ststem and some might be better than nothing. Also not exactly the same chemical but ...

ozarkcountryboy View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkcountryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:32pm

I have a tracking number but don't know who the shipper is to track.

Could you tell who they are using?

I ordered the same day you guys did.

Thanks.

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 6:51pm

If you did not pay for the tracking which I was not offered we just have to wait is what I understand from them.  Sorry can't tell you more, we are all in the same boat!

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by ozarkcountryboy ozarkcountryboy wrote:

Thanks.

India Post and then to USPS when it gets to the US. 

Might try this site https://t.17track.net/

It's where my tracking number works. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 9:39pm

Originally posted by ozarkcountryboy ozarkcountryboy wrote:

Thanks.

India Post and then to USPS when it gets to the US. 

Might try this site https://t.17track.net/

It's where my tracking number works. 

Looks like it got to Mumbai on 3/18/2020 so maybe I might get it?

Thank you AI here is what it says:   Thank you again AI

Destination - Tracking consuming: 383 ms
Origin - Tracking consuming: 12905 ms

MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE, Item Bagged

MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE, Item Received

BNPL SP Hub Mumbai, Item Dispatched

BNPL SP Hub Mumbai, Item Bagged

BNPL SP Hub Mumbai, Item Booked

AI View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 10:51pm

You are more than welcome FluMom. Hope it gets to you soon. Thinking WA is going to order a lockdown within the next day or two so I'm wondering if the mail is still going to be delivered when that happens, so I might not get mine if they don't. 

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2020 at 11:27pm

I may not get mine either.  Mumbi can’t eve spell it I have no idea if it will get here,

Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:40pm

So I bought tonic water even though it has little quinine in it. They were out at Meijer and had limited supply at walmart. Maybe people are buying quinine. Maybe people are just buying whatever water they can find. Or maybe the suppliers are just busy shipping other stuff.

Anyway the liquor store had plenty.

Im figuring out what is best to mix it with since it taste oddly both horrible and appealing at the same time. Ive done lime, amaretto, and coffee. Each has benefits and drawbacks. Plain is an option too.

I take a zinc pill with it because Chris Martin says it works by transporting zinc into the cell thereby inhibiting the viruses ability to replicate.

So Im just old enough that my prostate slows my urine stream. I take pygeum for that and if I dont take two doses per day for a couple of days it doesnt do much.

The last two days my stream has been really good. I was wondering why because I was not doing a good job keeping up with the pygeum.

Then I remembered that zinc is supposed to be good for this. I had tried it in the past but did not have noticeable results.

I think the quinine is helpng the zinc to remedy my prostate issues. And that encourages me to think it is helpng zinc to do its jobs in my body.

Guess ill watch it more. 

Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 1:42pm

By the way. Does anyone know how to make or where to get zinc lozenges?

FluMom View Drop Down
Adviser Group
Adviser Group

Valued Member Since 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FluMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 2:00pm

Grocery Store, drug store.

Lakeman5 View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeman5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2020 at 6:58pm

Grocery Store, drug store.

. Walmart and amazon are out. 

interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 12:20am

Please be careful with those dosages of Hydroxychloroquine. The study I read out of southern France said 600mg once per day for 6 days with Zithromax stops Covid-19 in its tracks. Also read that over 1000mg/day of chloroquine can be toxic. Seems like there is a sweet spot for Chloroquine Phosphate and/or Hydroxychloroquine. Definitely not an expert, so I plan on consulting with a doctor before I self-administer... assuming one is available when I or a family member gets this thing while there are drug shortages. My family is SIP until testing is full swing so we don't waste critical supplies on normal ailments. 

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
interwebber View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interwebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 12:56am

I ordered today. 60 tablets of 400mg for $320. Not sure if they'll make it or not but it was worth a shot...

http://www.kiwiquickmeds.com/

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
bobisavirgin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 9:18am

I normally get liquid zinc, amazon was out of my brand but I found I can buy them at their normal website (as of two days ago).  I'm in the states.  I think it was 12 dollars... for 1770mg zinc total.  The brand is sensable supplements (taste 'n score).  On a related note I'm about to make my second post which will probably be extremely stupid, but I would like to see if the more scientifically advanced people can offer any insight as to just HOW stupid my idea is about getting zinc to penetrate the cell membrane.

BTW hi all, my first post.  I've been lurking for a while though.

Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technophobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 10:51am

Welcome aboard BIAV!

bobisavirgin View Drop Down
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobisavirgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 11:09am

Thanks

Albert View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2020 at 11:17am

I just did an order from here yesterday.  First time and have never used them.     http://stock-orders.com/order-aralen-online-en.html

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic